111 replies to this topic

#21 Imperius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:49 PM

View Post80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie, on 25 February 2016 - 07:52 PM, said:

Looks good to me.

Let's see what Alex does tomorrow with the concept art of the Mad Cat MK II, nice to see you on the forums ;)

#22 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:51 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

To quote roughly...Written in 3067 Quiaff? "In Production for half a decade" Meaning they were having them roll off the line by the latest 3063...It is becoming a common theroy that the they started selling them to clans around this time while not selling to the Innersphere till 3066....

Deimos has similar story....

I mean EVEN Sarna has 3061 in the opening Paragraph of the mech....

#23 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:54 PM

Yup, if it makes it to the game I'll make one last thread then you likely won't see me here again. If not then my crusade wasn't effective enough and I'll ramp up my game.

#24 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 25 February 2016 - 09:11 PM

View PostKhobai, on 25 February 2016 - 08:22 PM, said:

madcat mk2 is 3066

Which I stated already and already said what year that is in IRL terms- 2030. However Khobai stated:

View PostKhobai, on 25 February 2016 - 06:42 PM, said:

Kindve jumping the gun since theres no evidence the MK2 will ever be in the game.

And hopefully it wont be added ever. Because then people might STFU about it.

Key word:
"no evidence the mk 2 will ever be in the game"
"won't be added ever"
My comment stated 2 things that broke that idea:
1) when it's 2030 (or what I learned above about the earliest being 3061 to 3063 = 2026 to 2027)
10 years from now is within the time period of "ever" aka

Edit: forgot point 2) Bring forth due to new rules in place. As well as for being a good candidate to be added as well as stone rhino and kraken (however kinda hard to balance 14 ballistic hardpoints...)

View PostImperius, on 25 February 2016 - 08:54 PM, said:

Yup, if it makes it to the game I'll make one last thread then you likely won't see me here again. If not then my crusade wasn't effective enough and I'll ramp up my game.

I do not know you to well personally however I would be a tad sad if you leave after this kerfuffle. However seeing your description I think you are rather tired of the forums. I do not really think leaving on 'this' note is the best way to go.

Edited by Nightshade24, 25 February 2016 - 09:28 PM.

#25 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 09:25 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 25 February 2016 - 09:11 PM, said:

Which I stated already and already said what year that is in IRL terms- 2030. However Khobai stated:

Key word:
"no evidence the mk 2 will ever be in the game"
"won't be added ever"
My comment stated 2 things that broke that idea:
1) when it's 2030 (or what I learned above about the earliest being 3061 to 3063 = 2026 to 2027)
10 years from now is within the time period of "ever" aka

I do not know you to well personally however I would be a tad sad if you leave after this kerfuffle. However seeing your description I think you are rather tired of the forums. I do not really think leaving on 'this' note is the best way to go.

Most of what I have wanted to come to MWO is coming. I should choose my words better. I'll be here post here and there, but I won't be as vocal ;) more back to lurking mode, and sharing forum posts to Russ if I think it's good discussion.

I've got quite a few that actually just seem to strait up hate me.

I'm actually quite nice and have been on many MWO community drop twitch streams. You're more than welcome to add me to your friends list.

#26 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 25 February 2016 - 09:35 PM

View PostImperius, on 25 February 2016 - 09:25 PM, said:

Most of what I have wanted to come to MWO is coming. I should choose my words better. I'll be here post here and there, but I won't be as vocal Posted Image more back to lurking mode, and sharing forum posts to Russ if I think it's good discussion.

I've got quite a few that actually just seem to strait up hate me.

I'm actually quite nice and have been on many MWO community drop twitch streams. You're more than welcome to add me to your friends list.

Oh I know the feeling of people straight up hating me. I'm a bit renowned on the WT forums in a negative aspect. However that didn't bring me down there [maybe a little bit..] or how some people here just straight up assume I'm a tier 5 player with bugged stats as I actually consider nearly all mechs viable and also consider LRM's worth it

In fact I already made a theory build of the Mad Cat II primary variant while keeping all the stock weapons... Which the stock layout as is has a lack of ammo and twin LRM 10's is a bit controversial for some to consider viable. Makes people question my PSR.

Anyway, I guess Lurker mode is alright. however I do think you could lend more ideas and aid in more topics after the Mad Cat II has been added... idk, Perhaps Mad Cat II builds thread and tutorial since you are very passionate about it as it may appear.
Or perhaps non suggestion related threads, etc.

I do not know why some people strongly dislike others especially over the internet they barely can see the tip of the iceberg. I could never hate or dislike someone. As only one bad confrontation doesn't set the rest of the relationship/ communications as negative from then on.

Besides you are less extreme about the Mad Cat II than say the fans of the Clans in general, or the Urbanmech movement. etc... I mean you haven't made several pieces of fan art and already proposed your own custom paint job and load out of a hero Mad cat II as well as make videos about it yet xD

#27 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 09:42 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 25 February 2016 - 09:35 PM, said:

Oh I know the feeling of people straight up hating me. I'm a bit renowned on the WT forums in a negative aspect. However that didn't bring me down there [maybe a little bit..] or how some people here just straight up assume I'm a tier 5 player with bugged stats as I actually consider nearly all mechs viable and also consider LRM's worth it

In fact I already made a theory build of the Mad Cat II primary variant while keeping all the stock weapons... Which the stock layout as is has a lack of ammo and twin LRM 10's is a bit controversial for some to consider viable. Makes people question my PSR.

Anyway, I guess Lurker mode is alright. however I do think you could lend more ideas and aid in more topics after the Mad Cat II has been added... idk, Perhaps Mad Cat II builds thread and tutorial since you are very passionate about it as it may appear.
Or perhaps non suggestion related threads, etc.

I do not know why some people strongly dislike others especially over the internet they barely can see the tip of the iceberg. I could never hate or dislike someone. As only one bad confrontation doesn't set the rest of the relationship/ communications as negative from then on.

Besides you are less extreme about the Mad Cat II than say the fans of the Clans in general, or the Urbanmech movement. etc... I mean you haven't made several pieces of fan art and already proposed your own custom paint job and load out of a hero Mad cat II as well as make videos about it yet xD

Though I'm actually good at art I'll leave that up to the professional (Alex).
There are a few more topics I will be pushing after (you'll see ;) )
The last thread will be a paint job, build, and thank you thread using Alex's concept art.

#28 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 25 February 2016 - 09:48 PM

Oh and randomly I just remembered something.

It is HIGHLY unlikely the Mad Cat II will be the next mech as from the previous town hall meeting+ our twitter knowledge. This is how it will go.

4 Classic mechs (Marauder, Warhammer, Rifleman, Archer)
1 random Clan Totem mech Kodiak has appeared!
1 unknown IS mech
Clan Wave IV (4 tier pack).

Problem? well the Clan Waves are set for clan Omnimechs, thus we will get a clan assault OMNImech added next. This means no Mad Cat II as this is a BATTLEmech. However after this pack the next clan assault can be very likely a Mad Cat II or maybe we will see it in a new clan battlemech series pack...

So yea... between now and than, we got 4 clan mechs and 1-4 IS mechs being put into packs before Mad Cat II is available to purchase at the soonest... unless Russ surprised us somehow and added it on the wave IV pack which is highly unlikely as he stated it wouldn't fit really to well on twitter.

#29 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIn Dropship DogeCafe

Posted 25 February 2016 - 10:02 PM

View PostCK16, on 25 February 2016 - 06:16 PM, said:

I was just brain storming a bit today so in a bit of free time I modeled a general concept of how the Mad Cat Mk.II's arms should go when it comes into the game. As there seriously seems to be a lack of weapon housing mechs in the game. Mainly Ballistic weapons that the barrels are usually very exposed. For some this looks good, but for such Mech's like that Mad Cat Mk.II they are suppose to be in the arm, in a housing.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Keep in mind this is concept of how the Systems should mount not very artistically driven but pure geometry and function of the arm's with the hard points.

can we petition the mods not to make anymore mk 2 thread plz?! im kidding. :)

Its a nifty idea i wonder if the modelers can do something like this and for some other mechs.

View PostImperius, on 25 February 2016 - 09:42 PM, said:

Though I'm actually good at art I'll leave that up to the professional (Alex).

Didnt know u were into art. What kind? Also, would like to see some of your arts.

#30 Herr Vorragend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 583 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 February 2016 - 10:11 PM

Another annoying mad cat Mk 2 thread?
This one can be closed, too.
Cu

#31 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 February 2016 - 10:20 PM

View PostKhobai, on 25 February 2016 - 07:06 PM, said:

but there were multiple posts a week about it. there might have been like one post every few months.

What's funny is I made a thread about a completely different mech (the Bane) and you brought the Mad Mk2 into the thread.

#32 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 25 February 2016 - 10:25 PM

View PostTheArisen, on 25 February 2016 - 10:20 PM, said:

What's funny is I made a thread about a completely different mech (the Bane) and you brought the Mad Mk2 into the thread.

I am sorry that I contributed to his derailment over there.

He has a distinct hatred for Mk.II considers it and almost every other mech DOA if it doesn't have 10+ energy hard points...He thinks he knows what is tier 1 L33t in the game...there is a fact he stops responding to me usually after I nail him with straight facts should say either A. he knows nothing about his arguments or B. he stirs the pot and spread false **** which needs more ppl to say the true stuff behind his lies.

#33 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 11:52 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 25 February 2016 - 09:48 PM, said:

Oh and randomly I just remembered something.

It is HIGHLY unlikely the Mad Cat II will be the next mech as from the previous town hall meeting+ our twitter knowledge. This is how it will go.

4 Classic mechs (Marauder, Warhammer, Rifleman, Archer)
1 random Clan Totem mech Kodiak has appeared!
1 unknown IS mech
Clan Wave IV (4 tier pack).

Problem? well the Clan Waves are set for clan Omnimechs, thus we will get a clan assault OMNImech added next. This means no Mad Cat II as this is a BATTLEmech. However after this pack the next clan assault can be very likely a Mad Cat II or maybe we will see it in a new clan battlemech series pack...

So yea... between now and than, we got 4 clan mechs and 1-4 IS mechs being put into packs before Mad Cat II is available to purchase at the soonest... unless Russ surprised us somehow and added it on the wave IV pack which is highly unlikely as he stated it wouldn't fit really to well on twitter.

Guess you missed the part where he name dropped me for the Mad Cat MK II, you read the notes I assume and have not watched the video.

#34 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 26 February 2016 - 01:18 AM

View PostImperius, on 25 February 2016 - 11:52 PM, said:

Guess you missed the part where he name dropped me for the Mad Cat MK II, you read the notes I assume and have not watched the video.

What, there are notes?
I only watched it on youtube as soon as I can as the Town hall isn't on a time I can watch it on live stream so I do not see any chat BUT I did hear Russ talk about the Mad Cat II. BUT my main response on it is the more up to date twitter conversations directly with Russ where he has stated that clan wave IV is the next clan pack and town hall stated that after 4 classics is kodiak and than random IS mech. To be quite honest with you I thought the kodiak was gonna be the mad cat II instead and kodiak will be on some pack much later... really surprised it came this early.

View PostCK16, on 25 February 2016 - 10:25 PM, said:

I am sorry that I contributed to his derailment over there.

He has a distinct hatred for Mk.II considers it and almost every other mech DOA if it doesn't have 10+ energy hard points...He thinks he knows what is tier 1 L33t in the game...there is a fact he stops responding to me usually after I nail him with straight facts should say either A. he knows nothing about his arguments or B. he stirs the pot and spread false **** which needs more ppl to say the true stuff behind his lies.

Wait, is that why he is so anti-Mad Cat II? Well that doesn't speak much for himself (especially since I am pretty sure one of the Mad Cat II's will be a laser vomit with 6+ Energy hardpoints... enough for 2 x large pulse laser above the shoulders and than 6 ER mediums across arms and Side torso assuming they inflate the hardpoints a lil?)
but excluding that I think every mech should have a chance to be added. I feel a bit baffled.

#35 Paigan

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 01:34 AM

View PostCK16, on 25 February 2016 - 06:16 PM, said:

I was just brain storming a bit today so in a bit of free time I modeled a general concept of how the Mad Cat Mk.II's arms should go when it comes into the game. As there seriously seems to be a lack of weapon housing mechs in the game. Mainly Ballistic weapons that the barrels are usually very exposed. FOr some this looks good, but for such Mech's like that Mad Cat Mk.II they are suppose to be in the arm, in a housing.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Keep in mind this is concept of how the Systems should mount not very artistically driven but pure geometry and function of the arm's with the hard points.

Seriously, how can people love that Mech so much?

Look at the image:
The missle racks are oversized, making it look top-heavy and clumsy. Like a TBR satire on some party or so.
The arms are too thick and to close to the torso, creating a "cramped" appearance. Like it's some noob mech that contracts its neck (sorry for bad translation) and runs through enemy fire in panic.
And no idea what that little drill on the top is supposed to be.

Admitted, there are far more ugly Mechs, but this one looks like some child said "I'll make my own Mad Cat with bigger EVERYTHING" (and with blackjack and hookers).

Besides: we already have a TBR.

A little basic aesthetic understanding and common sense and it is CLEAR that this Mech should never happen.

Edited by Paigan, 26 February 2016 - 01:38 AM.

#36 TheCharlatan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 01:54 AM

While i'm not a fan of the MKII, i have nothing against it.
Really don't understand why some people are so hostile to it. It's just a mech: we might get it before some other mechs, or after them. If the MKII fans can apply enough pressure, we will just get it a bit sooner.
Forums exist so people can waste some time pushing their ideas and opinions... it's not like MKII lovers are endlessly spamming GD with MKII topics (well, maybe a bit, but it's still in the "acceptable" range of annoying).

#37 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 February 2016 - 02:14 AM

View PostTheCharlatan, on 26 February 2016 - 01:54 AM, said:

While i'm not a fan of the MKII, i have nothing against it.
Really don't understand why some people are so hostile to it. It's just a mech: we might get it before some other mechs, or after them. If the MKII fans can apply enough pressure, we will just get it a bit sooner.
Forums exist so people can waste some time pushing their ideas and opinions... it's not like MKII lovers are endlessly spamming GD with MKII topics (well, maybe a bit, but it's still in the "acceptable" range of annoying).

The haters exist because A. They're against new mechs B. They dislike the... Passionate pleading done by it's advocates (Imperius was quite energetic) C. There's been tons of threads basically asking for this mech D. Timeline purists

#38 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 February 2016 - 02:27 AM

Who cares about the crazc P***y part Deux? I want this mech.. OK, it is not cannon, it is far off the timeline and the tech is not in the game... but it is a Wolverine (clan not chassie) mech!

Posted Image

P. S. OK... it is also a super heavy assault Dreadnaught class with 200 Tons Posted Image . But with a range of 18 MAPS on the main weapon I can snipe a mech in Vitric Forge while standing in Boreal Vault.

Edited by Rushin Roulette, 26 February 2016 - 02:30 AM.

#39 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 26 February 2016 - 03:14 AM

Nice concept, but I´d rather see the other totem mechs, first.

#40 Herr Vorragend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 583 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 February 2016 - 03:19 AM

Who needs a madcat MK II when you can have a blood asp 2?
Sorry guys, I´m not interested in the madcat MK II

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users