Patch Notes - 1.4.65 - 19-Apr-2016

386 replies to this topic

#381 PeeWrinkle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 384 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 06:34 AM

Say what you will, but they must fix the saving of your drop deck. It is absolutely stupid that I have to set it every time I enter and leave FW!!!

It also seems like I have to set it three different times as well. Once for scout, once for attack, and once for defense.

Believe it or not I am most annoyed by this, as it is something that should have been obvious in all testing.

Aside from that I am a solo player and wanted to freelance, but made a solo merc unit instead. That seems to be the way to go if you want to get drops. I can drop with solo players and grouped players. Although I have not really noticed any solo players in the game yet. I also have yet to see any freelancers.

My thought on freelancers, while very cool and flexible, is that there is no way to play them. First off you can only get into a solo queue after a call to arms is made. If no solo players can queue until then, how can a call to arms be made? I could be missing something, but as a person who tried to be a freelancer for 2 days and never even had a drop available I don't think I am. So from what I can tell they made a solo queue that can only get invited by group queue factions who control planets, that they cannot queue with.

If that thought is correct, it would be better to abandon the freelancers for now and just tell people for now to make a solo merc unit to enjoy the game. Then do more testing on how to get freelancers back in the game and save the for Phase 4.

Edited by PeeWrinkle, 23 April 2016 - 06:57 AM.

#382 The Wolfpack75

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 57 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 23 April 2016 - 09:37 AM

View PostMorggo, on 22 April 2016 - 08:37 AM, said:

Totally agree with posts regarding Freelancer option seeming to be weighted against it, which is sad since there are a fair number of people that were looking forward to this queue/mode. Seems doubly suspicious when PGI begins threatening to remove the solo queue the day after release or so... "planned obsolescence" seems to be at work here. Objectively, I do not believe, despite how it was presented to the solo community, we were given the play mode/queue we expected. Essentially, we received a rewardless PUG mode with longer wait times. Why, why, why can't solo players wanting to play other solo players in the SOLO queue not get any rewards? And before you say "but you can join a faction for LP" why, why, why must we be forced into essentially Permanent Contracts (due to the massive desertion penalties) to get rewards?

I mean, seriously, I know PGI envisions a world of Units playing Units doing Unit things in a Unit world full of Unit People .... but c'mon... that's not everyone's bag.

This isn't one of those "I hate this, I'm quitting" threads.. far from it.. I love the game, spend wayyyyy too much time and money with it like many of us. Just pointing out a bit of frustration at how a portion of the community is essentially being ram-rodded into the Unit/Faction mold whether we want to or not. *sigh* I sooooo was looking forward to finally getting into FW, and especially those Scout missions. /weep

Agreed, it felt like Solo queue was meant to fail. As a casual player I don't want to put the time into the grind of being in a faction and being a one man mercenary unit in group queue sounds like punishment. LOL
Giving Freelancers ZERO incentive to play FW doesn't mean I will join a unit, it means I will never play FW. Not allowing solo Mercenaries to play in Solo FW Queue means the pool of solo players is kept prohibitively small.

Per Russ on Twitter "Only those rarely seeing themselves as playing CW should stay freelancer and respond to call to arms as the mood hits them"

Me: "Lol, there is zero incentive to ever play CW if you are a freelancer. & not much more to play as a solo mercenary in group que"

Russ:"If they feel that way then they will become unit players which would be great."

It seems what PGI wants is for us to all become Unit players. But not be in too big a unit that can actually dominate the map. So why didn't they just introduce Unit size limits, incentivize the unit joining process, and disband the units that are already "too large"?

I enjoy playing this game, even when I go 3 days without a win in Solo queue, and I support it by snapping up new mech packs and buying the tournament supporter bonus. But I'd rather have PGI just be honest and tell us that we all should be in faction or mercenary units of 4-100 pilots to play in FW then have the Solo queue poorly implemented and then removed in less than a week (projecting I know).

Edited by The Wolfpack75, 23 April 2016 - 10:42 AM.

#383 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 April 2016 - 11:05 AM

Greetings all,

Question: Is there a listing on how much damage the 'Long Tom' Artillery does?
- And what the radius rings does damage drop off at.
- Will structures help protect your 'Mech if they are between the blast and you?

Question: Will overhanging buildings and features nullify satellite detection?
- Does moving or standing still change/effect detection?

Question: For Scouting missions, what is the current Drop ship weapons load-out?
- Where are the weapons placed on the Drop Ship?
- Will the DS weapon placement effect the direction Enemy 'Mechs can approach the Drop Ship?
- Will the Drop Ship change orientation to engage Enemy 'Mechs?
- When the Scouting Mission is nearing the 'Dust off' time limit, and Friendly 'Mechs are under the DS for 'pick up', are they actually moved into the Drop Ship or stay standing there? Still able to be engaged or destroyed.
(I understand that the 'Sensor Data' will be received by the Drop Ship, and could end the mission right then. But if the remainder of the Scout Lance is still 'seeking addition data points', does it change anything?)

All for now,
Aim True and Run Cool,
9erRed

Edited by 9erRed, 23 April 2016 - 11:06 AM.

#384 Avathar

• PipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 01:35 PM

View PostFobhopper, on 20 April 2016 - 12:32 PM, said:

Again, Clan mechs come stock with all upgrades. If you were to take into account required upgrades on IS mechs to make them playable and competitive, they almost match up in price. Clan mechs have a higher upfront cost, but need very little to improve upon. IS mechs on the other hand need roughly 2 to 6 million just to upgrade, refit and replace the weapons to make them good.

Well 2 things:
1 i got me a hunchback 2c. and needed an engine upgrade (4 mill) but it still has the best armour tonne for tonne. so apart from that i played around with some weapon config and thats about it.

2) clan mechs also need a lot of tinkering. what do you think the omnipods are for? and yeah they are expensive. also dont forget a lot of a clan mech is not configurable (sooo that limits options just as much as it limits extra costs)

and lastly. clan mechs are supposed to be superior. why do you think we own them? but the buffs still usually go to is mechs. is mechs should be balanced out in different ways. and people should play them in a way that exploits their strengths, not demand equality through buffing and clan mechs being nerfed.

#385 The Hatred of Life

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 11:56 AM

Everyone spam Russ Bullock for locking away the salvage piles!!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users