62 replies to this topic

#1 BabyCakes666

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 07:51 AM

this is like 3rd time this week that i get the blame and shot up n reported >_>

first time i saved a AFK raven from a cicada he thort i shot him then tried to kill me i just blew his guns off and called it a day

next guy walks in front of me and im shooting you can see all the bullets flying out of me DIES!!! then gos off at me and report me >_>

last one shoots me then ceeps shooting me so i kill him then his friends kill me and all report me then abuse me in chat D:

i dont need this **** i spent money on this game >_<

how many times do i have to be reported for some thing bad to happen :(

so any of you guys had this problem ???

#2 nehebkau

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 02 March 2016 - 07:53 AM

dont worry.

PGI has logs of everything that went on in the game -- they are pretty detailed so they will know who shot first and who walked in front of whom. PGI also has people who will listen to your side of the story. That having been said, they know what went on (having the ability to reconstruct the entire match, basically, from the logs)

However -- Report them, don't shoot them.

Edited by nehebkau, 02 March 2016 - 08:30 AM.

#3 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 07:55 AM

No, I have all chats off. Foolproof way to avoid having to deal with the Snowflake Guild any more than is absolutely necessary.

#4 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 07:57 AM

View Postsycocys, on 02 March 2016 - 07:55 AM, said:

No, I have all chats off. Foolproof way to avoid having to deal with the Snowflake Guild any more than is absolutely necessary.

Voicecoms also off?

Way to be a team player in the team game! I sure hope you follow the herd.

#5 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 02 March 2016 - 07:57 AM

I think I remember reporting you (someone with 666 in his name). One guy claimed that you are a chronic teamkiller, at the start of the match, and sure enough you TKed that guy shortly afterwards, and the rest of us ended up killing you and then reporting you. So you could indeed be a guilty TKer for all we know.

Edited by El Bandito, 02 March 2016 - 05:45 PM.

#6 BabyCakes666

• Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 08:00 AM

i have a vid of the raven i disarmed if i post it dose that count as name and shame even tho is just funny coz im not name n shaming him just funny tried ramming me to death XD

#7 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 08:01 AM

View PostLugh, on 02 March 2016 - 07:57 AM, said:

Voicecoms also off?

Way to be a team player in the team game! I sure hope you follow the herd.

All chats including voip = off.

Your not my mom! XD

#8 BabyCakes666

• Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,050 posts

View PostEl Bandito, on 02 March 2016 - 07:57 AM, said:

I think remember reporting you (someone with 666 in his name). One guy claimed that you are a chronic teamkiller, at the start of the match, and sure enough you TKed that guy shortly afterwards, and the rest of us ended up killing you and then reporting you. So you could indeed be a guilty TKer for all we know.

he shot me first >_<

#9 xTrident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 655 posts
  • LocationWork or Home

I did actually accidentally TK a teammate just over this past weekend. I believe I did an entire two or three team damage to do such as well. I've also team killed a teammate by shooting an enemy, they die and my lasers were still going off and shot my teammate who happened to be standing right behind.

I never ever shoot my own teammates on purpose. I have accidentally shot nearly an alpha at a teammate thinking they were the enemy, and I did actually kill'em. Of course right after I took full blame and apologized profusely, and it wasn't even because I was worried about being reported - it was because TK'ing is such a **** move. Of course my teammate understood and all was well between us.

That being said I sure hope TK'ing is looked into. For some reason this past week has been rough on me as far as TK'ing goes, and none of them have been on purpose.

#10 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 March 2016 - 08:03 AM

Ah, so you're one of those guys that I say "Go this way instead, you'll die over there!" ... and you die because you didn't hear me. Posted Image

#11 GRiPSViGiL

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 02 March 2016 - 08:08 AM

View PostBabyCakes666, on 02 March 2016 - 07:51 AM, said:

this is like 3rd time this week that i get the blame and shot up n reported >_>

first time i saved a AFK raven from a cicada he thort i shot him then tried to kill me i just blew his guns off and called it a day

next guy walks in front of me and im shooting you can see all the bullets flying out of me DIES!!! then gos off at me and report me >_>

last one shoots me then ceeps shooting me so i kill him then his friends kill me and all report me then abuse me in chat D:

i dont need this **** i spent money on this game >_<

how many times do i have to be reported for some thing bad to happen Posted Image

so any of you guys had this problem ???

Nope, I check my fire and re-position myself when needed. Sometimes friendlies may take your firing lane but you gotta pull your fire off, wait for them to pass, re-position, or progress to a new target. 3 times in a week no matter how much you play is to much. You probably need to L2Play because I might have no more than 10 FF damage a game most times less.

#12 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 08:10 AM

View PostTarogato, on 02 March 2016 - 08:03 AM, said:

Ah, so you're one of those guys that I say "Go this way instead, you'll die over there!" ... and you die because you didn't hear me. Posted Image

To be fair, I wasn't going to listen anyhow. Been playing since closed beta so pretty much everything about the normal gameplay bores the hell out of me, the times I drop now I just make the match interesting and fun for myself.

OP concerning the "3rd time this week" -

If you are involved in more than 1 tk a month you are one or more of the following --

- Doing it intentionally.
- Extremely unlucky with arty/lrms.
- A known tker/FF player that's getting shot first.
- Terrible at this game.

And I recall seeing your name pop up in TKs for more than a couple matches during the last quickplay event so you definately fit somewhere on that list.

Edited by sycocys, 02 March 2016 - 08:11 AM.

#13 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 02 March 2016 - 08:13 AM

Perfect example why we need to have a cap of allowable damage before we’re penalized for it (and because of the lenience, we can safely implement harsher penalties).

If we do under 20-30 damage, there are no penalties, even if we accidentally kill a team mate.
But if we do more than 30 damage, and we also have a team kill under our belt, then we’re penalized for everything.

So, example:
Team Kill, and 10 points of damage?
- Fine, no penalty. Accidents happen.

Team kill, and throughout the game you get 50 points of team damage?
- You killed someone and you continued to deal team damage. Unacceptable. Penalized for team kill at the end of the match, plus all penalties for the damage.

If you want to generate a rough average of team damage, look here: http://mwomercs.com/...ge/page__st__80

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 03 March 2016 - 02:28 PM.

#14 xTrident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 655 posts
  • LocationWork or Home

Posted 02 March 2016 - 08:18 AM

View PostGRiPSViGiL, on 02 March 2016 - 08:08 AM, said:

Nope, I check my fire and re-position myself when needed. Sometimes friendlies may take your firing lane but you gotta pull your fire off, wait for them to pass, re-position, or progress to a new target. 3 times in a week no matter how much you play is to much. You probably need to L2Play because I might have no more than 10 FF damage a game most times less.

On the flip side me running around in mediums there are plenty of times I'm re-positioning and run in front of my teammates who are shooting. It's not something I make a habit of, but sometimes I just have to walk in front of them. Well, if I decide to walk in front of them and risk some team damage... That's on me as far as I'm concerned.

Usually whenever I have ten team damage or more it's because something out of the ordinary happened. Usually I run around five or less given no one walks in front of me which is easily where most of my team damage comes from.

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 02 March 2016 - 08:13 AM, said:

Perfect example why we need to have a cap of allowable damage before we’re penalized for it.

If we do under 20-30 damage, there are no penalties, even if we accidentally kill a team mate.
But if we do more than 30 damage, and we also have a team kill under our belt, then we’re penalized for everything.

So, example:
Team Kill, and 10 points of damage?
Fine, no penalty. Accidents happen.

Team kill, and throughout the game you get 50 points of team damage?
You killed someone and you continued to deal team damage. Unacceptable. Penalized for team kill at the end of the match, plus all penalties for the damage.

If you want to generate a rough average of team damage, look here: http://mwomercs.com/...ge/page__st__80

100% agreed. When I TK'd my teammate doing two or three team damage I stating just that to a buddy of mine I was playing with. Two or three team damage and my teammate was messed up so bad I accidentally kill him and get penalized pretty heavily for it.

#15 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 08:23 AM

Stop team killing and you won't get reported. For those of you unaware, Babycakes is a troll. Parse his words carefully. I'm doubtful he is telling the complete truth here.

Edited by cazidin, 02 March 2016 - 08:25 AM.

#16 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 02 March 2016 - 08:28 AM

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 02 March 2016 - 08:13 AM, said:

Perfect example why we need to have a cap of allowable damage before we’re penalized for it.

Its already been announced. Players will have to pay 21 cbills for every single (i.e. 1) point of team damage they do.

Do 100 damage and you will see 2100 cbills subtracted from your match earnings. There will be great crying from the lrm-tubs when they realize that 1/2 of the lrms they fired into the brawl actually hit friendly targets.

View Postcazidin, on 02 March 2016 - 08:23 AM, said:

Stop team killing and you won't get reported. For those of you unaware, Babycakes is a troll. Parse his words carefully. I'm doubtful he is telling the complete truth here.

Yes, and eventually the hammer will fall -- yet another reason to avoid the pub queue.

Edited by nehebkau, 02 March 2016 - 08:29 AM.

#17 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 08:32 AM

View Postnehebkau, on 02 March 2016 - 08:28 AM, said:

Its already been announced. Players will have to pay 21 cbills for every single (i.e. 1) point of team damage they do.

Do 100 damage and you will see 2100 cbills subtracted from your match earnings. There will be great crying from the lrm-tubs when they realize that 1/2 of the lrms they fired into the brawl actually hit friendly targets.

Yes, and eventually the hammer will fall -- yet another reason to avoid the pub queue.

The worst part is... I've encountered more teamkillers in CW than I have in Quick Play.

#18 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 02 March 2016 - 08:39 AM

View PostxTrident, on 02 March 2016 - 08:18 AM, said:

100% agreed. When I TK'd my teammate doing two or three team damage I stating just that to a buddy of mine I was playing with. Two or three team damage and my teammate was messed up so bad I accidentally kill him and get penalized pretty heavily for it.

Yep! Exactly right.
It goes a little more in-depth here in terms of thresholds, etc. http://mwomercs.com/...damage-penalty/

And it just goes to show that PGI puts in only light things that can needlessly hurt players that are at the wrong place in the wrong time. It’d be nice if we for once had a robust, complete, system handles many grey areas and circumstances. And a system aims to HELP the player achieve lower friendly fire. There is no feedback in-game that you deal friendly fire. That small fact is mind-boggling.

#19 Tyler Valentine

• Senior Corporal
  • 1,472 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona

Posted 02 March 2016 - 08:41 AM

I've never understood this. You don't have to turn chat off to have self control and ignore the idiots. By turning chat off you're basically saying "I let these people get under my skin so much that I got rid of ALL communications in a team based game because I couldn't handle their taunting."

Just leave chat on and ignore, or feel bad for, the people that need attention.

#20 Afuldan McKronik

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,331 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 March 2016 - 08:45 AM

Blue reticule with a big blue X through it is in many other games when you drag a reticule across a friendly. We know where the rest of our team is at all times even 2k+ sometimes.

Hurts my head looking at an enemy that i could be shooting but he charged my nearly dead teammate and i cant get a clear shot, since shooting and hitting anything is a red flash. Not a blue flash for friendly.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users