Gameplay Mode

188 replies to this topic

#1 SCHLIMMER BESTIMMER XXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 879 posts
  • LocationNiemalsland

Posted 20 April 2016 - 09:36 AM

with the arrival of FW phase 3 i expected a huge gain of players.
But looking at the players per planet it is like it was before, 12-40 players on each side max.
I think they added a good amount of content and reworked the whole thing, making
it more exciting to partissipate.
So why you not taking part with the action?
Woud love to know that.

#2 IsaAurinkoinen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 109 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 20 April 2016 - 09:40 AM

Looking stats so there is players. Problem is that in niche game like this 10 different factions is little bit too many.

#3 SilentWolff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 2,174 posts
  • LocationNew Las Vegas

Posted 20 April 2016 - 09:43 AM

The problem is, its too late. This content should of been added long ago when they actually promised it.

#4 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 20 April 2016 - 09:49 AM

View PostSilentWolff, on 20 April 2016 - 09:43 AM, said:

The problem is, its too late. This content should of been added long ago when they actually promised it.

6 months after Open Beta started? They're only what 3 years late?

#5 SilentWolff

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 2,174 posts
  • LocationNew Las Vegas

Posted 20 April 2016 - 09:53 AM

View PostNarcissistic Martyr, on 20 April 2016 - 09:49 AM, said:

6 months after Open Beta started? They're only what 3 years late?

Its a shame too. I know at least 100 people that got tired of playing nothing but team deathmatch and they aint coming back.

#6 Danjo San

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Liao
  • Hero of Liao
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 09:57 AM

View Postshr84, on 20 April 2016 - 09:36 AM, said:

But looking at the players per planet it is like it was before, 12-40 players on each side max.
I think they added a good amount of content and reworked the whole thing, making
Woud love to know that.

because they split the queue... thats why!
You probably only see one half of them!

#7 Banditman

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationThe Templars

Posted 20 April 2016 - 09:57 AM

Woud love to know that.

Keep in mind you are not seeing both queues. If you are a Freelancer, you aren't seeing the unit queue. If you are in a unit, you aren't seeing the Freelancer queue. GJ PGI on further segmenting your community.

#8 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 20 April 2016 - 10:04 AM

View PostBanditman, on 20 April 2016 - 09:57 AM, said:

Keep in mind you are not seeing both queues. If you are a Freelancer, you aren't seeing the unit queue. If you are in a unit, you aren't seeing the Freelancer queue. GJ PGI on further segmenting your community.

I unequivocally and fully blame my fellow solo players who decided to become crybabies instead of toughening it out.

#9 SpiralFace

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 20 April 2016 - 10:22 AM

I'm trying it out again and am already getting frustrated with it after a single day.

For the most point, I don't find the modes anything more then "deathball skirmish" like everything else in the game, but with zero matchmaking and longer wait times. Scouting mode is probably their best attempt yet at making a mode where you don't NEED to deathball, but more often then not, if you drop on a small map like river city, the intel doesn't even matter. It just becomes another deathball skirmish mode.

So why wait 20 minutes to play a single invasion game that ends up just being 4 waves of "clump up and push them as a ball" through narrow corridors, or scouting mode that sees probably the most "samey" gameplay ever with next to no variety on what people are taking to be effective when quick play mode ends up being more varied and dynamic as a whole.

Also, as was pretty evident in the GB queue last night, when your pop imbalances are so vast thanks to MS being on the opposing side that your looking at a 4/1 scouting queue, the entire map meta game mode is pointless because it all but defaults to the bigger side.

Since you can still ghost drop and collect intel uncontested, Often getting double the intel you can get in a standard game because its uncontested, every Scouting Ghost drop can easily negate 2 legitimate wins, and it still artificially swings the favor to the one who can spam the queue with the most groups. With the new benefits like Long Tom on the table, it ends up just making the entire thing frustrating because even if you play well, those that are spamming ghost drops can pretty much negate any gains you make without having any chance to counter because you simply don't have the population to contest the ghost drops.

Which then just snowballs into the invasion mode.

#10 Dudeman3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 520 posts
  • LocationMom's Basement

Posted 20 April 2016 - 10:39 AM

Well, I was looking forward to playing FW as a freelance....

But there are no games... seriously, WTF?!

No call to arms, no nothing..... so, looks like its Quick play again.

View PostBanditman, on 20 April 2016 - 09:57 AM, said:

lolololol Freelance ques?? WHAT FREE LANCE QUE?!?!

there are non, so OF COURSE YOU WONT SEE ANY!!!! hahahahahahahaha

You can't defend that.

#11 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 10:42 AM

According to the leaderboard there is a little over 5000 unit players and around 400 freelance. That should be 500 players per faction

#12 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 10:47 AM

Half the problem is split queues, the other half is the slug like development speed of PGI. People just started giving up and moving on to other games when heading into the 4th year of live status the game hasn't advanced hardly at all.

#13 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 20 April 2016 - 10:49 AM

View PostSilentWolff, on 20 April 2016 - 09:53 AM, said:

Its a shame too. I know at least 100 people that got tired of playing nothing but team deathmatch and they aint coming back.

All us founders do I'm afraid. Sigh... only a handful of buddies from the old days are left.

#14 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 20 April 2016 - 10:52 AM

PGI should really rethink their solo-only queue decision. The scouting mode is a real game changer and they should have started with that first instead of also including their misguided idea of protecting solo players from the big bad groupies.

And yes, I play only solo, always have.

#15 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 10:59 AM

View PostMystere, on 20 April 2016 - 10:52 AM, said:

PGI should really rethink their solo-only queue decision. The scouting mode is a real game changer and they should have started with that first instead of also including their misguided idea of protecting solo players from the big bad groupies.

And yes, I play only solo, always have.

It probably would have made more sense to try having 4v4 be only solo drops and just let everyone participate. Chances are it would have gotten overloaded enough to get rid of most sync drop attempts.

But a lot of things could have been live tested and guided into working order if they'd have simply just patched in ideas into a "beta" mode and looked at how they actually worked out. It also would have kept people more interested and occupied rather than doing something like this big wait for what amounts to very little done.

#16 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 20 April 2016 - 11:32 AM

Why so few playing faction warfare?
Short answer: CW matches just take too long to set up, wait for, and play compared to group QP.

Only been playing a year ( I dabbled back in 2013 but like 2 matches total). When I started I only liked CW because it felt more dynamic and strategic; also being part of a team seemed a necessary part of the experience, and I liked that. When I discovered TS and the joys of actual communication and dropping with like minded individuals, I soon realized that I could have that dynamic "team" experience in quick play as well. Many of my current unit mates felt the same way. Plus given the time requirements of CW and the diversity of RL constraints, for many of us CW was just too burdensome to try and get together for on a regular basis. Sure we made the effort for the big events, but other than those events, really team QP is not much more or less of a rewarding game play experience than team CW...CW just takes longer.

FW-P3 doesn't really appear to be that different that the old CW. When what little novelty it does provide wears off, I fully expect most of us to go back to playing QP, for the most part, and dabbling in FW on the weekends when we have larger blocks of time to play. Alas.

#17 Dudeman3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 520 posts
  • LocationMom's Basement

Posted 20 April 2016 - 12:05 PM

View PostDanjo San, on 20 April 2016 - 09:57 AM, said:

because they split the queue... thats why!
You probably only see one half of them!

Thtas simply not true.... the split que is non-existent. The player count is actually really low. They didn't separate ques as much as disallow solo play as a freelance

#18 SteamCharts Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 12:22 PM

I'm participating! I love dunking IS mediums and lights in my Storm Crow in order to watch their 12 man teams evaporate to a barrage of head-exploding artillery that comes down automatically every two minutes!

#19 ArmandTulsen

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 12:32 PM

Three words: Long Tom artillery.

#20 SCHLIMMER BESTIMMER XXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 879 posts
  • LocationNiemalsland

Posted 20 April 2016 - 12:35 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 20 April 2016 - 11:32 AM, said:

Why so few playing faction warfare?
Short answer: CW matches just take too long to set up, wait for, and play compared to group QP.

Only been playing a year ( I dabbled back in 2013 but like 2 matches total). When I started I only liked CW because it felt more dynamic and strategic; also being part of a team seemed a necessary part of the experience, and I liked that. When I discovered TS and the joys of actual communication and dropping with like minded individuals, I soon realized that I could have that dynamic "team" experience in quick play as well. Many of my current unit mates felt the same way. Plus given the time requirements of CW and the diversity of RL constraints, for many of us CW was just too burdensome to try and get together for on a regular basis. Sure we made the effort for the big events, but other than those events, really team QP is not much more or less of a rewarding game play experience than team CW...CW just takes longer.

FW-P3 doesn't really appear to be that different that the old CW. When what little novelty it does provide wears off, I fully expect most of us to go back to playing QP, for the most part, and dabbling in FW on the weekends when we have larger blocks of time to play. Alas.

Yeah the time consumption is a big problem, for me too.But the funny thing is it woudnt be a problem if more people play :D
i think in this case the dog is chasing his own tail.
What i expected was that this problem is out of the way now since phase 3 launched.
Considering the very possitive feedback about the sneek peeks, and the exitement of the community looking forward to it
i got the feeling that its gonna be a well populated FW, at least for some months.
But looking at the player numbers 2 hours after patch was just disapointing.
And i cant say if people play in solo queue, woud also be intresting to know.
I mean aside of assumptions....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users