Those With/getting Vr Post Here

129 replies to this topic

#121 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 12:07 AM

Id love it... But my next buy is a new TV, currently using a samsung 43" 1080I (*older tv)

plan on upgrading to a 43" 4k but i might do a 3d capable tv Im not sure yet.. with the new 8k coming out.. Ill be able to pick one up for 200$ or so.... Priority though ive got belt testing coming up and i want a new Dobak.... so... video games can wait :

i have more then enough processor and video card power.... My computer mussels this game with ease

#122 Ghost Amp

Rookie

• Fury
  • Fury
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 November 2020 - 08:06 PM

I have an HTC Vive, and an Alienware RT4 - Custom - Standing by for orders on how to best utilize

#123 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 13 November 2020 - 08:31 PM

That's a very good reason for upgrading your computer as well, to match your 8k TV :)

View PostBurning2nd, on 29 October 2019 - 12:07 AM, said:

...I might do a 3d capable tv...
... with the new 8k coming out.. Ill be able to pick one up for 200$ or so.... Priority though ive got belt testing coming up and i want a new Dobak.... so... video games can wait :

i have more then enough processor and video card power.... My computer mussels this game with ease

#124 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 10 December 2020 - 04:26 PM

ha.... done and done

been running 4k for a while

most of the year

#125 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 10 December 2020 - 04:34 PM

i have a strong suspicion there is a quest 2 under the tree. i really didnt think the technology was quite ready to jump on the vr bandwagon and was both waiting for something better/cheaper/not tied to facebook.

#126 Vajhra

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 48 posts
  • LocationFlying your dropship

Posted 11 June 2021 - 06:51 PM

it would be insane in VR.... been playing stuff on a Quest 2 off my PC and shame this ole thing doesn't have it, especially now that the Quest 2 has its airlink but even with its link cable.

Edited by Vajhra, 11 June 2021 - 06:52 PM.

#127 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 12 June 2021 - 04:53 AM

turns out vr wasn't as interesting as id hoped. its nice having a stereoscopic display. but beyond that the need to get up and move around is really impractical unless you have a lot of empty space to work with. the quest 2 wireless capabilities are nice (its actually got a next gen wifi radio that has plenty of throughput to stream video). problem is unless your game was specifically designed for vr, it wont work, unlike previous stereo technologies which can work with anything with a modern renderer by enabling a couple video settings. id love driver level vr support that i can just switch on and use for mwo/5 or whatever, but that doesnt seem to exist.

#128 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 12 June 2021 - 05:39 AM

I have a Rift-S, and have barely used it. The reason is that it is a faulty, buggy, piece of crap made worse by seriously awful software. Here's my typical experience:

1. Start Oculus Home - this must be running or the Rift won't work.
2. Rift not detected. It is plugged in of course.
3. Rift requires an update. It won't work without the update.
4. Room settings have changed (they haven't). The room must be mapped out again.
5. At this point, my controllers would usually be low on battery but I got wise to the crappy hardware consuming batteries, so I take them out when the Rift isn't in use.
6. The Rift mists up.
7. Approximately 45 minutes into my 60 minutes of free time, this piece of crap is finally ready for use.

Aaand that's why I don't play VR anymore.

#129 Vajhra

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 48 posts
  • LocationFlying your dropship

Posted 14 June 2021 - 09:57 PM

I don't play anything not in VR anymore.... which is annoying since I was looking forward to getting back into MWO now I've got a new rig finally. To me it's next level immersion, as when I 'play' stuff I tend to get into it a bit and maybe depersonalize a little and repersonalize in the virtual Posted Image

#130 etarm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 124 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 June 2021 - 08:13 AM

I bought a Vive within a few months of its release, then upgraded to a Vive Pro. I still use it daily. Native VR games like Star Wars Squadrons, Elite Dangerous and Half Life Alyx are amazing. Ports like Skyrim and Fallout 4 are pretty good too, but could be better if designed around a VR interface. I also use VORPX to play non-VR games with 3D geometry (ESO & Star Wars: Battlefront II) in VR. Got the wireless unit and couldn't go back to dragging a cord around. Haven't played MWO in years, but spent hundreds of hours in it back in the day. I might have to try it with VORPX, though I suspect I wouldn't be competitive hunting and pecking at the keyboard commands while under the headset. It would be very cool to get a VR version of MWO someday, but I'm not holding out hope.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users