• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,686 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 27 February 2016 - 02:40 PM

View Post1453 R, on 27 February 2016 - 02:37 PM, said:

What do you want, dude?

What is it you actually want?

Yes - I'm p!ssed the hell off at Imperius because he's been being a whiny brat about this 'Mech for a long while now. He managed to get an answer directly from Russ, in a Town Hall and thus as in-person as it is possible for an answer to get, and he's flat-out ignoring it. If anyone else did that, they would not be lauded as examples of heroic tenacity in the face of adversity the way you keep trumpeting, they would be regarded as thickheaded nitwits who need to face facts already.

Why does Imp get a pass?

Based on what russ said nothing actually changed, in fact some mechs we thought we'd never see are more likely now, because we might even get a blood asp sans heavy lasers. You've conveniently ignored that bit and gone on the anti imperius gloat train. We're actually closer than ever to the MK II, but you and bishop and Khobai and everyone else are just pretending otherwise because it doesn't fit your narrative.

What do I want? The MK II, the blood asp, the nova cat, the Hellhound (with mechwarrior 4 art) and I want the Summoner not to suck. Thats what I want. Do you have any problems with that?

Edited by pbiggz, 27 February 2016 - 02:41 PM.

#42 Luminis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 1,434 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 February 2016 - 02:41 PM

Holy crap, I didn't even realise how big a thing this seems to be Posted Image

I just got drawn in because we need =! I want, but damn, there must be a lot at stake here for people to get so worked up about it.

What's so special about the Mk. II, anyway?

#43 Hit the Deck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 27 February 2016 - 02:48 PM

View PostLuminis, on 27 February 2016 - 02:41 PM, said:

For me, in no particular order:
  • the dual Gauss Mech in MechWarrior (amusingly, I didn't like Gauss when I played MW4)
  • a sweet looking Mech (pretty important!)
  • an Assault with mobility as its important asset (that's why I also like Highlanders back then and Executioners).

#44 Luminis

• The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 1,434 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 February 2016 - 02:49 PM

View Postpbiggz, on 27 February 2016 - 02:45 PM, said:

Nothing, but its imperius' favourite mech, and Bishop Steiner, Lastkhan and Khobai hate Imperius. You can put the rest together.

Hah. Haven't witnessed this sort of forum soap operas (should I call it Community Warfare) since the early World of Warcraft days. Posted Image Posted Image

View PostHit the Deck, on 27 February 2016 - 02:48 PM, said:

For me, in no particular order:
  • the dual Gauss Mech in MechWarrior (amusingly, I didn't like Gauss when I played MW4)
  • a sweet looking Mech (pretty important!)
  • an Assault with mobility as its important asset (that's why I also like Highlanders back then and Executioners).

So that's why I don't get it... The MW4 nostalgia isn't strong with me and the other points are covered already, as far as I'm concerned (or will be, with the KDK).

Edited by Luminis, 27 February 2016 - 02:51 PM.

#45 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 27 February 2016 - 02:58 PM

View PostLuminis, on 27 February 2016 - 02:41 PM, said:

Holy crap, I didn't even realise how big a thing this seems to be Posted Image

I just got drawn in because we need =! I want, but damn, there must be a lot at stake here for people to get so worked up about it.

1. 90 tonner with good tonnage available to work with for weapons (40+).
2. Mobile and Agile for an Assault mech (68kph + JJ's)
3. Lower profile for an assault (before missile pods)
4. cockpit level or higher hard points.
5. Good Variants and variation between them
6. Decent armor and hit boxes.

All that offers a unique chassis that is a more rounded design just like what the Timberwolf/Ebjon Jag offers to heavies for the clans, they are jack of all master of non concepts. That reflect well in CW and Pub's.

The Mech Is needed, only the Blood Asp is about the same level of usefulness...But the Blood Asp has lower arms so its a give and take between the two. Both offering a good mech at 90 tons for the clans.

Edited by CK16, 27 February 2016 - 02:59 PM.

#46 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 27 February 2016 - 03:01 PM

View PostCK16, on 27 February 2016 - 02:58 PM, said:

The Mech Is needed, only the Blood Asp is about the same level of usefulness...But the Blood Asp has lower arms so its a give and take between the two. Both offering a good mech at 90 tons for the clans.

Clan doesn't have a 90 tonner and they are different (Omni vs Battlemech) so we must have both! And Heavy Lasers!

#47 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 27 February 2016 - 03:02 PM

View PostHit the Deck, on 27 February 2016 - 03:01 PM, said:

Clan doesn't have a 90 tonner and they are different (Omni vs Battlemech) so we must have both! And Heavy Lasers!

Well we have the Highlander IIC lol...

#48 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,686 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 27 February 2016 - 03:02 PM

View PostHit the Deck, on 27 February 2016 - 03:01 PM, said:

We have the Highlander IIC, but its engine cap means its too slow to keep up in CW. Blood asp and MK II wouldn't have that issue.

#49 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 27 February 2016 - 03:04 PM

View PostCK16, on 27 February 2016 - 03:02 PM, said:

Well we have the Highlander IIC lol...

Forgot about them Posted Image

#50 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 27 February 2016 - 03:09 PM

View PostHit the Deck, on 27 February 2016 - 03:04 PM, said:

Its alright I dont count them much for Clan mechs as well :P

Just IS chassis with super cool gizmos now :P

#51 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 27 February 2016 - 03:09 PM

That's a two way street.

#52 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 03:16 PM

View PostHit the Deck, on 27 February 2016 - 02:40 PM, said:

Why don't you mention about it's possible hitboxes? They would be pretty bad if we follow the art and existing 3D models people created.

I like the Asp but it has that protruding head (CT) you can always shoot from the sides. The extra gun height from the cockpit would not matter really much.

That sounds actually be self explanatory, and I can only assume with the experience, you are asking to be obtuse, or because you are starting to act like Impy, and petulantly flailing against any counter argument (which again, is not me stating "don't add it ", but being objective about what it is our isn't).

Because like a well run Ebon Jag, you will very rarely be existing those hitboxes. What you all keep promoting the mkII as is the apogee of CW Assault Snipers. In that role, as a hillhumper, the point is to keep exposure to a minimum.

Something those stratospherically high torso mounts allow, in spades.

#53 Weaselball

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 670 posts
  • LocationHell's ********, AKA Fresno.

Posted 27 February 2016 - 03:17 PM

Getting the MK2 seems just as likely as them adding the Fafnir and Vanquisher to the game, seeing as how all 3 mechs are TRO 3067 material.

But I mean, I get that you like the Mad Cat, and want a 25 ton heavier Mad Cat. Let's not stop there though. 55 ton Mad Cat MKIII could be next, that way you don't have to take anything but Mad Cat's into battle.

Mad Cats. Mad Cats everywhere.

#54 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,686 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 27 February 2016 - 03:19 PM

View PostWeaselball, on 27 February 2016 - 03:17 PM, said:

Getting the MK2 seems just as likely as them adding the Fafnir and Vanquisher to the game, seeing as how all 3 mechs are TRO 3067 material.

But I mean, I get that you like the Mad Cat, and want a 25 ton heavier Mad Cat. Let's not stop there though. 55 ton Mad Cat MKIII could be next, that way you don't have to take anything but Mad Cat's into battle.

Mad Cats. Mad Cats everywhere.

But you're ignoring the fact that Russ says its coming. It doesn't matter that it seems unlikely to you.

#55 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 03:20 PM

View Postpbiggz, on 27 February 2016 - 02:45 PM, said:

Nothing, but its imperius' favourite mech, and Bishop Steiner, Lastkhan and Khobai hate Imperius. You can put the rest together.

Gotta say every time you lie like that, it's libel, and as such, a breach of CoC.

I know I don't hate Impy. I hate that he's acting like a petulant child over this, which had completely overridden his good traits.

If I hated him, as you claim, he would not have been on my friends list here and on Twitter, until he acted so ridiculously I felt obligated to block him to minimize his spamming.

I don't even hate you, though I'm getting tired of your persecution complex, revisionist history and now, outright lies.

#56 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 03:21 PM

The vocal minority believes if they stamp their feet hard enough and cry long enough, they can get whatever they want.

And why shouldn't they? PGI has bent their knee to the forum warriors almost every time.

#57 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 03:22 PM

View PostHit the Deck, on 27 February 2016 - 03:04 PM, said:

I have a feeling most people who bought them are trying to.

#58 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 03:32 PM

I do not think the Mad Cat MK II should be injected into the game yet because there are several other worthy Mechs from the present timeline that are not yet included. I get that some folks "want" it but we, as clanners, do not "need" it. I do hope that they advance the timeline though. I do not think that the one real year equals one BT year is sustainable because I do not believe MWO is going to last 15 years. Maybe speed the time line up to 1 real year equals 2 or 3 BT years. There is a Mech that I "want" too that does not show up until 3065. I would like to see it in game but I do not think it should be put in now. I do not think the MK II should either.

#59 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIn Dropship DogeCafe

Posted 27 February 2016 - 03:34 PM

View Post1453 R, on 27 February 2016 - 02:31 PM, said:

PBiggz: the issue is less "we all hate the Mad Cat Mk. II and want it to never be added to the game" and more "If Imperius smacks us all in the face with his mutant six-foot Mk. II stiffie one more f***ing time..."

The guy never. Shuts. UP. Every thread, on every topic, the moment someone mentions the Mk. II - or the timeline, or gauss rifles, or assault 'Mechs, or anything which might be considered related to the subject by someone on the planet at some point in time - Imperius is there to plug the 'Mech again. Russ specifically gave the man his answer - Piranha currently doesn't consider it within the acceptable timeline slice we're shooting for, and would like to focus on getting some older, less renowned chassis in first before advancing the timeline. One of MWO's greatest strengths, especially compared to older MechWarrior titles, is its huge spread of available 'Mechs, getting bigger all the time. There's no reason for Piranha to abandon the rest of the current-time stable just yet, especially when they're putting a lot of resources in Commodity Warfare 3 and don't have the mojo to also do a major tech pass and introduce a bunch of new crap again.

Imperius has his answer. He's just ignoring it because it's not the answer we're hoping for. And so, apparently, is Hit The Deck.

Nobody is arguing that the Mad Cat Mk. II is a bad 'Mech, or that it'll never get in, or any of that. What people want is for Imperius, Imperius, Imperius, also Imperius, and to a much lesser extent CK16 and now apparently Hit The Deck, to stop throwing the muthahclucking thing in our faces EVERY FOURTEEN GODDAMN SECONDS, and to wait their flippin' turn like everyone else who wants future-timeline, MW4-era 'Mechs.

CK's being mostly good about it. Hit The Deckjust has awful timing. But Imperius? yes - Imperius has actively poisoned much of the playerbase against the machine by being a caustic bag of douches, extremely venomous towards anyone who doesn't want to hump the Mk. II's leg the same way he does, and also just NEVER SHUTTING UP ABOUT IT!!

Imp?

WE GET IT ALREADY.

Stop.

Just...stop.

This x over 9000. its over. Russ said when its time and that time isnt now.

Edited by LastKhan, 27 February 2016 - 03:34 PM.

#60 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,686 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 27 February 2016 - 03:35 PM

View PostLastKhan, on 27 February 2016 - 03:34 PM, said:

This x over 9000. its over. Russ said when its time and that time isnt now.

He said its on the cusp, so it seems to me that the time is now.

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users