#21 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 07 April 2016 - 09:44 AM

View PostBluttrunken, on 07 April 2016 - 09:15 AM, said:

ERSL: 200m, ERML: 400m . That makes a big difference, but CERML could get their duration reverted to original values(same for CERLL).

too few dmg in comparison and double heat.
c-erml should be toned down a bit to 5, as per stardard rule. Heavies and assault do not care about 5 or 6, 'cause they have tonnage and take dhs.
But that 1 point more is a lot a difference for a light or medium, with so few free tonnage, and boating laser it's the only solution for them.

#22 Mad Dog Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 489 posts
  • LocationOutlaw On The Run, Faster than a Stolen Gun

Posted 07 April 2016 - 11:01 AM

I don't forsee ERML's being used on the Viper en masse.

Edited by Vaskadar, 07 April 2016 - 11:02 AM.

#23 Mad Dog Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 489 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 04:53 PM

I suspect that until we see more on it, we're not likely to have any idea as to what its specifications are. I feel like it'll replace the Ice Ferret in my stable of mechs.

#24 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 02 May 2016 - 08:15 AM

JJ SPL IFR for scouting but not ugly.

#25 Mad Dog Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 489 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 11:43 PM

Some possible loadouts that fit 8t (max armor and all) (assuming Hero omnipods are available for unlimited purchase if the variant is owned)

This mech will be highly dependent on small lasers or srms to be successful on the battlefield.

In other words, this thing had better have jump jet heat quirks and heat dissipation quirks, because it will be mad hot and have little in the way of armor.

-1x ERPPC 4x ERSL
-1x LPL 2x ERML / 4x ERSL
-2x MPL 6x ERSL
-4x MPL
-6x SPL 1x SRM4 1t ammo
-6x SPL 4x MG 1t ammo
-6x ERSL 4x MG 2t ammo 1DHS / 1t ammo 2DHS
-6 x ERSL 2x SRM4 2t ammo 1DHS
-10x ERSL 1x ERML 2 DHS
-10x ERSL 3DHS
-6x SPL 4x Flamers
-3x SRM 4, 3t ammo, 2 ER SL, 1DHS / 2x SPL
-8x SPL / 8x ERML
-2x ERLL (armor shaved in arms to accomodate other equipment)
-1x UAC 2, 2t ammo, 2x ERSL (worthless loadout, basically, lol)

Edited by Vaskadar, 04 May 2016 - 11:56 AM.

#26 Tristan Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 June 2016 - 06:08 PM

How many tons of free pod space does this thing have, assuming full armour?

#27 Dr Decal

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 06:52 PM

I cant see this offering anything the ice ferret doesn't, and were I to buy it (don't see any reason to yet) Id translate my best Ice ferret build onto it (4xSPL+2xSRM6) yes you can run more lasers, but you don't have the heat efficiency to use them with so little tonnage available.
Also the mech is 5 tonnes lighter than the ferret, and thus max armour is lower, and as yet we don't know if the viper will have the structure quirks the ferret has (I assume it will have to as otherwise will be DOA)

#28 Mad Dog Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 489 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 08:03 PM

View PostTristan Winter, on 22 June 2016 - 06:08 PM, said:

How many tons of free pod space does this thing have, assuming full armour?

8 tons. Same free tonnage as the ice ferret, many more laser hardpoints. Torso mounts on both sides. One variant has a CT laser.

The Ice Ferret will retain its place as this semi-tanky little engine on legs, but the Viper will be far greater in maneuverability. The Viper is very likely to receive quirks given its odd spot.

Edited by Vaskadar, 22 June 2016 - 08:08 PM.

#29 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 22 June 2016 - 09:37 PM

So, looking over the Viper variants, trying to figure out how best to use them. Here is all the variants and my thoughts on them.

VPR-Prime- Honestly, this is one of those mechs that just doesn't know what it wants to do. Much like the Highlander IIC. It's stock loadout is probably one of the better loadouts you'll get from this variant. Just drop the AMS and add more ammo.

VPR-A- An energy boat, with a missile hardpoint for some reason. I really don't know what to do with that hardpoint. Stuff a NARC in there and be a spotter? SRM 6? LRM 10? (Oh, did I just say that?)

VPR-B- Seems to be a Sub-standard energy boat at first, but at least you can put larger lasers in there and not feel guilty about unused hardpoints. I'm guessing LPLx2 and ERMLx2 will be kind of decent.

VPR-C- This one might work with SPLx5 and MGx4? Gatling snake anyone?

VPR-D- Light hunter. SPLx3 + SRM6x2. Yes yes, you have all the firepower of the Brawler Lynx, but more Ammo plus faster.

VPR-M- Again, like the A, an energy boat that has a missile hardpoint for some reason. similar build to the A.

Custom build- Laser Gatling Snake- C variant's CT, A variant's STs, Medusa's Arms. Fill with ERSLs and heatsinks. Keep on permanent chainfire and only Alpha if you have to.

#30 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 10:35 PM

View PostBluttrunken, on 07 April 2016 - 09:15 AM, said:

ERSL: 200m, ERML: 400m . That makes a big difference, but CERML could get their duration reverted to original values(same for CERLL).

Doesn't make much of a difference in a fast mech since you can pick the distance you're fighting in youself.

What makes a difference is the DPS value compared to DPH value.

DPS wise, you'll lose about a little less then 9% compairing a single Clan Er-Medium with a single Clan Er-Small, considering that the viper has potentially more energy hardpoint it could effectivly use with Clan Er-Medium it could boat 2 Clan Er-Small for ever single Medium. Bumping the DPS up for a wooping 82% for every single Er-Medium replaced by 2 Er-Smalls.

DPH gets even crazier, it's almost 30% less heat per damage, or vice versa 30% more damage for every point heat spent. For every single laser, considering 6-11 laser in total it really adds up. besided, every Small for Medium gives another 0,5 tons which can be spend on heatsinks.

-14% burntime is no joke either. 11 Clan-Er-Smalls chainfired in 6+5 is 55 damage in 2 seconds, every 3 seconds.

View PostVaskadar, on 03 May 2016 - 11:43 PM, said:

Some possible loadouts that fit 8t (max armor and all) (assuming Hero omnipods are available for unlimited purchase if the variant is owned)

This mech will be highly dependent on small lasers or srms to be successful on the battlefield.

In other words, this thing had better have jump jet heat quirks and heat dissipation quirks, because it will be mad hot and have little in the way of armor.

-1x ERPPC 4x ERSL
-1x LPL 2x ERML / 4x ERSL
-2x MPL 6x ERSL
-4x MPL
-6x SPL 1x SRM4 1t ammo
-6x SPL 4x MG 1t ammo
-6x ERSL 4x MG 2t ammo 1DHS / 1t ammo 2DHS
-6 x ERSL 2x SRM4 2t ammo 1DHS
-10x ERSL 1x ERML 2 DHS
-10x ERSL 3DHS
-6x SPL 4x Flamers
-3x SRM 4, 3t ammo, 2 ER SL, 1DHS / 2x SPL
-8x SPL / 8x ERML
-2x ERLL (armor shaved in arms to accomodate other equipment)
-1x UAC 2, 2t ammo, 2x ERSL (worthless loadout, basically, lol)

-1x ERPPC 4x ERSL Too hot, derp damage, no synergy
-1x LPL 2x ERML / 4x ERSL still hot, maybe valid (doesn't work to well on shadowcats)
-2x MPL 6x ERSL too hot
-4x MPL too hot
-6x SPL 1x SRM4 1t ammo probably valid
-6x SPL 4x MG 1t ammo MGs are derp, shadowcat doesn't work with 7. viper won't work with just 4
-6x ERSL 4x MG 2t ammo 1DHS / 1t ammo 2DHS same deal
-6 x ERSL 2x SRM4 2t ammo 1DHS get to go build for SRM
-10x ERSL 1x ERML 2 DHS drop ERML for Flamer, killer one vs one build
-10x ERSL 3DHS get to go build
-6x SPL 4x Flamers 2 flamer too much, 10 small laser > 6 small pulse
-3x SRM 4, 3t ammo, 2 ER SL, 1DHS / 2x SPL I'd rather have 4 more laser then 1 ton more ammo
-8x SPL / 8x ERML small pulse yay, medium nay
-2x ERLL (armor shaved in arms to accomodate other equipment) too hot, kitfox does it better, even adder does it better, heck, even cheetah does it better.
-1x UAC 2, 2t ammo, 2x ERSL (worthless loadout, basically, lol) you named it.

I'll probably run 9 small 2 flamer
or 8 small 2 flamer + dhs
or 10 small + 1 flamer

It will probably 1v1 anything expect pure AC boats

#31 Rock Roller

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 310 posts
  • LocationPacific North West USA

Posted 26 June 2016 - 11:10 AM

Got this guy on order but after the PHX I am nervous. Anyone thinking they know how it will rate in the current medium line up? With the PHX I will maybe take out occasionally for giggles after this weekend. Already mastered and while fun and good looking its not very good. My Griffin and BJs are just better.

The worry is that the Viper gets the same Weak quirks as the PHX. The hard points do seem better than the Hawk and that helps.

Edited by Rock Roller, 26 June 2016 - 11:12 AM.

#32 Iiskra

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 02:47 AM

Might be fun, Might be awful

2 CSRM 6 2T ammo, 7 CERSL

Its going to so hot, But It may be fun

Base C
Medusa Left and right arm
Medusa left shoulder
D Right shoulder

Frankenviper man.

#33 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 30 June 2016 - 03:08 AM

I will definately tr to run a 11 ERSL config.

also a 7ERSL config with 4 MG's

8SPL even if thta is going to be a bit hot

8JJ is a bit sad since it kinda is totally ovekrill to have that many. it prevents the mech form using any AC's and 2 missile hardpoints aren't actually going to be common I guess. so the mehc will msotlikely be a laserboat in all its variants.

View PostRequiemking, on 22 June 2016 - 09:37 PM, said:

So, looking over the Viper variants, trying to figure out how best to use them. Here is all the variants and my thoughts on them.

VPR-Prime- Honestly, this is one of those mechs that just doesn't know what it wants to do. Much like the Highlander IIC. It's stock loadout is probably one of the better loadouts you'll get from this variant. Just drop the AMS and add more ammo.

VPR-A- An energy boat, with a missile hardpoint for some reason. I really don't know what to do with that hardpoint. Stuff a NARC in there and be a spotter? SRM 6? LRM 10? (Oh, did I just say that?)

VPR-B- Seems to be a Sub-standard energy boat at first, but at least you can put larger lasers in there and not feel guilty about unused hardpoints. I'm guessing LPLx2 and ERMLx2 will be kind of decent.

VPR-C- This one might work with SPLx5 and MGx4? Gatling snake anyone?

VPR-D- Light hunter. SPLx3 + SRM6x2. Yes yes, you have all the firepower of the Brawler Lynx, but more Ammo plus faster.

VPR-M- Again, like the A, an energy boat that has a missile hardpoint for some reason. similar build to the A.

Custom build- Laser Gatling Snake- C variant's CT, A variant's STs, Medusa's Arms. Fill with ERSLs and heatsinks. Keep on permanent chainfire and only Alpha if you have to.

why do you treat them like variants? they are omnis you mix and take what you think is best.

#34 Mad Dog Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 489 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 07:54 PM

Looking forward to this strange little speed demon.

#35 Mad Dog Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 489 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 09:57 PM

Posted Image

So, the Viper has a longer side profile and is overall a bit shorter than the Cicada. It may be able to twist damage fairly well because of this.

If it doesn't get the quirks I'm expecting, it'll be slightly inferior to the Cicada in its ability to roll and twist off damage. Here's hoping it gets decent accel/decel quirks and some arm, legs, and side torso structure quirks.

#36 MaoutheGreat

• PipPipPip
  • The Bushido
  • The Bushido
  • 66 posts
  • LocationAmerica

Posted 13 July 2016 - 03:36 PM

It looks like it'll be able to spread damage like a Marauder to where all you need to do is shake the mouse a bit and it'll spread to all torsos and maybe a bit to the arms. The super thin CT and those high looking torso hardpoints will be great for hill humping and sniping, but that CT is long, anyone that comes up to you from the side it's going to be "LET'S TAKE A LOOK AT THAT SNOUT!"

#37 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 19 July 2016 - 01:03 PM

This thing is a blast

#38 Digital_Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 441 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 01:10 PM

View PostFang01, on 19 July 2016 - 01:03 PM, said:

This thing is a blast

Hows it spread damage so far? I'm still very tempted by it, but have plenty of other mechs I'm still grinding skills on, including 3 more variants to purchase across 2 chassis, to get me through 'til it is available for C-Bills, unless I just get too impatient.

#39 Mad Dog Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 489 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 01:45 PM

Legs and arms can pop quickly if you're not careful, but I found the 2xERLL build to be lulzy, because the torso mounts for lasers are cockpit height.

#40 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 19 July 2016 - 01:46 PM

Only had time for five matches in the C. Seemed to shrug off most hits with a slightly higher balance towards losing arms than torsos. Narrow CT doesn't catch much head on and open armor does not immediately spell death

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users