#141 Barantor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY USA

Posted 03 May 2016 - 08:52 PM

View Postwanderer, on 03 May 2016 - 01:39 PM, said:

Please, hand one to a fratboy after a dozen or so beers and see how he does without instructions. Posted Image

I doubt he could load it lol.

#142 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 03 May 2016 - 09:35 PM

View Postwanderer, on 03 May 2016 - 07:09 PM, said:

In MWO, damage is kept from being focused by damage spread (burn time, burst fire, "shotgun spread" and even random damage ala Streaks)- and becomes broken when it's not spread enough.

That i really became that guy, well don't forget twist and movement. Usually guys playing tt for the first time complain about weapons that can't hit when the other guy is right in front of you.
But we don't simulate the behaviour of this guy - first of all shots are fired along the path, each pilot may dodge or twist but the dice arn't telling.

The Cof has another issue - its would hardly have any effect on assaults - you will still hit just one location on a Awesome - congrats you have broken the Awesome even more - would also be very interesting when shooting a Locust at X-range - the best the Locust can do is stand still and let do CoF do the rest

#143 dwwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 476 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 10:17 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 03 May 2016 - 09:35 PM, said:

That i really became that guy, well don't forget twist and movement. Usually guys playing tt for the first time complain about weapons that can't hit when the other guy is right in front of you.
But we don't simulate the behaviour of this guy - first of all shots are fired along the path, each pilot may dodge or twist but the dice arn't telling.

The Cof has another issue - its would hardly have any effect on assaults - you will still hit just one location on a Awesome - congrats you have broken the Awesome even more - would also be very interesting when shooting a Locust at X-range - the best the Locust can do is stand still and let do CoF do the rest

You are assuming the CoF is large enough to cause many shots to fail to connect.
A roughly 2meter(=3sigma) CoF fire@optimal distributes 66% of its hits within 0.66 meters , 95% within 1.32 meters and 99.7% within 2 meters, yeah the circle would be twice as big at extreme max range...but hell are you actually doing any damage anyway ? Not really.

#144 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 04 May 2016 - 12:50 PM

Very well said OP. You got my support.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users