#21 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 08 March 2016 - 09:43 AM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 08 March 2016 - 09:24 AM, said:

I have a 2.34 W/L ratio, does that mean I know how to play it better than you? He isn't wrong, the red team is either forced to camp spawn area, use D4 (noob trab to stay here), or really hope the enemy doesn't scout a C4 push.

You are better than me (or carried better than me? Posted Image ), so it's very strange that u and your team camp in spawn point like the only viable strategy for reds

#22 Roadkill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 09:45 AM

View PostZerberus, on 08 March 2016 - 05:42 AM, said:

The best strategy for red is ACTUALLY usually to outflank via e4-d6 and hit blue from behind.

No no no... don't go into the water, that's a death trap. Stay up top via D4-D5 then push across to C5 for the flanking.

Or simply don't go there at all. D3-C3 works really well because the C4 gap is filled with giant shells. D3 and C3 both contain plenty of cover/concealment and if your team is patient you can force the enemy to cross open ground to get to you.

High ground on this map is overrated. It's useful, but it's not that great of an advantage. What you really want to control are the areas where the giant shells and small plateaus provide cover that allows you to control the open areas.

I think I'm actually more successful as red team as the OP has it laid out. You have to commit to it, but it's really easy to flank blue team and then they're caught in a cross fire with nowhere to go.

#23 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

And the newest Map has no FOCAL f'ing Point and yet it is still Whined and Cried about... WAHHH! LRM's can hit me! WAHHHH! :(

No wonder PGI has gone deaf to this place ffs. Whine and cry for something, get exactly that, then Whine and Cry about it anyways... Truly pathetic...:(

#24 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,670 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 08 March 2016 - 09:43 AM, said:

You are better than me (or carried better than me? Posted Image ), so it's very strange that u and your team camp in spawn point like the only viable strategy for reds

I didn't say it is the only viable strat, just one of the few that you have the option of, and none are particularly great. I much prefer the blue team simply because you are afforded many more options.

#25 Remillard

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 88 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 09:48 AM

Scattered spawn locations would be interesting on many maps but they're going to have to change their automated lance make-up. If ABC each have a light/med/heavy/assault comp, rather than A being lights/meds, B being meds/heavies, C being heavies/assaults then each group is somewhat potentially independent.

This would make Alpine somewhat interesting as well, instead of putting Charlie lance way out in BFE.

Scattered spawn locations would be interesting on many maps but they're going to have to change their automated lance make-up. If ABC each have a light/med/heavy/assault comp, rather than A being lights/meds, B being meds/heavies, C being heavies/assaults then each group is somewhat potentially independent.

This would make Alpine somewhat interesting as well, instead of putting Charlie lance way out in BFE.

#26 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 08 March 2016 - 09:52 AM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 08 March 2016 - 09:42 AM, said:

I understand flanking, NASCAR is the result of the main body deciding "screw this" and joining to flanking movement generally because the main body is no longer actively engaged or never was engaged. Thus turning it into a rotation of the main body rather than an actual flank, but the point is, the original intention is people want to flank, the problem is that too many try to flank forcing the main body to either join the flank (and become part of the rotation) or die as the main body without support.

It is a problem of people being scared/greedy with regards to wanting shots on the enemy and isn't something random spawn locations will fix, neither will changing maps outside of removing cover period.

Changing the spawn system will ABSOLUTELY fix the problem.

I know this as fact because of my time spent in Mechwarrior Living Legends, Mechwarrior 2, 3 and 4.

#27 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 08 March 2016 - 09:52 AM

Lights and fast-movers can sweep around D5, run through some pretty heavy cover in C5, round into B5, and tear up the backside of slow-movers waddling through. Provided your own Assaults and Heavies haven't clogged up in D4, you can catch the enemy in a nasty pincer.

#28 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,670 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 10:02 AM

View PostMister Blastman, on 08 March 2016 - 09:52 AM, said:

It won't but you can think it will.

#29 Roadkill

• 3,610 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 10:09 AM

View PostMister Blastman, on 08 March 2016 - 09:52 AM, said:

Not in no-respawn it won't.

MW2-3-4 were primarily played no respawn, so your experience (and mine) there doesn't translate.

#30 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 10:12 AM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 08 March 2016 - 10:02 AM, said:

It won't but you can think it will.

It will but you can think it won't.

I know you are but what am I?

See what I did there?

My two decades of experience in online Mechwarrior has shown me many things far and beyond MWO. Provide us substantiative proof it won't. My proof is already there. You can see it in the past games along with Living Legends. They've already shown it.

This is why we study history.

View PostRoadkill, on 08 March 2016 - 10:09 AM, said:

Not in no-respawn it won't.

MW2-3-4 were primarily played no respawn, so your experience (and mine) there doesn't translate.

That depends.

League play was no-respawn. Non-league play was respawn enabled and the majority of games were non-league games. Re-read my post. The second option illustrated respawn gameplay.

#31 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,670 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 10:15 AM

View PostMister Blastman, on 08 March 2016 - 10:12 AM, said:

My two decades of experience in online Mechwarrior has shown me many things far and beyond MWO. Provide us substantiative proof it won't. My proof is already there. You can see it in the past games along with Living Legends. They've already shown it.

This is why we study history.

History shows nothing, at best you could use MWLL and MW4 as proof, but MW4 never had separated DZs (in fact you all spawned in the same area), and MWLL never had the population so I never paid attention. Not to mention, you are relying heavily on a bit of a fallacy that I have to provide substantial proof because some history of games you played that others may or may not backup your statement.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 08 March 2016 - 10:16 AM.

#32 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 10:31 AM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 08 March 2016 - 10:15 AM, said:

History shows nothing, at best you could use MWLL and MW4 as proof, but MW4 never had separated DZs (in fact you all spawned in the same area), and MWLL never had the population so I never paid attention. Not to mention, you are relying heavily on a bit of a fallacy that I have to provide substantial proof because some history of games you played that others may or may not backup your statement.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

--George Santayana

#33 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,670 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 10:36 AM

View PostMister Blastman, on 08 March 2016 - 10:31 AM, said:

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

--George Santayana

Pointless quote is pointless.

MW4 was never saved by separated spawns like you suggest, NASCAR happened less often there because maps weren't as claustrophobic (meaning features to rotate around weren't small, similar the Polar), but it did still happen (just like on Polar it happens).

#34 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 10:41 AM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 08 March 2016 - 10:36 AM, said:

Pointless quote is pointless.

The Royal Society of Literature didn't consider him a pointless philosopher. His quote speaks gobs of wisdom in few words. I can't argue with someone who neglects the past--the whole past. Cherry-picked history is truth not.

Good Day, Sir. I have real work to do now.

#35 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,670 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 10:47 AM

View PostMister Blastman, on 08 March 2016 - 10:41 AM, said:

The Royal Society of Literature didn't consider him a pointless philosopher.

I didn't say the philosopher was pointless, so let me be more specific in case the context was missed, the quote is pointless in regards to this discussion.

#36 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 10:47 AM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 08 March 2016 - 09:43 AM, said:

Reds can camp in D2, E2 and go low ground all the way round the enemy to come up from the rear of the 5 line.

So no there is not just one way for the red lined side to go.

Your box is sealed. Start thinking outside it.

#37 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,670 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 10:51 AM

View PostMister Blastman, on 08 March 2016 - 10:41 AM, said:

Cherry-picked history is truth not.

Neither is history with a population that is too small to make any sort of argument for or against. Not to mention other considerations that the other MW games were different, like how unbalanced they were and how much lag played into play style. Even provided it did work in the past, there is no guarantee that it would work in MWO because of those drastically different circumstances. Thus the reason I ignore all but MW4, especially given that MW4 is the closest game to MWO that had a decently sized community around it that played enough.

#38 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 08 March 2016 - 11:11 AM

View PostLugh, on 08 March 2016 - 10:47 AM, said:

Reds can camp in D2, E2 and go low ground all the way round the enemy to come up from the rear of the 5 line.

So no there is not just one way for the red lined side to go.

Your box is sealed. Start thinking outside it.

d2 e2 is so boring :D
Also, how da hell can u tell "Your box is sealed. Start thinking outside it."? In this thread I never wrote what I do in bog , LOL

#39 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 08 March 2016 - 11:15 AM

VietBog is my favorite maps. On no other map can a good plan turn into such a cluster f*ck sh*tstorm so quickly.

#40 SplashDown

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 399 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 12:01 PM

bog and mining colony are 2 of m,y favorit maps =)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users