#41 Imperius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 26 February 2016 - 03:32 AM

View PostHerr Vorragend, on 26 February 2016 - 03:19 AM, said:

Who needs a madcat MK II when you can have a blood asp 2?
Sorry guys, I´m not interested in the madcat MK II

No one said you had to be. Funny it's a thread about the 3D models of the guns and there are still some people in here going idk about that mech. Ok, that's your right, why post in the thread that has nothing to do with your interest?

#42 Mead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 338 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 03:55 AM

View PostImperius, on 26 February 2016 - 03:32 AM, said:

No one said you had to be. Funny it's a thread about the 3D models of the guns and there are still some people in here going idk about that mech. Ok, that's your right, why post in the thread that has nothing to do with your interest?

I was gonna start a thread mocking people who were being forced to read and respond, but meh.

We're living in an age where the last vestiges of self-control are falling away, and I've got the popcorn for what comes next.

#43 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 04:07 AM

View PostMead, on 26 February 2016 - 03:55 AM, said:

I was gonna start a thread mocking people who were being forced to read and respond, but meh.

We're living in an age where the last vestiges of self-control are falling away, and I've got the popcorn for what comes next.

At least you understand it's a lack of self control.

#44 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 26 February 2016 - 04:14 AM

Look, if PGI thinks they can make a lot of money out of the Mad Cat MK2, they will probably create one. I hardly doubt timeline is of concern, as long as the 'Mech in question isn't sporting tech that isn't in MWO. I mean, there is no immersion to "destroy" anyway.

#45 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 05:53 AM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 26 February 2016 - 04:14 AM, said:

Look, if PGI thinks they can make a lot of money out of the Mad Cat MK2, they will probably create one. I hardly doubt timeline is of concern, as long as the 'Mech in question isn't sporting tech that isn't in MWO. I mean, there is no immersion to "destroy" anyway.

Here is hoping a childhood mech comes to life, and I can finally stop campaigning for the Mad Cat MK II.

So, back on topic...

I think the arms need a front cover like the concept art ;)

#46 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 06:05 AM

View PostLastKhan, on 25 February 2016 - 10:02 PM, said:

can we petition the mods not to make anymore mk 2 thread plz?! im kidding. :)

Its a nifty idea i wonder if the modelers can do something like this and for some other mechs.

Didnt know u were into art. What kind? Also, would like to see some of your arts.

Posted Image

Last thing I actually did for art, I should get back into drawing, I just feel like I have so little time between work and life.

View PostRushin Roulette, on 26 February 2016 - 02:27 AM, said:

Who cares about the crazc P***y part Deux? I want this mech.. OK, it is not cannon, it is far off the timeline and the tech is not in the game... but it is a Wolverine (clan not chassie) mech!

Posted Image

P. S. OK... it is also a super heavy assault Dreadnaught class with 200 Tons Posted Image . But with a range of 18 MAPS on the main weapon I can snipe a mech in Vitric Forge while standing in Boreal Vault.

The OMEGA was so much better looking ;)

#47 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 February 2016 - 06:33 AM

Yea... but the Omega only has 3 Gauss Rifles for long short range battles

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Gauss_Rifle

Long Range16-22 (hexes)

Where as the Orca carries a Sniper Artillery Piece
http://www.sarna.net...Artillery_Piece

Long Range 18 Maps[2]

Here is a display of what that cannon can do!
Posted Image

#48 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 26 February 2016 - 06:51 AM

Retconned April fools jokes can't hit nothing for real. Posted Image

#49 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,686 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 26 February 2016 - 06:58 AM

View PostKhobai, on 25 February 2016 - 06:42 PM, said:

Kindve jumping the gun since theres no evidence the MK2 will ever be in the game.

And hopefully it wont be added ever. Because then people might STFU about it.

Oh look, Khobai is the first to respond again. You must really love the Madcat MK II.

#50 Mead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 338 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:16 AM

View Postpbiggz, on 26 February 2016 - 06:58 AM, said:

Oh look, Khobai is the first to respond again. You must really love the Madcat MK II.

He can't help it. The power of Pavlov Almighty compels his finger to click the thread and respond.

#51 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:29 AM

Imperius: don't get your hopes up on this one. The next pack is likely to be the Phoenix Hawk or another unseen.

After that, MAYBE but the current plan was to do a Wave 4 pack after this next IS mech. He said that specifically at the townhall, but he said he MIGHT change his mind about the Wave 4. So the earliest you could hope for is the next mech after the IS mech that is announced today.

#52 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:33 AM

View PostImperius, on 26 February 2016 - 06:05 AM, said:

Posted Image

Last thing I actually did for art, I should get back into drawing, I just feel like I have so little time between work and life.

What's going on there? She looks to be pained.

#53 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:34 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 26 February 2016 - 07:29 AM, said:

Imperius: don't get your hopes up on this one. The next pack is likely to be the Phoenix Hawk or another unseen.

After that, MAYBE but the current plan was to do a Wave 4 pack after this next IS mech. He said that specifically at the townhall, but he said he MIGHT change his mind about the Wave 4. So the earliest you could hope for is the next mech after the IS mech that is announced today.

I'd say the same to those who are trying to rally for the Phoenix Hawk ;) after all, both were mentioned by him ;) it's 50/50

Though IS has enough mechs it's time to fill out clans more if you want more people to play clan for CW that is ;) pretty confident you'd see a lot of Mad Kitties on the CW drop deck

Edited by Imperius, 26 February 2016 - 07:38 AM.

#54 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,686 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:34 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 26 February 2016 - 07:29 AM, said:

I was under the impression he was abandoning 4 mech packs. He said something to that effect in the last townhall. I guess we'll see.

#55 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:36 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 26 February 2016 - 07:33 AM, said:

Actually it was supposed to be an emotional picture, and people were supposed to guess the emotion, she was actually laughing, and pain isn't the only emotion I have heard people say ;) if you get the drift...

#56 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:15 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 26 February 2016 - 07:33 AM, said:

View PostImperius, on 26 February 2016 - 07:36 AM, said:

Actually it was supposed to be an emotional picture, and people were supposed to guess the emotion, she was actually laughing, and pain isn't the only emotion I have heard people say Posted Image if you get the drift...

It looks like the Yao Ming Face Meme, transplanted onto another person.

#57 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:26 AM

View PostCK16, on 25 February 2016 - 06:16 PM, said:

I was just brain storming a bit today so in a bit of free time I modeled a general concept of how the Mad Cat Mk.II's arms should go when it comes into the game. As there seriously seems to be a lack of weapon housing mechs in the game. Mainly Ballistic weapons that the barrels are usually very exposed. FOr some this looks good, but for such Mech's like that Mad Cat Mk.II they are suppose to be in the arm, in a housing.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Keep in mind this is concept of how the Systems should mount not very artistically driven but pure geometry and function of the arm's with the hard points.

So... why is the venting port (the upper protrusion) gone on your rendition of the 2x energy hardpoint version? Posted Image
If anything, that one would have an even greater need for it than the original Gauss-fitted version.

If they'd be trying to keep true to the spirit of the design (by retaining the cooling ports), either the arm would get much bigger to accommodate the additional hardpoint(s) (which would throw-off the overall proportions) or the additional hardpoint(s) would be mounted on the outside (see the Marauder arms with 3 hardpoints for examples of such external mounting).

Then again, if they'd not be trying to keep true to the spirit of the design, they'd likely just save themselves some extra work and just use the Cauldron-Born's arms (either as-is, or with a couple easy extra cosmetic bits) instead.

Edited by Strum Wealh, 26 February 2016 - 08:37 AM.

#58 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:34 AM

View Postpbiggz, on 26 February 2016 - 07:34 AM, said:

I was under the impression he was abandoning 4 mech packs. He said something to that effect in the last townhall. I guess we'll see.

He said almost word for word, was that his plan right now, was to do the kodiak, followed by another single mech pack ( I thought he said IS), followed by a Wave 4 pack, maybe.

That is what he said at the Townhall, so no he did not say he was abandoning 4 mech packs.

View PostImperius, on 26 February 2016 - 07:36 AM, said:

Actually it was supposed to be an emotional picture, and people were supposed to guess the emotion, she was actually laughing, and pain isn't the only emotion I have heard people say Posted Image if you get the drift...

Yeah, I was thinking that as well, but in combination with pain.

View PostImperius, on 26 February 2016 - 07:34 AM, said:

I'd say the same to those who are trying to rally for the Phoenix Hawk Posted Image after all, both were mentioned by him Posted Image it's 50/50

Though IS has enough mechs it's time to fill out clans more if you want more people to play clan for CW that is Posted Image pretty confident you'd see a lot of Mad Kitties on the CW drop deck

I agree with needing more clan mechs, I just thought he had said that this next single mech pack would be IS.

#59 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:40 AM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 26 February 2016 - 08:26 AM, said:

So... why is the venting port (the upper protrusion) gone on your rendition of the 2x energy hardpoint version? Posted Image
If anything, that one would have an even greater need for it than the original Gauss-fitted version.

If they'd be trying to keep true to the spirit of the design (by retaining the cooling ports), either the arm would get much bigger to accommodate the additional hardpoint(s) (which would throw-off the overall proportions) or the additional hardpoint(s) would be mounted on the outside (see the Marauder arms with 3 hardpoints for examples of such external mounting).

Then again, if they'd not be trying to keep true to the spirit of the design, they'd likely just save themselves some extra work and just use the Cauldron-Born's arms (either as-is, or with a couple easy extra cosmetic bits) instead.

I would cry if they went with Ebon Jag arms. In general I would be very upset if they don't house the weapons and have them really exposed. Part of the Mk.II's look is housed arms. I will try to think of something

#60 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIn Dropship DogeCafe

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:51 AM

View PostImperius, on 26 February 2016 - 06:05 AM, said:

Posted Image

Its quite okay, a few things that are quite off with it. but yea that defiantly looks like pain then laughter or maybe singing? lol. I know this isnt the topic for this and dont want to derail it further.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users