72 replies to this topic

#61 Iiskra

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 04:30 PM

View Postthehiddenedge, on 20 July 2016 - 01:49 PM, said:

one of my favorites so far, but why not just use the A and get the heat gen?

unless your'e using it for the 5-ERML build, which is pretty good too

PPC with a TC is kinda fun so far, nearly hitscan projectiles, but yeah severely limited

10 ERSL is a solid build as well

Running the laser noodle 100% now 10 ersl's.. it's great. Not bothering with other builds for a while now

Edited by Iiskra, 21 July 2016 - 01:32 AM.

#62 Mad Dog Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 489 posts
  • LocationOutlaw On The Run, Faster than a Stolen Gun

Posted 20 July 2016 - 10:51 PM

Posted Image

#63 - MEDUSA -

• PipPip
  • The Serpent
  • The Serpent
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 04:42 AM

Liskra, can You post Your build pls?

#64 Iiskra

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 08:41 AM

VPR-M 'laser-Noodle'
As requested

Edited by Iiskra, 21 July 2016 - 08:50 AM.

#65 Cy Mitchell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 11:04 AM

Which 3 Viper variants to level? I have all of them. I know I will keep the Medusa. The question is whether I should level either 2 more or 3 more and which they should be? Right now, I am considering the Prime, A and C plus the Medusa. Does anyone else have an opinion on this? Which ones are you going to level?

I will keep all the Omnipods anyway but the ones I do not level will get sold to free up MechBays most likely.

Edited by Rampage, 21 July 2016 - 11:05 AM.

#66 Iiskra

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 11:42 AM

I leveled the A C Prime-S and Medusa But def the A C and M for their quirks and hardpoints

#67 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 22 July 2016 - 12:03 AM

I did A, B, C and left the pods alone.

#68 Mad Dog Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 489 posts
  • LocationOutlaw On The Run, Faster than a Stolen Gun

Posted 22 July 2016 - 12:09 PM

The B variant stock pods are a little underwhelming for what it's worth, tbh.

Edited by Vaskadar, 22 July 2016 - 12:09 PM.

#69 Marcel Bekker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 01:22 AM

View PostVaskadar, on 22 July 2016 - 12:09 PM, said:

The B variant stock pods are a little underwhelming for what it's worth, tbh.

A 50% higher CERPPC projectile speed is "underwhelming" to you? Please explain why, because I can not understand your reasoning.

Even just a TC1 will make hitting snapshots and jumpshots with the CERPPC a trivial matter, even above its optimum range. Combined with the speed and agility of the Viper, you can pump out 15 damage to an enemy without him having a chance to do any meaningfull damage back to you, as long as you do not go full ****** and get too close. With 8 jumpjets, you can reach even the most unusual firing positions... if you can get into the rear of the enemy formation and close to 800 meters, you can take even heavy mechs apart without problem, especially if they are focusing on poking against your own teams frontline.

And then there is even a token laser range quirk that gives your secondary, self defense lasers a little more range... 3 ER Smalls give you a decent punch against any lights that come to stop you from harassing their big brothers, or 2 ER Smalls and a Flamer(yes, a Flamer)... very easy to shut down that SPL Cheetah or small laser locust and make him run away. If he can't fire anything without shutting down, he will either run or die sooner or later... 2 or 3 CERPPC headshots on a shutdown light mech is more than enough to make sure of that.
Or even just to finish off a heavily damaged enemy when you can close safely and your heat is already too high for a CERPPC shot.

Brawling is certainly NOT what this Alt. Config. is meant to do, it is meant to harass the enemies frontline combatants into making a decision... turn their back on you and get cored sooner or later, or turn their attention towards you and waste his firepower trying to kill you instead of your larger and slower(and more dangerous) heavys and assaults.

The stock Alt. Config. A works the same way, just at medium range(around 400 meters)... with a SRM for when the match is almost finished and there are a lot of enemies running around with armorless sections.

Edited by Marcel Bekker, 27 July 2016 - 01:29 AM.

#70 Old-dirty B

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 06:03 AM

View PostMarcel Bekker, on 27 July 2016 - 01:22 AM, said:

A 50% higher CERPPC projectile speed is "underwhelming" to you? Please explain why, because I can not understand your reasoning.

Even just a TC1 will make hitting snapshots and jumpshots with the CERPPC a trivial matter, even above its optimum range. Combined with the speed and agility of the Viper, you can pump out 15 damage to an enemy without him having a chance to do any meaningfull damage back to you, as long as you do not go full ****** and get too close. With 8 jumpjets, you can reach even the most unusual firing positions... if you can get into the rear of the enemy formation and close to 800 meters, you can take even heavy mechs apart without problem, especially if they are focusing on poking against your own teams frontline.

And then there is even a token laser range quirk that gives your secondary, self defense lasers a little more range... 3 ER Smalls give you a decent punch against any lights that come to stop you from harassing their big brothers, or 2 ER Smalls and a Flamer(yes, a Flamer)... very easy to shut down that SPL Cheetah or small laser locust and make him run away. If he can't fire anything without shutting down, he will either run or die sooner or later... 2 or 3 CERPPC headshots on a shutdown light mech is more than enough to make sure of that.
Or even just to finish off a heavily damaged enemy when you can close safely and your heat is already too high for a CERPPC shot.

Brawling is certainly NOT what this Alt. Config. is meant to do, it is meant to harass the enemies frontline combatants into making a decision... turn their back on you and get cored sooner or later, or turn their attention towards you and waste his firepower trying to kill you instead of your larger and slower(and more dangerous) heavys and assaults.

The stock Alt. Config. A works the same way, just at medium range(around 400 meters)... with a SRM for when the match is almost finished and there are a lot of enemies running around with armorless sections.

VPR-B ER-PPC Velocity quircks are great! If you are in for a bit of a "challenge" you should try out my dual ER-PPC Viper to make fully use of it Posted Image

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...55ed65fcfc4e9f4

Edited by B3R3ND, 28 July 2016 - 11:47 PM.

#71 Cy Mitchell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 08:09 PM

^^^^That looks like a suicide machine.

#72 Old-dirty B

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 04:19 AM

It's actually not that suicidal as it may appear, i've been running it now for a few days and it works out better then i expected.

The great speed and jumpjets are your means to stay alive, rely on that instead of armor - avoid getting shot in the first place. The extended range of the ER-PPC (891m) allows you to do maximum pin point damage at great distances, return damage at those ranges is minimal or dodge-able.
Alpha strike and get into cover (poke / poptart), after the cool down of the ER-PPC's do a second alpha strike and then reposition - avoid using the jumpjets to get the massive heat spike down asap. It will read about +/-95% after the second alpha! When you or your team is under pressure or in emergency situations don't alpha strike when the heat scale is close to 50%, just single fire the ER-PPC's and keep moving...

Positioning and heat management are key, keeping range while still being able to support friendlies and not getting singled out are uttermost important to be effective. Keep trailing your team and repositioning between alphas to support them while keeping an eye out on your surroundings and seismic sensor to avoid getting ambushed. At the same time you also need to keep real good track of your heat scale, firing both ER-PPC's when the scale reads > 50% and you will shutdown (and often taken unnecessary damage!).

It's a very challenging mech because its really fragile but it can do surprisingly well if you keep the above in mind ... good luck!

The build for those who missed my previous message:

Edited by B3R3ND, 28 July 2016 - 11:47 PM.

#73 Marcel Bekker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 02:08 AM

View PostB3R3ND, on 27 July 2016 - 06:03 AM, said:

VPR-B ER-PPC Velocity quircks are great! If you are in for a bit of a "challenge" you should try out my dual ER-PPC Viper to make fully use of it Posted Image

Undoubtedly effective, but it just screams too much "SMOKE JAGUAR!!! LEAP AND TEAR! MOAR GUNS THAN ARMOR AND COMMON SENSE!!!!" for my tastes. ^^
Ghost Bears tend to be a little more on the cautious side. Posted Image

View PostVaskadar, on 20 July 2016 - 10:51 PM, said:

Posted Image

While this picture is ADORABLE, I feel like I have to nitpick... this is a (Ball)Python, not a Viper.Posted Image

Edited by Marcel Bekker, 29 July 2016 - 02:37 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users