The Truly Best Time For Time Jump! (New Factions, Mechs, Weapons, And So Much More!)

72 replies to this topic

#61 pbiggz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 02 May 2016 - 12:20 PM

There will never be a time jump. Our feedback is not needed.

#62 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 12:34 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 01 May 2016 - 03:36 PM, said:

I'd say that I just threw up in my mouth, but truth to tell, the thought of playing dark age is enough to induce projectile vomiting.

Hey, at least the actual tech is reasonably balanced in Dark Ages. What are you worried PGI is going to get wrong there as opposed to here?

#63 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIn Dropship DogeCafe

Posted 02 May 2016 - 12:53 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 02 May 2016 - 12:34 PM, said:

Hey, at least the actual tech is reasonably balanced in Dark Ages. What are you worried PGI is going to get wrong there as opposed to here?

I demand a aggro / construction mech que!

View Postpbiggz, on 02 May 2016 - 12:20 PM, said:

There will never be a time jump. Our feedback is not needed.

Is this the new thing? just going to every thread and state this? *shrugs*

Edited by LastKhan, 02 May 2016 - 12:55 PM.

#64 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 12:53 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 02 May 2016 - 12:34 PM, said:

Yeah, its balanced because everything is equally pathetic in DA. Not to mention the whole Clan/IS tech base finally merged.

#65 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 06 May 2016 - 06:02 PM

Also consider this guys. Many IIC and Clan battlemechs are in demand from the community, aff? However many of these lack varriants viable with out future tech. Just replacing weapons either should NOT be done wide spread either till they know what they want to do tech jump wise.

A time jump would help many of these mechs now and allow for actual real varriants and not PGI creations.

Edited by CK16, 06 May 2016 - 06:03 PM.

#66 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 11:01 PM

View PostCK16, on 06 May 2016 - 06:02 PM, said:

Also consider this guys. Many IIC and Clan battlemechs are in demand from the community, aff? However many of these lack varriants viable with out future tech. Just replacing weapons either should NOT be done wide spread either till they know what they want to do tech jump wise.

A time jump would help many of these mechs now and allow for actual real varriants and not PGI creations.

There are mechs with few to no variations. Im kool with PGI making new ones thus its adding life to mechs that have never been used in game cause its either from a dead clan, Failed project, or just meh didnt bother to flush it out.

PGI still needs to tweak out their game current, i personally would shove this "time jumping" to the lowest part of the ever so long laundry list of stuff to do.

#67 Vickinator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 195 posts
  • LocationInside You

Posted 06 May 2016 - 11:04 PM

View PostLastKhan, on 06 May 2016 - 11:01 PM, said:

There are mechs with few to no variations. Im kool with PGI making new ones thus its adding life to mechs that have never been used in game cause its either from a dead clan, Failed project, or just meh didnt bother to flush it out.

PGI still needs to tweak out their game current, i personally would shove this "time jumping" to the lowest part of the ever so long laundry list of stuff to do.

So the game slowly circles the drain as PGI continues to discuss whether the flamer is still broken and the MG deserves a buff, whilst ignoring the stale meta we have had for almost 2 years now that seems to be driving players away at an alarming rate. Yes the current objectives are a amazing use of time.

#68 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 06 May 2016 - 11:07 PM

View PostLastKhan, on 06 May 2016 - 11:01 PM, said:

But why make up stuff that they could wait a little longer for and get them added after the tech jump with proper variants? If that makes sense, there is a reason that many of the IIC and other battlemechs were brought up new TRO's after 3050, besides adding in new mechs they also have new tech aligned with many..

The Super Nova benfits greatly from a tech jump so does the WarHammer IIC. I get what your saying but just as the time jump needs to be done right, lets do these mechs right as well.

#69 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 11:08 PM

View PostVickinator, on 06 May 2016 - 11:04 PM, said:

So the game slowly circles the drain as PGI continues to discuss whether the flamer is still broken and the MG deserves a buff, whilst ignoring the stale meta we have had for almost 2 years now that seems to be driving players away at an alarming rate. Yes the current objectives are a amazing use of time.

Its always going to do that, this is Arcade Mecha shooter 9000. Okay so we jump it i would bet money people then would get staled out and bored and want to jump that also to like Dark Age or something.. The meta alone isnt driving people away its a multitude of things.

View PostCK16, on 06 May 2016 - 11:07 PM, said:

But why make up stuff that they could wait a little longer for and get them added after the tech jump with proper variants? If that makes sense, there is a reason that many of the IIC and other battlemechs were brought up new TRO's after 3050, besides adding in new mechs they also have new tech aligned with many..

The Super Nova benfits greatly from a tech jump so does the WarHammer IIC. I get what your saying but just as the time jump needs to be done right, lets do these mechs right as well.

Meh id still stick it at the bottom of the list and thats just how i think it. Yeah should be done right but it carries a ton of junk that needs to be worked out IE mixteching, clan being used IS side and vise versa. I can just go through the list. I dunno the concept is just a giant shrug of the shoulders for me.

Edited by LastKhan, 06 May 2016 - 11:14 PM.

#70 Vickinator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 195 posts
  • LocationInside You

Posted 06 May 2016 - 11:10 PM

View PostLastKhan, on 06 May 2016 - 11:08 PM, said:

Its always going to do that, this is Arcade Mecha shooter 9000. Okay so we jump it i would bet money people then would get staled out and bored and want to jump that also to like Dark Age or something.. The meta alone isnt driving people away its a multitude of things.

Skipping to 3058 allows the IS to get their hands on a lot of useful weapon systems to start their climb to parity with the clans and allow some rolebacking of the horrible quirk system that simply makes one mech amazingly good after each balance pass. Also people like free new stuff, IE new weapons.

#71 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 11:18 PM

View PostVickinator, on 06 May 2016 - 11:10 PM, said:

Skipping to 3058 allows the IS to get their hands on a lot of useful weapon systems to start their climb to parity with the clans and allow some rolebacking of the horrible quirk system that simply makes one mech amazingly good after each balance pass. Also people like free new stuff, IE new weapons.

Yea and with new weapons you are going to obsolete and add on to the pile of junk weapons that sit there IE regular Clan AC weaponry. Yea some new weapons IS side could be useful but some would be really broken like IS UAC 10 , 20s Unless this is backed by a huge CD.

#72 Vickinator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 195 posts
  • LocationInside You

Posted 06 May 2016 - 11:31 PM

View PostLastKhan, on 06 May 2016 - 11:18 PM, said:

Yea and with new weapons you are going to obsolete and add on to the pile of junk weapons that sit there IE regular Clan AC weaponry. Yea some new weapons IS side could be useful but some would be really broken like IS UAC 10 , 20s Unless this is backed by a huge CD.

So, last time I checked Battletech has a alot of useless weapons, the AC10 is next to useless compared to the LBX10 expect for special ammo types. So if we are saying new weapons make old ones pointless, welcome to warfare lol? Or we just ignore BT and balance Is and clan equally to allow the best balance, sure its not TT but TT is unbalanced by design MWo shouldnt be. So new IS weapons would be identical to clans to allow easiest balance.

Or simply do the MW4 route of all mechs can use clan weapons and they are all better than the IS ones.

Edited by Vickinator, 06 May 2016 - 11:31 PM.

#73 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 07 May 2016 - 12:48 AM

View PostLastKhan, on 06 May 2016 - 11:18 PM, said:

Well I see the tech jump as finally a way for PGI to.balance some of these weapons out.

IS UAC's getting and overhaul to Clan style burst. I mean you are right they would need too....there is no way a IS UAC20 could be balanced with a double tap of 40 dmg....nope!

Clan normal AC's would be reworked to be single slug like what the LBX should have.

Normal Lasers could be adusted to be more heat efficient.while Clan and IS ER being almost identical...almost...

Clan wise ATM's, HAG's, and Heavy lasers don't threaten balance much,each has big up sides but also some.major draw backs.

IS you are right would require some work, but a tech jump might be what we would need to balance a few more thinges out as you said to keep them viable. The only ones I see going extinct are normal lasers but that is almost inevitable. Everything else brings in new flavors and new trade offs.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users