105 replies to this topic

#101 Xmith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,099 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 March 2016 - 11:31 AM

The one thing that pisses me off to no end is that people saying that my psr is not based on skill and is mostly based on how many matches I have played.

Why don't these same folks do an experiment, play and not perform for a few months and show the results. If they advance to T2, then fine.

However this will never happen because you have to perform advance. You can't just show up and do nothing. You have to put up numbers that helps the team win.

Edited by Xmith, 01 March 2016 - 11:35 AM.

#102 Spr1ggan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,162 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 March 2016 - 11:33 AM

Of course PSR needs to be replaced or changed or something. Currently it's only purpose is to make players that are really T4/5 think they are T3/2/1 players.

Dat upward trend.

Dat XP bar.

#103 MrMadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 11:53 AM

In one of old threads about MM (pre PSR one, as I remember) one guy linked an article about some modified ELO system (like Glicko-2), at the beginning of which all flaws of ELO system were explained. Can't find it now. Could anybody help me find it?

I won't even talk about the fact, that every article will tell you, that ELO itself and it's modifications are designed for one-on-one pair games, like chess, only. I think, that biggest flaw of any W/L based system - is that it relies on law of large numbers. I.e. that rating in this system changes way too slowly. It's good for game with static playerbase, like chess, football or basketball tournament. But it's totally unusable in games, where player base has not only weekly, but extreme daily fluctuations. System should react FASTER, when difference between expected and real performances - is extremely big.

Game is completely unplayable now. Not just bad. Bad - is when you at least can equip some lurms and deal at least 200 dmg via hiding behind your teammates. Unplayable - is when enemies just push and you literally being one-shot, like you don't have any armor on your Mauler. You just see enemy and BAM - you're dead. Just no chances.

Edited by MrMadguy, 01 March 2016 - 12:21 PM.

#104 himself

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 218 posts
  • LocationRear-View Camera

Posted 01 March 2016 - 01:30 PM

View PostMrMadguy, on 01 March 2016 - 11:53 AM, said:

In one of old threads about MM (pre PSR one, as I remember) one guy linked an article about some modified ELO system (like Glicko-2), at the beginning of which all flaws of ELO system were explained. Can't find it now. Could anybody help me find it?

I won't even talk about the fact, that every article will tell you, that ELO itself and it's modifications are designed for one-on-one pair games, like chess, only. I think, that biggest flaw of any W/L based system - is that it relies on law of large numbers. I.e. that rating in this system changes way too slowly. It's good for game with static playerbase, like chess, football or basketball tournament. But it's totally unusable in games, where player base has not only weekly, but extreme daily fluctuations. System should react FASTER, when difference between expected and real performances - is extremely big.

Game is completely unplayable now. Not just bad. Bad - is when you at least can equip some lurms and deal at least 200 dmg via hiding behind your teammates. Unplayable - is when enemies just push and you literally being one-shot, like you don't have any armor on your Mauler. You just see enemy and BAM - you're dead. Just no chances.

Yes, this.

I'm not Tier 2, I doubt I play that well, and I'm kind of tired of getting stomped when my team falters and folds.

#105 MrMadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 12:59 AM

This question again. What a hell happens with this crappy PSR? Today matchmaking feels completely different, than yesterday. There are just two possibilities: 1) Real rating, that is used for matchmaking, is being updated only once a day, so you are doomed to have the same matches for the whole day. 2) PSR just rolls a dice to decide, who you are today - elite or punching bag.

Edited by MrMadguy, 02 March 2016 - 12:59 AM.

#106 Doman Hugin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 197 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 03:53 AM

There is a very good reason the system doesn't react fast, and that is so people can't tank thier PSR to go seal clubbing.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users