183 replies to this topic

#1 Wanderer of the Mists

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 89 posts
  • LocationAlabama UAS

Posted 23 March 2016 - 06:01 PM

Is it just me or dose it seem that in faction play IS mechs are hitting harder than than Clan I've been playing both Faction play and standard with the same mech and in faction play i pretty much melt in 5 seconds and do no damage to them even with double PPCs. Is it just me or are others having issues with this?

#2 Hobotorius Augustus Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 98 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 06:04 PM

View PostNomadWolf991, on 23 March 2016 - 06:01 PM, said:

Is it just me or dose it seem that in faction play IS mechs are hitting harder than than Clan I've been playing both Faction play and standard with the same mech and in faction play i pretty much melt in 5 seconds and do no damage to them even with double PPCs. Is it just me or are others having issues with this?

It's just you unfortunately. Good luck.

#3 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 March 2016 - 06:05 PM

It's not just you. Balance is heavily favouring IS at the moment.

#4 Charles Sennet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 387 posts
  • LocationCurrently obscured by ECM

Posted 23 March 2016 - 06:12 PM

Not just you. Objectively IS has better: 1) DPS with shorter laser durations and better heat management, 2) Pinpoint Weapons as their AC's don't spread damage, and 3) Durability with massive armor and structure quirks.

#5 Hobotorius Augustus Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 98 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 06:17 PM

Posted Image

#6 Sputty

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 153 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 06:21 PM

Remember. Whenever you lose it is not your fault. The balance is against you. They are ******** metamechers and have no lives and are probably 12 years old. Never forget these basic facts of mechwarrior online.

#7 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 06:22 PM

Yup. Every match we win comes courtesy of abusively overquirked mechs. There are no good clan mechs. There's really nothing you can do about it, I'm sorry to say.

#8 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 06:28 PM

Just you. The biggest problem is that Clan was stupid OP for 2 years, now that it's balanced it feels "weak".

2xuac10+2 or 3 cermls is brutal and cool. Clan laservomit is still flat out superior. Jenner to TBR a birthday SRM loadout is two licks to the center of lost lollipops. Clpl is best weapon in the game overall, hands down. 600m, great damage for the heat?

If you're losing it's largely because most the units are in IS right now. Firing lines are not a product of tech balance but player ability.

Go drop on MS TS, they're in CSJ right now and you'll see what winning as Clans looks like. If AWOL is back go drop with them if you can.

When people say "the other side is OP" at this point it's generally a skill issue. Just finished the mech bay tour, got rank 6 in all the Clans. It's a skill issue.

#9 Richter Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 601 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 06:37 PM

Basically if you play IS mechs you are violating the TOS.

#10 Kerc Kasha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 103 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 06:44 PM

#11 Tasker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 06:45 PM

It's true. IS mechs are OP!

And there's nothing you can do! Ha Ha Ha Ha! Nothing you can do! ******** online quirks!!!

Die, clanner.

#12 Wanderer of the Mists

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 89 posts
  • LocationAlabama UAS

Posted 23 March 2016 - 07:11 PM

You IS guy must tell me how the haterade tastes. Its really off putting when in quick play i don't melt from an IS LL at max range but in Faction play I do but seeing as its just me i guess ill just keep playing and going oh wait a month back it felt more balanced but now Clan cant even leave drop without being slagged. But its just me ^^

#13 Tasker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 07:13 PM

No, like I said, it is not just you. It's absolutely not just you.

IS mechs are extremely overpowered and there is nothing you can do about it. Ha Ha Ha Ha.

Here, this instructional song will help you understand:

#14 Carl Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 23 March 2016 - 07:14 PM

Balance is the best it has ever been, only 1 real step left, normalize IS XL's with clans.

Both sides have their advantages and when either side plays to those advantages they win.

#15 Wanderer of the Mists

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 89 posts
  • LocationAlabama UAS

Posted 23 March 2016 - 07:18 PM

View PostTasker, on 23 March 2016 - 07:13 PM, said:

No, like I said, it is not just you. It's absolutely not just you.

IS mechs are extremely overpowered and there is nothing you can do about it. Ha Ha Ha Ha.

Here, this instructional song will help you understand:

seems legit

and to everyone else i was simply wondering if anyone else felt that way or not I was not saying that anything truly was at fault but less people will play faction play if one side can never win. I'm probably the last person to say specific things need to be nerfed i would rather struggle with the suck because I love a faction

Edited by NomadWolf991, 23 March 2016 - 07:22 PM.

#16 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 23 March 2016 - 07:25 PM

View PostNomadWolf991, on 23 March 2016 - 07:11 PM, said:

You IS guy must tell me how the haterade tastes. Its really off putting when in quick play i don't melt from an IS LL at max range but in Faction play I do but seeing as its just me i guess ill just keep playing and going oh wait a month back it felt more balanced but now Clan cant even leave drop without being slagged. But its just me ^^

Is range got universally nerfed to 10% Energy range a month ago, so there is no way a month back it felt more balanced than now. A month ago, you would have been getting hit by 912m quirked IS ERLL vs now 810m IS ERLL. Also, in Quick Play, you don't have a full firing line of 4-6+ mechs all mounting 4+ ERLL like you could potentially see on Boreal Vault in Faction Play..

Edited by Vxheous Kerensky, 23 March 2016 - 07:27 PM.

#17 S T I N G S

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 23 March 2016 - 07:32 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 23 March 2016 - 06:28 PM, said:

Just you. The biggest problem is that Clan was stupid OP for 2 years, now that it's balanced it feels "weak".

2xuac10+2 or 3 cermls is brutal and cool. Clan laservomit is still flat out superior. Jenner to TBR a birthday SRM loadout is two licks to the center of lost lollipops. Clpl is best weapon in the game overall, hands down. 600m, great damage for the heat?

If you're losing it's largely because most the units are in IS right now. Firing lines are not a product of tech balance but player ability.

Go drop on MS TS, they're in CSJ right now and you'll see what winning as Clans looks like. If AWOL is back go drop with them if you can.

When people say "the other side is OP" at this point it's generally a skill issue. Just finished the mech bay tour, got rank 6 in all the Clans. It's a skill issue.

Mischief sums up what I was going to say, Clans were super op for 2 years and still op in some areas and now you guys feel weak against coordinated Inner Sphere teams because it is actually balanced.

But, -MS- is in Steiner right now to my knowledge

#18 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 08:22 PM

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 23 March 2016 - 07:25 PM, said:

Is range got universally nerfed to 10% Energy range a month ago, so there is no way a month back it felt more balanced than now. A month ago, you would have been getting hit by 912m quirked IS ERLL vs now 810m IS ERLL. Also, in Quick Play, you don't have a full firing line of 4-6+ mechs all mounting 4+ ERLL like you could potentially see on Boreal Vault in Faction Play..

Vxheous and AWOL can roll through 95% of their matches in Clan mechs with a win. I know, I spent a week dropping with them and watching them do it. MS wins about 90% with Clan mechs, I know, I dropped with them and watched them do it.

Could go on and on and on.

@ All The Clanners Who Think IS Is OP:

Look, I realize this can feel offensive. It's not intended that way. The problem though is that you're bad at the game. That's okay; most of you have never had the opportunity to learn to get good. Never had a reason to - you learned to play with mechs that were flat out OP and that felt 'normal' to you, so you never had to learn to build good mechs, positioning, how to torso twist and how to win trades, how to position and what the right way to approach a firing line is.

IS players largely did. Oh there's tons and tons of terribad IS players. However on average the IS pugs are better than the Clan pugs out of necessity. Also most IS players are in units at this point save for the absolute newbies, for much the same reason. These are skills they had to learn over the 2 years Clans were OP as ****.

Now suddenly the advantages that were carrying you are gone and it's a level field, only the other guy spent his time getting swole and doing sprints with weights on his back while you were riding a scooty-puff. Now it's time to make your offerings to Brodin and get mecha-swole, eat your GITGUD whey and do your 5x5s.

What's really stupid is that groups like AWOL put a lot of effort into trying to train their factions pugs on how to play better, build better mechs and use winning strategies. Nobody wanted to. So you're bad because you want to be bad. Right now you're trying to make up the excuse that IS mechs are better, the problem is that everyone who's actually played both and isn't actually demonstratively bad at the game can confirm that's not true.

MS is in CSJ, rolling wins non-stop in Clan mechs. When I dropped with them I heard every single match 'Clan mechs are OP'. This was stated, pretty much universally, by people who are bad at the game.

I get that we try to avoid saying that to people. That you're bad at the game. The problem is that right now if you're getting stomped non-stop and feel like you have no chance, it's because you're bad at the game. There's more to FW than showing up. Teamwork, coordination, positioning, deck synergy, situational awareness, all of these are as important or more so than the mech build itself and your aim though those are important too.

If you're in Clans and you're getting stomped then for the love of god go find some good Clan players to play with for a bit and see why they are winning and you're losing.

Because, again. Good players are still winning in Clans against IS. Balance is as close as it's ever been. If you're losing it's not because the game is imbalanced; it's because the skill level between your team and the other team is imbalanced. It's because you're bad at the game.

Fortunately you can get good. You just need to be willing to learn how.

#19 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 March 2016 - 08:39 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 23 March 2016 - 08:22 PM, said:

Vxheous and AWOL can roll through 95% of their matches in Clan mechs with a win. I know, I spent a week dropping with them and watching them do it. MS wins about 90% with Clan mechs, I know, I dropped with them and watched them do it.

Could go on and on and on.

@ All The Clanners Who Think IS Is OP:

Look, I realize this can feel offensive. It's not intended that way. The problem though is that you're bad at the game. That's okay; most of you have never had the opportunity to learn to get good. Never had a reason to - you learned to play with mechs that were flat out OP and that felt 'normal' to you, so you never had to learn to build good mechs, positioning, how to torso twist and how to win trades, how to position and what the right way to approach a firing line is.

IS players largely did. Oh there's tons and tons of terribad IS players. However on average the IS pugs are better than the Clan pugs out of necessity. Also most IS players are in units at this point save for the absolute newbies, for much the same reason. These are skills they had to learn over the 2 years Clans were OP as ****.

Now suddenly the advantages that were carrying you are gone and it's a level field, only the other guy spent his time getting swole and doing sprints with weights on his back while you were riding a scooty-puff. Now it's time to make your offerings to Brodin and get mecha-swole, eat your GITGUD whey and do your 5x5s.

What's really stupid is that groups like AWOL put a lot of effort into trying to train their factions pugs on how to play better, build better mechs and use winning strategies. Nobody wanted to. So you're bad because you want to be bad. Right now you're trying to make up the excuse that IS mechs are better, the problem is that everyone who's actually played both and isn't actually demonstratively bad at the game can confirm that's not true.

MS is in CSJ, rolling wins non-stop in Clan mechs. When I dropped with them I heard every single match 'Clan mechs are OP'. This was stated, pretty much universally, by people who are bad at the game.

I get that we try to avoid saying that to people. That you're bad at the game. The problem is that right now if you're getting stomped non-stop and feel like you have no chance, it's because you're bad at the game. There's more to FW than showing up. Teamwork, coordination, positioning, deck synergy, situational awareness, all of these are as important or more so than the mech build itself and your aim though those are important too.

If you're in Clans and you're getting stomped then for the love of god go find some good Clan players to play with for a bit and see why they are winning and you're losing.

Because, again. Good players are still winning in Clans against IS. Balance is as close as it's ever been. If you're losing it's not because the game is imbalanced; it's because the skill level between your team and the other team is imbalanced. It's because you're bad at the game.

Fortunately you can get good. You just need to be willing to learn how.

This post would make sense... if the IS superiority weren't objective at the moment. It used to be that Clans were objectively better - higher alpha, better speed, more range. But now the tables are turned, IS can survive at least two extra alphas more than previously due to structure quirks which allows so many more of them to safely run XLs and pack more firepower, they are on par with maneuverability due to movement quirks which helps their survivability, they have faster burn times, and run cooler.

Is IS OP right now? No. Is it objectively better? I don't think you could argue otherwise without anecdotal evidence such as "well, Clan teams can still win in CW so balance must be fine". But meh... what does it matter. Both sides are going to have crappy players that bicker over the fence that the other side gets developer favouritism even if balance were perfect... helI, some people will cry about balance even during a phase when *their* side is the stronger one. (see: Gyrok)

#20 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 09:04 PM

IS vs. Clan right now:

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users