Posted 05 February 2016 - 09:28 PM

If it does actually happen:

Posted Image

#3 Mothermoy

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 62 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 09:31 PM

if they do this big clans will be forced to nubfarm each other....oh teh wailing and gnashing of teeth

#4 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 10:01 PM

Well there's also the very real possibility that PGI won't implement anything to block sync dropping and the mid-lower skill players of big units will just drop tags and farm you anyhow.

Then there's perpetual troll units like NKVA that would take their entire unit into your solo land.

#5 Wild Pegasus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 145 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 01:16 AM

View Postsycocys, on 05 February 2016 - 10:01 PM, said:

Well there's also the very real possibility that PGI won't implement anything to block sync dropping and the mid-lower skill players of big units will just drop tags and farm you anyhow.

Then there's perpetual troll units like NKVA that would take their entire unit into your solo land.

There's also nothing stopping solo players from giving themselves a vanity unit tag and dropping in the group queue, as far as I can tell. Which I imagine more than a few will do to escape to greener pastures.

#6 Zolaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 06 February 2016 - 03:04 AM

Im sure a solo queue will solve all of your CW problems. Posted Image

#7 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 06 February 2016 - 03:16 AM

It will be solo cue for only those not in a unit. Those in a unit will still drop in the 'group' cue even if they drop solo in CW. Or that is my understanding. It is part of CW Phase 3 which is possibly April. What this also means that if you drop solo you have no chance of getting any of the MC that come with ownership of a planet. From the understanding of the MC though it will be a low amount. So the objective will to be to have a lot of planets, but even then I think PGI plans to limit the max number of planets a unit can have at any given moment (I think some one said 10 planets). So what that does is if you are in a big unit and you max out your 10 planet limit for example. There will still be only a limit of MC to go around which means those in a unit with probably more than 100 will still not see much MC go their way. The MC from what I understand is dispersed by your unit leader as well.

A unit of 40 like KCOM will do well and everyone will probably get some MC on a regular bases, but those in a unit like MS your unit leader will most likely only disperse to those who do something. Example of that would be maybe an event in the unit like a battle royale and winner gets some MC, or those who participate in gaining the planet get the MC and have to log in and post their matches (turns a game more into a job with having to regularly play and produce to get MC).

A lot of what I have writen though is based off of tid bits from Russ' last town hall.

There are also many other features also to go with the Phase 3 CW like loyalist benefits, mercenary benefits, and then lone wolf benefits. Or rolls.

#8 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 03:21 AM

What will it do?

It will mean the average caliber of drops in the unit queue will go up.

It means units, especially bigger units, will have to consider and ensure that whatever faction they're flipping to has other big units to fight or the flat out won't get drops.

It means the tagless queue will end up as the absolute cesspit in which everyone who has no interest in teamwork or communication will gravitate which will, in turn, draw those who get a kick out of trolling them.

It means the solo CW queue will be like quickplay with no matchmaker at all and, as such, will serve as a stark and brutal reminder to people just how much protection the matchmaker gives them in quickplay.

I'm looking forward to it.

#9 Bobzilla

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,003 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 06 February 2016 - 06:50 AM

It's a great way to separate 2 types of players that don't mesh well, or give the option, without excluding a large portion of content.

In theory anyway.

#10 M4LX WMD

• Pip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:36 AM

Alot of misconceptions about this topic.

Here is a quick 20 min summary of the town hall with PGI Russ Bullock:

#11 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:39 AM

View Postsycocys, on 05 February 2016 - 10:01 PM, said:

This is the most likely outcome

#12 Tier 1 Smurf

• PipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:57 AM

Well I don't know if it is quite a "get your alt accounts a decent drop deck" situation yet. It all depends if the solo queue can affect planets. If they are just playing the game mode and has no effect on planets there isn't any need for organised farming of the solo queue en masse. It will just be alts not in a unit like this account and noob farmers

#13 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 06 February 2016 - 10:10 AM

View PostTier 1 Smurf, on 06 February 2016 - 09:57 AM, said:

Well I don't know if it is quite a "get your alt accounts a decent drop deck" situation yet. It all depends if the solo queue can affect planets. If they are just playing the game mode and has no effect on planets there isn't any need for organised farming of the solo queue en masse. It will just be alts not in a unit like this account and noob farmers

You seem to be missing the point honestly.

When it comes to the players doing this kind of thing in the first place, they could care less about planets. They're their simply to create chaos in the queue. That IS their idea of fun in the game. All it did was just paint a bullseye on a queue to make it easier to do it.

#14 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 06 February 2016 - 10:29 AM

https://www.reddit.c..._summary_recap/

Go here and read about the last town hall.

#15 Wild Pegasus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 145 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:03 AM

View PostSandpit, on 06 February 2016 - 10:10 AM, said:

You seem to be missing the point honestly.

When it comes to the players doing this kind of thing in the first place, they could care less about planets. They're their simply to create chaos in the queue. That IS their idea of fun in the game. All it did was just paint a bullseye on a queue to make it easier to do it.

This is probably the main reason why they're bouncing the idea of unit recruitment costs around, as a "troll tax" to discourage taking your unit tag off and syncdropping en masse to pick on new players. It won't stop really determined groups but more serious ones won't want to waste the C-Bills on constantly bringing back guys who went out seal clubbing for the afternoon.

If anything, getting into the group queue as a solo will be far easier since the only real barrier to entry is clicking the create unit button and figuring out a letter combination that hasn't been taken already.

#16 adamts01

• Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:14 AM

View PostSami Starvixen, on 06 February 2016 - 11:03 AM, said:

This is probably the main reason why they're bouncing the idea of unit recruitment costs around, as a "troll tax" to discourage taking your unit tag off and syncdropping en masse to pick on new players.
But it doesn't address alt accounts. That's where the seal clubbing will take place. Overall though, I think it'll be a good move getting yolo players out of CW.

#17 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:18 AM

View PostBobzilla, on 06 February 2016 - 06:50 AM, said:

It's a great way to separate 2 types of players that don't mesh well, or give the option, without excluding a large portion of content.

In theory anyway.

Except a solo queue in CW defeats the whole point of CW. It's one of the most stupid ideas implemented just to placate the whiniest of my fellow solo players.

#18 Wild Pegasus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 145 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:22 AM

View Postadamts01, on 06 February 2016 - 11:14 AM, said:

But it doesn't address alt accounts. That's where the seal clubbing will take place. Overall though, I think it'll be a good move getting yolo players out of CW.

Yeah, I never said it was perfect, there will always be some way to get around any kind of anti-trolling measures. But at the same time not everyone is going to want to spend the effort of making an alt and grinding up a full dropdeck just for the purpose of kicking around some tagless scrublords once in a while.

#19 Aiden Skye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • 1,364 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:22 AM

Not sure if this is the best solution. Queue times would be longer. System seems easy to game by just dropping your tag and sync dropping. Heck I'm not playing with a tag right now because I wanted to grind out wolf levels....but I'm still in a unit. What if I create a 1 man unit just for the tag? Is that a way out of it?

#20 Wild Pegasus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 145 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:30 AM

View PostW A R K H A N, on 06 February 2016 - 11:22 AM, said:

Not sure if this is the best solution. Queue times would be longer. System seems easy to game by just dropping your tag and sync dropping. Heck I'm not playing with a tag right now because I wanted to grind out wolf levels....but I'm still in a unit. What if I create a 1 man unit just for the tag? Is that a way out of it?

Yes, if you create a a unit tag you'll drop in the group queue, even if you're the only one in that unit. That why I imagine there'll still be plenty of seat fillers in group queue, as the more competent solos decide to tag up and escape the sandbox.

In fact, I think Russ even specifically said to do that on Twitter, if you're someone who drops with multiple units. Make your own unit tag and have them invite you into a group.

Edited by Sami Starvixen, 06 February 2016 - 11:30 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users