164 replies to this topic

#61 Qualtain

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 28 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta, Canada

Posted 15 March 2016 - 12:25 PM

I believe that having the dropships to prevent attackers from camping did make CW better. Cowering under said dropships after a 1-9 - 12 first wave is against the idea. They were put there to prevent a currently winning team from camping spawns and actually give defenders a chance to move before dying.

Why not have it so if the defenders are currently winning a select amount of the lasers are "Turned off". This way it is still a defensible position, but you don't have up to 21 LL all focusing on 1 vulnerable location.

Going even further into it (probably too far) it could be tuned to turn of more laser the further ahead the defenders are. Or, just say if they are winning, turn of all the lasers.

#62 MaxFool

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 339 posts
  • LocationHelsinki, Finland

Posted 15 March 2016 - 12:26 PM

View PostWindscape, on 15 March 2016 - 09:01 AM, said:

but if im a pug against a 12 man it is probably the only tactic you can use to put up a good fight.

No, it doesn't give a good fight. It's not an effort to win the match, but to lose it as slowly as possible. Losing as slowly as possible has nothing to do with trying to win, let alone giving a good fight.

#63 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 756 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 12:28 PM

yea that too, but i still like to get a good fight, after all, the true purpose of the game is to have fun, right?

something tells me i may be wrong

#64 Soulos

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 12:57 PM

While I understand both sides of this, lets agree it's still better then attackers seeing a 12 man and just sitting outside to tie them up for the full 30min

#65 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 15 March 2016 - 01:11 PM

All PGI needs to do is change the tiebreaker of killing omega to favor the attacker (and not the defender as it stands now). This way, defenders cannot just simply sit in their spawn from the beginning of the match and force the attackers to go into the dropzone after taking omega and still score 0-0.

This would at least solve the problem of defenders not even attempting to leave dropzone from the start of the game. Pitched. Battles where teams attempt to retreat to dropzones after gaining kill lead is a different story

Edited by Vxheous Kerensky, 15 March 2016 - 01:11 PM.

#66 Spider00x

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 348 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 15 March 2016 - 01:15 PM

The drop zone should have ZERO strategic value beyond being a place you spawn. I cant tell you how annoying it is when a loosing team in either Taiga or Arboreal vault just sits and snipes/ LRMs from the drop zone when they start loosing forcing you to push into the drop zone to attack them. OR doing what has been described above by camping the drop zone once getting the kill lead in a match.

I firmly believe if you decide you do not want to alter the drop zones by making it impossible to snipe/ hide in them you should treat the drop zone as an Out-of-Bounds area if your mech stays inside of it for more than lets say 1min. I understand the need for a 12 man to respawn before you push out if your getting beaten badly but the solution cannot be to simply just sit in there. It drags out games when I know the enemy team has just given up and just feels content to PPC snipe me from the drop zone and not even attempt to engage me.

AND YES before all you nay sayers jump all over me for simply not just pushing the drop zone, I understand we can push the drop zone and often do we just get beat up in the process from ER lasers from the ships and then have to muster another wave of mechs to push in again to finish the job THUS dragging out a game that was already over 10mins ago.

Grim Portico, Vitric, and Hellbore spawns are arguably decent in its implementation, Sulfurous, Taiga, and Arboreal I would say need some attention or at least pushed further away from the objectives.

#67 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 08:01 PM

View PostSoulos, on 15 March 2016 - 12:57 PM, said:

While I understand both sides of this, lets agree it's still better then attackers seeing a 12 man and just sitting outside to tie them up for the full 30min

I agree, but they both stem from cowardice and an unwillingness to, you know, play the damn video game

#68 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 08:07 PM

Campers mostly lose anyway
Regardless of the game mode
CW, Solo or group Q's

They camp cw spawns cuz they fear your team and think its the only way they stand a chance

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 15 March 2016 - 08:09 PM.

#69 Surn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 15 March 2016 - 08:20 PM

When you make clan mechs too OP, IS players have to resort to cheap tactics to win.

#70 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 08:33 PM

View PostMechregSurn, on 15 March 2016 - 08:20 PM, said:

When you make clan mechs too OP, IS players have to resort to cheap tactics to win.

Good thing they are not OP and as such there's no really good reason to play cheap.

Happy to be back in the IS, can bring a stronger deck for most maps. If you're having a problem beating Clans then I recommend changing your builds and your strategies.

#71 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 March 2016 - 03:06 AM

View PostChef Kerensky, on 14 March 2016 - 10:26 PM, said:

We made dropship strong and now player hides by dropship?? Buh?? Who could have seen this coming? - blind man

Posted Image

#72 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 16 March 2016 - 06:51 AM

As one of the Official Ambassadors of House Kurita, Dear Coordinator has sent me to convey his disappointment in you. The message is visual and should be enacted on immediately.

Posted Image

#73 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 10:52 PM

Clan Mech is too strong?
A fool sees what is not there
I say ha ha ha

#74 Jamie4red

• Pip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 18 posts
  • LocationCanada, Ontario

Posted 16 March 2016 - 11:22 PM

Posted Image

#75 Surn

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 16 March 2016 - 11:24 PM

Fools rejecting reality ... I drink your tears!

#76 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 11:25 PM

View PostMechregSurn, on 16 March 2016 - 11:24 PM, said:

Fools rejecting reality ... I drink your tears!

The ironing is palpable.

#77 Surn

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

View PostJamie4red, on 16 March 2016 - 11:22 PM, said:

Posted Image

and?

Are you trying to show that a team with more clan mechs and more tonnage beat a team with only 1 clan mech and less tonnage?

Edited by MechregSurn, 16 March 2016 - 11:39 PM.

#78 Jamie4red

• Pip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 18 posts
  • LocationCanada, Ontario

1v1 me

#79 Surn

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 16 March 2016 - 11:42 PM

Who is in what mech? Do I get the easy mode clan mech?

#80 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 12:00 AM

View PostMechregSurn, on 16 March 2016 - 11:42 PM, said:

Who is in what mech? Do I get the easy mode clan mech?

I'm sure Jamie will agree to that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users