#181 Darian DelFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 25 April 2016 - 07:50 PM

View PostJikil, on 25 April 2016 - 06:58 PM, said:

MRBC is the most controlled environment we can get. Not only are drop decks restricted but in many cases your seeing some of the best pilots the game has to offer.

All the matches have scorecards to show us what mechs got used for what drops. Also many many teams have videos posted so you can see just how certain mechs play out.

The Oxide got its lion share in the drops and many teams opted to use their only duplicate on the oxide. That means that in Drop 1 the Oxide is more valuable than any other light or medium mech.

Are you guys just so blinded by your love for the oxide jenner that you can't see whats wrong with it?

At some point your going to have realize that yes the oxide is the best light and with good reason. Quirks have always controlled the flow of the meta. The Oxide got blessed hard by PGI with their quirks. I don't know if it was so IS could have a match to the Jenner IIC or what.

The quirks need to be changed. Start with the missile heat gen and missile cooldown. If you remove the Heat gen and cut down the cooldown I bet you'll see the oxide in a better balanced state.

And what your not realizing is the Drop Deck 1 for MRBC DOES NOT include Clan Streaks. However when you get to Drop Decks 3 and 4, Oxides all but disappear. While still used, they are NOT used as abundantly as they are in Drop Deck 1. Drop deck 3 and 4 represent MWO far better than Drop deck 1 or 2 does IMHO. (However this opinion may change, 4v4 is still ongoing)

That is what Abstract is saying. The rules for MRBC remove a great HARD COUNTER to lights and OXIDES. So since the hard counter is gone lights (Oxides) flourish in those decks. But once the heavier decks come into play they all but disappear, Someone posted a nice spread sheet in an earlier post that broke it down.

Also MRBC is NOT MWO since MWO has no rules and MRBC does. While MRBC wants to see fair matches and have them be fun for all involved, it is still not MWO where there are no rules per se.

Yes we know the OXIDE is a great mech no one is disputing that. Yes it is a MC only mech. People seem to base the perception of the OP'ness on the MRBC videos specially drop deck one.

Some have stated that the Oxide is OP and it can face tank multiple assaults, not only live but beat the assaults. I have asked one simple thing. Show me 1 video of an Oxide face tanking 2 or more assaults and winning handily. (Preferably without Hit Reg Issues)

To date no one has.

When talking about 4v4 and how do deal with streak crows I found this interesting,.....

View PostGyrok, on 20 April 2016 - 10:15 AM, said:

Since many people have to be told how to do anything to figure something out, rather than experiment to their own devices:

You can bring Sparky, Shawk 2K, BJ1X, BJ-A, ENF-4R, CDA-3M, WVR-6K, CRB and many others to leg from range and completely prevent streaks from doing any damage. If you can aim PPCs, the BJ3 is also great for that as well.

If you want to brawl, bring something like a Shawk 2D2, or MPL sparky, or Crabs with MPLs.

If you want SRMs, bring GRF-3M or 2N, or a Shawk 2D2 and wreck them outright with huge tightly packed SRM volleys.

If you want Dakka, run a 2H Shawk or 5M and just hammer the daylights out of them from range. With the reticule shake from the constant dakka barrage, they will never lock anything.

If you cannot put the pieces together to sort it all out after all those options...well...I am not sure what to tell you.

Not one mention of the OP Oxide...... I wonder why

Edited by Darian DelFord, 25 April 2016 - 08:01 PM.

#182 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,785 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 25 April 2016 - 07:58 PM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 25 April 2016 - 07:50 PM, said:

However when you get to Drop Decks 3 and 4, Oxides all but disappear.

Not really, 2-5 all have Oxide potential, it is more dependent on whether you can commit to a brawl/push.

#183 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 25 April 2016 - 08:00 PM

lol @ 5 oxide OP threads on front page...

Yep...no problem there at all...

#184 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 25 April 2016 - 08:04 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 25 April 2016 - 07:58 PM, said:

Not really, 2-5 all have Oxide potential, it is more dependent on whether you can commit to a brawl/push.

Drop Deck 1 and 2 are more likely to have Oxides than 3-5 I have observed. Not saying the potential is not there, I have seen it yes. Just not as common place as 1 or 2. It also depends on a lot of factors, Maps and more importantly how the previous matches have gone and if any weakness's in your opponents have been discovered.

View PostGyrok, on 25 April 2016 - 08:00 PM, said:

lol @ 5 oxide OP threads on front page...

Yep...no problem there at all...

Oh Please, you had to go and Necro them all and you were already called out on in on page 9 of this one.

And there are only 4 OP threads get your facts right....... again.

Edited by Darian DelFord, 25 April 2016 - 08:05 PM.

#185 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,785 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 08:07 PM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 25 April 2016 - 08:04 PM, said:

Maps and more importantly how the previous matches have gone and if any weakness's in your opponents have been discovered.

It's really just dependent on maps, weaknesses with a strat should really be ironed out before hand. You aren't going to find all of them, but a lot of the time the problem is execution of practiced strat, not the actual strat itself.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 25 April 2016 - 08:07 PM.

#186 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 08:08 PM

View PostTripzter, on 23 April 2016 - 08:29 PM, said:

The Oxide is OP because its broken. Broken as in you can hit it but hits dont register.

Only as broken as the Arctic Cheetah, Firestarter or Spider...

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 23 April 2016 - 08:53 PM, said:

btw, why did people forget huggin? back then it used to be mostly srm huggin spam with rare srm oxides

Idk, I love my Huggin, use it in FP invasion and scouting matches and is still one of my favorites to run. Find that upping to SRM 6's works great when you need to pack a punch and run.. ..so long as you don't miss ;)

I will stop sharing this in any thread that references the Huggin now... :P

#187 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 25 April 2016 - 08:09 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 25 April 2016 - 08:07 PM, said:

It's really just dependent on maps, weaknesses with a strat should really be ironed out before hand. You aren't going to find all of them, but a lot of the time the problem is execution of practiced strat, not the actual strat itself.

Agreed :>

#188 DrxAbstract

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 25 April 2016 - 08:14 PM

View Postpwnface, on 25 April 2016 - 04:34 PM, said:

Anytime someone says mech A is good or mech B is bad, it's an opinion. You don't have to prove opinions as facts.
If 90% of competitive players think the Oxide is the best light mech that means the majority of opinions align in one direction. MRBC statistics are the best way for us to gauge these opinions.

You don't need FACTS to justify what is good and what is bad.

If 100 people think poo tastes terrible but 1 person thinks poo tastes great it has no bearing on whether poo is factually good tasting or not. It's a matter of opinion, however overwhelming opinion in one direction holds a lot more water than the few.

So no, it's not a FACT that Oxides are the best light mech in the game, however the overwhelming majority of competitive players' opinions align with that conclusion and that is plenty good enough for me. (especially since I happen the have the same opinion)

I would say you raise a good point, except that you dont. This isnt about whether or not poop tastes good (Which is saying you actually have to partake in order to form such an opinion). This is about whether or not you should be subjected to smelling said poop while others partake. That's the flaw in your logic. You see, whether or not people think poop tastes good, it doesnt affect you. The smell of it, however, does.

Some people like the taste of poop, others do not. What you're arguing is that you shouldnt have to smell said poop while others eat it. There's nothing wrong with people that like to eat poop and as long as they serve it in places you eat, you're just going to have to deal with smelling it, or eat somewhere else that doesnt serve poop. You're trying to force your BELIEFS (Not Facts) upon others based entirely upon opinion (Not Facts). That's why arguments based upon Facts matter so very much more than those based upon Opinions. If you could prove, with facts, that you having to smell poop is detrimental in some quantifiable way to yourself, then you just need to deal with it whether you like it or not, think they should or not, agree with it or not. So... Does the poop smelling bad detrimentally affect you? How much more does it affect you, in a detrimental manner, than the Lobster special, or the Roast Beef sandwiches? Opinions are the burden of those that form them, not those around them... Because if the latter is false, rationale and logic have failed.

View Postpwnface, on 25 April 2016 - 04:37 PM, said:

I've seen SJR terrorize the public queue several times by running mass oxides and various other brawlers. Teams DO do this.(hehe I said doodoo)

Has happened with Firestarters, JR7-Ds, JR7-Fs, Spiders, ACHs, Ravens... There's only a handful of Mechs that this has not been done with... Many of which werent OP, just simply funny as hell.

View PostJikil, on 25 April 2016 - 06:58 PM, said:

MRBC is the most controlled environment we can get. Not only are drop decks restricted but in many cases your seeing some of the best pilots the game has to offer.

All the matches have scorecards to show us what mechs got used for what drops. Also many many teams have videos posted so you can see just how certain mechs play out.

The Oxide got its lion share in the drops and many teams opted to use their only duplicate on the oxide. That means that in Drop 1 the Oxide is more valuable than any other light or medium mech.

Are you guys just so blinded by your love for the oxide jenner that you can't see whats wrong with it?

At some point your going to have realize that yes the oxide is the best light and with good reason. Quirks have always controlled the flow of the meta. The Oxide got blessed hard by PGI with their quirks. I don't know if it was so IS could have a match to the Jenner IIC or what.

The quirks need to be changed. Start with the missile heat gen and missile cooldown. If you remove the Heat gen and cut down the cooldown I bet you'll see the oxide in a better balanced state.

MRBC is a controlled environment, yes. Is it one conducive to creating accurate results on Mech viability? No. It's like playing cards with a stacked deck and declaring the results 'conclusive'. They're not.

And as I've said, the only legitimate, factual complaints to be made against the Oxide is its 'above average' DPS (Compared to other Combat Lights), and lack of Heat Generation... To which I suggested removing the Heat Gen quirk and lowering the Missile Cooldown... so you basically told me I was wrong, biased and then admitted my conclusion was correct at the end... I dont think a picture exists on the internet to portray just how hard I would facepalm at you.

Edited by DrxAbstract, 25 April 2016 - 08:25 PM.

#189 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 11:38 PM

You are completely changing your argument here from...

View PostDrxAbstract, on 25 April 2016 - 03:44 PM, said:

People are discussing using nothing but opinions, omissions of facts and ambiguous, misleading information while ignoring true logic, facts, and actualities either because they dont understand it, didn't consider it, or it's an inconvenience to their opinion.

"Currently the best Light in the game." Not only is this a false statement, it's completely impossible to prove it one way or another. It's an opinion. Keep your "soandso tested it" nonsense to yourself - You cant accurately test that theory and anyone with scientific sense would have told you that a long time ago. Your 'tests' mean absolutely nothing to anyone capable of objective thinking, are useless for anything other than supporting invalid arguments and swaying uninformed opinions.

To this...

View PostDrxAbstract, on 25 April 2016 - 08:14 PM, said:

I would say you raise a good point, except that you dont. This isnt about whether or not poop tastes good (Which is saying you actually have to partake in order to form such an opinion). This is about whether or not you should be subjected to smelling said poop while others partake. That's the flaw in your logic. You see, whether or not people think poop tastes good, it doesnt affect you. The smell of it, however, does.

I have not asked for nerfs to oxides. I've merely pointed out that if the majority of competitive players agree with a particular opinion it holds more weight than a few detractors. You've made false assumptions whether intentionally or not and have committed a classic straw man fallacy.

MRBC statistics show us that oxides are the most played light mech in competitive play currently, this suggests that the majority of competitive players believe the oxide is currently one of the strongest light mechs.

So yeah maybe all the Div A and Div B teams in MRBC that are running Oxides all the time are all idiots and you are the real expert on what is good in MWO, or maybe you are just biased and talking out of your ***. Whatever opinion you may have, it goes against the general consensus and calling internal testing of several comp teams and statistics "nonsense" doesn't really help your case.

Edited by pwnface, 25 April 2016 - 11:38 PM.

#190 DrxAbstract

• The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 26 April 2016 - 01:03 AM

View Postpwnface, on 25 April 2016 - 11:38 PM, said:

I have not asked for nerfs to oxides. I've merely pointed out that if the majority of competitive players agree with a particular opinion it holds more weight than a few detractors. You've made false assumptions whether intentionally or not and have committed a classic straw man fallacy.

MRBC statistics show us that oxides are the most played light mech in competitive play currently, this suggests that the majority of competitive players believe the oxide is currently one of the strongest light mechs.

So yeah maybe all the Div A and Div B teams in MRBC that are running Oxides all the time are all idiots and you are the real expert on what is good in MWO, or maybe you are just biased and talking out of your ***. Whatever opinion you may have, it goes against the general consensus and calling internal testing of several comp teams and statistics "nonsense" doesn't really help your case.

I didnt say they were idiots. I've outright stated the Oxide might be the 'best' choice under those specific circumstances.

I also didn't say you called for anything. I was contesting the logic of your argument, so put the straw man away.

Internal testing with varied players of varied skill, varied experience, varied styles and methodologies who may or may not have a headache, have to take a piss, be hungry, listening to music, have a girl/guy/pet pestering them for attention, etc... Sounds super scientific legit. Tell me more about this ultra-accurate 'internal testing' farce process, because last I checked, no two pilots were equal or the same, yet the basis of your argument rests solely on both invalid (MRBC) data and 'testing' with so many variables the results produced are questionable at best.

MWO: Unrestricted, open gameplay. MRBC: Restricted, specifically constructed rulesets. Drop One specifically requires Light Mechs while simultaneously outlawing Streaks. Within those guidelines, the Oxide may be the most viable Light. Within the actual game of MWO itself where such restrictions are non-existent, such conclusions are invalid and should not be used to alter the actual gameplay of MWO because they have nothing to do with the actual gameplay of MWO... Which leads back to one of the questions I posited earlier: If you as a player were not required to play a Light, would you? It's been ignored despite its importance. It's not "The most common competitive Light." in MWO. Play Comp matches without restrictions, then come back and make such assertions... Otherwise it's just another fallacious, unsupported claim. MRBC =/= MWO Gameplay. As long as there are drop deck Mech and Weapon restrictions, it never will be... Nor should any assumptions or conclusions based on MRBC data ever affect MWO Balance.

That 'comp' players dont understand this is alarming and terrifying.

#191 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 03:10 AM

Drop 1 aside the oxide is still the most commonly taken light mech.

Internal testing doesn't have to be super scientific to draw accurate conclusions. When multiple independent teams draw the same conclusions it's likely not a coincidence.

Bringing up the light weight class versus other weight classes has absolutely no bearing on the relative strength of the Oxide within the light weight class and has absolutely nothing to do with this conversation.

It's clear that you have your own opinion and are just here to debunk the "oxides are the strongest" hype train. I really don't care at all to try to convince you of anything.

#192 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 April 2016 - 03:20 AM

View PostDrxAbstract, on 26 April 2016 - 01:03 AM, said:

I didnt say they were idiots. I've outright stated the Oxide might be the 'best' choice under those specific circumstances.

I also didn't say you called for anything. I was contesting the logic of your argument, so put the straw man away.

Internal testing with varied players of varied skill, varied experience, varied styles and methodologies who may or may not have a headache, have to take a piss, be hungry, listening to music, have a girl/guy/pet pestering them for attention, etc... Sounds super scientific legit. Tell me more about this ultra-accurate 'internal testing' farce process, because last I checked, no two pilots were equal or the same, yet the basis of your argument rests solely on both invalid (MRBC) data and 'testing' with so many variables the results produced are questionable at best.

MWO: Unrestricted, open gameplay. MRBC: Restricted, specifically constructed rulesets. Drop One specifically requires Light Mechs while simultaneously outlawing Streaks. Within those guidelines, the Oxide may be the most viable Light. Within the actual game of MWO itself where such restrictions are non-existent, such conclusions are invalid and should not be used to alter the actual gameplay of MWO because they have nothing to do with the actual gameplay of MWO... Which leads back to one of the questions I posited earlier: If you as a player were not required to play a Light, would you? It's been ignored despite its importance. It's not "The most common competitive Light." in MWO. Play Comp matches without restrictions, then come back and make such assertions... Otherwise it's just another fallacious, unsupported claim. MRBC =/= MWO Gameplay. As long as there are drop deck Mech and Weapon restrictions, it never will be... Nor should any assumptions or conclusions based on MRBC data ever affect MWO Balance.

That 'comp' players dont understand this is alarming and terrifying.

I'm going to laugh if the Oxide isn't nerfed in time for the PGI tournament and the majority of highly competitive teams all choose two Oxides as their lights despite the lack of these 'rigourously constructed restrictions." Even on Canyon Network having to deal with those well... Canyons and no JJs... Oxides are still going to be a shoe in for the majority of teams because of their tankiness and sheer DPS.

#193 Dino Might

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 03:33 AM

View PostTarogato, on 26 April 2016 - 03:20 AM, said:

I'm going to laugh if the Oxide isn't nerfed in time for the PGI tournament and the majority of highly competitive teams all choose two Oxides as their lights despite the lack of these 'rigourously constructed restrictions." Even on Canyon Network having to deal with those well... Canyons and no JJs... Oxides are still going to be a shoe in for the majority of teams because of their tankiness and sheer DPS.

Of course it would be, if the Oxide is 0.001% better than any other light, then everyone and their mother will run the Oxide. I don't think anyone actually thinks the Oxide is bad. It's a great mech, but the question is, "is it too good?" To that, I say, "no." If anything, this thread is just another feather in the cap for those that say the rest of the lights need to be buffed.

Even [he who shall not be named] calls the Locust the "Lolcust," and yet, it is nearly as good as the Oxide in many circumstances. It is obvious, people don't take most lights seriously, and the Oxide being the first one that they do, they scream OP. It's all a relative argument with them.

#194 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 26 April 2016 - 05:06 AM

View Postpwnface, on 26 April 2016 - 03:10 AM, said:

Drop 1 aside the oxide is still the most commonly taken light mech.

Internal testing doesn't have to be super scientific to draw accurate conclusions. When multiple independent teams draw the same conclusions it's likely not a coincidence.

Bringing up the light weight class versus other weight classes has absolutely no bearing on the relative strength of the Oxide within the light weight class and has absolutely nothing to do with this conversation.

It's clear that you have your own opinion and are just here to debunk the "oxides are the strongest" hype train. I really don't care at all to try to convince you of anything.

You are correct it probably is the most commonly taken light mech I do not think anyone is arguing that, I am not. However that does not make it OP as many are claiming. In Drop 1 it is VERY powerful due to the lack of streaks. Once streaks are put into the equations the OXIDES fall considerably, all lights do. Just for S's&G's I pull the Drop Deck 5 and 4 vids from the MRBC website, the one;s that had final scores anyways and they are posted in the bottom here. I think it tells a completely different story then what some would have us believe. That belief is the OXIDE is the GOD of MRBC, I think MRBC's Drop Deck 4 and 5 vids show a different story..

View PostTarogato, on 26 April 2016 - 03:20 AM, said:

I'm going to laugh if the Oxide isn't nerfed in time for the PGI tournament and the majority of highly competitive teams all choose two Oxides as their lights despite the lack of these 'rigorously constructed restrictions." Even on Canyon Network having to deal with those well... Canyons and no JJs... Oxides are still going to be a shoe in for the majority of teams because of their tankiness and sheer DPS.

You may be correct however once again it does not mean that the OXIDE is OP as many have claimed. NO ONE, myself included, has ever said that it is a weak mech. Nor have we said that it is not one of the strongest of the lights it is. However people are throwing around the claim of OP based on claims that it can face tank 2 assaults and live while they die. A fact that has yet to be shown in any video. However I did pull some Drop Deck 5 and 4 vids from MRBC site that shows a very different story of the OXIDE then what some would have us believe.

There are many more, these were just the first ones I found that had end of the round stats.

Source

https://mrbcleague.c...ules/videotube/

Edited by Darian DelFord, 26 April 2016 - 05:11 AM.

#195 xXBagheeraXx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 06:38 AM

Teach me how to Jenner please...I can drive a light mech to save my soul.

#196 Jikil

• PipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 83 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 06:42 AM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 25 April 2016 - 07:50 PM, said:

Some have stated that the Oxide is OP and it can face tank multiple assaults, not only live but beat the assaults. I have asked one simple thing. Show me 1 video of an Oxide face tanking 2 or more assaults and winning handily. (Preferably without Hit Reg Issues)

To date no one has.

Yeah man just let me get in my oxide and take a few videos. Oh wait I don't have one because its locked behind a paywall and I don't like playing light mechs enough to purchase it.

View PostDrxAbstract, on 25 April 2016 - 08:14 PM, said:

Some people like the taste of poop, others do not. What you're arguing is that you shouldnt have to smell said poop while others eat it. There's nothing wrong with people that like to eat poop and as long as they serve it in places you eat, you're just going to have to deal with smelling it, or eat somewhere else that doesnt serve poop. You're trying to force your BELIEFS (Not Facts) upon others based entirely upon opinion (Not Facts). That's why arguments based upon Facts matter so very much more than those based upon Opinions. If you could prove, with facts, that you having to smell poop is detrimental in some quantifiable way to yourself, then you just need to deal with it whether you like it or not, think they should or not, agree with it or not. So... Does the poop smelling bad detrimentally affect you? How much more does it affect you, in a detrimental manner, than the Lobster special, or the Roast Beef sandwiches? Opinions are the burden of those that form them, not those around them... Because if the latter is false, rationale and logic have failed.

Are you seriously trying to make an argument to eat ****?

If your willing to defend the absurd then maybe you aren't in a position to properly see the oxide for what it is.

View PostDarian DelFord, on 26 April 2016 - 05:06 AM, said:

You may be correct however once again it does not mean that the OXIDE is OP as many have claimed. NO ONE, myself included, has ever said that it is a weak mech. Nor have we said that it is not one of the strongest of the lights it is. However people are throwing around the claim of OP based on claims that it can face tank 2 assaults and live while they die. A fact that has yet to be shown in any video. However I did pull some Drop Deck 5 and 4 vids from MRBC site that shows a very different story of the OXIDE then what some would have us believe.

Maybe because there is a better mech for people to take double of, like maybe the mauler. By the way no one is claiming that the oxide is invincible. We're not saying that it can solo 2 assault mechs. But it is the strongest light at the thing lights are best at right now. Hit and run fighting that yields a lot of damage. But where other mechs can't just continue to assault like the FS or the AC the Oxide can keep fighting until it exhausts its missiles and it has the durability to survive mistakes that would destroy other light mechs.

I just want to leave this for some perspective. It's hard to see a larger scope of things when your biased against it.

#197 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 26 April 2016 - 06:59 AM

Going to ask you guys to tone it down a bit, as it's getting a little too edgy.

As in cut the insults and unconstructive wording in your responses to one another. Just because you don't like a argument doesn't give you the right to insult another.

#198 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 26 April 2016 - 07:00 AM

View PostJikil, on 26 April 2016 - 06:42 AM, said:

Yeah man just let me get in my oxide and take a few videos. Oh wait I don't have one because its locked behind a paywall and I don't like playing light mechs enough to purchase it.

If your willing to defend the absurd then maybe you aren't in a position to properly see the oxide for what it is.

Maybe because there is a better mech for people to take double of, like maybe the mauler. By the way no one is claiming that the oxide is invincible. We're not saying that it can solo 2 assault mechs. But it is the strongest light at the thing lights are best at right now. Hit and run fighting that yields a lot of damage. But where other mechs can't just continue to assault like the FS or the AC the Oxide can keep fighting until it exhausts its missiles and it has the durability to survive mistakes that would destroy other light mechs.

I just want to leave this for some perspective. It's hard to see a larger scope of things when your biased against it.

Interesting, as I have an Oxide and did not pay for it.

I see the OXIDE for exactly what it is, a strong light mech that has several weakness ans strength's, that can be 1 to 2 shot by any Heavy or Assault mech.

Actually several people have made that claim in other threads, and NO ONE has posted a single video of it yet. Folks in this thread as well as others have stated multiple times, "In MRBC play the OXIDE Rocks" Well in drop 1 yes. Get past drop 1 and the OXIDES and lights viability plummet. Why is that do you think? If it is as OP and tanky and able to shrug off hit after hit after hit as people claim then you would see more of them. The fact of the matter is you don't. When you have people who know how to play and most comp games are death ball movement, it SEVERELY limits the ToA's for lights and Oxides.

Yes the OXIDE is strong, Yes it is one of the strongest lights. That does not make it OP. It makes it exactly what it is. A Shoot and Scoot mech that has limited ammo but can still easily be dealt with by folks who know how to counter lights. Which is the strongest argument to bring up some of the under performing lights and there are plenty of them.

Edited by Darian DelFord, 26 April 2016 - 07:02 AM.

#199 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,785 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 07:02 AM

View PostDino Might, on 26 April 2016 - 03:33 AM, said:

Even [he who shall not be named] calls the Locust the "Lolcust," and yet, it is nearly as good as the Oxide in many circumstances. It is obvious, people don't take most lights seriously, and the Oxide being the first one that they do, they scream OP. It's all a relative argument with them.

It's not the first light that people took seriously, Oxides just drive so much of the lighter drops, and are still something you try to drop early in the larger drops just so you don't have to have that fear of it getting behind your team.

#200 Tahribator

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 07:03 AM

You are arguing just because you can pull off a match as good as an Oxide in an F, it's not OP. Which is silly because you can also pull off 1000+ damage and 7-8 kills matches in an SPL Locust semi regularly. Does that make it as good as the Oxide? Not really. A good player will find ways to make every 'Mech work and get good results against pubbies. You may fail a few times, but you'll eventually get the perfect match (bad teammates+bad enemies) and get a good result. Does it prove anything? No.

What matters is how much skill and experience is needed to do well in a 'Mech, this is has always been what defined the meta. People flock to things that give the best results for the least effort (high level poptarting may be an exception). Hugging 'Mechs in a fast SRM boat does not take as much effort as making a combined laser+SRM 'Mech work. Give it to an experienced player and the effor/result gap will be even higher.

That's what the problem is with the "outlier" 'Mechs like the Oxide.

Edited by Tahribator, 26 April 2016 - 07:05 AM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users