New Map Metropolitan Ruins

197 replies to this topic

Poll: Next map like Metropolitan Ruins? (355 member(s) have cast votes)

Should MWO's next map be like Metropolitan Ruins?

1. Yes (340 votes [95.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 95.77%

2. No (15 votes [4.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.23%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 22 February 2016 - 10:38 AM

View Postscgt1, on 22 February 2016 - 10:31 AM, said:

Nice to see the vote being overwhelmingly positive for this.

You came up with a GOOD idea. Now I just wish the vote was "100% Yes". :mellow:

~D. V. "Dang all those 'No' votes!" Devnull

#42 scgt1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 291 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArlington, TX

Posted 22 February 2016 - 10:45 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 22 February 2016 - 10:38 AM, said:

You came up with a GOOD idea. Now I just wish the vote was "100% Yes". Posted Image

~D. V. "Dang all those 'No' votes!" Devnull

PFFT Those whopping 4 votes are from the newbs that can't pilot a mech or have no skillset. Those votes came from the pilots that are first to the center at Mordor. First to start the Nascar around Caustic etc. Those are the pilots that have become brain dead to do the same over and over again. They have a difficulty with change.

#43 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 February 2016 - 05:54 PM

It's a good idea, I made a thread in gen disc about this idea with a link, so yeah. Every sane player wants this map.

#44 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 22 February 2016 - 11:43 PM

+1

A city map has always been the most popular. Ruins is actually a good idea. One of each would be even better. :)

#45 Christopher Hamilton

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 159 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII, Steiner Sector

Posted 24 February 2016 - 02:08 AM

the urbie driver uUnion voted 100% sSupport for this map.

this means URBAN WARFARE !

#46 SirNotlag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 335 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 09:32 AM

I really like this idea for 2 reasons,
1) I imagine it would be different from river city due to the lack of a citadel that everyone congregates at, and there wouldn't be that big open expanse of the river that is risky to cross.

2) narrow streets make it impossible to effectively death ball so team would be forced to spread out simply so they could manoeuvre and have lines of fire.

I can imagine the map could also be designed to still accommodate most weapon types by having a large blown out complex that is very tall and built so that mech with jump jets can climb into it and use their long range weapons, by having an angle downward that lets them see over some of the cover people use.
Or slum part of the map where the buildings are only 3 stories tall so most mechs can still hide behind them but they don't cover very well against LRMs.

#47 Shiloh Bane

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 29 posts
  • LocationLouisville,Ky

Posted 24 February 2016 - 09:45 AM

Actually Subways would be a nice addition to an Ultra-Urban map. Only light mechs would be able to access them and they could pop out and ambush someone from the entrances/exits, and then retreat underground again.

Yes, someone could hide down there and let the timer run out, but is any different form the spider driver who is the last guy left that finds a hidey spot and powers down to save his KDR?

Or, put in a feature that periodically floods the tunnels, driving those light varmints...err mechs out of the tunnels.

Or make the entrance/exit points destructible, so access could be blocked off by a quick acting team.

As someone who has been here long enough to remember and participated in tunnel runs on Frozen City way back when, it would be very entertaining to take my Commando on a Commando Raid through the empty subway.

#48 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 February 2016 - 04:39 PM

It's probably too much but imagine if you could knock over certain buildings causing DMG to mechs that get hit?

#49 CaptainNapalm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 25 February 2016 - 11:17 AM

Ah destructible buildings. That would be too good to be true.

#50 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 25 February 2016 - 12:07 PM

I would love to see a building in which part of it was hallowed out and we could shoot from certain points in the sides of the walls. A bunker intended for Mechs.

#51 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 25 February 2016 - 12:22 PM

Yes please! A brawlers dream. I would love to go hide and seek in close quarters. Also getting a pretty good adrenaline rush when in a light, hiding from an heavy/ assault/ light hunter. Thrill of the concrete and steel hunt Posted Image

#52 POOTYTANGASAUR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 595 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 25 February 2016 - 12:27 PM

I'd like a map similar to the city from the MW5 trailer lol. Not necessarily in ruin but it's bout to be hahaha. When I get done trouncing some clan mechs with the old uac5 mauler, the city may be a little worse for wear lol.

#53 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 25 February 2016 - 01:32 PM

First, those of you who hate those of us who drive LRM boats, you're likely never going to have a map where they will be left out 100%. Second, designing a city map like this, with high rises, leaning buildings, etc., will only give LRM boat drivers training to overcome. We are here to stay; go ahead and design your city. I'm ALL for it.

#54 Brandarr Gunnarson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 847 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 04:19 PM

I want this map. Please!

#55 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 February 2016 - 09:02 PM

View PostKay Wolf, on 25 February 2016 - 01:32 PM, said:

First, those of you who hate those of us who drive LRM boats, you're likely never going to have a map where they will be left out 100%. Second, designing a city map like this, with high rises, leaning buildings, etc., will only give LRM boat drivers training to overcome. We are here to stay; go ahead and design your city. I'm ALL for it.

Meh, I don't have an issue with lrms. I just want a totally new and different map.

#56 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 25 February 2016 - 09:37 PM

I definitely do NOT disagree with that. We need as many maps in different environments and variations as possible.

#57 BD RAIDR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 133 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 05:04 PM

Another yes vote here. I've been craving an urban sprawl brawl map since I started playing.

Really hope PGI spots this thread.

#58 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 29 February 2016 - 04:36 PM

I've uploaded a couple of images of my idea. In this first image you can see the basic outline of the interior of the lower floor, including access and firing ports. The second image is of the building itself.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Kalimaster, 29 February 2016 - 04:38 PM.

#59 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 February 2016 - 11:22 PM

View PostKalimaster, on 29 February 2016 - 04:36 PM, said:

I've uploaded a couple of images of my idea. In this first image you can see the basic outline of the interior of the lower floor, including access and firing ports. The second image is of the building itself.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ohhh how awesome would a sports stadium be to fight in? Having buildings like this would be sweet.

#60 BloodAngel2016

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 03:44 PM

LRMs could shoot down boulevards (wider roads to allow for missile travel) and play some pretty serious defense. the normal streets could cross just like blocks allowing for some long site lines but also some surprises. i'm totally in on this map. ESM would be great on the map but you would have a hard time sharing it because multiple mechs together would cause movement and sight line issues. just take a map of NYC and make it 3D.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users