• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 474 posts
  • LocationKnoxville,TN

Posted 08 March 2016 - 08:56 PM

OP, I would highly recommend checking out this thread:
http://mwomercs.com/...-get-somewhere/

And, honestly, the person you are referring to has a point. While it would be nice to get more support, if you bring a 50 kph dire or Atlas , don't expect everyone to go out of their way just to support you (Especially in the pug queue). If you hate getting left behind, bring a faster mech. It's that simple.

#22 Malachy Karrde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 473 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 09:14 PM

View PostGamuray, on 08 March 2016 - 07:45 PM, said:

Frozen City Night - Skirmish.

Assault Lance pit spawn. Rushed down by enemy lance every time. Assaults have to either engage and hope to be supported by a fast team and maybe not die, or take a super long detour and let their other friendlies die.

Are you done now SIR'S?

Just got out if that same map. Same situation. 3 kills and 4 kmdd before they got me. My team was wiped, assault group got all 7 kills. The other try hard didn't do squat. My statement stands.

#23 Zerberus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 08 March 2016 - 09:34 PM

This is why I only run Troll DW builds in solo PUG if at all, and generally stick to mechs like the Warhawk that can run at least 70ish.

I can´t even begin to count teh number of times I was in an atlas, DW, King Crab, activelw informed the team that we were about to be hit hard from behind, and got flamed for being the first one ddead.. alone... 400m behind the team, despite running full speed ahead from the second the match started.

As others have said, the rewards need to be reworked so that completing the objective or at least winning teh match is more rewarding thatn personal shooting performance. Otherwise this will never stop, people will continue to derp along and hang their assaults out to dry if they think they can get 1 sl shot more in, and then complain about losing the match due to "crappy assault pilots". Posted Image

Edited by Zerberus, 08 March 2016 - 09:36 PM.

#24 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 08 March 2016 - 10:08 PM

Assault Lance pit spawn. Rushed down by enemy lance every time. Assaults have to either engage and hope to be supported by a fast team and maybe not die, or take a super long detour and let their other friendlies die.

Are you done now SIR'S?

Nope. Get yer butt in the saddle and start shooting stuff. If you get the bad spawn, get on chat and tell everyone to head to B4 fast! They'll usually do it. Then you swing out from there. As long as you don't have a joke build on your whale you should be okay.

#25 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 10:31 PM

Are you done now SIR'S?

in PUGs? pfffffftttttt

#26 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 08 March 2016 - 10:34 PM

Are you done now SIR'S?

All right. Fine. I just brought out my whale in a PUG solo drop. I haven't used the thing in months. I drew Polar Highlands. Now, you'd think a whale would be screwed on highlands. It is a huge map... and a whale is slow. Doomed, right?

I did okay. What'd I do? I lead the charge.

Posted Image

I don't make this up. When I give advice, I'm serious.

#27 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 12:37 AM

View PostMole, on 08 March 2016 - 06:03 PM, said:

What is wrong with people?

Brains, mostly brains.

#28 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 12:51 AM

Are you done now SIR'S?

well i tend to turn around in the "assault" spawn in frozen city and circle behind teammates and rise to higher ground in the next slope in that situation

its not a huge hike and saves a lot of armor and nerves,and if you get attacked from behind you will draw the enemy to overextend their flank,which usually is good if you can communicate with your pugs.

#29 DrxAbstract

• The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 09 March 2016 - 01:27 AM

View PostAccused, on 08 March 2016 - 06:48 PM, said:

It's all about planning ahead and knowing where to be. There are oftentimes situations where you must commit whether your team backs you up or not.

There have been times when my team left me and I told them I wasn't going to move from my spot. I'd find a hole and make my stand there. Have to judge the situation and roll with it.

You know... This reminds me of the game you and I had a couple hours ago against my team in Tourmaline where one guy called out "Group up F6" and I said "No. Group F7, not the F6 death valley." and, well... They grouped up in F6 and got themselves slaughtered. I dont expect or demand people listen to me but when you call out the 'group-up' point to be in a widely regarded kill zone then you're asking for trouble. My point was that F7 on Tourmaline was ideal for my team because if the enemy team *you guys* had found our stragglers before we assembled then it was no big deal - Our team could have helped from a relatively defensible position. Instead, most of them rallied to the F6 spot despite my warnings and ended up getting slaughtered. Whether that specifically was due to poor piloting or position, I wouldnt know, because i went around with my personal plan and proceeded to wipe the floor with 4 people while scoring top damage, score, kills, etc. Had my team listened to me, they probably would have lived long enough for me and the two guys with me to make a noticeable difference rather than being mere footnotes.

#30 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 March 2016 - 01:36 AM

View PostTristan Winter, on 08 March 2016 - 06:33 PM, said:

Or fast mechs who engage in a scorching Nascar race, sacrificing their 3 allied assault mechs to destroy 3 enemy assault mechs and chalk it up as a personal victory.

This seems like a fair trade to me...

#31 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 09 March 2016 - 01:48 AM

View PostDavers, on 09 March 2016 - 01:36 AM, said:

This seems like a fair trade to me...

Nah, the correct move is to group with the Assaults, set up a firing line, and bury those nascaring idiots with nice hot lead, before their Assaults arrive. Just like the D4-D5 line at Caustic. Works like a charm.

#32 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 March 2016 - 01:52 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 09 March 2016 - 01:48 AM, said:

Nah, the correct move is to group with the Assaults, set up a firing line, and bury those nascaring idiots with nice hot lead, before their Assaults arrive. Just like the D4-D5 line at Caustic. Works like a charm.

Hush you with your tactics and your strategies...

:P

#33 Torgun

• 1,598 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 01:54 AM

It would help if the drop spots on some maps for the assaults was not the furthest away from the rest of the team while at the same time the closest to the enemy. Been mentioned tons of times to PGI but never addressed.

Edited by Torgun, 09 March 2016 - 01:54 AM.

#34 jss78

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 09 March 2016 - 02:02 AM

View PostSoulos, on 08 March 2016 - 06:11 PM, said:

Don't drive slow 'mechs and complain your slow. As far as the "check score" part, your right, not to important. The only important part to take from this is don't drive slow 'mechs and complain your slow. When I drive my dire and get left behind, I accept it is my fault. So should you.

Nonsense. How exactly is it the fault of a 50 km/h mech if he gets left behind by mechs speeding away at 100 km/h? What's the Dire Wolf pilot supposed to do to prevent this? Change the laws of physics?

Here's a challenge to all medium-to-fast 'mech pilots. Head for your slow movers and work with them. If just a couple of you do this, the YOLO 'tards tend to reconsider the wisdom of their NASCAR routine.

The only real measure is winning vs. losing. Winning is more likely with a your assault lance by your side, instead of by having the assault lance slaughtered and than facing the enemy 8-vs-12.

Edited by jss78, 09 March 2016 - 02:03 AM.

#35 Cow And Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 136 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 02:24 AM

The herd is only as fast as the slowest cow.

So if you want to win, you stick with your team and watch each others backs with respect.

Deal with it or loose.

And,, to the solo PUGS that think they are awesome.... Go back to CS please! Posted Image

Remember. This is WAR! Never Forget! Posted Image

Regards,
Chicken

-= XOXO =- (lol)

P.S: I like 100 ton cows!

Edited by Cow And Chicken, 09 March 2016 - 02:31 AM.

#36 DrxAbstract

• The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 09 March 2016 - 02:28 AM

View PostCow And Chicken, on 09 March 2016 - 02:24 AM, said:

The herd is only as fast as the slowest cow.

So if you want to win, you stick with your team and watch each others back with respect.

Deal with it or loose.

Remember. This is WAR! Never Forget! Posted Image

Regards,
Chicken

P.S: I like 100 ton cows!

English please. Grammar matters!

#37 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 09 March 2016 - 02:37 AM

Best one i saw was someone claiming the games P2W......because people are better than others and have more skill/modules than others.

#38 DerMaulwurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 599 posts
  • LocationPotato Tier

Posted 09 March 2016 - 02:41 AM

Are you done now SIR'S?

Every single time I spawn in that location, I ask my team for support. And in the vast majority of cases I get support.

You do have to do that in advance though. Whining afterwards gets you nowhere. To be frank, I see teams win as often as not AFTER their assaults complained about having been left to die.

EDIT:

View PostEl Bandito, on 09 March 2016 - 01:48 AM, said:

Trying to set up firing lines encourages PUGs to camp, though. And the camping teams gets wrecked most of the time.

Better move is a coordinated counter-charge by reversing the nascar.

Edited by DerMaulwurf, 09 March 2016 - 02:43 AM.

#39 SmoothCriminal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 815 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 03:06 AM

If you have 100T assaults you just group up with them at the start. Better being next to your team's 5UAC5 DWF than on the other side of the map with no support next to theirs.

Yes, speed is useful but if it only means you find their full assault lance faster (with no support) and subsequently get focussed down in 5 secs, who is really to blame?

#40 WildeKarde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 487 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 03:31 AM

I have to say soon as I start a match my first thought is where the assaults are then usually head toward them to support. Personally I'm not keen on getting to the fight first to be the one to tank against their assaults. I like to have some assaults backing me up .. I know it sound like crazy talk for a team game to have people playing as a team

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users