Is This What Everyone Wanted - Clans Superior In Game Again!

306 replies to this topic

#141 Bulletsponge0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,947 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 02:12 PM

View PostEider, on 21 February 2016 - 01:02 PM, said:

Hilarious how you are so delusional. Lets talk about the mechs xl engines.. clan version can zombie IS one pops when a side is hit. Lets talk lasers. More damage and more range than IS counterparts without quirks. And the ones that had said quirks were just a few. So along with more damage we have to talk omnipods, where IS has set hardpoints you can bloat moar lasers on any clan. So thats more advantages clan had along with build variety. It may sound harsh, but clans are truelly easy mode. If one were to get more detailed that would not change.

interesting how you don't mention the higher heat, longer duration of the clan lasers... or the stream fire of clan ACs and LRMs (and higher heat)...

View PostEider, on 21 February 2016 - 02:09 PM, said:

when weapons have more damage/range yes. Its you not the mech, you already have superior weapons you should make them work. And btw my fav atm is my kitfox.. can you say anti lrm? How is it you clan players are so bad you cant make these mechs work? Im sorry they dont fully compensate for your lack of skills.

Its not you, its the mech....sorry your skills can't make IS mechs work

see how easy that argument is?

#142 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIn Dropship DogeCafe

Posted 21 February 2016 - 02:13 PM

meh are you sure you're not confused about "clans being OP" it seems its "CW ran and owned by large merc and faction groups with superior comm skills."

#143 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 21 February 2016 - 02:17 PM

View PostBulletsponge0, on 21 February 2016 - 02:11 PM, said:

interesting how you don't mention the higher heat, longer duration of the clan lasers... or the stream fire of clan ACs and LRMs (and higher heat)...

No surprise there, as a lot of people just flat out chose to ignore the down sides of their equipment...

Yes everything weighs less, does more damage and takes less space, at the same time, it takes longer to do that damage and often at a higher heat cost. "But Metus, they have 2 slot DHS!" I hear you cry, yes they do, that have a lower heat cap than IS DHS, granted faster dissipation. They also often have under or over sized engines, few of them have a perfect engine size for their size, and that can be a major issue for them.

#144 Eider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 541 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 02:19 PM

View PostBulletsponge0, on 21 February 2016 - 02:12 PM, said:

Its not you, its the mech....sorry your skills can't make IS mechs work

see how easy that argument is?

Yawn, higher heat? Maybe because you can boat more lasers wich also results in a higher alpha and lower skill cap. Stream fire actually makes lrms more accurate and as for AC i think the same applies as they have higher velocity and thus at range you dont need to compensate for drop as much. Is that all you got? Seems you need crutches.

#145 Nauht

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 02:20 PM

Bwahaha... love this thread for entertainment value alone.

I'm not pro either side, not with over 100 mechs to choose from and where changing sides is as easy as a clucking a button.

But these types of threads are entertainment gold.

So please, sook more. Popcorn always tastes better with salt.

#146 Chados

• 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 21 February 2016 - 02:20 PM

View PostNightmare1, on 21 February 2016 - 01:59 PM, said:

Agreed.

@OP: That being said, I can't say that Clans are better 'cause...they aren't...

Take it from this IS pilot whose Clan Mechs sit gathering dust amidst his regret that he ever purchased them.

I'll give the Clan sympathizers this: Their stuff does play differently. They aren't lying when they complain about the heat thing. But I still wish we could get their ultra autocannon. I'd love to have a couple Clan uAC10s for a Rifleman build.

#147 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 21 February 2016 - 02:22 PM

View PostChados, on 21 February 2016 - 02:20 PM, said:

I'll give the Clan sympathizers this: Their stuff does play differently. They aren't lying when they complain about the heat thing. But I still wish we could get their ultra autocannon. I'd love to have a couple Clan uAC10s for a Rifleman build.

Me too! I'd love to have UAC/10's just for the sound alone.

#148 Eider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 541 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 02:22 PM

Its also not a real issue, heat and ghost heat applies to both sides so its hardly something new or a unique feature they have to deal with. That is the price you pay for high alphas on both sides. Hell i wish i could fire 6 erppcs without ghost heat on any mech just for luls but thats not going to happen.

I will be blunt again, clans are easy mode so its near impossible to try and say that IS is superior.

Edited by Eider, 21 February 2016 - 02:24 PM.

#149 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 21 February 2016 - 02:25 PM

Yeah, the Clan UACs aren't too bad, although they spread too much damage to be dangerous when not being boated.

Personally, my biggest disappointment was that I was expecting the Clans to really be Clan like. Instead, they're just locked down chassis that are pretty much hot versions of IS Mechs. I won't ever purchase Omnis again because of this; they should be just as customizable as every other Mech in the game.

I also really wish PGI would make the Clans powerful like they're supposed to be, and then figure out how to balance using 10v12, the Rewards system, bargaining, etc. just like in the books. With the current dynamic, there really isn't much difference between the IS and Clans in terms of uniqueness, and new players won't have any idea about the Lore and such.

Essentially, it's just another stompy Mech game at this point. I hate to say that, but it's true.

View PostEider, on 21 February 2016 - 02:22 PM, said:

Its also not a real issue, heat and ghost heat applies to both sides so its hardly something new or a unique feature they have to deal with. That is the price you pay for high alphas on both sides. Hell i wish i could fire 6 erppcs without ghost heat on any mech just for luls but thats not going to happen.

I will be blunt again, clans are easy mode so its near impossible to try and say that IS is superior.

Someone hasn't played much then, lol.

#150 Chados

• 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 21 February 2016 - 02:26 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 21 February 2016 - 02:22 PM, said:

Me too! I'd love to have UAC/10's just for the sound alone.

Yeah! That sound is the coolest thing ever. I love it when you're standing next to some Dire Wolf and he lets rip with those things downrange. That's what a cannon ought to sound like.

#151 Dr Hobo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 530 posts
  • LocationA cardboard box drinkin mah hooch.

Posted 21 February 2016 - 02:29 PM

View PostNightmare1, on 21 February 2016 - 02:25 PM, said:

Yeah, the Clan UACs aren't too bad, although they spread too much damage to be dangerous when not being boated.

Personally, my biggest disappointment was that I was expecting the Clans to really be Clan like. Instead, they're just locked down chassis that are pretty much hot versions of IS Mechs. I won't ever purchase Omnis again because of this; they should be just as customizable as every other Mech in the game.

I also really wish PGI would make the Clans powerful like they're supposed to be, and then figure out how to balance using 10v12, the Rewards system, bargaining, etc. just like in the books. With the current dynamic, there really isn't much difference between the IS and Clans in terms of uniqueness, and new players won't have any idea about the Lore and such.

Essentially, it's just another stompy Mech game at this point. I hate to say that, but it's true.

Someone hasn't played much then, lol.

Well,why not go with mixtech?

I know the timeline doesn't really matter anymore,but I figure if both sides want to,why not allow mixtech too?

I still think that the Clans should get their 10v12 fight. Clan units operated on smaller scales IIRC.

#152 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 02:31 PM

View PostEider, on 21 February 2016 - 02:22 PM, said:

ROTFL!

Maybe in the lower tiers where people will stare at mechs and take full alpha after full alpha to the CT, get a bit higher and it starts to balance out a fair bit.

#153 Gyrok

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5,879 posts
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 21 February 2016 - 02:34 PM

View PostEider, on 21 February 2016 - 01:48 PM, said:

Those quirks no longer exist bud and you can use target comp to get another 10% range, but i guess all this was way beyond you? And again this doesnt address the other issues. Figures a clan player just wants easy mode and only has tunnel vision eh? Super structure quirks? Hmmm still not same as clan xl or the fact that you can boat more lasers to have higher alphas etc. Hilarious how you forget your own mechs advantages. How about we try for actual balance instead of just crying clans should have it all?

Dont worry im sure they missed a few mechs in their blanket nerfs so you guys can cry about those next. Not sure how used they are.

2 CERLLs + TC7 = 9 slots and 15 tons + 1 module slot

2 IS ERLLs + quirks = 4 slots 10 tons + 1 module slot

#154 Gyrok

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5,879 posts
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 21 February 2016 - 02:38 PM

Can we get single projectile ACs? You can have all the bullet hoses in the world if I can have a ballistic not named Gauss that was single projectile weapon to a single component...

#155 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 21 February 2016 - 02:39 PM

View PostDr Hobo, on 21 February 2016 - 02:29 PM, said:

Well,why not go with mixtech?

I know the timeline doesn't really matter anymore,but I figure if both sides want to,why not allow mixtech too?

I still think that the Clans should get their 10v12 fight. Clan units operated on smaller scales IIRC.

I'd be down for that. Frankly, I don't know why PGI insists on sitting at the current point in the timeline, while trying to forcibly make the Clans and IS balance each other out, which shouldn't really be possible at all given their technology discrepancies, instead of time skipping to when the IS had its own OmniMechs and comparable Tech, as well as mixed Tech. That would solve so many balancing problems.

Instead, PGI insists on doing it the hard way.

#156 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 21 February 2016 - 02:39 PM

View PostGyrok, on 21 February 2016 - 02:34 PM, said:

2 CERLLs + TC7 = 9 slots and 15 tons + 1 module slot

2 IS ERLLs + quirks = 4 slots 10 tons + 1 module slot

Naw, man. Naw. 3 IS ERLLas + Quirks = 6 slots and 15 tons + module slot. Even more damage for the same weight and ghost heat is on their side. -_-

#157 Dirk Le Daring

• 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 February 2016 - 02:43 PM

View PostChados, on 21 February 2016 - 05:53 AM, said:

I can't remember the last time I saw a Banshee in the public queues.

I saw a few yesterday , maybe three, and for the last couple of days spotted about half a dozen or so.

#158 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,947 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 02:47 PM

View PostEider, on 21 February 2016 - 02:19 PM, said:

Yawn, higher heat? Maybe because you can boat more lasers wich also results in a higher alpha and lower skill cap. Stream fire actually makes lrms more accurate and as for AC i think the same applies as they have higher velocity and thus at range you dont need to compensate for drop as much. Is that all you got? Seems you need crutches.

lower heat cap than IS..so that higher alpha can't be fired as often. Stream fire acs...lol... I'll take PPD over stream fire that gets easily spread if all the shells hit any time.

thats just it...the tech is different, but its pretty well balanced right now.

It seems that a lot of players are complaining tht they can't play IS mechs like they are clan mechs. Each tech has strengths and weaknesses, learn to play to the strengths and avoid the weaknesses...but some don't want to do that

#159 Nauht

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 02:49 PM

I'm 99.9% of the time in the solo queue (puglife) and I constantly see wubshees nearly every match.

Even with this saturated heavy queue I stilk see them.

You wanna know which assault I almost never see? The Victor. I see more Awesomes than Victors. Now that's saying something.

#160 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 02:50 PM

I actually like the clan uACs more than the IS ACs myself. To me they are like higher dps srms with faster travel rates.

But I'd also like some heavier IS-like weight/slotted single shot options - or even if they took up +1 slot/ton from IS counterparts. Just for the variety.

25 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 25 guests, 0 anonymous users