#61 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 27 April 2016 - 03:12 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 27 April 2016 - 02:50 PM, said:

Yes... cluttering the screen with green text. that is how quirks for omni mechs work.

When you try to build a worthwhile mech, you'll realize you've lost all of those nice quirks.
try SMN-D right torso which is the only good ballistic hardpoint of the summoner and tell me how that 5% AMS range is working for you... oh yeah.. you wanted LBX10 quirks? (lol), you had to use that ground level hardpoint, XD.

And no, structure quirks are meaningless on clan mechs with clan XL.... its just more damage score for the enemy, because all your equipment will be critted long before the structure buffs kick into effect. Besides, with a good omni pod arrangement, you don't get any structure quirks anyway.

Gargoyle has some nice quirks currently. fair enough!

Also... I'm waiting for the HGN-IIC quirk list.

A couple of the best Summoner builds right now use either 2 cERPPCs or an ER PPC and a Gauss, or a bunch of SRMs. Pretty sure you can get a real nice set of quirks for each build... with both structure and weapon quirks. Hell, the CTs all have 11 structure and -10% Energy heat generation. That's awesome. If it ever gets that LT energy hardpoint it could do triple LPL asymmetrically or 2 cLPL 3 cERML, running decently cool due to that heat gen quirk.

#62 TELEFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 03:26 PM

View PostTordin, on 27 April 2016 - 07:17 AM, said:

Its hard to find words for such an odd and right out ugly design..
An image will suffice for that ugly duckling. Posted Image

The general design of the Viper is beside the point. It's those arms that bug me :(

#63 Desintegrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 April 2016 - 06:45 AM

Looks a little bit like a small Stormcrow !

But we have to wait for the real size in the end...

#64 Toxicresidue

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 80 posts
  • Locationcorpus christi texas

Posted 28 April 2016 - 07:27 AM

@ gas guzzler sure shipdip breath, that's why you see sooo many sumnners in CW because they are so bad ***

#65 Viper 14

• Pip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 15 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario, Canada

Posted 06 May 2016 - 11:29 AM

View PostEdmar Fecler, on 26 April 2016 - 10:35 AM, said:

Is it just me, or does the viper look like a Raven on steroids that's grown a pair of arms?

Posted Image

Posted Image

I would rather think the Viper is the offspring cross between a Raven with Nova. However, gotta love that "VIPER" name. LOL

#66 Cy Mitchell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 11:58 AM

The more I look at the Viper the more concerned I get about the CT and its hitboxes.I have watched the last two weeks as the camo patterns were painted on the model and the prominence of that nose in profile just jumps off the screen at me each time I see it. I have already ordered it to get the early adopter bonus and was planning on adding the Medusa and reinforcements to the order but if that CT hitbox is as big as the nose then I am very concerned about its survivability.

#67 Gazbeard

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 65 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPSR Tier 6

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:52 AM

View PostTELEFORCE, on 26 April 2016 - 03:06 PM, said:

The Viper looks good overall, but I really, REALLY HATE that the arms are no longer asymmetrical. To me, that's like modeling the Summoner or Kit Fox with symmetrical arms, which have been a key element in each 'mech design for over 20 years. I'm really disappointed that Alex's design deviated that much Posted Image

Per official BattleTech 3D omnimech renders:

Posted Image

It looks like Daffy Duck with battle arms - lol

#68 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:58 PM

View PostGazbeard, on 20 April 2017 - 04:52 AM, said:

It looks like Daffy Duck with battle arms - lol

Def. worth a 10 month necro Posted Image

Edited by Fox the Apprentice, 20 April 2017 - 02:59 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users