21 replies to this topic

#1 GoldenPixelF2P

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 19 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 09 April 2016 - 07:07 AM

Hello everybody! As you can see, this is a thread about one of the fastest mechs to move up my favorites list, the Stormcrow! I can't help but love this mech, it's such a fun and destructive mech to play. Now, I'm probably going to get a little bit of automatic hate because of the things I've put on this beautiful piece of metal, but here's the setup of my Stormcrow SCR-D.

Now, first I gutted the mech, replaced the arms with the SRC-B omnipods, replaced the head with the SCR-Prime head and the SCR-A left torso. I put two LRM-10's in the torsos, along with a ton and a half of ammo on each side. On top of that I put in two DHS, and that was done. Then I put three ER-ML's in the right arm and one ER-ML in the head. Lastly, I stuck a C-LB5-X AC in the left arm with two tons of ammo. After a slight bit of armor tweaking in the center torso, I was good. If I can manage to get a Smurfy build showcase link for it, I'll post it here. I look forward to seeing everyone else's builds!

#2 Bob the Moose

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 12:18 PM

I've been having fun with this build recently: Gauss Crow. Runs a Gauss rifle for distance and 6 C-ER Small Lasers for up close fun. I've been getting good damage (for me at least) and having fun with it.

#3 Sjoerd

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 10:24 AM

I am running 3 different loadouts at the moment for my stormcrow.
The first isnt very different from the stock loadout from the SCR-D:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...32b7b0561e529e1

I just love putting a narc on someone and see the lrms fly ;).

The second one is based around the uac-10. Might run a bit hot though. I put the pulse lasers on in case the UAC jams (Which happens more often than you want).

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...6c1ea103440c560

The third one is the stock prime. I havent changed anything on it expect the weapon groups. I seperated the large and the medium lasers to make it more heat efficient.

#4 Mad Dog Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 489 posts
  • LocationOutlaw On The Run, Faster than a Stolen Gun

Posted 26 April 2016 - 12:04 AM

Every Slot Available Used
11spl, 12 extra DHS, T-Comp 1, CAP

Melt face.

People are all like: BUT WHY THE ACTIVE PROBE?

Because I poop on your ECM, that's why.

Ravager
5spl, 2 extra DHS, T-Comp 1, LB-20x, 3t ammo

Tear face.

Edited by Vaskadar, 26 April 2016 - 12:19 AM.

#5 Alianton

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 105 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 12:12 AM

5 SRM6 still works well for me

#6 Arctcwolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • 147 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 10:14 PM

i like using this for scouting, especially hunting lights. running 3x ssrm's makes lights so much more squishy. if i expect more mediums, i go with regular srms and med pulse

#7 Zarock

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 111 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 May 2016 - 05:47 AM

Got a lot of opportunities here, naming my favourites:
-12 or 13 sml pulse (do not fire at once)
-streak srm 30
-srm30 with artemis
-srm 16 with artemis and 5 sml pulse
-Gauss 3 med pulse
:)

#8 mogs01gt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 11 May 2016 - 06:48 AM

Its a Crow, build everything and anything you want on it...

#9 WANTED

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 611 posts
  • LocationFt. Worth, TX

Posted 01 June 2016 - 07:49 PM

Wow. I respect you clan stormcrow pilots. This thing runs super hot. I can't seem to find a build I like. Going to keep trying some less laser intensive bulids and maybe try the Streak or SRMs approach.

#10 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 02 June 2016 - 11:10 AM

View PostWANTED, on 01 June 2016 - 07:49 PM, said:

Wow. I respect you clan stormcrow pilots. This thing runs super hot. I can't seem to find a build I like. Going to keep trying some less laser intensive bulids and maybe try the Streak or SRMs approach.

SCR-D

#11 CCSquirrel

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 01:47 PM

I just got into the game and played a couple of the trial mechs and really liked the Stormcrow Prime trial mech. So I bought two of them and am saving for my third.

I ended up getting the SCR-A and the SCR-C. I will get the Prime next once I get a few more million CBills.

I choose to wait on the Prime as I am able to get variant XP running the trial mech.

Having to outfit these on limited funds I did not do too much customization.

Here is the build I am using on my SCR-A, I went this route as I only need to buy one SSRM6 and Active Probe to outfit it. It has been working great for me. It can get a little hot though, but is very manageable.

For the SCR-C this is what I had to go with. I wanted to do a 3LPL build, but didn't have the CBills so I did a slight modification of the stock loadout. It works well, as I get more CBills I may switch to a UAC10 instead of the LBX10 or go try my 3LPL build, but that is a ways away. But it was easy on the CBills and plays well and is very cool running.

Lastly I am going to get the PRIME and I am going to build it similar to the champion version as I have really enjoyed playing that trial mech. I know I won't be able to afford all the different omnipods, so I am going to do it like this. Ironically by the time I buy it I will have it Mastered! LOL

In my limited experience, this as been a great mech!

#12 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 10 June 2016 - 01:59 PM

This is what IS players in FW truly fear:

SCR-A

#13 Moldur

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,232 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 02:14 PM

Here is the c-bill grind clan standard 2xLPL + 4erML. Very boring I suppose, but very effective. I guess it depends on how much you weigh fun of the build and fun of blowing up components all the time.

SCR-C

Here is my "Knife only" brawler build. I daresay it is one of the best builds you can use for scouting, and generally destroys anything in any weight if it falls into its playing field. 6x c-SPL + 3 c-SRM6. Punches out side torsos like paper. Alternatively, you can run Artemis SRMs and run a bit hotter. It runs pretty cool as far as clan mechs go, but just watch the SRMs. You can fire the SPLs a lot, but those SRMs are really what spikes the heat.

SCR-A

View PostDawnstealer, on 10 June 2016 - 01:59 PM, said:

This is what IS players in FW truly fear:

SCR-A

bahahahaha

Edited by Moldur, 10 June 2016 - 02:17 PM.

#14 PeeWrinkle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 384 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 06:14 AM

Here is what I know about the Stormcrow. It is one fine mech! You can pretty much do any build on it, but you must manage heat. Symmetric, asymmetric, ranged, brawling, missle boats, laser boats, etc. Really the only thing you can't do it dakka.

That said the key is to build a heat efficient mech. You should be able to get around a 60 point alpha (sometimes more sometimes less) with decent heat efficiency (35% or higher). If you make it to hot, which is tempting, then you are in trouble.

Here are a few builds I use: I built them all on the prime, but they work for all SCR Variants.
3LPLs
Guass
MPLs: I like asymmetric here, I like 3 in the arm and 3 in the torso/head. I will switch between right and left arm from time to time too. LOL. I have also used symmetric builds and even reduced it to 5 total for heat purposes.
SRMs

And I didn't even put any UAC20 brawling builds. There is so much you can do. I also really like the 3SSRM6 and 3MPL builds. There is even the mixed missle load outs between LRMs/SSRMs/SRMs. Pick two and go!

Just keep that heat efficiency above 35%.

#15 j0lt78

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 9 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 October 2016 - 07:00 AM

I'M A FIRIN' MAH LAZERS! http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=183&l=121fe6c61fbeee1c6ca5a99a9782bd649cfcf585

Edited by j0lt78, 11 October 2016 - 07:07 AM.

#16 SlightlyMobileTurret

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Lance Corporal
  • 718 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 07:04 AM

View Postj0lt78, on 11 October 2016 - 07:00 AM, said:

I'M A FIRIN' MAH LAZERS! http://mwo.smurfy-ne...22ba1d611ae8b69

Strip those 6 points and add a T.Comp 1 (nets you VERY valuable extra range) and a CAP (for counter ECM and super fast targeting info) as well!

#17 maimaimi

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 07:51 AM

behold the 12SPL storm crow!
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...9d92e6b72d5ec8c
secret of clan : c-SPL are trash (trust me on this, the 50m range hit hurts more then you think)

then:

behold the 12ERSL Nova (ie the thing you should actually be running if you want to vomit lasers)
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a34efbaca75e91c
cause jump jets and quirks

then:

behold the splat/ERlaser storm crow (what you really should be running)
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e2dd97b8380c465

Edited by maimaimi, 11 October 2016 - 07:59 AM.

#18 SlightlyMobileTurret

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Lance Corporal
  • 718 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 07:54 AM

C-SPL are absolutely amazing weapons -- 2 D/H, 6 damage for one ton and extremely high DPS.

To put that into perspective, the 11SPL stormcrow above has more 3 more DPS than the vaunted AS7-S. At just more than half the weight.

Their range is trash, but up close, an SPL gargoyle or executioner can give an atlas a run for its money.

#19 maimaimi

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 02:29 AM

my ERSL Nova has killed atlases in face to face fights(with overheat enabled) I average 2-3 KMDD with it... I tried SPL with it but less range and poorer heat managment is a weakness not worth the extra 1 damage per shot.

I admit that SPL crow can run full heatsink SPL, but you are loosing a lot of flexibility from the crows load out and being tied to a pretty restrictive backstab sprinter build, a build that the tall and bulky SRC chassis is simply not meant to run. (for comparison my nova next to a storm crow below)

Posted Image

#20 SlightlyMobileTurret

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Lance Corporal
  • 718 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 02:30 AM

Meh, whatever floats your boat. SL nova is not a bad mech at all :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users