What Mech Do You Least Want To See/ Hope Never Makes It Into Mwo?

141 replies to this topic

#41 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 28 February 2016 - 04:25 AM

View PostImperius, on 28 February 2016 - 03:41 AM, said:

Any mech that isn't bipedal...

You wanna get slapped?

#42 Gryphorim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 382 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 04:32 AM

PGI basically have stated that LAM and quad mechs will NEVER be introduced. Outside of that, I never want to see protomechs.

#43 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• 5,339 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 28 February 2016 - 04:33 AM

basically anything from Dark Age.

#44 Ted Wayz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts
  • LocationTea with Romano

Posted 28 February 2016 - 04:35 AM

View PostDrxAbstract, on 28 February 2016 - 04:23 AM, said:

We already know what will happen: One swift slash from shoulder to hip with the sword and down you go, just like in the movies.

In reality the sword is an effective anti-mech weapon because Mech armor is not Heavy Plate in function nor design. It's brittle and designed to be ablative, not sturdy. It's closer to Ceramic plating, which disperses rather than withstands, kinetic energy. Is it as effective as a club or axe? No - it doesn't have as much weight behind the impact point. But it still works against Battlemech Armor.

Besides if we have swords we have melee. Nuff' said.

How they haven't figured out a melee module with a recharge I have to idea. Hatchetman dreams still fill my nights.

View PostGryphorim, on 28 February 2016 - 04:32 AM, said:

PGI basically have stated that LAM and quad mechs will NEVER be introduced. Outside of that, I never want to see protomechs.

Scorpion LAM pweese? As close to Gamera as we can get in game LOL.

#45 Herr Vorragend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 582 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 February 2016 - 05:07 AM

The madcat mk II shouldn't be released.

#46 Maaxxx

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 05:18 AM

I would really like to see the Sentinel, but I find it unlikely, people would rather see the Vulcan or Clint first (40 tonners) .

Posted Image

Sworn to avenge
Condemn to hell
Tempt not the blade
All fear the sentinel

#47 Haakon Magnusson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 636 posts
  • LocationI have no idea, they keep resetting CW map

Posted 28 February 2016 - 05:30 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 27 February 2016 - 11:41 PM, said:

Bane 1 = 14 ballistic hardpoints. [10 UAC 2, 4 MG]

At first glance you may shout OP but when you look again there isn't mcuh yo ucan do after you keep adding more and more hard points.
You can't really do 14 UAC 2's effectively unless trolling.
Would struggle to do more than 8 UAC 5's...
Maybe you can do 6 UAC 10's...
4 UAC 20's the cap due to crit slots
having more than 2 gauss is useless but if you want to you can put 5 possibly.
and machine guns... 14 slots of fun.

it's not how many big guns you can fit in it, but in addition you can put some 12 MGs to it... which means MG can never be balanced to be a useful weapon in small numbers without adding some ghostMGexponential heat

#48 jss78

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 28 February 2016 - 05:46 AM

I can't think of a 'mech I'd oppose as such. It's more that I think certain mechs should be a priority, and I'd dislike anything that takes resources away from those.

Now that the legal issues regarding "unseen" are under control, I think putting the remaining unseen in the game should be overriding priority.

As such, when it comes to next mechs, I'm dubious about anything that's not the Crusader. If PGI's not sure about Stinger/Wasp, I'd at least look into the Valkyrie. Basically similar, but at 30 tons might fit the MWO play style better.

#49 VirtualSmitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 528 posts
  • LocationHilton Head, Holy Terra

Posted 28 February 2016 - 05:56 AM

The Madcat MKII, I hope the day never comes.

#50 Zordicron

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 07:30 AM

Akuma. I HATE IT'S FACE

Posted Image

Banzai: Just say no to the beer belly Mauler with a machete

Posted Image

Eyrie- NOPE See also- Gyrfalcon

Posted Image

Z'Gok... oh, I mean Karhu:
Posted Image

No-dachi. NO, NO, dachi, NO. Bad mech. Akuma face and a stupid sword

Posted Image

I agree about Hatamoto, and the Ost mechs. I left out quads because they are supposedly not coming anyway ever. Honestly, I could say the only mech with a medieval weapon I like is the Axman/Hatchetman. the rest look too "themed" for me.

I am not going to get into mechs I wouldn;t want because of loadouts because it would take a lot of explaining, and not just lulz pictures.

#51 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 28 February 2016 - 07:37 AM

Black Lanner.

Posted Image

I hate it with a passion, because I see its community appeal as "in the way" of what we actually need: non-s**t tier mechs in our medium stable. I understand the mech looks cool as hell. Or at least it can. Or it can look like a developmentally defective chicken, depending on the artist....

Posted Image

However, any 55 ton mech with 11 tons of pod space being selected before 40-ton mechs with MORE pod space or 50 ton mechs with DOUBLE the podspace of this ... hinderance is harmful. It is more important to the Clan lineup to have solid options, there, than rule of cool at the moment. When we have good options, then I would not mind, but right now we don't. It is either the Stormcrow or "why bother with a Clan medium?"

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 28 February 2016 - 07:38 AM.

#52 MOS 6510 CBM

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 07:44 AM

View PostJagdFlanker, on 27 February 2016 - 08:28 PM, said:

Ahhh yes. I remember The Falconer!

But seriously though... Posted Image I am not much fan of the Mad Cat MK2. I remember seeing it in Mechwarrior 4 and thinking thats just unimaginative.

Edited by MOS 6510 CBM, 01 March 2016 - 04:13 PM.

#53 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 February 2016 - 08:01 AM

How about all of them? This community is too-mech happy and not enough content-happy. I say f*** the mechs. We have all these mechs and nothing to do with them except deathball. It's getting old. Wish they would allocate their resources better to providing content faster instead of taking YEARS to introduce new gamemodes and maps or any reason to fight that extends beyond the matches. CW is terrible at this, only player-run competitive leagues have really succeeded at this.

Edited by Tarogato, 28 February 2016 - 08:02 AM.

#54 Trauglodyte

• 4,373 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 08:50 AM

As long as they stick with the 3025, 3050, and 2750, and 3058 TROs, I'm fine. The original artist from 3025 and 3058 did a GREAT job of creating mechs. The 3055 guy should be shot, hung, drawn, quartered, burned at the stake, and then reanimated a couple of thousand times so that we could do the same stuff over and over again. F that guy!!!

More importantly, I'm ok with more mechs. But, I really want some semblance of balance between weapon systems and, more importantly, balance within weight classes. The Jenner vs. Cicada thing has chapped my hide since beta: one has 6 weapons and JJs while the other has 5 weapos and no JJs - how is that right? Then, you look at the poor Commando and you just scratch your head over the fact that the Urbie has more weapons AND JJs. Lastly, the Spider - poor *******.

#55 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 28 February 2016 - 09:32 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 28 February 2016 - 01:31 AM, said:

And all of that means nothing since the Dire Wolf still moves like a slug and unless in group queue, will most likely get left behind and be food for Lights.

Much better to have a Bane with CXL 350, Endo+Ferro, with Quad CUAC10s all mounted high, and 11 tons of ammo with 4 DHS in the engine. It is enough to turn tides of any game.

And the LRM boat version will have no fear against pesky Lights due to crapload of SSRMs at its disposal. It is like a wet dream come true, except it also comes with the sticky situation called power creeping.

The bane will be balanced by some of the worst hit boxes I the game, and because of number of hard punts, basically no quirks. It will be the epitome of a glass cannon

#56 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 28 February 2016 - 09:36 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 28 February 2016 - 09:32 AM, said:

The bane will be balanced by some of the worst hit boxes I the game, and because of number of hard punts, basically no quirks. It will be the epitome of a glass cannon

1. Hitboxes won't matter much when it is hill humping with those high mounted arms--something which Dire Wolf, or indeed any Clan Assaults we have, cannot do.

2. Having no quirk doesn't matter much when it can dish out ungodly amount of damage without it.

3. It will still have 19 tons of armor. If King Crab is not considered glass cannon, neither should the Bane. And unlike the Dire Wolf, it can change engines to go faster, so no fear of nascaring.

PGI will have to pull off a Timberwolf-A and give the Bane severe negative quirks just to put it in the game. Otherwise, PGI will have to increase quirks for the rest of the mechs, making the powercreep abundantly real.

Edited by El Bandito, 28 February 2016 - 09:43 AM.

#57 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 09:41 AM

View PostDrxAbstract, on 28 February 2016 - 04:23 AM, said:

We already know what will happen: One swift slash from shoulder to hip with the sword and down you go, just like in the movies.

In reality the sword is an effective anti-mech weapon because Mech armor is not Heavy Plate in function nor design. It's brittle and designed to be ablative, not sturdy. It's closer to Ceramic plating, which disperses rather than withstands, kinetic energy. Is it as effective as a club or axe? No - it doesn't have as much weight behind the impact point. But it still works against Battlemech Armor.

Actually, mech armor is not brittle or it would not stand up to ballistics or explosives. Or PPC lighting. The surface layer is brittle, the next several layers combine to make it more durable.

But it's not just the armor that is in question, as you say, on the whole, it's not plate armor. The length of the sword not only dampens its penetration, but it's inherently weak. Whay helps a traditional sword is springiness, flex to the steel. Mechcalibur would not have that same degree if spring. It'd would be more fragile, and should have a chance to break on any hit.

#58 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 28 February 2016 - 09:46 AM

View PostHerr Vorragend, on 28 February 2016 - 05:07 AM, said:

The madcat mk II shouldn't be released.

This. I think it'd be hilarious.

#59 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 28 February 2016 - 09:50 AM

Also, for the armor and sword arguers- Mech armor is multiple layers, including a woven-fiber AND a ceramics layer, though it's indeed all designed to be ablative. Mech "swords" are really more like a rebalanced "axe" vs. trying to slice through things with your razor-sharp robot katana.

The first really "sharp" weapon isn't until someone gets vibroblades working at the 'Mech scale of things, Even retractable blades are more piercing than slashing weapons.

#60 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 09:50 AM

View PostMaaxxx, on 28 February 2016 - 05:18 AM, said:

I would really like to see the Sentinel, but I find it unlikely, people would rather see the Vulcan or Clint first (40 tonners) .

Posted Image

Sworn to avenge
Condemn to hell
Tempt not the blade
All fear the sentinel

Of the remaining classic 40 tonnes my order of preference is:
- Vulcan: good hardpoint variety, JJs, unique look
-Assassin: mobility, JJs, compact frame. Mix of lasers and missiles a good blend for tonnage
-Sentinel: compact frame, Jack of all trades SharePoint, several highmounted weapons
-Whitworth: good potential loadouts, but slow. Only real interest is a support 40 tonnes is at least different, but meh
-Clint:. What does this even bring to the table that isn't already done, and done by any of the other choices?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users