73 replies to this topic

#61 Corrado

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 817 posts
  • Locationfinale emilia, italy

Posted 14 March 2016 - 08:49 AM

that's funny. scrows can pull out 13 energy hardpoints or 6 energy 5 missile and so on. DWF can pull out 6 ballistics+9/10 energy... just 2 examples.

what clan battlemechs got? highlander with 1 ballistic, 3 energy, 3 missile, orion-c with 2 ballistics 2 energy 1 missile...

really. no. there are really few clan battlemechs with decent hardpoints and ZERO quirks.

#62 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 14 March 2016 - 09:15 AM

View Postbrroleg, on 12 March 2016 - 12:06 PM, said:

">" means "better>worse" yes i think here is many people that may dont understand it

In 2 words: Buff Omnimechs.

No.

Only 3 of the 4 Clan Battlemechs are exceptionally good, save for the Lowlander IIC (At least to me).

You wanna buff clan mechs that can swap omnipods and literally have the same exact builds regardless of the variant? That's a big no no for me.

View PostCorrado, on 14 March 2016 - 08:49 AM, said:

that's funny. scrows can pull out 13 energy hardpoints or 6 energy 5 missile and so on. DWF can pull out 6 ballistics+9/10 energy... just 2 examples.

what clan battlemechs got? highlander with 1 ballistic, 3 energy, 3 missile, orion-c with 2 ballistics 2 energy 1 missile...

really. no. there are really few clan battlemechs with decent hardpoints and ZERO quirks.

Hunchback IIC and Jenner IIC being two of them. The Orion IIC has some low slung hardpoints but to me is made up in agility via a big engine.

#63 brroleg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 245 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 14 March 2016 - 09:17 AM

You wanna buff clan mechs that can swap omnipods and literally have the same exact builds regardless of the variant?

In other thread someone suggested to add new omnipods with different set of hardpoints. This will be good buff without actual "buff"

here http://mwomercs.com/..._20__p__5076112

Edited by brroleg, 14 March 2016 - 09:19 AM.

#64 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 09:18 AM

View PostMalachy Karrde, on 13 March 2016 - 04:55 PM, said:

I'm tier 2 at the moment dear...and I just killed 3 lights in a row who were just as arrogant as you lol. I'll be looking for you though Posted Image

Tier 2 huh...

You do know you get Tier 3 players in some of your matches you know >.>

View PostTamCoan, on 14 March 2016 - 07:52 AM, said:

The only origins mech I really enjoy is the orion. The jenner is fun but seems very fragile compared to other lights. The hunchback is just paper, coupled with mostly torso hard-points so it can't shoot well up or down. (try taking out a uav with that thing...) The highlander, well it speaks for itself.

While I thought they were going to be better than omnimechs, they aren't. They have plenty of weaknesses to make up for the clantech advantage in a battlemech.

Orion IIC is my Favorite of the 4, the Jenner 2nd, Hunchback 3rd, and Highlander... last :D

And to illustrate your last sentence, this is very true and this can't be put in simpler words.

#65 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 14 March 2016 - 09:20 AM

View PostScout Derek, on 14 March 2016 - 09:15 AM, said:

You wanna buff clan mechs that can swap omnipods and literally have the same exact builds regardless of the variant? That's a big no no for me.

Considering that you can only drive one mech at a time, why on earth is that relevant to game balance???

#66 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 09:22 AM

View Postbrroleg, on 14 March 2016 - 09:17 AM, said:

In other thread someone suggested to add new omnipods with different set of hardpoints. This will be good buff without actual "buff"

That's the better solution, why give quirks when hardpoints are a better alternative?

Per say, it'd be like a battlemech, why quirk just one variant of a chassis which could cause bad balancing when you can introduce a new variant with different hardpoints that satisfies the requirements of what people want.

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 14 March 2016 - 09:20 AM, said:

Considering that you can only drive one mech at a time, why on earth is that relevant to game balance???

One word, rather two that is: Community Warfare

for the clans in CW, you can have 3 Stormcrows with the same, exact, build. Per say, that means I can have 3 Streakcrows, hell, 4 streakcrows considering 2 stormcrows are 110 tons.

Or how about 3 Timberwolfs with 3 mediums and 2 Large pulse with jump jets?

Edited by Scout Derek, 14 March 2016 - 09:23 AM.

#67 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 09:26 AM

View PostScout Derek, on 14 March 2016 - 09:22 AM, said:

One word, rather two that is: Community Warfare

for the clans in CW, you can have 3 Stormcrows with the same, exact, build. Per say, that means I can have 3 Streakcrows, hell, 4 streakcrows considering 2 stormcrows are 110 tons.

Or how about 3 Timberwolfs with 3 mediums and 2 Large pulse with jump jets?

How about the fact that it entirely possible to buy multiple of the same mech variant for CW anyway? I own 2 BJ-3s, 2 TDR-5SS, 2 BNC-3Ms and 2 GHR-5Ps....

the ONLY thing that matters for mech balancing is what that single mech at one time can do in a match. Anything outside the match is just convenience.

Edited by Widowmaker1981, 14 March 2016 - 09:28 AM.

#68 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 09:29 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 14 March 2016 - 09:26 AM, said:

How about the fact that it entirely possible to buy multiple of the same mech variant for CW anyway? I own 2 BJ-3s, 2 TDR-5SS, 2 BNC-3Ms and 2 GHR-5Ps....

Even then, it's bad. It allows people who are leveling mechs to use same builds (I'm still talking clan mechs Right now) instead of the IS, who, if they want to level their mech and use it in CW, have to, like the clans, use a different variant, but lack the advantage of changing hardpoints to satisfy the player's playstyle.

#69 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 09:31 AM

View PostScout Derek, on 14 March 2016 - 09:29 AM, said:

Even then, it's bad. It allows people who are leveling mechs to use same builds (I'm still talking clan mechs Right now) instead of the IS, who, if they want to level their mech and use it in CW, have to, like the clans, use a different variant, but lack the advantage of changing hardpoints to satisfy the player's playstyle.

People leveling mechs in CW are not relevant to mech balancing.

You are advocating that mechs should be worse, because they are more convenient, which at endgame (when you have all the mechs you want, all the money you need and no leveling to do) is irrelevant.

#70 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 09:35 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 14 March 2016 - 09:31 AM, said:

People leveling mechs in CW are not relevant to mech balancing.

You are advocating that mechs should be worse, because they are more convenient, which at endgame (when you have all the mechs you want, all the money you need and no leveling to do) is irrelevant.

Just how many people are at endgame? I would say a little under a tenth of the people that play this game are at endgame, which most, spend $

I do too, but the thing is, I don't play everyday, I don't spend the most and nor do I care that you say I advocate that mechs in all should be worse, I'm saying that omnimechs in general, should not be quirked, not all of them, but a majority should not be.

Most, if not all mechs are not bad, the pilot usually is, and if someone blames a mech for being bad, they better have a hellva reason on why it's bad.

#71 Lugh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 09:48 AM

View Postbrroleg, on 12 March 2016 - 01:04 PM, said:

So Jenner IIC is better, cause all light is need is firepower. See, "origins" mechs is better in 2 main categories - light and assault.

Nope. ACH is still better. Jenner IIC is derp better because it packs some bigger boom and can prey on clueless heavies and assaults, but overall ACH does it better.

The Highlander IIC is not better than ANY of the other Clan assaults. It might be as good as Mr Gargs. But even that's a stretch.

Hunchback IIC is ~ = the stormcrow, for it's variability in build options, but the SCR is better overall with little thought needing to be put in to it.

The Onion, is stinky and while 'good' is only as 'good' as the Hellbringer (which is ten tons lighter). It's not even in the same league as the TBR.

#72 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 09:54 AM

View PostLugh, on 14 March 2016 - 09:48 AM, said:

Nope. ACH is still better. Jenner IIC is derp better because it packs some bigger boom and can prey on clueless heavies and assaults, but overall ACH does it better.

The Highlander IIC is not better than ANY of the other Clan assaults. It might be as good as Mr Gargs. But even that's a stretch.

Hunchback IIC is ~ = the stormcrow, for it's variability in build options, but the SCR is better overall with little thought needing to be put in to it.

The Onion, is stinky and while 'good' is only as 'good' as the Hellbringer (which is ten tons lighter). It's not even in the same league as the TBR.

Arctic Cheetah is Overall better, however, the Jenner IIC does have two advantages, and only two IMO.

1. It can equip a XL 315, which tops it off at 156 KPH, a 10KPH+ more than the cheetah.

2. As you've said, Derp power being only 1 variant, the Jenner IIC (O) (I use O to clarify the 1st variant.)

I can agree on the Highlander IIC, but I don't even think it's on the level of Senor Gargoyle.

Hunchback IIC, yep ~ to a crow just about.

and the Onion, well, he's a pretty above average heavy, not as good as a Timberwolf but able to carry a heavier pay load to match the Timber's agility.

#73 Lugh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 09:59 AM

View PostScout Derek, on 14 March 2016 - 09:54 AM, said:

Arctic Cheetah is Overall better, however, the Jenner IIC does have two advantages, and only two IMO.

1. It can equip a XL 315, which tops it off at 156 KPH, a 10KPH+ more than the cheetah.

2. As you've said, Derp power being only 1 variant, the Jenner IIC (O) (I use O to clarify the 1st variant.)

I can agree on the Highlander IIC, but I don't even think it's on the level of Senor Gargoyle.

Hunchback IIC, yep ~ to a crow just about.

and the Onion, well, he's a pretty above average heavy, not as good as a Timberwolf but able to carry a heavier pay load to match the Timber's agility.

But sadly that heavier payload is often across three weapons systems which isn't as Derp friendly as 2 weapon systems.

Or even just one weapons system. It always amazes me the trouble people have with judging different systems mixed.

#74 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 10:02 AM

View PostLugh, on 14 March 2016 - 09:59 AM, said:

But sadly that heavier payload is often across three weapons systems which isn't as Derp friendly as 2 weapon systems.

Or even just one weapons system. It always amazes me the trouble people have with judging different systems mixed.

I can say this is true very much, but to me, for some reason, I've always liked 3 mediums, 3 SRM6+A and a UAC/20 in my Orion IIC (O). I just like it because I can either Alpha with all my weapons, or fire the SRMs and UAC/20 while using the mediums as backup weapons as necessary.

And for the judging, it amazes me too at times.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users