45 replies to this topic

#41 Yarin Korza

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 15 posts
  • LocationOromocto N.B.

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:10 AM

I have long thought that the graphic comic (?) "The Spider and the Wolf" would make an awesome movie. It has some basic intro to the BT universe, drama, intrigue, romance, comedy ("aint it trajic when siblings marry"...), and good combat sequence that could be very well done with todays tech. Years ago i thought a younger Sean Connery would make a good Jamie Wolf :P Who do you think would make a good cast list for something like this nowadays?

#42 Bloodshed Romance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 726 posts
  • LocationFlorence, South Carolina

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:11 AM

I don't really know where the "best" place would be to start.. but I'd watch it wherever.. Solaris matches would be "repetitive" and we all know someones gonna go "their moving to slow.." and other crap... but I think it'd be amazing..

#43 Bloodshed Romance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 726 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:15 AM

I think that following someone like Spectre from MW4mercs wouldn't be bad... from a random merc group endorsed by a bigger company type "sponsor" or something.. then you could do a solaris movie up to the Grand Tournament (with all the classes).. and I wouldn't mind seeing a movie done for the Trial of Procession where Spectre went up against Jade Falcon... (I think that was the case.. been a while)

#44 PainGod30

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 139 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:22 AM

Mechwarrior: The Broadway Musical! We could do the invasion of the clans! lol I'm seeing a theatrical event that would give Les Mis a run for it's money.

#45 Bloodshed Romance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 726 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:25 AM

if they did this 20 YEARS AGO!?
they can do an epic Mech Warrior movie today....

#46 Jiyu Mononoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 251 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:48 AM

View PostFrisk, on 14 July 2012 - 10:50 AM, said:

<snip>...Anyone recall hearing about a battletech movie about 8-10 years ago? ...

Yeah, i seen it. Horribly disappointing movie. I would however like to someday see another run at it, with a good director/producer. It could indeed be a great story line for a movie, or mini-series even, but it would have to be done really well. Movies/Series like these have ALLOT of scrutiny to survive by fans and on-lookers alike. One thing we have in our favor that the old MW movie did not is technology for effects. Also, i think it was called "Robot Jox" and was more "Inspired by" BT. As i did a quick internet search, there is already allot of chatter about an actual movie in the planning (or secretly in the works???), so lets keep our fingers crossed that they do it right - KEEP IT ACURATE TO THE LORE! or at least dang close to it. Maybe give it to to peeps that made the new Battlestar Galactica, they put alot of thought in to that series.

p.s. sorry bout the large sig - still working on it's size shape for now -lol.

edit - haha, bloodshed, good find there (didnt read that far into the thread).

Edited by Freebrth, 15 July 2012 - 08:53 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users