#101 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 02 March 2016 - 11:19 PM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 25 February 2016 - 03:46 AM, said:

Kodiak is also quite good value comparatively because every single mech comes with a very expensive 400XL engine.

Leaving the options open! If you want to run 375's, at least you can sell a couple 400's.
If you got the collectors pack, you can also sell the base variant that's duplicated with the Collectors Edition model. Given 400XL's, that's a lot of cbills.

#102 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 04 March 2016 - 05:56 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 02 March 2016 - 11:19 PM, said:

Leaving the options open! If you want to run 375's, at least you can sell a couple 400's.
If you got the collectors pack, you can also sell the base variant that's duplicated with the Collectors Edition model. Given 400XL's, that's a lot of cbills.

Yeah ive ordered the collectors plus hero (so 5 mechs), and ill probably keep only 2 or 3 400XLs, they are pretty niche engines tbh - its only worth it if you really need that 6th heatsink slot, or you just have plenty of tonnage available. That 2 ton premium over the 395 is quite painful.

#103 Luscious Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 07 March 2016 - 01:26 PM

Like the XL315 from Jenner IIC, you can free up a lot of tons by dropping the engine just a couple of sizes. The Kodiak is going to cost some big piles of C-bills to tweak if you want a full set of sub-400XL engines. I don't even want to think about it right now :)

View PostNightshade24, on 02 March 2016 - 11:16 PM, said:

hard for PGI to make it UP realistically. but potentially possible to be OP on release. I mean the meta can take it with 6 er med las, 2 large pulse, 1 gauss...

It has everything any other 100 ton assault mech can want. So to it's contemporary rivals- there isn't a reason this will be bad.

And if the re-scaling happens in the meantime, then it'll likely fit right in and have no glaring hitbox issues. This thing should be pretty effective right out the gate. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it comes sans quirks, like the IIC pack did.

#104 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 07 March 2016 - 02:36 PM

Hey, let's not get all hung-up on our Optimized Ghost Heat Avoidance loadouts, here... You probably won't be able to fire 6 ERML + LPL + Gauss at the same time when Kodiak drops.

#105 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 07 March 2016 - 09:27 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 07 March 2016 - 02:36 PM, said:

Hey, let's not get all hung-up on our Optimized Ghost Heat Avoidance loadouts, here... You probably won't be able to fire 6 ERML + LPL + Gauss at the same time when Kodiak drops.

Hence why my Kodiaks will mostly be stock besides an endo steel and heatsink upgrade with minor ammo adjustments...

But I got no idea what to do for the Kodiak 5...

Edit; I am also tempted buying the pack twice or buying more for C-bills to get more 'serious' builds out but due to nostelgia I really want to have some stock-ish

Edited by Nightshade24, 07 March 2016 - 09:31 PM.

#106 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 06:02 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 07 March 2016 - 02:36 PM, said:

Yes, well.

Depending how PGI make that system work out, its very possible that the only useful Kodiak will be the KDK-3. But from everything Russ says we will have the Teddy bear for a good few months before those changes come in.

View PostNightshade24, on 07 March 2016 - 09:27 PM, said:

Hence why my Kodiaks will mostly be stock besides an endo steel and heatsink upgrade with minor ammo adjustments...

But I got no idea what to do for the Kodiak 5...

Edit; I am also tempted buying the pack twice or buying more for C-bills to get more 'serious' builds out but due to nostelgia I really want to have some stock-ish

Dont run the KDK-3 stock. PLEASE. LBX20s are such trash weapons, its such a waste.

#107 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 09 March 2016 - 11:22 PM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 09 March 2016 - 06:02 AM, said:

Dont run the KDK-3 stock. PLEASE. LBX20s are such trash weapons, its such a waste.

I would as my only other option is dual UAC 20's (that I am interested in, not looking for quad AC builds or Gauss).
With LBX 20's got lower heat, no ghost heat, and it does all of it's damage instantly. Makes it very easy for me to roll my armour when I got returning fire after an alpha strike. Makes it a better brawler than what if I got dual UAC 20's atm as I do not need to fiddle and focus on getting the most out of my UAC 20's over the course of what... 3-4 seconds versus 0.2?
I am debating on switching the lasers, was looking for quad pulse lasers but also having some range interested me so I pictured slapping an ams could help but I do not know in general about the lasers... doing a pair of large lsaers or something would be nice but I do not want to have just a pair of lasers... I'm mainly leaving this up to how it'll end up when I get it.

My fears are mostly on the Kodiak-2 rather than Kodiak-3.

#108 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 02:15 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 09 March 2016 - 11:22 PM, said:

I would as my only other option is dual UAC 20's (that I am interested in, not looking for quad AC builds or Gauss).
With LBX 20's got lower heat, no ghost heat, and it does all of it's damage instantly. Makes it very easy for me to roll my armour when I got returning fire after an alpha strike. Makes it a better brawler than what if I got dual UAC 20's atm as I do not need to fiddle and focus on getting the most out of my UAC 20's over the course of what... 3-4 seconds versus 0.2?
I am debating on switching the lasers, was looking for quad pulse lasers but also having some range interested me so I pictured slapping an ams could help but I do not know in general about the lasers... doing a pair of large lsaers or something would be nice but I do not want to have just a pair of lasers... I'm mainly leaving this up to how it'll end up when I get it.

My fears are mostly on the Kodiak-2 rather than Kodiak-3.

Lol, good to know. My KDK-3 will be running quad UAC builds (5s, 10s or 2 of each), because thats WAY more effective, lol. Tbh im really looking forward to my 100 ton clan tech mauler.

#109 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 10 March 2016 - 03:35 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 10 March 2016 - 02:15 AM, said:

Lol, good to know. My KDK-3 will be running quad UAC builds (5s, 10s or 2 of each), because thats WAY more effective, lol. Tbh im really looking forward to my 100 ton clan tech mauler.

Well way more effective sure is subjective. If dual LBX 20 + 4 ER med las and 2UAC 10 +2 UAC 5 ran into close quarters I can assume who will easily win. It's why I like the KDK-3. All the other kodiaks I got range for my build lineups.

#110 Heavyarms76

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 37 posts
  • LocationExpress Elevator Going Down!

Posted 10 March 2016 - 03:47 AM

I bought the kodiak remembering the days of MW4 with the clan pack how much carnage it would cause. I'm looking forward to piloting this, just waiting for my nova cat tho lol Posted Image

#111 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 07:57 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 10 March 2016 - 03:35 AM, said:

Well way more effective sure is subjective. If dual LBX 20 + 4 ER med las and 2UAC 10 +2 UAC 5 ran into close quarters I can assume who will easily win. It's why I like the KDK-3. All the other kodiaks I got range for my build lineups.

Its really not subjective. Objectively, UACs are vastly better than LBXs. Even 2xUAC20 craps on 2xLBX20, and 2xUAC20 is really not very good due to ghost heat.

#112 The Smoking Man

• PipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 73 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationDa Yoop

Posted 28 March 2016 - 06:13 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 10 March 2016 - 07:57 AM, said:

Its really not subjective. Objectively, UACs are vastly better than LBXs. Even 2xUAC20 craps on 2xLBX20, and 2xUAC20 is really not very good due to ghost heat.

^^ above mentioned line of thinking is why I love my LBX monster. It seems you guys are "all or nothing", why not mix in SOME UAC into an LBX build? best of both worlds and it keeps the damage spreading while lbx is on recharge. My Kodiak will be sporting some LBX love.

#113 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 08:45 AM

If the cockpit is actually the mouth of the bear, the hardpoints look really good. The missile and ballistics look like they're above or at cockpit level. And the laser arms are just below. The CT hardpoint is the lowest one.

It feels like a Hunchback on steroids with a cute bear cap.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users