• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 440 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSeattle, Wa USA

Posted 07 May 2016 - 02:13 AM

View PostThe Lobsters, on 07 May 2016 - 12:51 AM, said:

What's the point of running a Cicada if you can run a Raven.......?

What's the point of a Raven 3L if you can pilot a Cicada 3M?

PRO's:

ECM

Faster

More Armor

About the same or more Firepower (depending on how big of an XL engine you drop in it)

CON's:

Neither Jump

No NARC

It's a bit bigger

Now, I do use both, depending on my FP drop deck, If DC calls for a NARC'er, I use the Raven. Most other Cases I use my Cicada's or to Shave more weight my Spider (D) or my Locust (PB).

#102 L3mming2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 02:52 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 28 April 2016 - 03:22 PM, said:

yes, if you're a lemming, I suppose they are.

tsss

#103 Yosharian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 03:04 AM

View PostNyte Kitsune, on 07 May 2016 - 02:13 AM, said:

PRO's:

ECM

Faster

More Armor

About the same or more Firepower (depending on how big of an XL engine you drop in it)

CON's:

Neither Jump

No NARC

It's a bit bigger

Now, I do use both, depending on my FP drop deck, If DC calls for a NARC'er, I use the Raven. Most other Cases I use my Cicada's or to Shave more weight my Spider (D) or my Locust (PB).

You're speaking from a Community Warfare point of view, where the only thing that differentiates the two mechs is slightly increased tonnage.

In Quick Play, the two mechs have different weight classes, and so the Cicada doesn't compete with the Raven; rather, it competes with the likes of the Stormcrow.

If the Raven can do the Cicada's job but slightly worse, it's still worth taking over the Cicada in Quick Play because it's a whole weight class below the other mech.

Nothing against Cicada's myself, I run the 3M from time to time and it's a fairly good mech.

#104 The Lobsters

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 269 posts
  • LocationLocation Location.

Posted 07 May 2016 - 04:36 AM

View PostNyte Kitsune, on 07 May 2016 - 02:13 AM, said:

PRO's:

ECM

Faster

More Armor

CON's:

Neither Jump

No NARC

It's a bit bigger

View PostJun Watarase, on 28 April 2016 - 03:14 AM, said:

Its like a 40 ton artic cheetah with no ECM, more JJs and less podspace. Like...why? You may as well run an artic cheetah.

X

#105 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 07 May 2016 - 01:19 PM

View PostYosharian, on 07 May 2016 - 03:04 AM, said:

You're speaking from a Community Warfare point of view, where the only thing that differentiates the two mechs is slightly increased tonnage.

In Quick Play, the two mechs have different weight classes, and so the Cicada doesn't compete with the Raven; rather, it competes with the likes of the Stormcrow.

If the Raven can do the Cicada's job but slightly worse, it's still worth taking over the Cicada in Quick Play because it's a whole weight class below the other mech.

Nothing against Cicada's myself, I run the 3M from time to time and it's a fairly good mech.

Quick play solo? Quick play group is all tonnage now too...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users