84 replies to this topic

#1 SkaerKrow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 258 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 17 February 2016 - 09:27 PM

I know that at least a few people are looking forward to the eventual introduction of Clan Nova Cat into MechWarrior Online. While I was flipping through my Battletech Technical Readouts the other day, I noticed something under the entry for the Kodiak.

Paraphrasing from Technical Readout 3058 (Revised)...

Star Captain Caiden of Clan Nova Cat fought during the Dominion-Combine War. During the Nova Cat counter-offensive, he lost his personal mech, the Spirit Cat (which was a Vulture), on Marawi against the Ghost Bear's Seventeenth PGC. However, he captured the only known Kodiak fielded by Clan Nova Cat. Now a Star Captain, he and his "Spirit Bear" are eager to get a chance to strike once more at Clan Ghost Bear.

So, the Kodiak Hero Mech is actually a Nova Cat mech (the first specific bit of Nova Cat presence in the game, as far as I know). Just a lore thing, but I thought that it might be a neat bit for any Nova Cat fans out there.

#2 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 17 February 2016 - 09:53 PM

Huh, i did NOT think that the Hero Kodiak was based on a Canon Source.

Thought it's one of the made-up mechs by PGI.
I still don't care for it, because it's a filthy clan mech.

#3 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 17 February 2016 - 10:25 PM

Well....since Imperious got Russ to admit it, no time line...we could get the Nova Cat soon as well as others...Even 4 variants total for it.

#4 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 17 February 2016 - 10:28 PM

View PostCK16, on 17 February 2016 - 10:25 PM, said:

Well....since Imperious got Russ to admit it, no time line...we could get the Nova Cat soon as well as others...Even 4 variants total for it.

Where exactly did Imperous get Russ to admit it? Source please? I'm hoping you aren't spreading that same half-truth that Last Khan and I got Russ to clarify and disprove.

#5 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIn Dropship DogeCafe

Posted 17 February 2016 - 10:31 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 17 February 2016 - 10:28 PM, said:

Where exactly did Imperous get Russ to admit it? Source please? I'm hoping you aren't spreading that same half-truth that Last Khan and I got Russ to clarify and disprove.

Pretty much this. plz sauce. I can post the tweet of what russ said if you like.

#6 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 10:33 PM

DOA.

It'll be WAAY to big, I just know it.
Super low arms because that's how we roll
The shoulder mounts likely to be low and most it weapons are in the arms anyway

Still bought it. I'm a sucker for $20

#7 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 17 February 2016 - 10:34 PM

View PostSkaerKrow, on 17 February 2016 - 09:27 PM, said:

I know that at least a few people are looking forward to the eventual introduction of Clan Nova Cat into MechWarrior Online. While I was flipping through my Battletech Technical Readouts the other day, I noticed something under the entry for the Kodiak.

Paraphrasing from Technical Readout 3058 (Revised)...

Star Captain Caiden of Clan Nova Cat fought during the Dominion-Combine War. During the Nova Cat counter-offensive, he lost his personal mech, the Spirit Cat (which was a Vulture), on Marawi against the Ghost Bear's Seventeenth PGC. However, he captured the only known Kodiak fielded by Clan Nova Cat. Now a Star Captain, he and his "Spirit Bear" are eager to get a chance to strike once more at Clan Ghost Bear.

So, the Kodiak Hero Mech is actually a Nova Cat mech (the first specific bit of Nova Cat presence in the game, as far as I know). Just a lore thing, but I thought that it might be a neat bit for any Nova Cat fans out there.

Interesting!

Though, it should be noted that the Combine-Ghost Bear War referenced in the passage occurred from 3062 to 3066, and TRO 3058 Upgrade (there is no TRO 3058 Revised) is written from the viewpoint of 3070.

#8 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 17 February 2016 - 10:37 PM

View PostLastKhan, on 17 February 2016 - 10:31 PM, said:

Pretty much this. plz sauce. I can post the tweet of what russ said if you like.

Please do before the Trump-lite misinformation campaign hers rolling. I would but in dealing with a family emergency, and on a different country from my computer ATM. It's a pain to link hunt on a phone

View PostXetelian, on 17 February 2016 - 10:33 PM, said:

DOA.

It'll be WAAY to big, I just know it.
Super low arms because that's how we roll
The shoulder mounts likely to be low and most it weapons are in the arms anyway

Still bought it. I'm a sucker for $20

You and me both. MASC on that beast? Just couldn't say no.

#9 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 17 February 2016 - 10:44 PM

Additionally, it should be noted that "spirit bear" is a well-known nickname for the Kermode bear, a subspecies of the black bear native to the central and northern coastal regions of British Columbia (e.g. where PGI is located) that is notable for having white or cream-colored fur (that is, it would resemble a (small) Ghost Bear).

In fact, the spirit bear was adopted as the provincial mammal of British Columbia in April 2006, making it a totem animal (of sorts) of PGI's home (and thus, in a way, of PGI itself as well).

Edited by Strum Wealh, 18 February 2016 - 10:24 AM.

#10 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 17 February 2016 - 11:18 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 17 February 2016 - 10:28 PM, said:

Well...this is just what I have seen on one side.
Posted Image
I mean I am open to hear it. As far I have known, there is talk about such mechs. I mean we all know a certain person has advocated for the Madcat Mk.II very hard (that yes I want it quite badly, but if you don't like it fine but please don't say nope just to spite the fact that some one want it here.) But what did Russ say to disprove it? I mean yes we all know that some are really pissy about screwing with the timeline (to me you guys are just boring ole Inner sphere fanboys Posted Image). But I am not as just single mech minded as another. I want it badly YES but I want it done right, meaning Hey we need other mechs to go with it. Kinda like how Clan wave 1 was I feel.

I am more trying to get it so IF they add the Madcat Mk.II they do it right and have other mechs lined up to complement it and prevent a massive OMG why not mech X from that era (insert Bushwack, Uziel, Thanatos, Blood Asp*, Sunder, ect ect ect.). Thus why I could see the Nova cat being part of the next Omni Wave 4 IF they announce the Madcat Mk.II soontm

So before you go on a counter crusade, realize I may want the same end objective as Imperious, however my means of getting there a bit..different and I am open to debate. Yes the Madcat Mk.II is my favorite mech, I would be very sad to see it never come to the game, specially just cause a group just wants to dongblock it for the sake of pissing off Imperious about it. Contrary to what you might feel cause of his...large presence there are many who want this mech in the game, I have since day 1 of joining.

Edited by CK16, 17 February 2016 - 11:59 PM.

#11 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 11:45 PM

View PostCK16, on 17 February 2016 - 11:18 PM, said:

I mean I am open to hear it. As far I have known, there is talk about such mechs. I mean we all know a certain person has advocated for the Madcat Mk.II very hard (that yes I want it quite badly, but if you don't like it fine but please don't say nope just to spite the fact that some one want it here.) But what did Russ say to disprove it? I mean yes we all know that some are really pissy about screwing with the timeline (to me you guys are just boring ole Inner sphere fanboys Posted Image). But I am not as just single mech minded as another. I want it badly YES but I want it done right, meaning Hey we need other mechs to go with it. Kinda like how Clan wave 1 was I feel.

I am more trying to get it so IF they add the Madcat Mk.II they do it right and have other mechs lined up to complement it and prevent a massive OMG why not mech X from that era (insert Bushwack, Uziel, Thanatos, Blood Asp*, Sunder, ect ect ect.). Thus why I could see the Nova cat being part of the next Omni Wave 4 IF they announce the Madcat Mk.II soontm

So before you go on a counter crusade, realize I may want the same end objective as Imperious, however my means of getting there a bit..different and I am open to debate. Yes the Madcat Mk.II is my favorite mech, I would be very sad to see it never come to the game, specially just cause a group just wants to c0ckblock it for the sake of pissing off Imperious about it. Contrary to what you might feel cause of his...large presence there are many who want this mech in the game, I have since day 1 of joining.

I went after that and asked russ if he could specifically say what he meant by that besides being all vague about it as shown here and that post you posted was towards him wanting people to tweet a clan mech to him.

Posted Image

Also on another note, no im not a "IS fanboi" nither is Pariah nor we just out to deny ( dongblock) anyone's favorite robit Gundam toy. I wanted to just get the facts straight regardless of Imperius's mad rantings.

Now after that he got more specific on the next set of tweets but to the whole "no timeline" thing is just flat out incorrrect.

So, heres the thing he did say if it "uses the current tech" then yes, a mech like the Nova Cat is negotiable since most of its versions uses all current tech in game (3053). Bushwhacker is up too since it is 3053 timeline currently. There was a marginal demand for the MK2 and who knows maybe it'll show its fat nosed face but, In my own opinion i would rather have the ones that are in current timeline to go into play first. Can someone say Night Gyr ftw?

Edited by LastKhan, 17 February 2016 - 11:46 PM.

#12 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 17 February 2016 - 11:57 PM

View PostLastKhan, on 17 February 2016 - 11:45 PM, said:

So, heres the thing he did say if it "uses the current tech" then yes, a mech like the Nova Cat is negotiable since most of its versions uses all current tech in game (3053). Bushwhacker is up too since it is 3053 timeline currently. There was a marginal demand for the MK2 and who knows maybe it'll show its fat nosed face but, In my own opinion i would rather have the ones that are in current timeline to go into play first. Can someone say Night Gyr ftw?

1. Sorry getting a tad salty and the "dongblock" comment by me I felt a little, eh there are some who want to see well I covered it all lol, just to upset Imperious. I was just well stuff like that gets under my skin regardless if I wanted the mech or not, its immature of people to act like that. I prefer civil forums:)

2. The Night Gyr could and would work very well, but isnt the Nova Cat an improvement off this Chassis? As I agree there should be a few designs added but keep it to popular ones, At the current rate of mech's and how many there are left we litterly could wait the 15 years (when it would be 3067 in game) and still not have them all. At some point I feel say 2nd half of 2017 or early 2018 they have the plans for a bunch of Mechs in the 3055 to 3065 range with in the tech limit at first (insert all the popular choices above ect.)

I see it more like OK so we are not 1 year ratio it wouldn't be healthy if they did this forever, I see it as stepping stones so next step's after a few more of current time lines would be 1st gen IS Omni's and the early post Revival Designs of the clans. Why I said time frame of about 3055 to 3065 (started a topic on it here if want to fill it out)

I am sorry once again if came off hostile a bit and hot headed, I just don' like bullies, not that Imperious is perfect but spite certain mechs just for the sake of pissing off others is well yea childish and I get a little salty around stuff like that (and yes I know its the internet, but IMO in my book not an excused to act like a 15 jack *** lol)

Edited by CK16, 18 February 2016 - 12:01 AM.

#13 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,234 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 12:00 AM

I know that at least a few people are looking forward to the eventual introduction of Clan Nova Cat into MechWarrior Online.

Sorry, but that's not correct.

There have been some Nova Cat 'Mechs in MWO already:
  • The Shadow Cat and the Hankyu (already in the game, shared between the Nova Cats and the Smoke Jaguars).
  • The Jenner IIC
Other Nova Cat 'Mechs that could be - in the future perhaps - added to MWO are the Nobori-nin, the Supernova, the Griffin IIC and IIC 2, and the Shadow Hawk IIC. They had the Rifleman IIC too.

The Nova Cats will have some interesting 'Mechs in the far future, such as the Wendigo, the Sphinx, the Ocelot or the Cave Lion.

#14 Paigan

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 12:09 AM

[...]
Star Captain Caiden of Clan Nova Cat fought during the Dominion-Combine War. During the Nova Cat counter-offensive, he
[...]

Reading that loud in my mind made me lol.

And do clanners really have "personal" Mechs? Sound a little contradictory to me, but it's a long time since I read anything from BT...

Oh, uhm, on topic:
Yeah, yeah, Kodiak. Nice.
Nova Kitteys, still a funny name for a clan :D

#15 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 12:09 AM

View PostCK16, on 17 February 2016 - 11:57 PM, said:

1. Sorry getting a tad salty and the "dongblock" comment by me I felt a little, eh there are some who want to see well I covered it all lol, just to upset Imperious. I was just well stuff like that gets under my skin regardless if I wanted the mech or not, its immature of people to act like that. I prefer civil forums:)

Thats fine it happens now and again. I dont want to be "the bully" but i just hate the vagueness of that entire tweet that spurred so much garbage and corrections should be made.

2. The Night Gyr could and would work very well, but isnt the Nova Cat an improvement off this Chassis? As I agree there should be a few designs added but keep it to popular ones, At the current rate of mech's and how many there are left we litterly could wait the 15 years (when it would be 3067 in game) and still not have them all. At some point I feel say 2nd half of 2017 or early 2018 they have the plans for a bunch of Mechs in the 3055 to 3065 range with in the tech limit at first (insert all the popular choices above ect.)

I see it more like OK so we are not 1 year ratio it wouldn't be healthy if they did this forever, I see it as stepping stones so next step's after a few more of current time lines would be 1st gen IS Omni's and the early post Revival Designs of the clans. Why I said time frame of about 3055 to 3065 (started a topic on it here if want to fill it out)

Yea it was, but im speaking of being still within the Timeline like i said previous post. They didnt ever say they were going to wait an actial how ever so many years they can time jump to where they want to be.

I am sorry once again if came off hostile a bit and hot headed, I just don' like bullies, not that Imperious is perfect but spite certain mechs just for the sake of pissing off others is well yea childish and I get a little salty around stuff like that (and yes I know its the internet, but IMO in my book not an excused to act like a 15 jack *** lol)

Understood, But yeah there are those out there that want to just wizz in everyone's cheerios but not I or Pariah, and Bishop (cant speak for them) I just want to get things more clear. Also being a sarcastic jackarse is what i do best.

Edited by LastKhan, 18 February 2016 - 09:05 AM.

#16 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 18 February 2016 - 12:10 AM

Kodaik 3 variant is 3068 and you guys literally bugged the crap out of him till he gave you a number that you asked for so you would quit bothering him, obviously that is the case with the Kodiak 3 variant being released proving timeline means nothing.

I'm not going to just sit idle when plain lies are being said.

The question got asked in the first place because I was discussing the MK II with him. I blocked and will continue to block those who jump my conversations and try to push their own agenda over mine. I gave warning to a few before I said screw it and blocked them.

#17 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 18 February 2016 - 12:15 AM

View PostLastKhan, on 18 February 2016 - 12:09 AM, said:

Understood, But yeah there are those out there that want to just piss in everyone's cheerios but not I or Pariah, and Bishop (cant speak for them) I just want to get things more clear. Also being a sarcastic jackarse is what i do best.

Well there is a distinct difference between teh two lol, one does it as funny hehe haha and mean little harm, the other is a school yard bully who does it to hurt other's to make him self "top dog" ect.

BTW: The IS fanboy comment was a joke I mean ti cause you see a lot of them hating the idea of moving forward (some get all made that WE clans simply exist lol! That they just want to live in the TRO3025 world is all they want. and to me that era is boring since I started in MW4 that is where like others found their favorites in the first taste of Battletech or Mechwarrior will result in probably their favorite mechs and time frame. IE. If you started in MW3 you would like that era or MW2 ect.

#18 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 12:19 AM

View PostImperius, on 18 February 2016 - 12:10 AM, said:

you guys literally bugged the crap out of him till he gave you a number that you asked for so you would quit bothering him, obviously that is the case with the Kodiak 3 variant being released proving timeline means nothing.

Hai dare. You are still incorrect. plz read above. Kodiak 3 uses "current tech" and is a variant of a mech well within the times. Again No, i did not you liar, I only tweeted him those two at him to give me a direct answer.

I'm not going to just sit idle when plain lies are being said.

The question got asked in the first place because I was discussing the MK II with him. I blocked and will continue to block those who jump my conversations and try to push their own agenda over mine. I gave warning to a few before I said screw it and blocked them.

What lies? source plz!

Yea it was a discussion about the MK2 and Russ was just giving all vagueness gobblety derp. Also as to the blocking you do you man is all i have to say lol.

Edited by LastKhan, 18 February 2016 - 09:06 AM.

#19 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 18 February 2016 - 12:22 AM

View PostLastKhan, on 18 February 2016 - 12:19 AM, said:

Hai Noesis 2. You are still incorrect. plz read above. Kodiak 3 uses "current tech" and is a variant of a mech well within the times. Again No, i did not you liar, I only tweeted him those two at him to give me a direct answer.

What lies? source plz!

Yea it was a discussion about the MK2 and Russ was just giving all vagueness gobblety ****. Also as to the blocking you do you man is all i have to say lol.

Totally 3053...

Kodiak 3 This variant created by Clan Snow Raven in the mid-3060s turns the Kodiak into an anti-aircraft platform. Removing all but four of the arm-mounted medium lasers and reducing the number of heat sinks to fourteen freed up room for a pair of LB-X Autocannon/20s, three tons of ammo each, and an advanced targeting computer.[3][9] BV (1.0) = 2,178[10], BV (2.0) = 2,615[11]
Sources:
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Kodiak
http://www.masteruni...s/1807/kodiak-3

Please just accept you are just wrong, you even apologized for "bugging him" yeah... group effort you may have only tweeted one or two times as you claim (idk) but it was a group effort at bugging him.

Edited by Imperius, 18 February 2016 - 12:24 AM.

#20 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,234 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 12:24 AM

View PostPaigan, on 18 February 2016 - 12:09 AM, said:

And do clanners really have "personal" Mechs? Sound a little contradictory to me, but it's a long time since I read anything from BT...

Yes and no.

As long as you are keeping your place in a unit, then we could say that you keep "your" assigned 'Mech.

However, if you fail in some Trial or in some battle, you can lose "your" 'Mech instantly, Your Clan will assign you a new 'Mech - Hunchback IIC for example - so you die "gloriously" in the next battle. Or when you are transfered to some Solahma cluster, you can be almost sure that you will lose your OmniMech.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users