Positive Thread About Archer Being Deleted?

Metagame

23 replies to this topic

#1 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 17 March 2016 - 02:49 PM

Ok so I notice a thread that was posted earlier today stating something about how the poster's opinion was in fact that he/she thought that the Archer was a good and or capable mech. Last I saw this thread which title was something like " Archer is actually good" had alotted something like 3ish pages of responses and that was at 12pm.
Now it seems to have been deleted off of the forum for reasons unbeknownst to me. Seems odd as about every other post in general has been about bashing the Archer.

That's all fine and dandy. That's not my dilemma. My issue is that I offered the OP a basic pack, as he had stated he did not have an archer (opinion piece, which is allowed) because I thought his thread was a novel approach instead of one that goes down the typical avenue we see when a mech comes out. I want to honor my offer, so if you read this and it's you post on here. Now can't remember his exact handle, but I will know it when I see it.
kk ciao

#2 0bsidion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 03:08 PM

I doubt it was deleted. If it got thoroughly derailed and/or turned into a flame war more than likely it got locked and/or moved. Just go under Profile/Forum Profile, and click on the Posts link under your avatar. You should probably be able to find it there, where ever it went.

#3 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,724 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 17 March 2016 - 03:16 PM

Positive Archer reviews c'mon it's just......
Posted Image

#4 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 17 March 2016 - 03:17 PM

Good archer reviews will be trolled until it goes to k town !!! Hehe

#5 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 03:25 PM

The Archer isn't a terrible mech it just isn't outstanding either. The Rifleman was better received.

#6 Otto Cannon

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 March 2016 - 03:29 PM

Oh dear. That thread was an alt account troll thread. Did you not guess from statements like the OP saying it was fine defensively because he kept missing it with projectile weapons even though he's a good shot?

You seem like a nice person and it's unfortunate that your good intentions are aimed at someone who was laughing at you and simply trying to cause forum arguments.

#7 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 17 March 2016 - 03:32 PM

Well in that case...

#8 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 17 March 2016 - 03:33 PM

I think the Archer has been poorly received because, the only way to make it good is to make it SRM based, when its very good, which defeats the purpose of the Archer.

Coupled with its lame LRM quirks for a weapon system people say is bad, which are worse quirks than the Stalker, minus the misery and the one they gave large laser quirks to, plus PGI saying wrong quirks were used, and will be fixed, doing nothing about them and saying they will be reviewed only.

That is why people are being very negative about the Archer.

#9 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 17 March 2016 - 03:40 PM

View PostCathy, on 17 March 2016 - 03:33 PM, said:

I think the Archer has been poorly received because, the only way to make it good is to make it SRM based, when its very good, which defeats the purpose of the Archer.

Coupled with its lame LRM quirks for a weapon system people say is bad, which are worse quirks than the Stalker, minus the misery and the one they gave large laser quirks to, plus PGI saying wrong quirks were used, and will be fixed, doing nothing about them and saying they will be reviewed only.

well, the fact it's not even "very good" at SRM based because it's hitboxes are terribad and it has no structure buff, like say..the Warhammer or Marauder to help.

270 meter range, moderately slow mech, fragile hitboxes you can hit from any angle.... sure a couple of them can bring some heat, but they don't last very long.

#10 Ron Kramer

• PipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 47 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGrand rapids

Posted 17 March 2016 - 03:42 PM

I'm not fond of it so far. I think it's a nice looking mech. Though the name Archer implies - "distant attack as a archer would in a cable battle". Still one shot can kill a archer... so maybe that's why it's armor is so weak. On a good note, when I'm in my dire wolf I attach the archers first since I know they're a fast kill. MY archers remind me of lights-pole and run, however the archer isn't very fast. = ( I had some mixed results with them and went back to my favorites. KODIAK may show more promise since I prefer heavy and assults.

#11 Felbombling

• 2,978 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 17 March 2016 - 03:51 PM

View PostCathy, on 17 March 2016 - 03:33 PM, said:

I wonder how many packs PGI saved by stating that the quirks were released early and they would be revised... only to have nothing change as people unpacked their bundles on Tuesday? That's some dirty pool, right there.

#12 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 17 March 2016 - 03:59 PM

Ok Ya Cathy, that is very true about the quirks. I mean on one hand if PGI's intention is to stand their ground and put out a lesser quirked mech, I could understand that. But they did in fact imply that it was going to be revised. Almost forgot about it. Bishops post comes to mind.

#13 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 17 March 2016 - 04:59 PM

When you put out two Mechs in a series and they have the same hardpoints and tonnage but one has considerably weaker quirks...

...someone's gonna be disappointed in a hurry. Rightfully.

Silly me to think an Archer would be better with missiles than a Warhammer. I mean, no common sense amiright?

#14 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,724 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 17 March 2016 - 05:11 PM

This is the Dawn of the "Care Bear Battlemechs" or I like to them Battlemehs.
Mark my words.
Posted Image
Oh almost forgot.....
Posted Image

#15 ExplicitContent

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 336 posts
  • LocationSolaris Arena

Posted 17 March 2016 - 05:13 PM

If its the thread I am thinking of, It was called "Archer is better than you think"

The first sentence of it established the OP as a non archer owner that proceeded to explain why the mech he/she has never piloted is good...

Was not well received

#16 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 17 March 2016 - 07:56 PM

View PostJackalBeast, on 17 March 2016 - 03:32 PM, said:

Well in that case...

In that case, gift me the Archer pack. After all, I said this.

View PostEl Bandito, on 16 March 2016 - 12:47 PM, said:

Buy me the Archer pack and I will show you positive WLR and KDR in T1 matches by LRM boating. Posted Image

As long as the mech has 4-5 missile hardpoints, with enough tonnage, I can make magic with LRMs.

#17 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 17 March 2016 - 08:02 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 17 March 2016 - 07:56 PM, said:

In that case, gift me the Archer pack. After all, I said this.

Don't do it! It's a trap! He'll just put a bandito bigote on it........

#18 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 17 March 2016 - 08:44 PM

Can't tell if you're serious bandito... Sent you a friend request

#19 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 17 March 2016 - 08:49 PM

View PostJackalBeast, on 17 March 2016 - 08:44 PM, said:

Can't tell if you're serious bandito... Sent you a friend request

Got your friend request. Forumites can attest that when it comes to boating LRMs, I am all business.

#20 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 17 March 2016 - 08:52 PM

Ok I got you man.. put it to good use.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users