86 replies to this topic

#81 Ultimax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 09:26 AM

View PostAfuldan McKronik, on 12 April 2016 - 09:19 AM, said:

Thats fine. Tired of glancing at overquirked mechs and loosing an entire torso due to the quirkening of badly placed hardpointed mechs. Sorry BK.

If history has taught us anything it's that people like yourself will still be here to complain about whatever new builds and mechs kill you.

Its always something or someone else's fault.

#82 ShadowWolf Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 09:27 AM

View PostUltimax, on 12 April 2016 - 08:55 AM, said:

Energy draw will be all weapons, not just Energy weapons.

AC 20 + 5x MLAS? Sorry too much damage all at once. Enjoy your nerf.

I think ballistics might actually make out better than expected since they're gas operated. It's the ammo feed that runs on power. The highest energy draw in the game would fall squarely on the Gauss Rifle since it's charging sequence rivals the power draw of a PPC.

#83 Afuldan McKronik

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,331 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 April 2016 - 09:30 AM

LOL. Just lol. If you can't figure out the quirks make the BK one of the best IS heavies other than the GHR and TDR, yeah. It's all my complaining that makes the game favor IS right now right.

#84 Roadkill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 12:19 PM

View PostShadowWolf Kell, on 12 April 2016 - 09:27 AM, said:

I think ballistics might actually make out better than expected since they're gas operated. It's the ammo feed that runs on power. The highest energy draw in the game would fall squarely on the Gauss Rifle since it's charging sequence rivals the power draw of a PPC.

Stop trying to insert reality into the Paulconomy.

"Power draw" is just the name of the nerf. It has nothing to do with realism and will likely be derived from either alpha potential or dps potential, or possibly even a combination of both. It's a game mechanic put in for balance purposes, not for realism purposes.

#85 Malachy Karrde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 473 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 08:17 PM

View PostGyrok, on 12 April 2016 - 06:10 AM, said:

Really?

I have my DW setup with 2 UAC10s and 3 UAC5s, I run 9 tons of UAC5 ammo and 5 tons of UAC10 ammo, and I am always out of ammo...

I run 4x UAC 5, 10 tons of UAC ammo, 6x small er lasers, and 2 lrm 10 with 4 tons of lrm ammo. I also only shoot if I'm going to hit, I don't use my UAC for suppression fire. I engage with Lrms at 650 meters, then open up with UAC at 500 to 550... at 250, I stop firing Lrms and switch to er small lasers and then selectively alternate between UAC and lasers depending on heat and if I need pinpoint damage. Usually the last is a moot point because most enemy mechs don't survive to enter laser range. The er small lasers are usually used to leg light mechs who think a whale is an easy target

#86 Beaching Betty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 710 posts
  • Location-

Posted 12 April 2016 - 09:25 PM

WALL OF TEXTS IS TOO STRONK!

#87 Naduk

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 April 2016 - 09:42 PM

The Warhammer is a mixed load beast and needs to be played as such
People saying they are bad are trying to minmax and force the chassis into a boring meta build
Make sure you have something for all ranges and your good to go

Backup your ppc's with small pulse and machine guns , keep the srm or swap to lrm for some indirect range

There are lots of amazing builds for them that don't use ppc, like 2xLbx10
Be either way they operate the same, a primary weapon set with backups to swap to at close range /running hot

17 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 17 guests, 0 anonymous users