For all those who hate goons....

197 replies to this topic

#1 CommieGIR

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationCheyenne, WY

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:43 PM

I get it.

I really do. I've been browsing and posting on SA's forums for YEARS, since 2006 to be precise.

But lets straighten a few things out:

They do weird things and say weird things. Its a goon thing, its not going to change for MWO, never did for WoT or EvE or many many other games goons play.

They do this because you react to it. Remember what your mom told you in high school about kids you didn't like? Yeah, its like that.

The sheer amount of posts I find that are 'OMG I hate goons they are ruining the atmosphere of the game' or 'They are ruining the Battletech legacy'

Please.

YOU ARE HERE TO PLAY A GAME. I AM HERE TO PLAY WITH OR AGAINST YOU. FOR FUN.

Can we just all be friends? Can we all just play together for the FUN of it? This is not a historical reenactment, this is a game, where other people all over the world will come to have fun, regardless if they are trying to reenact REAL Battletech units or just making silly stuff up.

Now go play. And I hope we all get to play together.

Word of Lowtax is a silly thing. I should know. I coined the name. I coined it to have fun, I coined it to be silly. I coined it to get a bunch of silly people together and play a game for the fun of it. Because at the end of the day, no matter who is the top clan or merc group, I logoff the computer, I go home and work on cars, go to work for the United State DoD, go shopping, play with my 3 month old son and discuss the day with my wife, study for my physics degree, and do numerous other much more important things.

I want to play MWO to have fun. So stop trying to make it otherwise.

I look forward to seeing you all on the battlefield both along side you and against you.

Edited by CommieGIR, 13 July 2012 - 04:47 PM.

#2 Manthony Higgs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 414 posts
  • LocationMount Vernon, Washington, USA

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:46 PM

I didn't even know that there were goons here until this thread.

#3 CommieGIR

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationCheyenne, WY

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:49 PM

View PostManthony Higgs, on 13 July 2012 - 04:46 PM, said:

I didn't even know that there were goons here until this thread.

There is a huge hubub about goons, there is another thread in the off topic discussion regarding them besides mine. And there will be more.

Because for some reason it is really upsetting people. Like we are here to destroy the world.

We aren't.

Hope I get to fight with or against you soon Manthony Higgs

#4 Third Flower

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:50 PM

Those goons, I tell you, they are certainly something. They do things, at times, often in periods. They've read a website, probably, and possibly more. They really are, a group of people. Those goons, I tell you, I really do.

#5 CommieGIR

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationCheyenne, WY

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:53 PM

View PostThird Flower, on 13 July 2012 - 04:50 PM, said:

Those goons, I tell you, they are certainly something. They do things, at times, often in periods. They've read a website, probably, and possibly more. They really are, a group of people. Those goons, I tell you, I really do.

*rocks in chair*
Yep.

#6 Skadi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:57 PM

well i think the fact the thread was started by a goon will cause flaming (no offense)
although this bird you call a tetatae is actualy a kakapo bird (from prictures ive seen that yall post), gotta say, thats the probaly the coolest bird alive (the damn thing gets better than some dogs and its a parrot that dosnt fly, it ******* hops)

Edited by Skadi, 13 July 2012 - 05:06 PM.

#7 Alex Iglesias

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 131 posts
  • LocationMech Hangar

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:58 PM

I still love DOOM HOSE HOUSE, have it on DVD somewhere, bought it from Lowtax himself at a con years ago.

#8 Endless Ike

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:59 PM

ME RIKEY GOONS

#9 CommieGIR

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationCheyenne, WY

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:59 PM

View PostAlex Iglesias, on 13 July 2012 - 04:58 PM, said:

I still love DOOM HOSE HOUSE, have it on DVD somewhere, bought it from Lowtax himself at a con years ago.

I never bought it, but watched the trailer for it.

It was so stupid it was hilarious.

#10 Skadi

• 4,268 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:01 PM

View PostAlex Iglesias, on 13 July 2012 - 04:58 PM, said:

i never noticed your signature...

#11 Otto Cannon

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:03 PM

What's all this about Goons?

Posted Image

#12 Faenwulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 671 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:04 PM

Well, I've never really had contact with you since I never played Eve or WoT. (or competetive gaming in itself)

But to be qutie hoenst, from what I've seen so far, you guys aren't on my good side. And the fact that yo ufeel the need to create this thread speaks for itself, doesn't it?

Just remember: What you call having fun could ruin the game for other people. Just because you don't take this game that seriously (maybe because you are new to BT Lore?), doesn't mean everybody has to do that. Many peopel here have played the MW games for decades, knwo the TT, read the novels palyed the P&P and so on. For them, this is mor than just "a game" but somethign that has contributed greatly to their live the past 20 years or so.
And this is where the problem with "you goons" start: You're just completely on the other side of the river. And by mocking these people with "Internet Robots is Seriousness Business" you really don't make it better.

Well, my two cents.

#13 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:05 PM

Well said Commie!

I'm still waiting for that one individual to come petrol-bomb my house (yes, I know who you are) but other than those few most of the lot aren't too too bad.

#14 Kottonmouth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationCheyenne, Wyoming. AKA the Periphery

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:05 PM

View PostCommieGIR, on 13 July 2012 - 04:43 PM, said:

I get it.

I really do. I've been browsing and posting on SA's forums for YEARS, since 2006 to be precise.

They do weird things and say weird things. Its a goon thing, its not going to change for MWO, never did for WoT or EvE or many many other games goons play.

They do this because you react to it. Remember what your mom told you in high school about kids you didn't like? Yeah, its like that.

The sheer amount of posts I find that are 'OMG I hate goons they are ruining the atmosphere of the game' or 'They are ruining the Battletech legacy'

Please.

Can we just all be friends? Can we all just play together for the FUN of it? This is not a historical reenactment, this is a game, where other people all over the world will come to have fun, regardless if they are trying to reenact REAL Battletech units or just making silly stuff up.

Word of Lowtax is a silly thing. I should know. I coined the name. I coined it to have fun, I coined it to be silly. I coined it to get a bunch of silly people together and play a game for the fun of it. Because at the end of the day, no matter who is the top clan or merc group, I logoff the computer, I go home and work on cars, go to work for the United State DoD, go shopping, play with my 3 month old son and discuss the day with my wife, study for my physics degree, and do numerous other much more important things.

I look forward to seeing you all on the battlefield both along side you and against you.

I dont mind goons here. The more the better. I do however dislike Goons in my hometown. There is only one way to settle this. I demand you meet me at the Depot where we will have ourselves an ol' fashion shootout. Ill bring the whiskey... you are in charge of the tequila!

Ha!

#15 Skadi

• 4,268 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:08 PM

Equal rights for goons, i choose to support it

Edited by Skadi, 13 July 2012 - 05:08 PM.

#16 Kottonmouth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationCheyenne, Wyoming. AKA the Periphery

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:10 PM

View PostSkadi, on 13 July 2012 - 05:08 PM, said:

Equal rights for goons, i choose to support it

That was fantastic.

#17 Thaygood

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 172 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe QC

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:11 PM

View PostCommieGIR, on 13 July 2012 - 04:43 PM, said:

I get it.

Please.

Yeah...What he said, let the fun times roll.

#18 Der Pizzadieb

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:11 PM

There is a huge hubub about goons, there is another thread in the off topic discussion regarding them besides mine.

So due to the sheer amount of posts about goons in the single thread about goons there was the urgent need to create another thread about goons. Trolling much?

You surely didnt listen to your mom this time :(

Edited by Der Pizzadieb, 13 July 2012 - 05:13 PM.

#19 CommieGIR

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationCheyenne, WY

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:14 PM

View PostFaenwulf, on 13 July 2012 - 05:04 PM, said:

Well, I've never really had contact with you since I never played Eve or WoT. (or competetive gaming in itself)

But to be qutie hoenst, from what I've seen so far, you guys aren't on my good side. And the fact that yo ufeel the need to create this thread speaks for itself, doesn't it?

Just remember: What you call having fun could ruin the game for other people. Just because you don't take this game that seriously (maybe because you are new to BT Lore?), doesn't mean everybody has to do that. Many peopel here have played the MW games for decades, knwo the TT, read the novels palyed the P&P and so on. For them, this is mor than just "a game" but somethign that has contributed greatly to their live the past 20 years or so.
And this is where the problem with "you goons" start: You're just completely on the other side of the river. And by mocking these people with "Internet Robots is Seriousness Business" you really don't make it better.

Well, my two cents.

To quote a very good film: "Frankly my dear, I just don't give a damn"

I played Battletech, played it since I was 6. Still have all my minis and rulebooks. But it too was a game.

If you are saying a few hecklers are going to bring your entire universe down around you? Maybe you need to rethink WHY you play games.

Don't be the guy who throws his dice across the room because you are not playing the game 'his way' or 'the way its meant to be played'

I bear you no ill will, and will cover your back when the time comes in battle

View PostDer Pizzadieb, on 13 July 2012 - 05:11 PM, said:

So due to the sheer amount of posts about goons in the single thread about goons there was the urgent need to create another thread about goons. Trolling much?

I came here to make peace. That is all

Edited by CommieGIR, 13 July 2012 - 05:18 PM.

#20 Third Flower

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:17 PM

View PostDer Pizzadieb, on 13 July 2012 - 05:11 PM, said:

Trolling much?

Are you aware, that this way of writing was deemed so extremely offensive, that a court of 54 generals (3 starts and up only) and 107 Supreme Justices from all over the world, banned that specific phrase? The court said that "This is just about the worst way to communicate with anyone - the only proper response is a fist to the face, nuclear-powered if possible."

Are you aware of that much?

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users