#21 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 22 February 2016 - 08:24 PM

View PostXavori, on 22 February 2016 - 08:07 PM, said:

Which is cool because it means you can take the KDK-SP hero Kodaik and rip that 400XL engine out that is eating up all your tonnage and replace it with a much more tonnage efficient 100XL engine. Then you can use your missile hardpoints to load up on LRM 20 launchers, and don't bother with artemis as that will also eat up precious tonnage that you'll need for ammo. Next up is strip down the armor to 0, but just temporarily. Throw the minimum number of hit sinks on so the game will let you run your mech, and then fill up every single remaining slot with LRM ammo.

Once that's done, you can put the remaining tonnage back into armor focusing mostly on the rear because I can assure you your teammates are going to hate you and want to shoot you in the back Posted Image

I am totally doing this the minute I can.
missile bear is the mightiest bear!

#22 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 22 February 2016 - 08:25 PM

That $20 well spent. Another $15 will be headed down channel.

#23 Xavori

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 792 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 08:30 PM

View PostBoogie138, on 22 February 2016 - 08:24 PM, said:

I am totally doing this the minute I can.
missile bear is the mightiest bear!

3600+ LRM's ftw!

#24 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 22 February 2016 - 08:38 PM

View PostSandpit, on 22 February 2016 - 08:19 PM, said:

I'll take my armor, firepower, and heat management over an extra 5 kph

Mistakes in this part.

1. The speed difference between equal weight Std and XL engine can be as much as over 11 kph worth of difference for a 100 tonner. That's nearly 20% difference.

2. XL mechs tend to have more firepower and similar heat management over Std mechs (large XL engines have more slots for DHS), while having just as much armor. Sure, once a side torso pops, there will be heat penalty, but half the weapons are gone as well.

Edited by El Bandito, 22 February 2016 - 08:54 PM.

#25 New Breed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 09:17 PM

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#26 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 February 2016 - 09:26 PM

View PostSandpit, on 22 February 2016 - 05:45 PM, said:

Depends on how they scale it. If they scale it with the other 100 ton mechs I'd hate to have to run an XL in it from the looks of it.

Hey what, hang on, its a Clan unkillable XL, not a IS XL you would run on it. I think your confused. No one ever runs standard engines on Clan mechs,.

#27 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 09:32 PM

That Kodiak really is awesome looking.

#28 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 22 February 2016 - 09:43 PM

View PostHit the Deck, on 22 February 2016 - 04:22 PM, said:

Posted Image

Damn, the orthos look awesome! I really really really hope that the 3D model would turn up just like that. #pgiplz

If the Warhammer is a bodybuilding contestant, then the Kodiak is a big *** strongman!

But will it have that saggy disorder swagger like the Atlas?

View PostSandpit, on 22 February 2016 - 05:45 PM, said:

Depends on how they scale it. If they scale it with the other 100 ton mechs I'd hate to have to run an XL in it from the looks of it. It's like an Atlas, Awesome, and KGC had a baby. Hitboxes are going to be a major factor for this one I think

you happen to note where the arms sit? Unless they make those shoulders into ST, it's gonna arm shield it's sides like nobody's business

#29 Elkfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 483 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 09:45 PM

View PostXavori, on 22 February 2016 - 08:07 PM, said:

Which is cool because it means you can take the KDK-SP hero Kodaik and rip that 400XL engine out that is eating up all your tonnage and replace it with a much more tonnage efficient 100XL engine. Then you can use your missile hardpoints to load up on LRM 20 launchers, and don't bother with artemis as that will also eat up precious tonnage that you'll need for ammo. Next up is strip down the armor to 0, but just temporarily. Throw the minimum number of hit sinks on so the game will let you run your mech, and then fill up every single remaining slot with LRM ammo.

Once that's done, you can put the remaining tonnage back into armor focusing mostly on the rear because I can assure you your teammates are going to hate you and want to shoot you in the back Posted Image

Posted Image

#30 Nauht

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 09:45 PM

Dammit! The more I look the more I want it...

... yesterday.

#31 Xavori

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 792 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 10:24 PM

View PostElkfire, on 22 February 2016 - 09:45 PM, said:

Posted Image

Sure. Mock it now. Just remember, the canon Kodiak II had 2x LRM 20s and a LRM 10 stock :P

...and 8x ER SL's

...and an ER PPC

...and was ugly as sin

#32 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 22 February 2016 - 10:31 PM

Can someone make a high quality video of a duel between the Kodiak and the Boar's head? I don't care who wins really but I want to see it. Posted Image

Edited by Johnny Z, 22 February 2016 - 10:31 PM.

#33 speleomaniac

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 193 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 10:31 PM

View PostSandpit, on 22 February 2016 - 08:19 PM, said:

I'll have to disagree here

If you're survival revolves around breaking 60/kph in a 100-ton assault mech because you're "too slow" you're doing it wrong and that's coming from the guy who rarely breaks 55/kph in assault mechs 100 ton or otherwise lol

I'll take my armor, firepower, and heat management over an extra 5 kph Posted Image

I am not so sure about that when I was running my D-DC or Boar's Head before quirked Atlas's my problem being shredded to pieces before coming into melee range of the enemy. Now 90+ km/h assault change something in game rules.

If you are a 55 km/h Dire Wolf/King Crab/Stalker driver that is something other then I will on your face assault driver, I think with MASC Kodiak will be a quite a nice melee-er.

Edited by speleomaniac, 22 February 2016 - 10:31 PM.

#34 Random Carnage

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 946 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 22 February 2016 - 11:51 PM

View PostHit the Deck, on 22 February 2016 - 04:22 PM, said:

Posted Image

Damn, the orthos look awesome! I really really really hope that the 3D model would turn up just like that. #pgiplz

If the Warhammer is a bodybuilding contestant, then the Kodiak is a big *** strongman!

Nah...it's 'armless...

#35 -Vompo-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 532 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 23 February 2016 - 12:18 AM

Cannot wait to take my teddy out for a spin when it is released.

#36 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 23 February 2016 - 12:36 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 22 February 2016 - 09:43 PM, said:

you happen to note where the arms sit? Unless they make those shoulders into ST, it's gonna arm shield it's sides like nobody's business

And they had damn well better not make them into ST. Humanoid mechs have arms they can shield with, it is the way of things, and clans have been waiting a long time for a humanoid assault mech (well, REAL assault mech. Execute is an overweight heavy and Gargles is an overweight medium)

I must say though, those orthos give me a great deal of hope that the KDK-3s 3rd and 4th Ballistic port are going to be above the first two (where those LT shoulder SRMs are and the armour plate things on the RT)

Edited by Widowmaker1981, 23 February 2016 - 12:39 AM.

#37 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 05:32 AM

I'd bet most of the teddybears will runb between 350 and 400XL - speed difference between those are not even 10kph but 11.5tons is nothing to sneeze at. Even a 375XL will bring you 7tons more free weight for not even5kph difference.

#38 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 23 February 2016 - 04:41 PM

I don't even know why you guys are debating whether or not to put a STD or XL engine in it. It's gonna be a clan XL, which means you will need to lose both side torsos to die. If you lose both side torsos with a STD engine even if you've got CT weapons you're gonna have like, 16 damage left in you at best. I'd rather have the extra tonnage and speed than I would the ability to say "Cool. I'm a stick. Now what?"

#39 Intrepid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 265 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 06:08 PM

View PostMole, on 23 February 2016 - 04:41 PM, said:

"Cool. I'm a stick. Now what?"

Liquid Metal

#40 Thunder Child

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,460 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of the rock now.

Posted 23 February 2016 - 06:12 PM

It's looking to be like a Clan Atlas (with Clan being extra Hitty, IS being extra Tanky), but with Weapons mounted above the Crotch, MASC, and Jumpjets. All it needs is an ECM variant.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users