Russ Wants To Know How Solo Fw Players Think

150 replies to this topic

Poll: What to do with split queues in FW (222 member(s) have cast votes)

How to split queues

1. Leave solo & unit scouting seperated, merge invasion queues (55 votes [24.02%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.02%

2. Merge scouting, leave invasion seperated (19 votes [8.30%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.30%

3. Merge both (81 votes [35.37%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.37%

4. Leave as is (43 votes [18.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.78%

5. Another idea (tell in thread) (31 votes [13.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.54%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 TexAce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:12 AM

https://twitter.com/...179862345699328

Tell him.

I think he wants to know if the split is a good idea or if you guys should merge back with the unit queue.

EDIT: I'll leave my opinion out. Since I'm not sure TBH.

Please don't vote if you are not a solo player or a one-man-unit

Edited by TexAce, 21 April 2016 - 09:34 AM.

#2 Afuldan McKronik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,331 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:14 AM

Solo scouting is where the Clans OP arguments are coming from. Go the other way. Mix unit and solo scouting.

#3 TexAce

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:19 AM

View PostAfuldan McKronik, on 21 April 2016 - 08:14 AM, said:

Solo scouting is where the Clans OP arguments are coming from. Go the other way. Mix unit and solo scouting.

hmm don't know TBH, from what I'm seeing it feels like pugs like to scout more than to invade.

#4 Darwins Dog

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:20 AM

Is anyone surprised by this? So there's still the new mode that many people may be trying out, but I still wouldn't expect there to be enough solo players to fill up all of the FW planet queues. Maybe that queue should just have one clan vs. IS planet to fight over?

So fay my limited experience has been that the unit FW queue has improved. Teams are much more willing to follow one pilot's orders and work together.

#5 Tom Sawyer

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:21 AM

Tweeted, posted, shouted to the heavens.

One LARGE map. Multiple goals on that map. Scouts can to go far out to enable the sats via a key point. Scouts can go to another far out point to enable arty, or turrets, or something. Or they can stick with the main body.

Heavies and assaults have to take the main goal. Be it a giant gun, giant air or space base, train depot. chicken farm.

CHOICES, TACTICS, LOGISTICS.

#6 TexAce

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:24 AM

View PostTom Sawyer, on 21 April 2016 - 08:21 AM, said:

Tweeted, posted, shouted to the heavens.

One LARGE map. Multiple goals on that map. Scouts can to go far out to enable the sats via a key point. Scouts can go to another far out point to enable arty, or turrets, or something. Or they can stick with the main body.

Heavies and assaults have to take the main goal. Be it a giant gun, giant air or space base, train depot. chicken farm.

CHOICES, TACTICS, LOGISTICS.

I think he wants to know what could be an IMMEDIATE reaction to the current low-pop problem, not to make up completely new Faction Play ideas.

Edited by TexAce, 21 April 2016 - 08:24 AM.

#7 Afuldan McKronik

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,331 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:31 AM

View PostTexAce, on 21 April 2016 - 08:19 AM, said:

hmm don't know TBH, from what I'm seeing it feels like pugs like to scout more than to invade.

Yep, and if you notice the QQ threads, its solo loyalists with no unit, or freelancers.

The unit scouting is HARDMODE. Streakcrows are totally useless. Which is what every complaint since the patch has been. "Streakcrows OP."

#8 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:39 AM

At the very least solo players should be able to join unit play without having to make a fake unit name.

#9 Tyli

Rookie

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:41 AM

I think there might be some people who are members of smaller units with just a few friends, with no real interest to join a big one for whatever reasons.

As all units are automatically turned mercenaries and mercenaries are unable to use the solo queue at all (for when the other unit members aren't online), the only way to get access to it would be to go loyalist. And since our loyalties lies in different places, that's unlikely to happen.

So what about expanding the solo queue to allow small groups (like groups of max 4 or something) of mercenaries as well? Or even just ungrouped mercenaries?

#10 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:44 AM

Gee, I wonder how Russ came to that conclusion.

I think most of the solo PUGs would preferably do "Scouting" missions instead of invasion... even then, it only confirms what many of us has said about that particular population - they need guidance from their faction TS hub instead of trying to solo FW PUG their way through torture.

#11 Palor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 372 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationManitowoc WI

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:44 AM

I think he should wait till the weekend is over before making any decisions. Most solo players are also weekend only players.

The new system is just that new, give it a little time to see how it goes.

#12 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:45 AM

Nuke solo FP queue altogether.

It's not hard to go to TS and find a unit you'd like to play with, you'll learn game faster, you'd have much better experience, you're more likely to stay because of the social aspect and spend more money. Not to mention that there will be no one to stomp, except for Mariks =)

Edited by kapusta11, 21 April 2016 - 08:47 AM.

#13 Livewyr

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:52 AM

Not enough players to justify a separate queue. *SHOCK*

1: It's mid week.
2: Separate queues are always a pretty terrible idea. (That's why you insisted on mode voting...)

Make Faction Warfare only available to units. Pretty simple.

A: Don't want to join a unit? Play quickplay.
B: Love to play community faction warfare, but cannot be arsed to look for a unit? You are probably the guy dragging the team down.

This is supposed to be end-game content, something greater than quickplay. You are never going to succeed if you insist on "faction warfare" being just another game mode trying to cater to all the noncommittal casuals who drag the team down in the name of "I want that too!"

Entitled brats. Go play quickplay if you cannot be arsed to commit even the smallest amount toward faction warfare.

(And PGI, quit giving out Cbills and XP for community warfare matches....give something better.)

Edited by Livewyr, 21 April 2016 - 08:53 AM.

#14 Big Tin Man

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:56 AM

Do nothing at the moment.

Run a weekend event to draw attention to FW for both pugs and occasional unit players and folks taking a break.

See what happens. Evaluate next week.

View PostLivewyr, on 21 April 2016 - 08:52 AM, said:

(And PGI, quit giving out Cbills and XP for community warfare matches....give something better.)

Loyalty points and MC for captured planets isn't enough? What do you want, free kittens?

Edited by Big Tin Man, 21 April 2016 - 08:56 AM.

#15 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:03 AM

Idk, maybe give units more than 5 ******* MC for capturing a planet and you might actually create an incentive for organized units to play FW?

Maybe change the leaderboards so they aren't just another XP grind like every other ******* tier/rank feature that's been in this game? You know, like an ACTUAL leaderboard that each player has an actual chance of getting on by playing well?

The updates and new game mode for FW are great, but PGI still has yet to create an incentive for units and solo players to play it.

#16 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:07 AM

View PostAresye, on 21 April 2016 - 09:03 AM, said:

Idk, maybe give units more than 5 ******* MC for capturing a planet and you might actually create an incentive for organized units to play FW?

Guys, we're only 30 cycles (10 days) away from getting enough MC to gift someone a mechbay that's on sale @ 50% off!!!!!1111!

#17 Orville Righteous

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 127 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:07 AM

They should let Solo Unit Players participate in the Solo queue. Could it check to see if a member of your unit is already queued up for the planet and not allow another member of the unit to join?

The current setup hasn't really helped me at all. I've only ever dropped with four members of my unit and other PuGers vs 12 Mans and it's been so lopsided we stopped doing it. If I could go it alone vs other PuGers I'd give it another shot, but apparently I have to leave my unit to participate in the solo queue.

#18 Livewyr

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:08 AM

View PostBig Tin Man, on 21 April 2016 - 08:56 AM, said:

Loyalty points and MC for captured planets isn't enough? What do you want, free kittens?

Loyalty points are nothing more than XP towards some 1-time-reward free stuff...

MC amount for captured planets is pitiful, and they cannot make that higher or they cut profits too much. So offer something Better than Cbills/XP but not as good as MC.

Treat the faction warfare like END GAME CONTENT.

Edited by Livewyr, 21 April 2016 - 09:09 AM.

#19 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:10 AM

View PostBig Tin Man, on 21 April 2016 - 08:56 AM, said:

Do nothing at the moment.

I play all month for a puppy ;p

#20 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:14 AM

View PostPalor, on 21 April 2016 - 08:44 AM, said:

I think he should wait till the weekend is over before making any decisions. Most solo players are also weekend only players.

The new system is just that new, give it a little time to see how it goes.

Even if the rumored FW event happens this weekend, the likelihood that what we see now is the norm (likely to be even less than before since it just released).

I'm not saying we can't give it a weekend, but let's be honest - this is the likely the status quo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users