In My Honest Opinion: We Need More Information On Crates And Possible Reworking.

87 replies to this topic

#1 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 10 May 2016 - 07:03 AM

Look, I like PGI for what it's done; I've bought their products, I've done giveaways for the community, and I've even became a Moderator because I find this place to be of a sorts, a home away from home.

But this? Crates? I'll have to say:

There's barely any substantial information on these things. Not only that, but PGI should have at least said something along the lines of WIP for the thing. Because now we have everyone hopping onto the hate bandwagon and giving PGI the middle finger for revealing something that's completely new and not what some expected.

Back to my point, PGI should at least provided some more background info on it, hell, even reworked the Mechanics of it.

Already I saw problems; Crate was to be spawned randomly on map. No bueno. When match is over crate is randomly given to a player, plus another if team won. Bueno.

Why is the second sentence good?

Well let's think about it; When someone sees something they want, and it's the only or last thing left, everybody fights over it. Could you imagine the anger, rage, and problems that would cause if people fought over it? Not only do you have to be careful of greedy teammates, but you also have a enemy team who might also be closing in on it.

But let's get down to it, needs some reworking. I looked around the threads here a bit and see some alright and good reworks, so here's my short fix:
  • Both teams should have a crate that they and they only can collect, per example Blue team gets a crate they can collect, and Red Team gets a crate they can collect.
  • Even if the crate is not found, but won by the team, they still get a bonus crate awarded to a random person on the team.
  • Sometimes when a crate is found, a fragment or a whole key can be found. 3 Fragments of a key would equal a whole key. (Chance per say could be 15%)
  • Combining a Key Costs 1 Million C-Bills.

That's my opinion of fixing the Crates. Again, don't hop on the hate bandwagon; you just show and alienate PGI from even listening or even deciding to care about your opinions. If anything, try to be respectful for once, it might actually get you places in the long run.

EDIT :

Looks like I called it, when discussing the idea might be scrapped, this came up awhile ago:

Posted Image

Edited by Scout Derek, 10 May 2016 - 06:26 PM.

#2 Robot Kenshiro

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 315 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 May 2016 - 07:06 AM

×10000000000 on the more info..... hate it when sometbing totally new is implemented is gets 3 sentences of what it is and thats it.

#3 cazidin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 07:07 AM

Personally, I think they should scrap the crate idea entirely and just reward players who reach X match score with a chance for a random item, with the possibility, maybe, of a rare crate that can contain something well worth spending MC on - or, if you wanted to take a page from EA or Ubisoft's book of evil, this random bonus item is available only if you have premium time that was originally 7 days or more active - so the free bonus time from events doesn't count.

#4 Afuldan McKronik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,331 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 May 2016 - 07:12 AM

Trying not to focus on the crates, lots of interesting stuff in the roadmap. A CS;GO approach may have been a better way to do it, but we need more info on it.

Btw Scout, its 1-1. You ever do group queue? ;)

#5 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 10 May 2016 - 07:14 AM

View PostAfuldan McKronik, on 10 May 2016 - 07:12 AM, said:

Trying not to focus on the crates, lots of interesting stuff in the roadmap. A CS;GO approach may have been a better way to do it, but we need more info on it.

Btw Scout, its 1-1. You ever do group queue? Posted Image

As I said, this is my opinion of fixing the Crate function a bit.

As for group que, yes, I do.

#6 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 10 May 2016 - 07:15 AM

Unless the crates have a chance of containing the Scorpion, they shouldn't be implemented.

I just really fricking hate these "crates" in all the games. I HATED them in TF2, I HATED them in CSGO and i will HATE them here too.
I'm not sure if it'll make me rage-quit the game completely, but i will NEVER spend anything on those crates. EVER.

#7 Barantor

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY USA

Posted 10 May 2016 - 07:16 AM

I know one point of information they did lay out: that the crates would be in the actual matches.

This is the point that I absolutely loathe. Link it to some after action reward like salvage and it makes a lot more sense. Having someone going looking for crates in the match? Bad idea overall.

#8 Afuldan McKronik

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,331 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 May 2016 - 07:19 AM

View PostBarantor, on 10 May 2016 - 07:16 AM, said:

I know one point of information they did lay out: that the crates would be in the actual matches.

This is the point that I absolutely loathe. Link it to some after action reward like salvage and it makes a lot more sense. Having someone going looking for crates in the match? Bad idea overall.

Precisely. CS;GO at least has a chance for every player on both teams to get one, without needing to squirrel around the map for them.

@Scout I have never seen you in group queue. Next time I find you, a batchall shall be offered.

Edited by Afuldan McKronik, 10 May 2016 - 07:19 AM.

#9 davoodoo

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 07:20 AM

Remember, if it will contain skins then someone will need to produce newer skins to keep those crates keys selling.

This person will be the guy who originally worked on textures for mechs or map design.

Why this works in csgo?? there is no need for new textures since game is content complete and at best it needs balance changes.
Just like in payday 2, here it will simply delay content while favoring releases of new chests.

Edited by davoodoo, 10 May 2016 - 07:24 AM.

#10 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 07:27 AM

A C-Tin Foil Hat appears on his head as he for reasons beyond mortal comprehension engages in roleplay-esque dialog to make his point. Just go with it. "Gather 'round, freeborn scum and proud vatborn warriors! I have a theory... what if... this terrible crate idea is way of distracting us from Ghost Heat II? Thus, when they finally announced it - or implement it without warning - they can say "but we scraped the crate idea! Aren't you happy?" Posted Image

#11 Afuldan McKronik

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,331 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 May 2016 - 07:31 AM

View Postcazidin, on 10 May 2016 - 07:27 AM, said:

A C-Tin Foil Hat appears on his head as he for reasons beyond mortal comprehension engages in roleplay-esque dialog to make his point. Just go with it. "Gather 'round, freeborn scum and proud vatborn warriors! I have a theory... what if... this terrible crate idea is way of distracting us from Ghost Heat II? Thus, when they finally announced it - or implement it without warning - they can say "but we scraped the crate idea! Aren't you happy?" Posted Image

"Sadly, great freeborn, is what shall come to pass. It has been written, so it shall be done. Never before have we seen such a tactic as a backpedal into safe territory bef.... oh.... damn..."

#12 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 10 May 2016 - 07:33 AM

View Postcazidin, on 10 May 2016 - 07:27 AM, said:

Well, as a person in the "Ghost Heat 2.0 doesn't sound THAT bad" camp, i'm ******* pissed about this crate-nonsense.
I was reading through the roadmap, thinking oh man, all of these things sound pretty good and then BAM, this ******* ****...

It's like PGI enjoy getting people's hopes up and then crushing them

#13 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 07:35 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 10 May 2016 - 07:33 AM, said:

Well, as a person in the "Ghost Heat 2.0 doesn't sound THAT bad" camp, i'm ******* pissed about this crate-nonsense.
I was reading through the roadmap, thinking oh man, all of these things sound pretty good and then BAM, this ******* ****...

Like that?

#14 Sug

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,629 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 10 May 2016 - 07:37 AM

Post a link so those of us that don't facebook/twitter stalk Russ know what you're talking about please.

#15 Barantor

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY USA

Posted 10 May 2016 - 07:38 AM

View PostSug, on 10 May 2016 - 07:37 AM, said:

Post a link so those of us that don't facebook/twitter stalk Russ know what you're talking about please.

Roadmap dawg, posted right here in the forums.

http://mwomercs.com/...53#entry5164753

#16 Afuldan McKronik

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,331 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 May 2016 - 07:38 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 10 May 2016 - 07:33 AM, said:

I am afraid that new shineys will only be available for MC or straight cash. "Well, we keep hearing enough mechs are already in game, so instead of adding more for CBills, these mechs will now only be for preorder, with a 1:10000 chance of having them drop from a Crate. This eay we prevent everyone from eventually getting the new mechs if they dont pay."

#17 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 07:40 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 10 May 2016 - 07:15 AM, said:

Unless the crates have a chance of containing the Scorpion, they shouldn't be implemented.

I just really fricking hate these "crates" in all the games. I HATED them in TF2, I HATED them in CSGO and i will HATE them here too.
I'm not sure if it'll make me rage-quit the game completely, but i will NEVER spend anything on those crates. EVER.

I'm not too fond of the "crate" system itself, but if PGI did something like CS:GO, where these crates contained unique textures and patterns of varying value, I could see it being pretty cool.

#18 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 10 May 2016 - 07:43 AM

Here's my take on crates in games. Screw them. If I wanted to gamble I'd walk a mile to Churchhill Downs and bet on the ponies. (Who's a pretty pony? Nyquist is. Yes you are. Yes you are.)

Just let me buy whatever cosmetic crap I want with money. Don't pull a killing floor 2 and make me have to gamble for random skins I want especially since we don't exactly have a marketplace to trade crap we don't want or to just buy whatever we want if we don't want to play the lottery.

However... I am willing to let PGI give more details before I flip out.

#19 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 07:43 AM

I see no problem with there being only one crate on the map. If it causes more of the map to be used then that is a good thing. If it causes a fight between the opposing teams looking for it then that is a good thing. If it causes scouts to actually scout then that is a good thing. (Maybe they will see the enemy while looking for the crate and report the location to their team mates?)

I really do not care about the crates. I will never look for one. Why bother? Even if you find it, the odds are stacked against you getting what is in it. If I stumble across one then I will "find" it but that is about it. I cannot see it as having much of an impact on the game one way or another.

#20 Afuldan McKronik

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,331 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 May 2016 - 07:50 AM

View PostNarcissistic Martyr, on 10 May 2016 - 07:43 AM, said:

Here's my take on crates in games. Screw them. If I wanted to gamble I'd walk a mile to Churchhill Downs and bet on the ponies. (Who's a pretty pony? Nyquist is. Yes you are. Yes you are.)

Just let me buy whatever cosmetic crap I want with money. Don't pull a killing floor 2 and make me have to gamble for random skins I want especially since we don't exactly have a marketplace to trade crap we don't want or to just buy whatever we want if we don't want to play the lottery.

However... I am willing to let PGI give more details before I flip out.

I am trying to stay neutral, and not have a fit, but this does feel like a foul ball. Yes yes "moar microtransactions moar moniez moar mechz". Still feels like a strange thing to monitize. Drop decks, good. This.... is kinda wierd.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users