105 replies to this topic

#101 Xulld

• PipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 12:46 PM

View PostRealizer, on 27 February 2016 - 11:11 AM, said:

What he said was, he's not going to unlock it because it's a slippery slope that never ends. If he unlocks endo on the summoner it will turn into people asking nonstop to just unlock them all. Then it becomes screw it just do whatever everybody wants with no regard to anything else.
Its a fallacy for a reason . . . .

So to avoid the fallacy one either focuses on real fixes to the problem itself which is Gameplay viability and fix the whole mess or move on.

You do not then reference the fallacious logic as why you do nothing.

Slippery slope that is . . . in case I am being too subtle here . .

Edited by Xulld, 29 February 2016 - 12:47 PM.

#102 nehebkau

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 29 February 2016 - 12:52 PM

The locked endo is one of the major reasons you see so much laser vomit. I would love more ACs but without endo, on several mechs, you just don't have the free tonnage for the AC you want and ammo -- so you are stuck boating lasers and DHS.

The only way that Russ' "Slippery-slope" fallacy holds up is if PGI is completely unable to say 'no' when the population asks for things. Hell, PGI could simply release ENDO versions of some of these mechs and earn a few $$ and be done with it.

Edited by nehebkau, 29 February 2016 - 12:52 PM.

#103 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 29 February 2016 - 10:32 PM

View PostFupDup, on 29 February 2016 - 07:40 AM, said:

An estimated time-to-overheat of 14 seconds (as per Smurfys) isn't what I consider to be "cold" running.

The ALRM15's are also about more than just packing in more Dubs, they also outperform the LRM20's anyways.

A little bit, However 14 seconds is a bit of a big chunk of time for it's DPS...

On top of that- you got 4 medium pulse lasers and 2 LRM 15's... It isn't practical to use both at the same time. It's stupid to use 4 medium pulse lasers at 300 to 1000 meters range and it's stupid to use the LRM 15 at say 180 meters or bellow, Sure there is a sweet spot of damage dealing at 200-270 meters but that's a 70 meter window and the LRM 15's are not the best for their ammo, weight, damage/ heat at those ranges... If you wanted a build to focus on a sweet spot than you should have done 4 SSRM 6's to go with your pulse lasers.

Dropping the heatsinks for LRM 20's and such vastly improves your damage output from range as an LRM boat and your heat sinks is more than enough to handle 4 medium pulse lasers up close- if it isn't you are rather on terra therma. Or you are in close proximity combat for far to long for an LRM boat.

#104 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,926 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 10:37 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 27 February 2016 - 11:05 AM, said:

Yay. Space magic quantum ammo storage FTW.

I'm sure Ammo Drops and Health Packs and Respawns will be along shortly, too.

i switched on my suspension of disbelief generator when i installed the game. the switch is stuck now and it cant be switched off. also its power supply is nuclear and i will die before the batteries do.

Edited by LordNothing, 29 February 2016 - 10:37 PM.

#105 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 01 March 2016 - 05:52 AM

View Postpbiggz, on 29 February 2016 - 12:22 PM, said:

it could, if we took baby steps.

I doubt baby steps will ever lead to the goal, because when you want an entire new system you have to rewrite the new system from scratch not with babysetsp form an unsuited system.

#106 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,686 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 01 March 2016 - 05:56 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 01 March 2016 - 05:52 AM, said:

I doubt baby steps will ever lead to the goal, because when you want an entire new system you have to rewrite the new system from scratch not with babysetsp form an unsuited system.

noshutupicandream

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users