3 replies to this topic

#1 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,785 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 24 February 2016 - 10:23 PM

With the precedent the Kodiak has set, was wondering whether that opened the door for variants of existing mechs with out-of-timeline variants that had no future tech?

There are also a few mechs within timeline that could probably be available as well, like a certain Cataphract that was in the game files when it was released (CTF-3L).

While there are quite a few redundant variants, there were a few interesting variants I felt were worth mentioning.

TDR-7SE - JJs and ECM
AWS-9Q - ECM Awesome, not that it really helps it any, still a classic variant for the thing

These next IS variants are technically within the timeline.
BJ-2 - missile boat BJ, to further solidify the BJ as a great medium
CTF-3L - CTF-1X with MASC essentially
WVR-7M - The medium we should've gotten instead of the worthless 7D, it is a 6K with JJs and MASC essentially.
BNC-5S - Sort of like a mix of all 3 variants, and still better than the LM (8E/1B/1M minimum).
VTR-9A - Dual goose jump sniper, not that it would be good given how fragile the Victor is and the fact the goose are on opposite sides.
Grand Dragon - Honorable mention, not that it would be worth anything.

SMN F/G - F gives us 1B/1E arms and 1E right torso, G only has a heavy small which can be replaced, gives us a 1E CT and 3M side torsos
KFX W - 2E arms with LA/H on both sides, maybe Wub quirks for the almighty Wubfox
SCR-I - Adds nothing, but mentioning it still
HBR-F - 1B/1E arms, 1E right torso
WHK-F - Ballistic in right torso

In Timeline variants
SMN A - Gauss quirks?
KFX A/B - Gauss/UAC quirks?
ADR-C - NARC quirks I guess?
ACH-D - Adds nothing, but mentioning it still
EBJ-D - Extra energy hardpoint for right torso

Not saying more variants really helps some of the issues with this game, just putting this out there, partially because I want the TDR-7SE, AWS-9Q, and SMN-G.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 24 February 2016 - 10:23 PM.

#2 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 10:48 PM

RFL-5M: it's a 3N, but the primary feature is UAC/5, so it would get UAC/5 quirks in exchange for worse energy handling. I feel the 3N as it currently is is better suited to extreme range, with the energy range quirks and extreme velocity quirks on its ballistics. The 5M would be the better mid-range fire-support.

#3 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,785 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 25 February 2016 - 07:37 AM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 24 February 2016 - 10:48 PM, said:

RFL-5M: it's a 3N, but the primary feature is UAC/5, so it would get UAC/5 quirks in exchange for worse energy handling. I feel the 3N as it currently is is better suited to extreme range, with the energy range quirks and extreme velocity quirks on its ballistics. The 5M would be the better mid-range fire-support.

Yeah, a few of the hardpoint redundant variants could be introduced for different quirks, but I feel like that could be done a better way than simply introducing a new variant (though it is how the BKs should've been done).

#4 cazidin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:16 AM

I'd like the Black Knight with ECM. 75 ton laser skirmisher with ECM? Yes, please!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users