• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,673 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 29 February 2016 - 09:45 PM

View PostFunzo, on 29 February 2016 - 09:39 PM, said:

I guess I should say it comes stock with armor which gives it more stock armor than some assaults. Obviously those assaults can increase it more (and some even only marginally more than the TBRs max). But more so I was pointing out that the TBRs stock armor is high with also a lot of room for weapons to be added as well.

Again...What?

And its no longer the Timber Wolf.

I actually don't seem to enjoy playing mine lately...I much prefer my Ebon Jags.

Edited by Sigilum Sanctum, 29 February 2016 - 09:46 PM.

#22 juxstapo

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts
  • Locationmy Tier is bigger than yours.

Posted 29 February 2016 - 09:49 PM

Welp, Winter gets hella likes because that's the first time I've seen Pinkamena Diane outside of the Pony thread in literal years.

#23 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 29 February 2016 - 09:50 PM

View PostSigilum Sanctum, on 29 February 2016 - 09:45 PM, said:

Again...What?

Let me help with that. Due to its non-canon flat back, the Timberwolf, upon release, had only need of 2-3 points of rear armor, and the rest were put in the front. That was comparable to mechs 5 tons larger than it. Combined with its good placed hitboxes from the sides, with its incredible agility and mobility stemming from 375 engine, and the lack of IS structure quirks, it had the "survivability" of an Assault mech. Nowadays the advantage has been lessened. Hope that makes it clear.

Edited by El Bandito, 29 February 2016 - 09:54 PM.

#24 Sigilum Sanctum

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,673 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 29 February 2016 - 09:51 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 29 February 2016 - 09:50 PM, said:

Let me help with that. Due to its non-canon flat back, the Timberwolf, upon release, had only need of 2-3 points of rear armor, and the rest were put in the front. That was comparable to mechs 5 tons larger than it. Combined with its good placed hitboxes from the sides, and pre-nerf agility, it had the "survivability" of an Assault mech. Hope that makes it clear.

That's much better, thank you.

#25 Nauht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 10:02 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 29 February 2016 - 09:41 PM, said:

Then which mech is it? Don't leave us hanging.

None of those mechs run as fast as the Timberwolf, with optimal loadouts, BTW. Marauders in particular are lucky to break even 70kph.

Nothing precludes you using XLs in them. IIRC I get 78 kph in my MAD config. With its movement and agility quirks AND hitboxes it tanks just fine. It's how you pilot with an XL... hell I run an XL380 in my 3xLPL, 3xMPL Battlemaster and even that barn door mech does fine with an XL while owning face.

All my WHM, MAD, Knights have XLs in them since the day I got them. My WHM 7S with 3xLPL, 3xMPL does 84 kph with an XL 340 in it. I hate playing it cos I'm a lore grognard and need PPCs but I can't deny it's power.

View PostWintersdark, on 29 February 2016 - 09:40 PM, said:

Posted Image

Yeah I'm gonna stop here. Suffice to say that people who actually know the game very well know what's going on... even those in denial about IS quirks.

I won't be drawn into yet another popcorn thread... and this time with ponies.

Edited by Nauht, 29 February 2016 - 10:00 PM.

#26 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 10:03 PM

View PostNauht, on 29 February 2016 - 09:59 PM, said:

Nothing precludes you using XLs in them. IIRC I get 78 kph in my MAD config. With its movement and agility quirks AND hitboxes it tanks just fine. It's how you pilot with an XL... hell I run an XL380 in my 3xLPL, 3xMPL Battlemaster and even that barn door mech does fine with an XL while owning face.

All my WHM, MAD, Knights have XLs in them since the day I got them. My WHM 7S with 3xLPL, 3xMPL does 84 kph with an XL 340 in it. I hate playing it cos I'm a lore grognard and need PPCs but I can't deny it's power.

Even when you put XL on them, your builds are still slower than that of the Timberwolf, in addition to becoming susceptible to a single ST loss. XL Marauder? Really? In Puglandia, I guess?
As for the XL Battlemaster, that's one of my main build (it's even in my sig), but it has plenty of weaknesses to make me feel it deserves to be called the best overall mech.

Edited by El Bandito, 29 February 2016 - 10:07 PM.

#27 Nauht

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 10:08 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 29 February 2016 - 10:03 PM, said:

Even when you put XL on them, your builds are still slower than that of the Timberwolf, in addition to becoming susceptible to a single ST loss. XL Marauder? I'm just gonna laugh. As for the XL Battlemaster, that's one of my main build (it's even in my sig), but that still doesn't mean it is over all the best mech.

Do you even MAD bro?

That mech has the best hitboxes in its class fullstop. Better than a WHM. It survives better than my XL WHMs.

But whatever, i know your position on this. I try to take a balanced view on this topic but you'll always be pro-IS.

But answer me this - can you deny what IS quirks have done? So don't straw man about what mechs I run. It's not for everybody cos everyone has their fav mech. Hell I'll never understand Cataphracts.

#28 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 10:14 PM

View PostNauht, on 29 February 2016 - 10:08 PM, said:

Do you even MAD bro?

That mech has the best hitboxes in its class fullstop. Better than a WHM. It survives better than my XL WHMs.

But whatever, i know your position on this. I try to take a balanced view on this topic but you'll always be pro-IS.

But answer me this - can you deny what IS quirks have done? So don't straw man about what mechs I run. It's not for everybody cos everyone has their fav mech. Hell I'll never understand Cataphracts.

Of course I don't deny what IS quirks have done, but that still does not mean your quote below is correct.

View PostNauht, on 29 February 2016 - 10:08 PM, said:

With structure and agility/movement quirks IS heavies outperform a TW in all aspects except one - range.

I have no fear of TWs anymore in either my BL-KNT, MAD or WHM.

1. Aside from range the TW is superior to them with speed.

2. Beating TW 1v1 does not necessarily make a mech best overall. Otherwise I would say Banshee, or Mauler.

Edited by El Bandito, 01 March 2016 - 02:01 AM.

#29 Nauht

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 10:18 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 29 February 2016 - 10:14 PM, said:

Of course I don't deny what IS quirks have done, but that still does not mean your quote below is correct.

1. Aside from range the TW is superior to them with speed.

2. Beating TW 1v1 does not necessarily make a mech best overall.

Ok whatever.

#30 Sader325

• 1,181 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 12:54 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 29 February 2016 - 10:03 PM, said:

Even when you put XL on them, your builds are still slower than that of the Timberwolf, in addition to becoming susceptible to a single ST loss. XL Marauder? Really? In Puglandia, I guess?
As for the XL Battlemaster, that's one of my main build (it's even in my sig), but it has plenty of weaknesses to make me feel it deserves to be called the best overall mech.

http://www.twitch.tv...r325/v/28696349

#31 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 01 March 2016 - 01:49 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 29 February 2016 - 09:41 PM, said:

Then which mech is it? Don't leave us hanging.

None of those mechs run as fast as the Timberwolf, with optimal loadouts, BTW. Marauders in particular are lucky to break even 70kph.

You can run a 3 LPL 3 MEd laser BLK Knight that goes 87 no problem.

#32 Ted Wayz

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts
  • LocationTea with Romano

Posted 01 March 2016 - 01:50 AM

Gold mechs. They come with a "I win" module that can be used once a day. Plus they are damn sexy in the mech bay.

#33 MrMadguy

• 2,203 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 01:53 AM

According to this table, it's Spider:
Posted Image

#34 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 01 March 2016 - 01:55 AM

View PostMrMadguy, on 01 March 2016 - 01:53 AM, said:

According to this table, it's Spider:
Posted Image

Wait...

So a VOLUME chart equates to how GOOD a mech is now? And we can use it for placement?

I have heard everything out of you now Badguy!

#35 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 01 March 2016 - 01:59 AM

View PostSader325, on 01 March 2016 - 12:54 AM, said:

Marauders may well be the hardest heavies to kill right now, but once you pop that RT they loose their bite.

#36 kesmai

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 01 March 2016 - 02:01 AM

The last time I looked the best mechs in this game had strange names like psichih0lic or prtnspz To name a few. obviously they are pay to win and sadly enough sold out.

#37 MrMadguy

• 2,203 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 02:02 AM

View PostRevis Volek, on 01 March 2016 - 01:55 AM, said:

Wait...

So a VOLUME chart equates to how GOOD a mech is now? And we can use it for placement?

I have heard everything out of you now Badguy!

It's not just volume chart - it's volume/'Mech "value" ratio chart. If 'Mech is too small for it's "value" (firepower + armor) - then it has advantage. About 32% of advantage over my Battlemaster - is big deal.

Edited by MrMadguy, 01 March 2016 - 02:03 AM.

#38 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• 1,187 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 02:06 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 29 February 2016 - 08:23 PM, said:

Urbanmech.

God tier, son.

Pretty sure its beyond god tier, and is in the realm of Banned Tier...

I mean, its the fastest mech in the game, and its an assault mech to boot! Its XL friendly, and brings more firepower to the battlefield then any other team in the game! (Yes i said team, its litterally a 12 man premade by itself).

No offence but this brings P2W to a whole new level of cheeze! wtf where they thinking... And the quirks... Dude bro?! And on top of that, it has 360 degree torso twist? Spread dmg like a boss?

Im sorry, but clan invasion? Pfft wtf is that? urbanpocylips!

For anyone who hasnt paid real cash for a set of these- get out your wallets and throw money at your computer because this mech is OP!

#39 Chados

• 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 01 March 2016 - 03:08 AM

I also vote Timber Wolf. It can pack the firepower of a 100 tonner, yet move like a 55 tonner.

#40 TELEFORCE

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 03:21 AM

Stormcrow.

For its 55-ton mass, it has the speed to keep up with many medium and light 'mechs and is able to quickly reposition on the battlefield. At its 96 kph speed it carries plenty of firepower which can be varied between laser, ballistic, and missile weapons. It comes stock with maximum armor, along with the Clan's relatively compact yet useful ES/FF combination.

Some may dislike the Stormcrow for not having and fixed engine heat sinks, but I don't think that detracts from this chassis at all as it allows for the maximum tonnage for weapons and other equipment.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users