Russ Wants To Know How Solo Fw Players Think

150 replies to this topic

Poll: What to do with split queues in FW (222 member(s) have cast votes)

How to split queues

1. Leave solo & unit scouting seperated, merge invasion queues (55 votes [24.02%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.02%

2. Merge scouting, leave invasion seperated (19 votes [8.30%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.30%

3. Merge both (81 votes [35.37%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.37%

4. Leave as is (43 votes [18.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.78%

5. Another idea (tell in thread) (31 votes [13.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.54%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:35 PM

View PostTexAce, on 21 April 2016 - 12:07 PM, said:

if you join a unit you drop with a unit. If you are online alone and none of your unit is, what do you do? Play with your thumbs?

Seriously, the best way to act now is to get a 1-man unit, because you are free to do what ever you want and are not restricted by your unit.

PGI is trying to reduce the pain of paying solo against organized groups. If you were dropping alone, I'm sure you've had the seal clubbing experience? I don't think it's gotten any better with phase 3 but it's the ideas that are lacking, not PGI's "caring" and desire to improve your experience.

#42 DarklightCA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 774 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 21 April 2016 - 01:00 PM

The difference between units and solo players is that units are organized and coordinated. As a solo player every game you drop you enter what people refer to as the "pug lottery" where players variety in mechs, loadouts and willingness to cooperate with other players. As such units have a lot of advantages over them, the easiest solution would be for them to join a unit but for whatever reason units are evil incarnate apparently so painful solo queueing is their only option.

Separating players without units isn't really solving any problems for them or helping anybody else as bad players come with tags and without tags, uncooperative players come with tags and without tags as well. What the gamemode could really use is better player management. PGI created a very good organization tool with LFG that is very underused.

If LFG was a requirement to playing Community Warfare for example than people could manage their groups a lot better prior to being placed in a drop. Solo players could manage their decks with the group prior to playing the game, players could kick out uncooperative players prior to having to be put in a match with them and those players could coordinate enough to pick somebody that would command the game for them if they chose to. All these things would limit some of the advantages units have over solo players.

If you look at the most successful factions right now they have one thing in common, their solo players are a lot more organized than the standard solo player of most factions. FRR for instance has a lot of solo players that coordinate to join one group prior to playing a match and they do so through the FRR hub, they also coordinate through there to play with FRR units and as such pickup a lot of good tactics and advice from those units. Playing against them is not much different than playing against a average 12 man unit.

#43 Danjo San

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Liao
  • Hero of Liao
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 01:30 PM

As for numbers at this very moment (taken from the leaderboard stats): Liao Loyalists alltogether 308, Solo 90, thats 29% spread them over multiple timezones... and have fun! there are just not enough players in general to split the queue... bring them back together!

#44 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,975 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 21 April 2016 - 01:37 PM

Not sure who Russ wants to hear from

I am a solo Loyalist I have a 1 man unit

I’ve had a 1 man unit from the start of CW

It was a very hard decision to go unit loyalist

I find it hard to believe Russ wants to hear from us

Must be a seal shortage lol

View PostDanjo San, on 21 April 2016 - 01:30 PM, said:

As for numbers at this very moment (taken from the leaderboard stats): Liao Loyalists alltogether 308, Solo 90, thats 29% spread them over multiple timezones... and have fun! there are just not enough players in general to split the queue... bring them back together!

another seal hunter

dude its only the third day

#45 Kanil

• 1,067 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 01:38 PM

As a solo FW player, I'd really just like a QP 4v4 mode, and maybe one with a drop deck too.

Then I can leave the map painting exercise to the people who actually enjoy it.

If we're not getting that, and population is a problem (wouldn't know, only played scout, it's easy to find 4 guys) then merging the larger of the two missions first seems the obvious choice.

#46 Afuldan McKronik

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,331 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 April 2016 - 01:42 PM

View PostDavegt27, on 21 April 2016 - 01:37 PM, said:

Not sure who Russ wants to hear from

I am a solo Loyalist I have a 1 man unit

I’ve had a 1 man unit from the start of CW

It was a very hard decision to go unit loyalist

I find it hard to believe Russ wants to hear from us

Must be a seal shortage lol

another seal hunter

dude its only the third day

I think I dropped a scout mission against you and lost last night.

The problem is most players dont forum/reddit at all, until they are so frustrated they come and spew hatred and quit.

This whole FP/CW area is full of strategy that is working. Not my fault that someone isn't doing their reading. Its like one of my childhood friends. New game comes out, he struggles with every control and concept in game. While I read through the manual and tell him what buttons do what.

Someone had the idea of the Training Mode also walk a new player in how to build the Golden Standard HBK-4G. Something like this might be needed for new players who might be used to CoD and having optimized loadouts given to them.

#47 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 21 April 2016 - 03:52 PM

Less than 24 hours in, and already he's regretting his decision.

We warned you.

Change it back to the way it was: mix the units and non-units, in both Scouting and Invasion.

There's no Community otherwise without it.

#48 DarkMetalBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 270 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 04:23 PM

THe reason why it has failed is because the damage has already been done & a lot of solos have all but forsaken FW.

THe Queue split was too little, too late; this mode should be made for units only & should be renamed as Unit Warfare.

#49 Karamarka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 809 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 04:35 PM

I really like the idea of 1, 2 is ok and 3 is ok as last resort.

anyone who votes for 4 is crazy. They simply don't even play if they vote for that one.

Edited by Karamarka, 21 April 2016 - 04:35 PM.

#50 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 21 April 2016 - 04:41 PM

Well, this is your update...

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__5149290

#51 TexAce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 April 2016 - 04:43 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 21 April 2016 - 04:41 PM, said:

Well, this is your update...

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__5149290

I'm actually not sure if he is talking about merging only invasion queues or both.

#52 fatalitywolf

Rookie

• Staff Sergeant
  • Staff Sergeant
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 04:59 PM

am still fairly new to the game but i fell in love with faction warfare exactly because its organized it was simple all i had to do was jump on house mariks ts and there would always be a group i could get involved i could drop with.

i only found out about the ts because i was solo dropping and people were like hey get on this ts it will make thing better.

i did not have to be part of a unit to get involved in organized drops but when the new patch dropped i found i was put in the situation were i felt i had to join a unit of some kind to keep doing that so i made my own unit with just me in it so i did not get forced to pledge to a unit before i was ready to do so.

so i do think merging the queues back together would be better in the long run

#53 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 05:03 PM

View PostTexAce, on 21 April 2016 - 04:43 PM, said:

I'm actually not sure if he is talking about merging only invasion queues or both.

Both.

#54 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 05:25 PM

At the risk of getting flamed -

Make scouting as close to pug only as possible. Maybe no grouping and mixed pug/unit?

I get people love the scouting queue but units need to be focused on invasion queue. This would also move a ton of solo queue focus to scouting, which isn't a bad thing.

So combine scouting, no grouping in scouting. More matches for solos, still there for units but lacking the depth that invasion does.

#55 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 05:30 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 21 April 2016 - 05:25 PM, said:

At the risk of getting flamed -

Make scouting as close to pug only as possible. Maybe no grouping and mixed pug/unit?

I get people love the scouting queue but units need to be focused on invasion queue. This would also move a ton of solo queue focus to scouting, which isn't a bad thing.

So combine scouting, no grouping in scouting. More matches for solos, still there for units but lacking the depth that invasion does.

I don't think we can have that.

It's actually worthwhile to commit to a 4-man Scouting mission when having 6 or less people available... if just to accelerate or prevent the use of the "tactical nuke". This is completely despite not being profitable for doing those missions.

It has an oddly intrinsic value that didn't exist before for units (lance practice).

#56 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 05:33 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 21 April 2016 - 05:30 PM, said:

I don't think we can have that.

It's actually worthwhile to commit to a 4-man Scouting mission when having 6 or less people available... if just to accelerate or prevent the use of the "tactical nuke". This is completely despite not being profitable for doing those missions.

It has an oddly intrinsic value that didn't exist before for units (lance practice).

True but if we were looking at partial mergers it was a way to bring solos in without putting them under the bus.

Moot now though.

#57 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 05:38 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 21 April 2016 - 05:33 PM, said:

True but if we were looking at partial mergers it was a way to bring solos in without putting them under the bus.

Moot now though.

The best way as far as I'm concerned.. is having a convenient "connect to faction hub" button that brings players to the appropriate faction hub and allow those running faction hubs the control to move them wherever these players need to go for the purpose of coordinating for the appropriate mission.

That's the only way of making this "stupidly easy" for those of us who want to help these players out.

#58 Pxranger

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 49 posts
  • LocationEastern Kentucky

Posted 21 April 2016 - 06:23 PM

View Postkapusta11, on 21 April 2016 - 08:45 AM, said:

Nuke solo FP queue altogether.

It's not hard to go to TS and find a unit you'd like to play with, you'll learn game faster, you'd have much better experience, you're more likely to stay because of the social aspect and spend more money. Not to mention that there will be no one to stomp, except for Mariks =)

Solo player without a 1 man unit here. I don't have any desire to be on teamspeak, or be forced to join a Unit to play a part of this game. I spend a bit of cash on this game on occasion, and my money is just as good as some elitist who trash talks Solo players, and assumes someone without a unit tag, is without skills.
I've been playing this game since Beta. I don't belong to a unit, tried it a bit, but it didn't work out. I enjoy Quickplay, but having the Scout option for FW has made it an enjoyable option for me, and I don't have to get clubbed by seal hunters to play FW.

#59 DaFrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • 421 posts
  • Locationmontreal

Posted 21 April 2016 - 07:08 PM

scrap scouting. it's public queue in 4 vs 4. No tactical value or interest,

#60 AnimeFreak40K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 455 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSomewhere between the State of Confusion and the State of Insanity.

Posted 21 April 2016 - 07:22 PM

Personally, I like the changes... though I will admit that I'm going to miss the Invasion Mode portion of FW. As it stands, I'm a Freelancer and I have little incentive to change this (want to build up LP/make use of the Phoenix mechs and Loyalty Medallions...but don't want to have to break loyalty every time I want to play with the other mechs I paid real money for in the game mode I bought them for).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users