Battlemaster Blr-2C: 14 Kdr

13 replies to this topic

#1 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 09:26 AM

An extensive guide to the BLR-2C, one of the top mechs in the game at the moment. Just to give an idea of how badass this thing is, my KDR was an absurd 14.25 and W/L was 5.67 through my first 20 games on the chassis in the upper tier solo queue.

#2 Frosty Bits

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 37 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 April 2016 - 01:58 PM

After watching your vid i bought the mech and tried out your fit. I gota say it works I like it. Good job on the utube vid

#3 The Lost Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 585 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 12:24 AM

I agree , great vid. But in upper Tier only 2 words come to mind.

" XL Check"

#4 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 29 May 2016 - 04:50 AM

View PostLemming of the BDA, on 29 May 2016 - 12:24 AM, said:

I agree , great vid. But in upper Tier only 2 words come to mind.

" XL Check"

Used to be I'd agree with you, but there's no check now. You only really see XL BLRs in high tier/high level comp. STDs give up too much and don't enough back. They're actually more survivable with XLs.

Edited by TercieI, 29 May 2016 - 04:51 AM.

#5 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 10:03 PM

Yep. More speed and agility, more range, faster twist. I explained in my BNC-3M video earlier that when I first saw the XL Banshee being run I was hesitant as well. But the results speak for themselves. Carrying that over to the 2C works just as well.

#6 Joey Tankblaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 516 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 11:33 PM

Nice video. I just enjoyed leveling the BLR-2C using this build. However, I must admit that almost every opponent aims for my side torsos since 5x LPL is pretty obviously an XL build. Taking it out is pretty easy and in my PSR level many pilots know how to deal with it. Second point: It's hot. Not a brawl friendly mech.

#7 Rayden Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 759 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 02:51 AM

You should not brawl with it :o
Wich engine is the build in the video running? Mine has a 360XL and its really fast an agile. Feels like a heavy :D
Best match without spending a skillpoint was something arround 900 Dmg, some kill and asists.
A lot of fun for sure :D

#8 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 02:55 PM

View PostJoey Tankblaster, on 29 May 2016 - 11:33 PM, said:

Nice video. I just enjoyed leveling the BLR-2C using this build. However, I must admit that almost every opponent aims for my side torsos since 5x LPL is pretty obviously an XL build. Taking it out is pretty easy and in my PSR level many pilots know how to deal with it. Second point: It's hot. Not a brawl friendly mech.

Try to use the high mounts and positioning to get free (or nearly free) damage. If it weren't for the high mounts, the mech would be worse than alternatives like the Black Knight.

View PostRayden Wolf, on 30 May 2016 - 02:51 AM, said:

You should not brawl with it Posted Image
Wich engine is the build in the video running? Mine has a 360XL and its really fast an agile. Feels like a heavy Posted Image
Best match without spending a skillpoint was something arround 900 Dmg, some kill and asists.
A lot of fun for sure Posted Image

XL350. Agility quirks yo!

#9 Nine-Ball

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 657 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 08:39 PM

Use the 3M instead. Quirks specifically designed for laser boats.

15% cooldown bonus to all laser weapons

10% less burntime on lasers (add another 10% for medium lasers to make it a total of 20%, or 0.8s as opposed to 1s)

10% range bonus for all lasers (add another 10% for medium lasers)

With my medium laser range module they have a minimum range of 351m.. ontop of firing 20% faster (15% quirk, 5% expert skill) and doing their damage in less time (0.8s v 1s), which is noticeable. It also comes with a 10% cooldown quirk for missles, so you can mount a LRM20 and be firing it faster too. Oh and lets not forget the ERPPC velocity quirks as well just for shits and giggles.

In terms of this 5 LPL build, it would mean 20% more range (10% module, 10% quirk), 10% less burn time (.603 vs .67) and they'll fire 20% faster.

In any case, if you are purely looking at laser buffs the 3M wins out above all other varients. The only other one might be the build with the 10% less heat generated, but 10% isn't nearly enough saved for the amount of heat generated to sacrifice all the nifty range, cooldown and burntime quirks imo.

#10 Not A Real RAbbi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 09 June 2016 - 09:18 PM

TBH, I like my XL 400 BLR-2C. The structure quirks help out with the XL survivability (-2C is the only one that has the structure quirks instead of the arm armor +14). And it's SO worth being able to break 80 km/h in an assault!

3x LPL, 3x ML/MPL (the former with the dual-AMS), etc. SO fun! SURE, things are easy to get away with in T3, but this has done fine in group drops with/against T1.

THAT said, I will have to try out the build in the video. Thanks for sharing!

#11 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 09 June 2016 - 09:23 PM

View PostCryll Ankiseth, on 09 June 2016 - 08:39 PM, said:

10% less burntime on lasers (add another 10% for medium lasers to make it a total of 20%, or 0.8s as opposed to 1s)

With my medium laser range module they have a minimum range of 351m.. ontop of firing 20% faster (15% quirk, 5% expert skill) and doing their damage in less time (0.8s v 1s), which is noticeable. It also comes with a 10% cooldown quirk for missles, so you can mount a LRM20 and be firing it faster too. Oh and lets not forget the ERPPC velocity quirks as well just for shits and giggles.

In terms of this 5 LPL build, it would mean 20% more range (10% module, 10% quirk), 10% less burn time (.603 vs .67) and they'll fire 20% faster.

In any case, if you are purely looking at laser buffs the 3M wins out above all other varients. The only other one might be the build with the 10% less heat generated, but 10% isn't nearly enough saved for the amount of heat generated to sacrifice all the nifty range, cooldown and burntime quirks imo.

As soon as C2 came out I said "MINE! MINE MINE!"

You don't get the point: it's all about those uber structure (armor at that time) quirks the other BLR do not have.
Beside 1g and 3M have that loooooooooooooooooooow torso yaw...

I did one of mine ace of spades in that C2 thing. It's a beast.

#12 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 09:48 PM

View PostCryll Ankiseth, on 09 June 2016 - 08:39 PM, said:

Energy quirks for the pub queue is pretty much like heatgen > range > duration > cooldown with cooldown pretty far at the bottom of the list of "good to have quirks", especially if the mech also doesn't have heatgen. The 2C doesn't have the cooldown and duration quirks but gets structure and agility which are pretty important when you're hill peeking and when you need to maneuver into safer positions in response to enemy rotations. The thing moves like a heavy pretty much while having the durability of a 100 tonner.

You should be able to see that the LPL range is the same on the 3M and 2C (both having the same range quirk).

Overall I'd run something like 3xML 3xLPL on the 3M, but even then I think the 1G is bit better for that build because it has heatgen.

#13 Raso

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 10 June 2016 - 06:56 AM

I currently run a Battlemaster with 4 Large Lasers and a pair of back up Medium Lasers. I really do enjoy the added range from the standard lasers. However as I plan out my next Battlemaster purchase I want to change things up a bit and take advantage of my Current Battlemaster's PPC quirks.

Which Battlemaster would you recommend for running a LLas build and what would you say is the ideal number of LLas versus overkill? Should I go with a full chest of 6 large lasers (2 groups of 3) or use some other build?

#14 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 01:30 PM

View PostRaso, on 10 June 2016 - 06:56 AM, said:

Which Battlemaster would you recommend for running a LLas build and what would you say is the ideal number of LLas versus overkill? Should I go with a full chest of 6 large lasers (2 groups of 3) or use some other build?

5 or 6 is fine imo. 6 gets a bit hot but it's still workable by controlling your fire rate. Use the 2C and 1G for the LL boats though and 1G > 2C for that build imo. 1G gets all the best laser quirks at the expense of durability, speed and twist.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users