23 replies to this topic

#21 Shaman GW

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 06:33 PM

View PostElendil, on 27 April 2016 - 11:44 AM, said:

I like the idea of removing weapon convergence when firing multiple weapons...
The spread would be as wide as whatever your hardpoint placement is when you alpha, but if you fire individually they hit right where you're aiming.

View PostNorthbear, on 27 April 2016 - 04:06 AM, said:

Interesting problem we have in this game.
They increase the heat generated and lower the heat reduction to balance the game???
No they need to get rid of the pin point accuracy with multiple weapons.
Take the cone of fire with lb-x, srm, and lrm's. random and spread further at range.
Example srm6 at point blank range is dead accurate with a good gunner, move out to 200-270 m and a good gunner can still hit but the damage is spread to out to many components like in table top.
Now take the hbk-4p at any range, speed, and heat generated all its lasers can and will hit where the gunner has shot.
If they would take the pin point out of it the alpha damage would go down and we as a player base would have longer matches, new players would have more time in the match before they punch out and they could learn faster how to pilot and shoot with there mech.
And they could do proper tweaks to the system Jagger and Riflemen have the best targeting and tracking comp in the inner sphere but right now they are the same as all the others.
clans have there op weapons comp to help with accuracy as well.
just a thought.

I agree with you on the convergence. I would go as far to as to have the more weapons you fire the less the convergence. For example if you fire 2 weapons there would be a good chance that they will hit the same area, 3 would be less likely and so on.

As for the heat i do think that it was a bad decision to increase the heat of the weapons and decrease the rating of the heat-sinks and would be better to just make it take longer to dissipate the heat would bring it closer to the tt and keep it playable, eliminate the need for ghost heat and penalize you for alpha strikes.

#22 Cy Mitchell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 08:35 PM

Whatever they come up with needs to deal with more than just laser alphas. The meta is not really laser alpha it is simply alpha. We have alpha laser, gauss, AC, PPC and SRM. Heat restrictions may slow down laser but they will not have an equal effect of ballistics and missiles. A comination heat/power draw system which has been suggested by others might control it.

I advocate more negative effects as a result of Alphas use and abuse. I would like to see reduced movement speed, reduced torso twist speed, degrading of targeting, longer weapon recycle duration and longer shutdowns. Alphas should not be eliminated IMO but they should be very costly to the pilot using them to the point that they become a last ditched move.

#23 VinJade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 11:41 PM

@Ram
To be fair people who's weapons mainly consist of Ammunition tend to run out faster if they just keep alpha their weapons if it risk waste.

good example Alpha weapons like LRMs (I fire mine in a 3-2-3-2-ect bracket fire) which runs dry rather fast,
those who run ACs, GR, & SRMs run out of ammo if not careful.

And heat is a even bigger problem as well.
With the flamers being even more over powered now they can cause a mech to over heat in less time than a mech going alpha.

need to tame the Flamers first.

#24 Shaman GW

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 06:56 PM

View PostVinJade, on 28 April 2016 - 11:41 PM, said:

@Ram
To be fair people who's weapons mainly consist of Ammunition tend to run out faster if they just keep alpha their weapons if it risk waste.

good example Alpha weapons like LRMs (I fire mine in a 3-2-3-2-ect bracket fire) which runs dry rather fast,
those who run ACs, GR, & SRMs run out of ammo if not careful.

And heat is a even bigger problem as well.
With the flamers being even more over powered now they can cause a mech to over heat in less time than a mech going alpha.

need to tame the Flamers first.

I agree Vin that ammo weapons have their own drawbacks of weight, location, ammo and travel time where lasers pretty much only have heat. I don't think that you should limit the amount of weapons that someone can fire per say, that is where the convergence idea has a lot of potential if they can get that to work.
Lengthen the time it takes to dissipate the heat won't stop some one from using alpha strike but it would decrease the amount of them they could do. Also if you made it take a half to quarter second for the weapons to converge it would stop the surgical strikes with multi weapon shots.
I will say the power draw doesn't realy make a lot of sense to me considering that all of the energy weapons have a recharge time that is already built into them. That is the time it takes for them to recharge and keep from melting down. Ballistic and missile weapons also have a recharge time that takes them to reload (& recharge in the Gauss Cannon case). I mean these are nuclear reactors in these mechs, they vent them for jump jets and so on. If you go the power draw route then the Jump Jets should have a negative effect on weapon recharge rates IMO. But that would be way to much coding IMO.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users