247 replies to this topic

#1 Darian DelFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 23 April 2016 - 08:00 PM

Apparently, according to some, any OXIDE pilot who pilots an OXIDE is using the mech as a crutch because he SUXXOR in any other mech.

Well if this is the case, then the Founders Jenner is P2W and must be nerfed into the ground. I mean, if I mainly pilot and OXIDE and its a crutch mech then I should be destroyed in a Jenner D.

Yet I was not, it must have some mystical powers, or magical hit boxes, or some secret that the PGI devs put into the Foudners mechs. Is that why they are stuck behind a pay wall never to be had again by anyone who did not have the cash?

Seriously will all the complaining going on how OP the OXIDE is sure the Foundesr Jenner MUST SUCK in the hands of an Oxide player

Suck it witches, this Jenner pilot plays excellent in ANY Jenner you hand him. Its not the mech, its the pilot.

/sarcasm off

Discussion on:

Apparently in case you did not get it, people who pilot Oxides can't pilot any other mech. After a certain Wolf Puppy decided to say that any who play an Oxide incapable of playing any other mech. Well hate to tell you buddy, but yet again your clueless

Sorry I just hate it when people spew mis conceptions instead of facts

Fun starst at 1 minute

Edited by Scout Derek, 23 April 2016 - 09:48 PM.
Renamed Clickbait title to a more appropriate one.

#2 Light-Speed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 286 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 08:03 PM

This video is private....................... Posted Image

#3 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 23 April 2016 - 08:07 PM

View PostNightingale27, on 23 April 2016 - 08:03 PM, said:

This video is private....................... Posted Image

Damn YT default settings of mine gets me every time

#4 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 23 April 2016 - 08:12 PM

Objectively speaking, the Oxide has advantages no other Light mech has in the game.
It's also only obtainable with MC, which is largely acquirable with $

You seem awfully defensive about it, though.

Not that it's a Crutch mech, but that it's best in class, and $ only. That's the main observation. Much like the Ember and Dragon Slayer of yore.

Hopefully doesn't return to Trash...but choosing either Tankability OR Firepower, not obscene quirks to both, but to either.

#5 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 23 April 2016 - 08:26 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 23 April 2016 - 08:12 PM, said:

Objectively speaking, the Oxide has advantages no other Light mech has in the game.
It's also only obtainable with MC, which is largely acquirable with $

You seem awfully defensive about it, though.

Not that it's a Crutch mech, but that it's best in class, and $ only. That's the main observation. Much like the Ember and Dragon Slayer of yore.

Hopefully doesn't return to Trash...but choosing either Tankability OR Firepower, not obscene quirks to both, but to either.

Honestly I am tired of lights being nerfed into the ground because alot of assault pilots do not know how to protect themselves. Video upon video proves this. But instead of getting better or changing their play style the cry nerf.

And as we all know, with MWO those who cry the loudest over nothing usually get what they want, and this game gets worse for it.

Its the phrase "obscene quirks" to both that resonates with me.

It has a whopping +11 to CT and +8 to the ST's that is not "obscene" I do not count the leg structure buff's, I can not tell you the last time I was legged in any Jenner. Even the missle quirks are not out of line when compared to other lights as well as heavier mechs.

The problem is ALOT of the kills the OXIDE's get are just from assault players making way to many mistakes. Or choosing Long Range Battle vs having something for short range. I see it all the time.

Edited by Darian DelFord, 23 April 2016 - 08:42 PM.

#6 Tripzter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 08:29 PM

The Oxide is OP because its broken. Broken as in you can hit it but hits dont register.

Edited by Tripzter, 23 April 2016 - 08:29 PM.

#7 badaa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 08:30 PM

there is no pay 2 win

#8 Tripzter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 08:35 PM

View Postbadaa, on 23 April 2016 - 08:30 PM, said:

there is no pay 2 win

lol pay 2 win refers to unfair advantage reletive to the non paying version. regular jenners arent bugged to hell and die when you shoot them. oxides not so much so yeah pay 2 win.

#9 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 April 2016 - 08:45 PM

Great match, great commentary. But what it doesn't convince me of is, "The JR7-D (or JR7-IIC) is on equal footing with the JR7-O."

And until that is the case, I'm going to agree that the Oxide is P2W. Which pjsses me off because as somebody who prefers playing lights and is free-to-play... I can't bloody get my hands on it. At all.

#10 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 23 April 2016 - 08:49 PM

View PostTripzter, on 23 April 2016 - 08:29 PM, said:

The Oxide is OP because its broken. Broken as in you can hit it but hits dont register.

View PostTripzter, on 23 April 2016 - 08:35 PM, said:

lol pay 2 win refers to unfair advantage reletive to the non paying version. regular jenners arent bugged to hell and die when you shoot them. oxides not so much so yeah pay 2 win.

Ummm you are talking about something completely different. Which affects ALL mechs not just OXIDES

View PostTarogato, on 23 April 2016 - 08:45 PM, said:

Great match, great commentary. But what it doesn't convince me of is, "The JR7-D (or JR7-IIC) is on equal footing with the JR7-O."

And until that is the case, I'm going to agree that the Oxide is P2W. Which pjsses me off because as somebody who prefers playing lights and is free-to-play... I can't bloody get my hands on it. At all.

I did not pay for mine at all. Mine I actually got through events.

I am actually trying to get a good 1v1 vs an OXIDE however the funny thing is, I am not running into that many of them in the queues.

Edited by Darian DelFord, 23 April 2016 - 08:50 PM.

#11 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 08:53 PM

btw, why did people forget huggin? back then it used to be mostly srm huggin spam with rare srm oxides

Edited by bad arcade kitty, 23 April 2016 - 08:53 PM.

#12 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 April 2016 - 08:57 PM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 23 April 2016 - 08:53 PM, said:

btw, why did people forget huggin? back then it used to be mostly srm huggin spam with rare srm oxides

I bought a Huginn with hard-earned MC from events and CW... only to have it be nerfed into the ground about two weeks later. So yeah... now it's the same thing with the Oxide - one of the highest DPS (and in this case tankiest) lights stuck permanently behind a paywall. Meh.

View PostDarian DelFord, on 23 April 2016 - 08:49 PM, said:

I did not pay for mine at all. Mine I actually got through events.

I am actually trying to get a good 1v1 vs an OXIDE however the funny thing is, I am not running into that many of them in the queues.

See above reply.

Also, I'll send you a friend invite. I have a few days of premium running, and I'm looking for all the 1v1 opportunities I can get, even if I have to get my arse handed to me by an Oxide. =P

#13 Grey Ghost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 661 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 08:59 PM

I think the bigger issue here is how Mr. DelFord pronounces the word Centurion. Posted Image

#14 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 23 April 2016 - 09:00 PM

View PostTarogato, on 23 April 2016 - 08:57 PM, said:

I bought a Huginn with hard-earned MC from events and CW... only to have it be nerfed into the ground about two weeks later. So yeah... now it's the same thing with the Oxide - one of the highest DPS (and in this case tankiest) lights stuck permanently behind a paywall. Meh.

See above reply.

Also, I'll send you a friend invite. I have a few days of premium running, and I'm looking for all the 1v1 opportunities I can get, even if I have to get my arse handed to me by an Oxide. =P

Well I am looking for them to show folks that OXIDES are not al powerful and if your smart you can beat them quite handily. The problem is people don't play smart in this game.

#15 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 23 April 2016 - 09:07 PM

View PostGrey Ghost, on 23 April 2016 - 08:59 PM, said:

I think the bigger issue here is how Mr. DelFord pronounces the word Centurion. Posted Image

Oh crap what did I say?

#16 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 09:10 PM

You know, pre-quirks... Oxide was a piece of ****.
I'm just saying.

(Wonder what this says about quirks themselves?)

#17 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 23 April 2016 - 09:17 PM

View PostKoniving, on 23 April 2016 - 09:10 PM, said:

(Wonder what this says about quirks themselves?)

That it is a piss poor way to balance a game

#18 Tripzter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 09:24 PM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 23 April 2016 - 08:49 PM, said:

Ummm you are talking about something completely different. Which affects ALL mechs not just OXIDES

Yes it does however with the oxide its extremely common.

#19 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 23 April 2016 - 09:26 PM

View PostTripzter, on 23 April 2016 - 09:24 PM, said:

Yes it does however with the oxide its extremely common.

It is extremely common period and its one of the reasons why lights have plummeted in popularity since the initial HSR implementation and fix. You really need a better argument than that one.

#20 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 09:27 PM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 23 April 2016 - 09:17 PM, said:

That it is a piss poor way to balance a game

Indeed.

o.O; PGI should spend some time watching some extra credits.

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users