76 replies to this topic

#41 Kaeb Odellas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 03 February 2016 - 10:54 PM

I've accrued 2 years worth of banked premium time just from mech packs alone.

#42 grendeldog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 340 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 12:14 PM

View PostKaeb Odellas, on 03 February 2016 - 10:54 PM, said:

I've accrued 2 years worth of banked premium time just from mech packs alone.

Hah yeah me too!

#43 Torgun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 12:31 PM

While we can all disagree whether it's good value or not beyond the $20 (I most certainly don't think it is), we should all be able to agree on that PGI is really maximising their income for their effort this time. I mean in the end it's still one mech with different hardpoints, camo etc that takes minimum effort once you have the mech done. They even went and included a variant that is waaaay after the timeline we're supposed to be in right now. The profit is strong in this one.

#44 DjPush

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 02:03 PM

DOOOOOONNNNNNTTTTT CCCAAAAAARRRREEEEEE...

I just gave them $100 for the Hero Spirit Bear and Collectors pack plus some MC purchaces for a Hero mech and some paint skinz...

Love this game. I am more than happy to support it's developement or just sustaining operation. Peoeple make a big deal about the cost of things. However, nobody is forcing you to buy them.

So why the thread complaining about the price?

#45 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 04 February 2016 - 03:14 PM

$15 for the Spirit Bear is a bit much, I think. I should have some Premium Time and/or goodies with it. I have a hard time forking over $15 for any single Mech.

#46 Kaeb Odellas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 04 February 2016 - 03:54 PM

View PostNightmare1, on 04 February 2016 - 03:14 PM, said:

$15 for the Spirit Bear is a bit much, I think. I should have some Premium Time and/or goodies with it. I have a hard time forking over $15 for any single Mech.

The Boar's Head costs 7500 MC. That's 30 bucks when using the $100 MC package conversion rate. $15 is a steal compared to prices for previous mechs.

I'm not saying $15 is necessarily a good price. It's just a lot lower than they've been in the past.

#47 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 04 February 2016 - 04:25 PM

View PostKaeb Odellas, on 04 February 2016 - 03:54 PM, said:

The Boar's Head costs 7500 MC. That's 30 bucks when using the $100 MC package conversion rate. $15 is a steal compared to prices for previous mechs.

I'm not saying $15 is necessarily a good price. It's just a lot lower than they've been in the past.

Still too much though. To me, $5 is about my limit.

#48 Xmith

• The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,099 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 February 2016 - 04:33 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 03 February 2016 - 05:35 PM, said:

20$ for the basic pack is ok... and it has good contents.

yet for an additional 20$ you only get a re-skin of a variant that you already have and thats it...
does this sound reasonable to you?

No.

$15 is about right.

#49 Peenutts

• PipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 06:13 PM

All looked good to me. I bought all the stuff. Posted Image

#50 Cow And Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 136 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:42 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 03 February 2016 - 09:49 PM, said:

Kodiak full pack at 70$ is about 66,000 MC worth of content (+18M Cbills in the shape of modules)

Origins full pack at 80$ is about 141,200 MC worth of content. (stuff that you can not get with C-bills)

lets just keep it at that... i won't tell anybody that you even thought about this comparison.

I should have read this post before I bought the collectors Cow pack then the Hero Cow addon. That 55$.
I chose this pack because I think I will like these Cows even tho I don't play Clan Cows. (until now)

Maybe I should have bought the 20$ Cows and then the Hero Cow addon (15$).
I think spending this much $ on something (Cows) you don't have any guarantee (performance wise) is pretty insane...

Look. Now ... You made me cry! But honestly. If the "Content" I am buying dosen't add up to $ I am spending
I fear it will be the last Cow pack I buy in this game.

Cow on.
Regads,
Cow and Chicken !

#51 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 09:19 AM

KDK-2 will probably be the only variant I use, but oh well still good pricing for a Hero mech, and paks.

#52 0bsidion

• 1,653 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 09:24 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 03 February 2016 - 05:35 PM, said:

20$ for the basic pack is ok... and it has good contents.

yet for an additional 20$ you only get a re-skin of a variant that you already have and thats it...
does this sound reasonable to you?

With the early adopter's bonus I'd say it's worth at least the $20 pack. Personally I'd only spring for the $40 pack if I just absolutely loved the crap out of the base variant and knew I'd be running that thing a lot, but that's just me.

#53 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 26 February 2016 - 09:47 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 03 February 2016 - 08:05 PM, said:

Wouldn't call it a trap, but have always felt it should be $10, and be a "token" that you can put on your Variant of Choice (one time, then permanent).

The collectors model are the one part of the MotM formula I don't like.

SO much this. and for packs too. Its so annoying when the bonus C-Bill variant is obviously crap compared to the others. like the Enforcer and Grasshopper ® variants are strictly the worst ones.

If i could choose which one i wanted with a 'token' type thing, that would allow for people with different tastes to choose which they prefer. I know if i had the choice the one getting the cbill bonus would be the KDK-3, hands down.

#54 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,924 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 09:52 AM

standard packs imho are the most bang for your buck. and the hero/reinforcement/collectors versions might come with cool bonuses, but are otherwise going to be bs fluff you dont need. and a month of premium time and the ocd to use it all is going to end with an intervention for my "gaming additction". i mean you are essentially paying for bitmaps. and hardpoints that make your kodiak look like a [insert standard clan laser vomit platform]. that is most certainly not why i want a kodiak.

Edited by LordNothing, 26 February 2016 - 09:54 AM.

#55 chewie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 875 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, UK, Addicks, FedSuns

Posted 26 February 2016 - 09:53 AM

OP

Im not defending their pricing methods, but.
$20 gets you
1 extra mech, Hero/Champion/Special grade. Assault class. Equivalent value. DWF Champion worth 8,770 MC
2 extra Standing items, can be between 100 and 1250mc ea. As its new, we'll take it at top wack. so 2,500 MC
2 extra War Horns worth 1k MC ea. so 2,000 MC
2 extra hanging items, can be between 250 and 1000 MC ea, as new so call it 2,000 MC
30 Days extra premium time. worth approx 2500 MC
Titles and badges cant be bought so worthless really.
1 extra Mech bay, worth 300 MC

So, total it up.
approx 18,070MC to buy all that if you did it separately. As you can't by $20 worth of MC, the nearest is $30 for 6500.
So that $20 gets you approx 4340 MC roughly.

You can't buy a hero/champion/special class assault mech for that amount of MC

And of course this doesnt include the C bills and everything else you get if you pre-order.

Its not a trap by a long shot.

Its just a case of do you want to spend a little and get a lot of digital content.

Simple as.

#56 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 26 February 2016 - 10:07 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 26 February 2016 - 09:47 AM, said:

SO much this. and for packs too. Its so annoying when the bonus C-Bill variant is obviously crap compared to the others. like the Enforcer and Grasshopper ® variants are strictly the worst ones.

If i could choose which one i wanted with a 'token' type thing, that would allow for people with different tastes to choose which they prefer. I know if i had the choice the one getting the cbill bonus would be the KDK-3, hands down.

Can be hard calling which is"best", though, In fairness. When I begged Russ into changing the Zeus to the 6S, ballistic still was a big part of the meta. By the time it came out, meta was full bore laser vomit, and Mann did whine because it wasn't the meta model. Now, ballistics are getting mixed with the meta again......

See the issue?

#57 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 26 February 2016 - 10:19 AM

Well I personally love that reskinned concept art, and the more cockpit items the better. 40$ for me + the hero.

#58 Piney II

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 10:28 AM

I'm not ashamed to admit that I have fun in this game and I spend money on this game. I went with the $40 Kodiak pack.

#59 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 26 February 2016 - 10:38 AM

Simple way to avoid traps (and wild back-and-forth quirkening as well as a dead-in-the-water gamemode once called CW): Don't pay real money until PGI delivers.

#60 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,913 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 26 February 2016 - 10:43 AM

View PostDjPush, on 04 February 2016 - 02:03 PM, said:

DOOOOOONNNNNNTTTTT CCCAAAAAARRRREEEEEE...

I just gave them $100 for the Hero Spirit Bear and Collectors pack plus some MC purchaces for a Hero mech and some paint skinz...

Love this game. I am more than happy to support it's developement or just sustaining operation. Peoeple make a big deal about the cost of things. However, nobody is forcing you to buy them.

So why the thread complaining about the price?

What DJ said. Really is that simple. Don't want it, don't buy it.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users