To The " All Light Mechs Are Op" Crowd

836 replies to this topic

#41 Thunderbird Anthares

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 01:20 PM

View PostRavenKnight86, on 11 March 2016 - 01:07 PM, said:

Ok I haven't played in a couple months but I just had to log in and say this. People are telling players like Mcgral18 that he doesn't know what he is talking about. He knows his stuff and if you don't believe it get up to his tier and find out.

tier is beyond meaningless in this game and this ranking system
anyone who waves their tier around has no clue

im not commenting on Mcgral right now, just on your "get up to his tier" comment

#42 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 11 March 2016 - 01:29 PM

View Postoccusoj, on 11 March 2016 - 01:18 PM, said:

Now all we need is a latency indicator next to the red dorito to guesstimate the amount of lead required. Or some other, better, indicator for how wrong HSR might be.
Having to lead targets with lasers is pathetic on its own.

Lol, nope, mwo doesn't work like mw3! :D
Anyway we have already an indicator in game, about quality connection between you and the terget Posted Image

My previous post was about another stuff: I think you know the difference between laser and ballistic, right?

#43 himself

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 218 posts
  • LocationRear-View Camera

Posted 11 March 2016 - 01:30 PM

The problem with some lights is having more firepower than some Heavies.

#44 Trauglodyte

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 01:39 PM

This feels like a hidden "git gud" post. Lights are hard as Hell to hit because hit reg has always been a problem and some weapons in game were built with good intentions but whose designs run counter to what they should be good at doing (SRMs and LBs). I mean, I can't do much about things when I put a 40 point Alpha into an Arctic Cheeter's legs only for it to blink and not change.

#45 Roughneck Cobra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 462 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 11 March 2016 - 01:49 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 11 March 2016 - 12:56 PM, said:

And we can't take you seriously without evidence.

"Light Mechs OP" is the poster statement for someone with poor aim.

See you in a match then, run your light, I'll pack my Mad Dogs splatter pack, lets see what happens

And to all the whiteknightlights please explain how you can stand still, take an 80+ Alphastrike whilst you are still stood still, with lasers no doubt, and just because you move an inch before the laser ends, you arent cored out and/or dead.

Please explain.

#46 Roughneck Cobra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 462 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 11 March 2016 - 01:53 PM

View PostMatt2496, on 11 March 2016 - 01:16 PM, said:

Ok, this thread addresses noobs (Most likely T5) like you making these extremely generalized statements about lights. Might I suggest to read and reread the tips section of my OP.

Amen, brotha.

Smack talk from someone who cant do a simple account check and trys claim I dont know how play because I took some months off, amazing 'Brotha' - Sorry Im not ghetto educated, is this Brother?

Edited by Stryker Ezekiel, 11 March 2016 - 01:55 PM.

#47 occusoj

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 452 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 01:53 PM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 11 March 2016 - 01:29 PM, said:

Anyway we have already an indicator in game, about quality connection between you and the terget Posted Image

Memorizing 12 names+"pings" every game is annoying, connection quality isnt always that constant and its not all that practical when mechs are under ecm and cant be targeted to see the name.

The only difference with ballistics (and SRMs) is that one has to lead for HSR-error plus TOF for them instead for HSR-error only. One of those two is easy and not really an issue as its constant.

But hitreg beeing funky has some upsides too, like missing clearly and still exploding the target.
edit: And of course it also shields some damage from me. PCCs, AC20, whole SRM barrages doing no damage isnt that uncommon.

Edited by occusoj, 11 March 2016 - 01:55 PM.

#48 RavenKnight86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 205 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 01:56 PM

Ugh I was going to type out a long reply to Stryker then just decided it wasn't worth it.

#49 Roughneck Cobra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 462 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 11 March 2016 - 01:58 PM

View PostRavenKnight86, on 11 March 2016 - 01:56 PM, said:

Ugh I was going to type out a long reply to Stryker then just decided it wasn't worth it.

Dont feel too defeated, I can type short and make an excuse too.

#50 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 11 March 2016 - 02:03 PM

View PostStryker Ezekiel, on 11 March 2016 - 01:49 PM, said:

See you in a match then, run your light, I'll pack my Mad Dogs splatter pack, lets see what happens

And to all the whiteknightlights please explain how you can stand still, take an 80+ Alphastrike whilst you are still stood still, with lasers no doubt, and just because you move an inch before the laser ends, you arent cored out and/or dead.

Please explain.

SRM36+A, a whopping 72 damage.

Yep, that'd open a Cheetah CT...assuming every missile hit the CT, and nothing missed from the 6.6M CoF of a cSRM6+A

FYI, the CT of the Cheetah, at its WIDEST chest location, is under 1.3M.
Yep.

All 3 torsi combined, from Shoulder to Shoulder, ~3.6M...the RADIUS of your CoF.

You expect a 6M CoF to mostly hit a 3M target?

No, you'll hit 140 torso IS+A alone, without counting the large arms on a Cheetah or even leg hits, let alone all outright misses.

You understand yet? Or will you continue to play the jester?

Edited by Mcgral18, 11 March 2016 - 02:07 PM.

#51 Roughneck Cobra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 462 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 11 March 2016 - 02:07 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 11 March 2016 - 02:03 PM, said:

SRM36+A, a whopping 72 damage.

Yep, that'd open a Cheetah CT...assuming every missile hit the CT, and nothing missed from the 6.6M CoF of a cSRM6+A

FYI, the CT of the Cheetah, at its WIDEST chest location, is under 1.3M.
Yep.

All 3 torsi combined, from Shoulder to Shoulder, ~3.6M...the RADIUS of your CoF.

You expect a 6M CoF to mostly hit a 3M target?

No, you'll hit 140 torso IS+A alone, without counting the large arms on a Cheetah or even leg hits, let along all out misses.

You understand yet?

You assumed thats my Anti light build, wrong, and thus proving assumption, like all your other forums posts and talking rubbish en'mass, is mute.

You play alot, I play alot, if you wanna sit and say Lights are fine, go right ahead, to alot of us though, they arent and we have the right voice it WHEN its been slipped up and made public that the company owner, is heavily biased to Lights, thus fixing them to make them essentially weaker in all combat forms, nope.

Big shame there lad, good try though, try another thread people will listen to you based on your Tier.

#52 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 02:08 PM

View PostStryker Ezekiel, on 11 March 2016 - 02:07 PM, said:

You assumed thats my Anti light build, wrong, and thus proving assumption, like all your other forums posts and talking rubbish en'mass, is mute.

You play alot, I play alot, if you wanna sit and say Lights are fine, go right ahead, to alot of us though, they arent and we have the right voice it WHEN its been slipped up and made public that the company owner, is heavily biased to Lights, thus fixing them to make them essentially weaker in all combat forms, nope.

Big shame there lad, good try though, try another thread people will listen to you based on your Tier.

Lights are fine. You are just bad.

#53 Roughneck Cobra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 462 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 11 March 2016 - 02:09 PM

#WhiteknightsUnite

#54 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 11 March 2016 - 02:11 PM

View PostStryker Ezekiel, on 11 March 2016 - 02:07 PM, said:

View PostStryker Ezekiel, on 11 March 2016 - 09:49 AM, said:

Splatdog to the face (Thats 85 Approx Alpha) at 5 meters with all missiles confirming hits visually with Artemis.

So...what?

You mean Streaks? The RNGeesus PLZ weapon?

lol, mute

Your point is moot, because it's false. You are Bad, as demonstrated by your words.
Back up your words with...ANYTHING, and you may have substance, but I've given you Math. Would you like pretty pictures too?

I hear that helps people learn.

#55 Roughneck Cobra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 462 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 11 March 2016 - 02:14 PM

I hope Russ stops listening to people like you, then the games going somewhere, cant believe the same hitreg light problem is still here after a year away, its amazing, least its got more whiteknights for it now, and Mechs dont cost the earth to buy in packs.

#56 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

View PostStryker Ezekiel, on 11 March 2016 - 02:09 PM, said:

#WhiteknightsUnite

I rarely even play light mechs, I just don't have a problem hitting them because.... you know... aim.

#57 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

View PostStryker Ezekiel, on 11 March 2016 - 02:09 PM, said:

#WhiteknightsUnite

Posted Image

#58 Mead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 338 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 02:15 PM

View PostMister Blastman, on 11 March 2016 - 09:47 AM, said:

What's your point? I'm quite aware of what words I used in my prior post...

Are you, now?

He never said "only lights have hit-reg problems" but that's how you responded, as if he was saying no other mechs had hit-reg problems. But that's not what "all" means.

#59 Roughneck Cobra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 462 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 11 March 2016 - 02:16 PM

Threads owned by Light pilots, dont bother, its just trolls defending their hitreg advantages.

#60 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 02:18 PM

View PostStryker Ezekiel, on 11 March 2016 - 02:16 PM, said:

Threads owned by Light pilots, dont bother, its just trolls defending their hitreg advantages.

Why don't you pilot a light mech against Mcgral18 or myself and see how well you do?

Your inability to kill light mechs is a personal problem dude.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users