#81 Oy of MidWorld

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 607 posts
  • LocationEutin Prime, -222.66:151.22

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:06 PM

View PostPat Kell, on 13 July 2012 - 06:12 PM, said:

oh and btw commieGIR, you work for the DoD and have a name like that lol...thats either incredibly funny or incredibly worrisome for our country heh, good luck to ya

I don't believe anything he says is actually true.

Edited by Oy of MidWorld, 13 July 2012 - 07:07 PM.

#82 SinnerX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:10 PM

View PostCommieGIR, on 13 July 2012 - 04:43 PM, said:

The sheer amount of posts I find that are 'OMG I hate goons they are ruining the atmosphere of the game' or 'They are ruining the Battletech legacy'

Please.

What's with the hardcore victimization going on here? I haven't seen any posts like this on these forums. Care to link to them so we can help correct this horrible injustice being done to you and your people?

#83 CommieGIR

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationCheyenne, WY

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:11 PM

View PostOy of MidWorld, on 13 July 2012 - 07:06 PM, said:

I don't believe anything he says is actually true.

Based on?

For one thing, the name is a joke. I was joking with my wife that GIR from invader zim should have a soviet flag on his chest when he goes into battle mode.

So thanks for assuming I am a communist.

I am a member of the United States Air Force, I am 2A5X3A AFSC, I work on C-130H2/H3s, DoD was just a nicer way of saying 'Enlisted' without trying to sound arrogant.

I am registered to attend a Georgian college for undergrad physics.

Too bad I am a terrible liar, stop posting in this thread if you just want to play the 'liar liar, pants on fire.' game

Edited by CommieGIR, 13 July 2012 - 07:12 PM.

#84 TheKumquat

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:13 PM

This is my favorite thread. Look at my wacky signature guys!

This smells of so much impotent pubby nerdrage. Keep it coming kiddos. =)

#85 CommieGIR

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationCheyenne, WY

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:15 PM

View PostTheKumquat, on 13 July 2012 - 07:13 PM, said:

This is my favorite thread. Look at my wacky signature guys!

This smells of so much impotent pubby nerdrage. Keep it coming kiddos. =)

But I just want to be wuved.

#86 Bloodweaver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 890 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:16 PM

Too inebriated to read through five pages of what I'm sure is nonsense, so instead I'll just give initial thoughts. If you have a reputation preceding you, and that affects your entry into new realms, the fault is not with the inhabitants of those new realms. You have the reputation for a reason - deserved, undeserved, or exaggerated, it has a verifiable cause. If you wish to counteract it, best wishes - it's going to take alot of work.

I haven't seen much goon-hatred here, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a general sense of distaste about their presence. It was certainly a factor in my choosing Marik over Liao. I doubt I'm the only person it has affected.

#87 Jukebox1986

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 666 posts
  • LocationGermany, Niedersachsen, Göttingen

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:18 PM

At least you guys never fail to amuse me. :(
So... erm... for the Lulz? :D

#88 CommieGIR

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationCheyenne, WY

View PostBloodweaver, on 13 July 2012 - 07:16 PM, said:

Too inebriated to read through five pages of what I'm sure is nonsense, so instead I'll just give initial thoughts. If you have a reputation preceding you, and that affects your entry into new realms, the fault is not with the inhabitants of those new realms. You have the reputation for a reason - deserved, undeserved, or exaggerated, it has a verifiable cause. If you wish to counteract it, best wishes - it's going to take alot of work.

I haven't seen much goon-hatred here, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a general sense of distaste about their presence. It was certainly a factor in my choosing Marik over Liao. I doubt I'm the only person it has affected.

Don't drink and read, and you'll learn more.

If you only read the end of the book, you never understand the middle and beginning.

#89 TheKumquat

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Okay guys, the joke has gone on long enough.
Here's the real story.
Back to the gooncave everyone.

Posted Image

#90 SinnerX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:20 PM

There was no goon hate here until someone decided to make a topic that said "I'm a goon stop hating me!"

#91 CommieGIR

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationCheyenne, WY

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:21 PM

View PostSinnerX, on 13 July 2012 - 07:20 PM, said:

There was no goon hate here until someone decided to make a topic that said "I'm a goon stop hating me!"

You must not get around much.

#92 latdheretic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:23 PM

Serously CommieGIR shouldn't have needed to feel the need to justify the accuracy of his claims. They where quite normal, I know several people who had been in similar situations at the age I suspect he is (early 20's).

What I am seeing here is a bunch of people getting worked up about hype and Goon Hate all the time acting in the way that they are accusing the goons of acting.

My observation is that Goons have done far less trolling than the average population of the forums, and most of it antagonizing people who are acting sensational about their presence.

You can look at this thread 2 ways: either this really is the olive branch, in that case the the offended are acting badly. or it is bait to make people into looking stupid, in which case it is succeeding amazingly. I am inclined to believe the first. Either way bad talking and dissing them as a group just looks bad.

Actually that is a pretty good rule of thumb: dissing and badmouthing anybody just looks bad.

Edit: This topic should not need to exist. Sadly it has only proven that there is irrational goon hate, both proving it's need, and demonstrating it's failure. (with no fault of the Goons)

Edited by latdheretic, 13 July 2012 - 07:25 PM.

#93 SinnerX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:23 PM

View PostCommieGIR, on 13 July 2012 - 07:21 PM, said:

You must not get around much.

I don't. Care to enlighten me?

#94 Bloodweaver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 890 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:25 PM

View PostCommieGIR, on 13 July 2012 - 07:18 PM, said:

Don't drink and read, and you'll learn more.

If you only read the end of the book, you never understand the middle and beginning.

No thanks, Brosef Stalin. I doubt there's much to learn here. Furthermore, if someone wrote and published an actual book about goons, and I happened across it in a library, I would feel quite satisfied in terminating my reading thereof at the summary on the back cover. And maybe the last page, were I especially bored. Which is not to say I'd demand it be banned or burned.

#95 Damion Sparhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 799 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:26 PM

View PostCommieGIR, on 13 July 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

Based on?

For one thing, the name is a joke. I was joking with my wife that GIR from invader zim should have a soviet flag on his chest when he goes into battle mode.

So thanks for assuming I am a communist.

I am a member of the United States Air Force, I am 2A5X3A AFSC, I work on C-130H2/H3s, DoD was just a nicer way of saying 'Enlisted' without trying to sound arrogant.

I am registered to attend a Georgian college for undergrad physics.

Too bad I am a terrible liar, stop posting in this thread if you just want to play the 'liar liar, pants on fire.' game

enlisted are people too! If he's lying he's gone to some pretty obscure lengths to come up with that job title (for those uneducated in the military job coding it basically means he works with the communications navigations and mission equipment for integrated avionics) -most- people, if they wanted to lie about their job in the military wouldn't add the 'A' at the end, since most jobs are typically only 5 digits, such as my old job 2E0X1 (the X is a number determined by your individual and progressive knowledge in the field)

#96 TheKumquat

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:26 PM

View PostSinnerX, on 13 July 2012 - 07:23 PM, said:

I don't. Care to enlighten me?

I think quite a few of the threads have been deleted. Our first real appearance on the forums was when one of our members wrote a very well thought out take on how he'd like to see Community Warfare happen, and things that could be learned from both Eve and WoT's flawed implementations. Discussion was quite good and highbrow for a while with people taking the conversation seriously until someone got sensationalist about "GOONS IN MY MWO!?" and just bombed the thread.

#97 CommieGIR

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationCheyenne, WY

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:29 PM

View PostDamion Sparhawk, on 13 July 2012 - 07:26 PM, said:

if they wanted to lie about their job in the military wouldn't add the 'A' at the end,

Yep! And I didn't even know the difference between the shreds before tech school. Needless to say, I love Comm/Nav, and would rather not be GAC, but I don't get an enlistment bonus like ECM aka C shred.

Edited by CommieGIR, 13 July 2012 - 07:32 PM.

#98 SinnerX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:31 PM

Bummer. All the proof swept under the rug by the evil community mods. I would go look for a gif of someone playing a tiny violin but I'm rapidly losing interest in thi

#99 Damion Sparhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 799 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:33 PM

View PostCommieGIR, on 13 July 2012 - 07:29 PM, said:

Yep! And I didn't even know the difference between the shreds before tech school. Needless to say, I love Comm/Nav, and would rather not be GAC, but I don't get an enlistment bonus like ECM or C shred.

I had -no- idea what I was getting into with ground radar, but I learned a lot and I miss it XD

#100 CommieGIR

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationCheyenne, WY

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:33 PM

View PostSinnerX, on 13 July 2012 - 07:31 PM, said:

Bummer. All the proof swept under the rug by the evil community mods. I would go look for a gif of someone playing a tiny violin but I'm rapidly losing interest in thi

Saved you the effort

Posted Image

Bye!

View PostDamion Sparhawk, on 13 July 2012 - 07:33 PM, said:

I had -no- idea what I was getting into with ground radar, but I learned a lot and I miss it XD

Oooooh, I was offered that at MEPS, but they talked me into Comm/Nav. Better than Open General or Open Electronics like a lot of kids in my Basic flight were, I lucked out making sure my job was secure. Ironically, I wanted Heavy Aircraft Comm/Nav because I was REALLY hoping to get into B-52s or B-1Bs. But C-130s are easy and fun to work on....until a wire breaks :(

Sadly we had a guy who was guaranteed a job doing Electronic Intelligence.....and he got the flu the LAST week of basic....and missed out on picking up his job assignment. He got Security Forces :D

Edited by CommieGIR, 13 July 2012 - 07:36 PM.

31 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 31 guests, 0 anonymous users