56 replies to this topic

#41 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 27 May 2016 - 08:41 PM

Lol yup. Plus i think you guys took my post as seriousness.....

#42 Harper Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 200 posts
  • Locationwashington state

Posted 27 May 2016 - 08:58 PM

The Ebon Keshik Idea was that the IlKhan has his own Personal guard, a special force drawn from all Clans that maintains order in the capital city of all the Clans, Katyusha . Their area of responsibility includes the Clans' master genetic repository that dominates the city and the Svoboda Zemyla, the great park that surrounds the Hall of Khans complex all fall under the authority of the highly respected Ebon Keshik.
The RP idea was that the IlKhan took Clan Wolfs Epsilon Galaxy, in a further effort to hobble Clan Wolf during the Invasion, and incorporated it into the Ebon Keshik . Epsilon Galaxy (or EPSI) would then be used by the IlKhan to supplement any one of he Invading Clans that needed it. Taken from all the Clans and Loyal to the IlKhan EPSI was meant to be able to fight in all 4 of the invasion corridors.
EPSI split into two units and one took the Name Ebon Keshik, those that were left in EPSI or Epsilon Galaxy have since merged with Clan Goliath Scorpion International (CGSI) and became Wolf Loyalists.
The Current Ebon Keshik is taking contracts from all 4 of the invading Clans like our original idea was.

#43 Harper Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 200 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 09:19 PM

actually It does make them Clan, not an individual Clan Loyalist but Loyal to All the Clans.
In the Novels and Lore IlKhan Showers was bent on hobbling Clan wolf, He took their Flagship as his own. So RPing that he taks and entire Galaxy from wolf fits. Also it would be a bit of a Dishonor for any one of the Invading Clans to need help and the IlKhan having his own Galaxy to do as such is not the much of a stretch. we know he eventually brings in CNC,CSV,CDS in to further beef up the invading Clans.
With how PGI has totally butchered the Cannon Timeline for MWO having the IlKhan have a galaxy at his disposal and under his command is not that great of a stretch..

Note: The Clans did in fact 'Contract' with each other for many different endeavors, such 'Contracts" were not for any individuals profit but usually for the 'Contracting' Clans. Now I am not saying the Clans act as Mercs/houses but have their own system for Contracting.

and yes I also understand we all have our own interpretation of clan lore.

I myself am not a member of EK but CGSI, however I was one of the founders of the Idea for the unit.

Edited by Harper Steel, 27 May 2016 - 09:20 PM.

#44 Carimm Wolf

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 37 posts
  • LocationNorth West Indiana

Posted 27 May 2016 - 10:30 PM

Thank you Harper. You should pop over sometime to chat with us again sometime.

#45 Daidachi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 461 posts
  • LocationThe Andromeda Initiative

Posted 28 May 2016 - 12:51 AM

Also the attempts to shout 'zomg lore' at EK or other units that are doing nothing more than saying 'hey, we won't be taking IS contracts, so if that's your schtick we're not for you' is hilarious.

This is

A.) A video game, not an RPG - quite frankly Victor Steiner-Davion moping about another woman like he's Rand Al'Thor version 2.0 is not appealing to me.

and

B.) A game that so wildly veered away from canon at the outset that there is literally no point trying to argue for it.

Is it fun for the players in it? If so, what's the issue?

<3 Carimm. Good to see you about again man.

#46 Harper Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 200 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 11:30 AM

incorrect:

In fact Clan Blood Spirit Contracted with Clan Wolf to send a Star of warriors to the Inner Sphere
CGB contracted to both CDS and CSR for the use of Warships, jumpships,dropships, and used garrison forces.
CJF contracted with CSV for garrison forces

it is actually a common occurrence for Clans to Contract with other clans for the use of ANY type of resource, it fits into their wastnot-wantnot mentality

it is just that we as real people have been so ingrained with the "Clans do not ever use mercenaries" mentality that it is difficult to not see any dealings/contracts between clans as anything other that the Way IS houses contract mercs.

You are absolutely right that Clan HATE mercs or sellswords but Clans do in fact use contracts for the use and trading of ALL their resources including ,military assets.

and you say "No unit commander would do that"
Hypothetically speaking if CJF contracted CSV for the use of Garrison forces the Garrison commander would most likely see the posting as a way to gain honor at the expense of CJF by doing the Falcons garrisoning better that the falcons would have done it... It would have been a small admission of need from CJF to do such....

And as I said I realize we all have our own interpretations of the Clans.

And I am not in EK
I am a Proud Goliath Scorpion Officer

#47 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 28 May 2016 - 11:36 AM

JGx threads on Reddit and now this thread.....

Posted Image

Edited by Vxheous Kerensky, 28 May 2016 - 11:37 AM.

#48 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 28 May 2016 - 12:06 PM

You lead a pretty sad life if this is interesting for you. Also, the main problem I believe is the wording. Mercenaries do stuff for profit, not to help side or pursue ethical/political or whatever goals for themselves. The clans are more akin to the axis of WW2. Where Romania, Bulgaria and Hungary(to name a few) would lend troops, resources, whatever to accomplish goals for the Reich. In exchange they were given, land, favours, manufactured outputs. The main reason this was done was not greed per se but to enhance there sides ability to win. Also, discussion done. Next time read a fckin dictionary instead.

#49 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 28 May 2016 - 01:44 PM

Lemme get THIS train back on the rails.

Ebon Keshik is led by some competent and experienced competitive personnel. I know this personally because I trained with them.

And I fought against them.

If you're up against Ebon Keshik, prepare for Normandy. Because that's exactly what it feels like when that gate opens up! Especially if RG Wolf is on the other side commanding the defense!

Join Ebon Keshik, and see firsthand what the wolf's teeth can do for you!

#50 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 28 May 2016 - 02:19 PM

View PostNaglinator, on 28 May 2016 - 12:06 PM, said:

You lead a pretty sad life if this is interesting for you. Also, the main problem I believe is the wording. Mercenaries do stuff for profit, not to help side or pursue ethical/political or whatever goals for themselves. The clans are more akin to the axis of WW2. Where Romania, Bulgaria and Hungary(to name a few) would lend troops, resources, whatever to accomplish goals for the Reich. In exchange they were given, land, favours, manufactured outputs. The main reason this was done was not greed per se but to enhance there sides ability to win. Also, discussion done. Next time read a fckin dictionary instead.

This directed at me? I find this amusing because of so many people trying to equate the lore to this video game. I mean, I enjoy the lore of Battletech as campy as it is, but this is a game. Who cares if Ebon Keshik wants to claim they are a Wolf galaxy supplanted by ilKhan Leo Showers, or ilKhan Prepaid Lenin, or whoever else claims they are ilKhan. RG can take his unit wherever he wishes to go, and play however he and his unit wants to play.

The lore roleplay is amusing once people take it too far, as if they themselves are Trueborn warriors, genetically engineered to work at Walmart. If 3/4 of the lore nuts actually spent as much time on playing the game as they do arguing the finer points of lore, they would get rolled 48-12 a lot less in CW/FW/whatever the **** PGI is calling it this week.

Edited by Vxheous Kerensky, 28 May 2016 - 02:23 PM.

#51 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 28 May 2016 - 03:42 PM

The only part directed to you was that it's sad you find this interesting. The other part is an impartial break down of the wording used. Lol WORDING people wording. I dont think anyone has attacked the player base of the EK. Just the wording. I don't a pugs butt what people do, call themselves, act or whatever. Filthy freebirths, read.

#52 Agent1190

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 469 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 29 May 2016 - 04:35 AM

View PostNaglinator, on 28 May 2016 - 03:42 PM, said:

The only part directed to you was that it's sad you find this interesting. The other part is an impartial break down of the wording used. Lol WORDING people wording. I dont think anyone has attacked the player base of the EK. Just the wording. I don't a pugs butt what people do, call themselves, act or whatever. Filthy freebirths, read.

You obviously DO care because you are actually commenting (and responding, and responding, and responding) on the "wording" of a post. Maybe you care a little too much.

It's a game. We're gamers. This is entertainment. Just let it GOOOOOOOOO.......

#53 Harper Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 200 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 02:08 PM

I did not intend my statement to cause any trouble but a simple explanation of the EKs RP backstory for being who they are. Most units have some sort of RP to fit into the Btech universe and since PGI has ripped the timeline/lore to shreds many of us have wrote story's and history's for our units,( that didn't sound right.)

I appreciate the feedback and always respect others point of View and as the Btech universe means so much to so many of us, and as such I am not surprised at peoples empathetic arguing their point of view .

Play well and shoot straight
:)

#54 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:53 AM

You know what?

SHUT UP!

Like I told people on the paintball field, let your guns do the talking, not your mouths!

You want to give lip service? Damnit, throw down the gauntlet and call for a trial of grievance!

#55 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 02:57 PM

View PostNaglinator, on 28 May 2016 - 12:06 PM, said:

So...we are the {Godwin's Law} and we are forcing (yes,forcing) other nations to give to us their workers, raw materials etc.....Ahhh, I'm just going to let this one go :)

Because I like you!

#56 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 05 July 2016 - 03:34 PM

Freebirths are a commodity just like any other thing. The isorla we get (workers, materials, etc) is all good in the name of clan continuation.

#57 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 09:25 PM

RG Wolf, I appreciate you continually inviting me to your drop team when I pop online. It's nice to see an invite in the Alerts column from you. :)

I'll see if I can make it a point to pop in more often.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users