#41 Khereg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 919 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 21 May 2016 - 06:52 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 20 May 2016 - 10:32 PM, said:

I've said this repeatedly. You would not believe how much nobody is willing to believe it. I've had someone try to tell me that yes, they can go to MS TS and see there's only 2 12mans there but actually you have separate hidden TS with many more 12mans dropping so nobody knows how big you are.

Mischief, I am disappoint. The rumor thread NEEDS this information.

#42 nehebkau

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 21 May 2016 - 07:57 AM

View PostKhereg, on 21 May 2016 - 06:52 AM, said:

Mischief, I am disappoint. The rumor thread NEEDS this information.

The headline could read "Secret -MS- TS servers populating the dark-web connected to Illuminati."

#43 Daidachi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 461 posts
  • LocationThe Andromeda Initiative

Posted 21 May 2016 - 08:22 AM

View Postnehebkau, on 21 May 2016 - 07:57 AM, said:

The headline could read "Secret -MS- TS servers populating the dark-web connected to Illuminati."

Just wait until Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is released.

Or as we call it - Deus Ex: The birth of Mercstar.

#44 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 21 May 2016 - 08:35 AM

INFOWARS HEADLINE: FRONT GROUP ORGANIZATION CALLED MERCSTAR IS FUNDING RESEARCH INTO MS AND IS ALSO CONNECTED TO MERCURY IN THE VACCINES, GMO CROPS, FLUORIDE IN THE WATER, AND GEORGE SOROS

BUY SUPER MALE VITALITY TODAY

#45 Armando

CookieWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • LocationRaiding the Cookie Jar

Posted 21 May 2016 - 08:38 AM

View PostFallingAce, on 20 May 2016 - 11:43 PM, said:

So how does "we" fix the game...? MS going to fix the game? The community going to fix the game?

In one word.....together.

In order to TRUELY "Fix" the game "We"...the player base, and, PGI....together...need to be the ones that make it happen.

To make that happen I would like to see PGI be less "Would you like to buy a Mech-Pack?" and more "What can we do to improve your gaming experience?".

To make that happen I would ALSO like to see the player base be more "Intelligent, insightful, and 'elegant' (easy for PGI to implement) with feedback about how PGI can improve our gaming experience posted in the MWO Forums", and less "My E-Peen is > than your E-Peen", or worse yet "The Big Bad "TEAM" touched me in places/ways that made me feel dirty, and my eyes all salty".

Is that likely to happen?

That is up to "US".

#46 Kwea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 374 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 09:01 AM

View PostRandy Poffo, on 20 May 2016 - 10:48 PM, said:

If that's how you felt then why did y'all scream bloody murder about the existence of a solo q?

I thought the whole point was making it so that people HAD to play with you if they wanted to play at all.

Nope. It was basic math. There was already a ton of waiting, way more than other games, even before the split. Splitting the queues when there was already a population problem was idiotic. It was then, and would be now, which is why they reversed it.

Also...what part of "CW is endgame content designed FOR groups so the big bad groups will stop playing in pug queue?" is so freaking hard to understand. Why should it need to be watered down for people who prefer solo queue tactics and builds?

Edited by Kwea, 21 May 2016 - 09:06 AM.

#47 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 21 May 2016 - 09:15 AM

For all this team-bashing and team-shaming going on, I think people seem to forget that without Clans actually winning planets, you have no "Invasion."

If all the major teams stopped playing Community Warfare, the whole thing would just be quickmatch cue with longer matches. Whoop-de-damn-do. They tried splitting the cues once-it failed because they don't have the numbers to orchestrate such a split effectively.

People rag on teams for their ability to execute, yet it's these same people who demand change to compensate for their lack of ability or willingness to work together.

Why people hate on MS so much is beyond me. It's not our fault PGI chose to design the game as they did-they certainly didn't ask us our opinion on which direction the game should be going.

And if they did, you wouldn't see the problems that we have right now, I can guarantee that.

Note: Yes there are rooms that otherwise standard MS members can't access, but these rooms are typically locked because people are either streaming, meeting, or practicing for tournaments. Truthfully, we can only field 1-2 12-man teams a night, despite our 360-man numbers, and that's how it is with all the major teams. You can accept that as it is, or you can stop by our Teamspeak and see for yourself.

You can "zerg rush" a planet with multiple drop teams, sure, but if there's no one standing to fight you, then you don't get any matches-the timer just keeps going up, not down.

Edited by Commander A9, 21 May 2016 - 09:20 AM.

#48 Khereg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 919 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 21 May 2016 - 09:48 AM

View PostRandy Poffo, on 20 May 2016 - 10:48 PM, said:

If that's how you felt then why did y'all scream bloody murder about the existence of a solo q?

I thought the whole point was making it so that people HAD to play with you if they wanted to play at all.

A little nuance here...

We pointed out that:

1. there wasn't enough population to support it

2. the design to be implemented wasn't going to be effective at separating skill from lack of skill (which is what was/is really needed), and

3. that it was ripe for abuse from high skill but unit-less players.

Pretty much all of that came true exactly as envisioned, although 2 and 3 never really got a fair test owing to the power of 1.

People who only saw "units are against solo queue - it must be because they want to farm seals" were missing the core of the message.

#49 Randy Poffo

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 77 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 10:14 AM

View PostKwea, on 21 May 2016 - 09:01 AM, said:

Nope. It was basic math. There was already a ton of waiting, way more than other games, even before the split. Splitting the queues when there was already a population problem was idiotic. It was then, and would be now, which is why they reversed it.

Also...what part of "CW is endgame content designed FOR groups so the big bad groups will stop playing in pug queue?" is so freaking hard to understand. Why should it need to be watered down for people who prefer solo queue tactics and builds?

Well hey, I think that's A-OK too! But if that's what you believe then when you say things like "Why don't you just go play with your friends and we'll play with ours" (which is what I was responding to), you probably don't mean it. Because when people go play with their friends and you play with yours, that's what you would call "splitting the queues".

#50 Randy Poffo

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 77 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 10:19 AM

View PostKwea, on 21 May 2016 - 09:01 AM, said:

Oh, I see, you're mistaking this for an argument about whether the q's in fact ought to be split. That argument is already played out, dead and gone.

The reason It was brought up was to highlight that you were being disingenuous. Because your model for having fun in this game depends on people being forced to play with you. So telling them to "go play with their friends" is either dumb, dishonest, or completely irrelevant, depending on what you meant by the statement.

#51 Kuritaclan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 May 2016 - 11:40 AM

View PostKhereg, on 21 May 2016 - 09:48 AM, said:

3. that it was ripe for abuse from high skill but unit-less players.

Nopp all unit-less players which have good skills were forced to creat a one man unit, to don't get bored 24/7 because of dry queues and in advance to have a challenge.

To be hones CW with 30min matches are not that interessting to the casual dude. And if he has a big w8 time half his evening pleasure after a couple hours of work are on the ground. So i would say those people never played cw, even if they had there queue out of only solo players. And secondly the quicker matches 4vs4 scouting were these dudes would have participated in fw cw, scared tehm away, because 4 man groups with experienced players droped hard into the queue to save the longtoms, so going for a planet is self sentence into death.

#52 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 21 May 2016 - 11:47 AM

View Postcrustydog, on 20 May 2016 - 09:19 AM, said:

The general point of the OP is exactly right.

Case in point, the Jade Falcon log jam: without faction switching penalties, contract breaking penalties, unit joining penalties, single attack lanes, and all the rest of these FOOLISH restrictions, it becomes a simple matter of players moving around to where they can find games.

Remove ALL of the penalties. Install Global FW chat to help locate games, and the players will do the rest - PROBLEM SOLVED.

Ahem! Isn't player behavior -- alleged player behavior, anyway -- which caused these restrictions to be added in the first place?

#53 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 21 May 2016 - 11:56 AM

View Postfbj, on 20 May 2016 - 12:18 PM, said:

The real question the most of us have to ask yourselves, 'Why are you still playing this game?'

Well, I've actually been playing less and less. I'm only playing this weekend because I want to poke some Kodiak butts. But the Kodiaks seem to have gone into hibernation. If that does not change in a few hours, it's Far Harbor for me. <shrugs>

View PostDeathlyEyes, on 20 May 2016 - 02:20 PM, said:

Do away with all the fronts, unified clan vs IS front ...

I'll probably be outta here the day that happens.

#54 Danjo San

• Hero of Liao
  • Hero of Liao
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 12:10 PM

Now here's a suggestion from a Loyalist Unit Leader (less than 30 in my Unit, mostly casuals). How about all the Mega-Units just split up and distribute among the factions. I mean seriously, you have a Unit of say 300-400 Mercenaries. You move all in one bulk from Faction to Faction and complain there is nobody to fight. If you split that you'd have around 10 Units, ya'll go to different factions and guess what... you'll have fights. simple as that. You complain about distribution issues but cluster into megagroups... either we all cluster into megagroups or pgi sets actual caps to help the balance. I'd prefer the latter. Cap Units at 48 Members, thats 4 Dropships.

#55 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 21 May 2016 - 12:11 PM

View PostDanjo San, on 21 May 2016 - 12:10 PM, said:

Now here's a suggestion from a Loyalist Unit Leader (less than 30 in my Unit, mostly casuals). How about all the Mega-Units just split up and distribute among the factions. I mean seriously, you have a Unit of say 300-400 Mercenaries. You move all in one bulk from Faction to Faction and complain there is nobody to fight. If you split that you'd have around 10 Units, ya'll go to different factions and guess what... you'll have fights. simple as that. You complain about distribution issues but cluster into megagroups... either we all cluster into megagroups or pgi sets actual caps to help the balance. I'd prefer the latter. Cap Units at 48 Members, thats 4 Dropships.

I thought this explained it well:

View PostKwea, on 20 May 2016 - 09:42 PM, said:

Most nights we have 2-3 12 mans going, that's it. We have 360 members, with maybe 130 that play CW...scattered over 5 countries world-wide.

Edited by Mystere, 21 May 2016 - 12:12 PM.

#56 Danjo San

• Hero of Liao
  • Hero of Liao
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 12:15 PM

View PostMystere, on 21 May 2016 - 12:11 PM, said:

I thought this explained it well:

yeah so why rely on sheer numbers and not boil down to the essence

5 countries ... could be 5 units as well

#57 Danjo San

• Hero of Liao
  • Hero of Liao
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 12:20 PM

as Kwea said ... most nights there's 2-3 Dropships ... so a 48 Member Cap should be sufficient!

#58 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 12:32 PM

View PostShiftySWP and the Pleated Pants, on 21 May 2016 - 03:10 AM, said:

I like your whole post but this part.....

The problem is that FP is not really that fun these days. 1 of 10 drops is a GG. 1 of 10 drops (from my experience) is a ghost drop. 8 of 10 drops is roll one way or another. Add 5-15min of waiting for a drop and 25min games means.... 1..2..3...280ish minutes of play time for 20-25min of GG. Add the fact that every game, every map plays the same.....

A week ago I was on every night. Now, I can and will do better things with my 4+ hours from until this gets better.

Wallet vote time as well. I gave back Kodiak before the release. Time to give back my last and only pre-order. Sad to say... bye bye Phoenix Hawk.

Also @Kuritaclan -

I strongly applaud you voting with your wallet. I'm of the opinion anyone with a Kodiak doesn't get to complain - they bought the move all mounts to cockpit height pre-quirked cash grab. They showed PGI with their wallets how they feel about the game.

When I talk about wanting the same rewards I mean success rate. As I said in the prior post I think being in a unit should not give any rewards you can't get otherwise. You need rewarded for how many matches you won. If you are pugging and help flip a world you get the exact same rewards that the unit members in those drops get. Conversely the unit members who didn't play don't get anything.

You reward people for participating in winning matches that take a world you drive people to win matches and take worlds.

#59 Armando

CookieWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • LocationRaiding the Cookie Jar

Posted 21 May 2016 - 03:26 PM

View PostDanjo San, on 21 May 2016 - 12:10 PM, said:

Fair is fair right? 30 or 300...how about you and your 30 friends split up, spread to the winds, and stop playing with each other?

Pick the 2 guys in your unit, pray they are always going to be online / playing the same time you are going to be online / playing and say goodbye forever to the 27 other guys in your unit.

Does this still sound like a good idea to you? (If it does, I question how many people in your unit are really your 'friends', or if you understand what a 'team' is).

Edited by Armando, 21 May 2016 - 04:04 PM.

#60 Khereg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 919 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 21 May 2016 - 03:35 PM

View PostKuritaclan, on 21 May 2016 - 11:40 AM, said:

Nopp all unit-less players which have good skills were forced to creat a one man unit, to don't get bored 24/7 because of dry queues and in advance to have a challenge.

Well, yeah, for the players who wanted to be challenged. But what I was saying was there are unscrupulous skilled players who could have farmed the unit-less queue for massive c-bill payouts. That's the "abuse" I referred to.

Had we seen more activity before the unit-less queue got re-merged with the unit queue it definitely would have been a thing and there would have been much QQ.

Edited by Khereg, 21 May 2016 - 03:36 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users