86 replies to this topic

#21 Richard Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 886 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 11:50 AM

View PostSilentWolff, on 09 April 2016 - 11:46 AM, said:

The Hammer is one of my favorite mechs and I consistently drop 1000 plus damage in it. Your builds need to reflect the quirks of the mech to maximize efficiently.
I made a thread about this awhile back, the Warhammer isn't a bad mech and if you think it is, it's because your bad, not the mech.

You're* Thanks for nothing constructive to say, you might as well of wrote l2p. There's more to MWO than making meta builds.

Edited by Will Hawker, 09 April 2016 - 12:00 PM.

#22 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 09 April 2016 - 12:13 PM

View PostWill Hawker, on 09 April 2016 - 11:50 AM, said:

You're* Thanks for nothing constructive to say, you might as well of wrote l2p. There's more to MWO than making meta builds.

Careful, correcting someone else's your/you're usage might bring attention to your of/have usage.

#23 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 12:17 PM

View PostMole, on 09 April 2016 - 09:56 AM, said:

I'm a little confused about this 'mech. I love my Warhammer. I've loved it since its release. I think it's a great 'mech. But I've seen people complain on these forums that it's a terrible 'mech.

Calling them terrible is ridiculous.

They might not be the most optimal or strongest IS heavies in the game, but they have overall good hardpoints - decent hardpoint locations, decent hitboxes, good max engine sizes.

They're solid overall.

#24 Cabusha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 533 posts
  • LocationAK

Posted 09 April 2016 - 12:17 PM

I try to stick to 2-3 weapon groups. 4 only if it's for a weapon I don't "need" such as lrm5s on my Warhawk to harass until I get into vomit range. Then it's left arm, RT arm, chain fire.

#25 Gyrok

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5,879 posts
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 09 April 2016 - 12:29 PM

View PostAfuldan McKronik, on 09 April 2016 - 10:20 AM, said:

I run the 6D like an insane bat out of hell. XL 340, 3 LPL, 4 ML and never stop moving. It got me my Ace of Spades a few nights ago.

Drop to XL330 and add a DHS is how I run that...

The Hammer is one of my favorite mechs and I consistently drop 1000 plus damage in it. Your builds need to reflect the quirks of the mech to maximize efficiently.
I made a thread about this awhile back, the Warhammer isn't a bad mech and if you think it is, it's because your bad, not the mech.

It is, IMO, one of the strongest IS heavy mechs in the game, and others I know feel the same.

#26 Richard Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 886 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 12:46 PM

View PostEscef, on 09 April 2016 - 12:13 PM, said:

Careful, correcting someone else's your/you're usage might bring attention to your of/have usage.

Sorry bit cranky today.

#27 Trauglodyte

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 01:00 PM

The Warhammer isn't a bad chassis. But, the one thing that hurts it is that it is quirked towards using the PPC, which is absolutely should, but the PPC is insanely hot and less effective, overall, than the Large Pulse Laser or Large Laser. At least, that is how people perceive it. The only thing that I struggle with the Warhammer is the fact that it is stupid hot, regardless of the build that you run. The 6D, my favorite, is a heat magnet, the 6R is almost as hot but requires you to really run a mixed build with a STD engine or an XL and moderate dakka, and the 7S is a weirdo hybrid that make you run an uncomfortable mixed build of PPC, lasers, and SRMs (baddies make it into an LRM boat which is a "no no"). The thing is, I, and people like me, want to run it as close to lore as possible but multiple PPCs mixed with nothing but energy (6D) or mixed energy and missiles is hard to pull off and highlights the lack of good weapon interaction in this game. It is why so many people run heavy ACs on the 6R and BW.

#28 Richard Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 886 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 01:03 PM

I just made my 6R into the 7M the only slight difference is an additional machine gun, dunno if it'll work though, might not be as hot.

#29 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 01:08 PM

I've been hearing nonstop praise about it as the new overpowered mech.

*Shrug*. Wouldn't know since I don't have one.

#30 Trauglodyte

• 4,373 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 01:14 PM

Building the 6R as the Hammerhands is actually fun. 2x AC10s, 1 Large Pulse (instead of the PPC), and 4 Medium Lasers. Runs light on ammo and the XL is a pain but it works well. Though, I run my 6R currently with a PPC, 2x AC5s, and 5 Medium Lasers. I have to be really careful of the heat but, at range, it is pretty sweet. Not nearly as good as the 4x AC5 BW but at least I've got my PPC working.

#31 Afuldan McKronik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,331 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 April 2016 - 01:20 PM

X2 uac5 x2 LL x2 ML for me on the Widow. Can also be done on the 6R, just without the sweet hero bonus.

#32 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 09 April 2016 - 01:24 PM

I agree with most of this, except I ignored the PPC quirks on my Warhammer and went with lasers instead. I do really good in it.

#33 Trauglodyte

• 4,373 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 01:28 PM

I do very well in it.

Fixed that for you, Mole.

#34 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 09 April 2016 - 02:38 PM

View PostTrauglodyte, on 09 April 2016 - 01:28 PM, said:

Fixed that for you, Mole.

Uh... thanks, I think...

#35 SilentWolff

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 2,174 posts
  • LocationNew Las Vegas

Posted 09 April 2016 - 05:19 PM

View PostWill Hawker, on 09 April 2016 - 11:50 AM, said:

I dunno, is 2 PPC 2 AC/5 considered meta now?

#36 Moomtazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 577 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 09:15 PM

I just bought the pack and I think it is a superior animal. IS Heavies are looking pretty good overall.

Edit: I will say that before buying the pack I never had a problem killing them and never thought they were OP, but now that I have it I am doing really well with them. Maybe it's just one of the "right for me" situations.

Edited by Moomtazz, 09 April 2016 - 09:24 PM.

#37 Gyrok

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5,879 posts
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 09 April 2016 - 09:28 PM

View PostMoomtazz, on 09 April 2016 - 09:15 PM, said:

I just bought the pack and I think it is a superior animal. IS Heavies are looking pretty good overall.

Edit: I will say that before buying the pack I never had a problem killing them and never thought they were OP, but now that I have it I am doing really well with them. Maybe it's just one of the "right for me" situations.

It is "right" for every good player...

#38 Afuldan McKronik

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,331 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 April 2016 - 10:14 PM

It feels good man

#39 LegendaryArticuno

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 664 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 11:04 PM

Blackwidow:
AC/20
3x large lasers
280 std engine

#40 invernomuto

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 09 April 2016 - 11:06 PM

View PostMoomtazz, on 09 April 2016 - 09:15 PM, said:

I also bought the pack and used only the Black Widow, pratically stock.
My first impression is that is a very good mech. I like a lot!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users