• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 01 March 2016 - 04:52 AM

Probably the Timber Wolf.

That said, whatever mech you do best with is the best mech. I don't particularly like Timbies, but I will play the hell out of Mad Dogs and BattleMasters.

#42 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 01 March 2016 - 05:03 AM

Urbanmech...definitely Urbanmech.

#43 NextGame

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 01 March 2016 - 05:38 AM

depends on how you want to play a mech

#44 xTrident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 655 posts
  • LocationWork or Home

Posted 01 March 2016 - 05:39 AM

My TimberWolf feels like it's made of glass compared to my Black Knight - The cheapest Black Knight as well mind you.

It's a tough call, I understand why everyone says the TimberWolf but from my experience it just doesn't do it. What I will give the TImberWolf is the amount of damage I can do with it seemingly not living very long. But other than that it's just meh to me.

The Crab seems like a damn good mech to me, and I've just recently started using a Cicada to which I am absolutely loving right now. But if I had to give an advantage to damage output/damage taken it'd go to the Crab. Of course I also don't think that I've played with nearly enough mechs to actually know which one is the best. Just what few I have. Top three in my stable are Black Knight, Crab and Cicada.

#45 Black Ivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 05:41 AM

Black Night does quite well no. Otherwise it depends mostly on who pilots the mech

#46 Phra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 233 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 08:03 AM

As of now, with its quirks and superior hitboxes, the better versions of the BKN will **** all over the aforementioned "Timbergods".

#47 VirtualSmitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 528 posts
  • LocationHilton Head, Holy Terra

Posted 01 March 2016 - 08:04 AM

On the IS side, i'd say the BNC-3E. Clan side, the Mad Cat.

#48 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 01 March 2016 - 08:19 AM

I will answer it as well as possible, the following are in my opinion for the best Mech for each role, others will have different opinions.

The best Mech in the game for mobility is the Spider.
The best Light for close combat is the Firestarter.
The best Light all rounder is the Arctic Cheetah.
The best Light Sniper is the the Raven.
The best Light for hunting Assualts is the Jenner IIC.
The best fast Medium is the Cicada.
The best sniper Medium is the Shadow Cat.
The best laser boat medium is the Nova.
The best brawler medium is the Griffin.
The best all round medium, provided you do not need Jump Jets is the Stormcrow.
The best tanky heavy is the Thunderbolt.
The best long range fire support heavy is ether the Jagermech or the Ebon Jaguar.
The best missile boat heavy is the Mad Dog.
The best brawler heavy is ether the Thunderbolt or the Warhammer.
The best all round heavy is ether the Timber Wolf of the Marauder.
As for assaults I am not good at piloting assaults so I will let someone else tell you that.

#49 Asrrin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 200 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 March 2016 - 08:46 AM

Best all-around mech? Probably the timberwolf, though many other heavies beat it out in specific niches. Warhammer especially comes to mind. In Fact, I'd say the Warhammer is pretty even with the timby.

Banshees, Battlemasters, and Maulers are all pretty much top tier assualts. Lights are either FS9 or jenner oxide or cheetah. Mediums are in a bad spot now with all of the good heavy options, though BJs are still pretty good.

#50 Demonic

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 89 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 01 March 2016 - 08:54 AM

Ppl points to Rifleman, if you sit at 600m+ (it seems you have to follow this rule because its said in Battletech) and if nobody points at you in the whole match you can reach damages of 1500+.

#51 MechWarrior5152251

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:09 AM

SCR or ACH, TBR got hit with the nerfbat pretty hard.

#52 Otto Cannon

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:11 AM

It isn't the absolute top mech, but I think the Hellbringer deserves an honourable mention for making underhive pug teams lurmproof while dispensing rainbow laser death vomit with good mobility and armour.

#53 AlphaToaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:27 AM

I would bring 3 BK's to CW instead of TW's if I could. EBN's have the punch, but the BK's feel better to pilot and I feel as if I can survive longer in a BK than an EBN. It's narrower so the side peeking is a bit more forgiving. Yes it has low mounted hard points (in relation to the cockpit) but when used correctly, it's a dps machine. The EBN has to back off after those large alphas where I feel the BK has a cooling edge while still maintaining the dps output. The build I like to run on the BK (5mpl+2lpl) compared to the EBN (2lpl+6ml), I feel I get an extra alpha out of the BK before risking shutdown compared to the EBN where 1 alpha is 58% on a cold map.

After having said all of that, all around I like Stormcrow's for solo/group, while I think the best CW heavy is a BK. The ability to reposition faster is more important to me in solo/group, while I need more poking power with the ability to sustain fire in CW.

#54 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:36 AM

View PostFunzo, on 29 February 2016 - 08:53 PM, said:

Gonna say Timberwolf. Has more armor than a lot of the 80-90 ton Assaults, 81Kph (87 speedtweak), and has a lot of room for a large variety of builds or just boating in general.

Bro...do you even smurfy?

TW has less armor than any assault mech, and the only quirks it has are negative mobility quirks...do people really believe some of the BS that is posted about this mech?

I digress...

To answer the OP...honestly...the BLR-2C with 5 LPLs is absolutely the nastiest thing I have driven in quite a long time...thing is ridiculous

#55 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:48 AM

Urbanmech, hands down .
Anything else just pales in comparison .
Except maybe the "Urbie" Spider .

And, Gyrok ?
Yes, some people believe whats being posted in the forums ... just look at public queue from time to time ... AND SHUDDER :P

Edited by Rad Hanzo, 01 March 2016 - 09:49 AM.

#56 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:50 AM

View PostChados, on 01 March 2016 - 03:08 AM, said:

I also vote Timber Wolf. It can pack the firepower of a 100 tonner, yet move like a 55 tonner.

A TW can legit carry this, while moving like this?

Man, if that is the case, I have totally been doing it wrong...

View PostRad Hanzo, on 01 March 2016 - 09:48 AM, said:

Urbanmech, hands down .
Anything else just pales in comparison .
Except maybe the "Urbie" Spider .

And, Gyrok ?
Yes, some people believe whats being posted in the forums ... just look at public queue from time to time ... AND SHUDDER Posted Image

I know old friend...it seems to get worse each passing day...

#57 SplashDown

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 399 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 10:53 AM

My personal favorit mech is the ebon jag....its not an OP mech but is super fun to play,and the fact that it walks around the map with its arms out like a body builder with a attitude makes me laugh.
I allso like the ebon jag becuz i feel its very build friendly for players of all tiers
I can build it to be a laser vomit.
I can build it to be a AC/laser brawler
I can build it to be a missle/laser stud
I even have a build with 4 lrg pulse laser on it to turn it into a rifleman and play peekaboo games
and the list goes on....
EBON JAG imo is just a very friendly mech to play..in the hands of a top tier player it can be leathal..and in the hands of a new player it can at least let a new player get some hits in and feel usefull.

P.S. just my 2 pennies =)

#58 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 11:55 AM

Splashdown ... DO you even know that a HBR can do literally the same while being about 55% of the EBJ´s width PLUS additional ECM and being about 200% less prone to losing those precious sidetorsi ?
I guessed so .

You just got educated .
The nice way .

You see, Gyrok...it doesnt even take days, 63 minutes is all it takes ^^

Edited by Rad Hanzo, 01 March 2016 - 11:55 AM.

#59 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 01 March 2016 - 11:59 AM

View PostMrMadguy, on 01 March 2016 - 02:02 AM, said:

It's not just volume chart - it's volume/'Mech "value" ratio chart. If 'Mech is too small for it's "value" (firepower + armor) - then it has advantage. About 32% of advantage over my Battlemaster - is big deal.

\

Size or VOLUME is not the only variable in the equation that equals what makes a good mech.

You are telling me with a straight face, that the spider is 32% BETTER in every category then a Battlemaster?

Edited by Revis Volek, 01 March 2016 - 11:59 AM.

#60 Phra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 233 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 12:02 PM

View PostRad Hanzo, on 01 March 2016 - 11:55 AM, said:

Splashdown ... DO you even know that a HBR can do literally the same while being about 55% of the EBJ´s width PLUS additional ECM and being about 200% less prone to losing those precious sidetorso ?

Umm no? Come again.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users