#101 demoyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 354 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 June 2016 - 11:49 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 05 June 2016 - 03:52 PM, said:

i dun need no education. didnt you ever listen to pink floyd? and u call yerself edjucated.

THEY didn't need any education. They were getting rich on being rock stars. You, on the other hand...

#102 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 June 2016 - 11:55 PM

View PostArmando, on 05 June 2016 - 09:43 PM, said:

Posted Image

ftfy

#103 p4r4g0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 05 June 2016 - 11:58 PM

View PostTarogato, on 05 June 2016 - 11:55 PM, said:

ftfy

That gif is absolutely hilarious.

#104 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 06 June 2016 - 12:20 AM

I bet if you ask all the most active teams (including comp) in MWO about the time they spent on coms... they would tell you that outside of some MWO, they are playing the heck out of some other game as a group.

That is what MWO is doing to them.

#105 Insufficient Skill

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 12:24 AM

View PostCaptain Mittens, on 05 June 2016 - 10:08 PM, said:

I think what really killed Invasion game play is that clan mechs suck at it. When the FP event started my unit was contracted to clan wolf. I was at like less than 10% wins solo dropping with clans in Invasion. I was running 3 x srm+spl tbrs. We'd routinely lose matches on the first or second wave. If we were attacking we'd get wiped out without touching a generator, or just get clobbered on counter attack. I was TRYING really hard, would routinely get 6-8 kills, and hit over 2k dmg, and our team would still lose. I was seeing majority of players with 100-500 dmg.

Then our contract expired and we switched to FRR. I won 9/10 matches when I was IS. Only ever lost to a 12-man Clan Drop([evil]) and we still managed to put up a fight. If we were even marginally organized then the IS team would always win, and we'd routinely stomp the clan teams.

The game is balanced around QP not invasions, and the clans can't compete with their super hot long range builds. The only clan builds that compete are the Ballistics brawlers, and they have their own problems. Nothing compared to a Black knight. The game is too much in favor of QP, and it makes invasions totally unbalanced. **** like the Oxide Generator rushes on vitric.

You see the contradiction in our own words, don't you? No? Lemme point them out:

I think what really killed Invasion game play is that clan mechs suck at it.[...]

I was running 3 x srm+spl tbrs.[...] I was TRYING really hard, would routinely get 6-8 kills, and hit over 2k dmg, and our team would still lose.

Do the math: Only 6 players, godlike as yourself of course, would suffice for winning every match. It's not the mechs, it's the players in them.

#106 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 June 2016 - 12:41 AM

View PostMonodominant, on 05 June 2016 - 01:44 PM, said:

I still cant comprehend how big units hurt people.

View PostMonodominant, on 05 June 2016 - 01:44 PM, said:

solo player or the player who formed a one man unit or even the player in the 10 man unit would never get any planets

I think you answered your own question.

#107 FallingAce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 627 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 12:44 AM

I think what really killed Invasion game play is that clan mechs suck at it. When the FP event started my unit was contracted to clan wolf. I was at like less than 10% wins solo dropping with clans in Invasion. I was running 3 x srm+spl tbrs. We'd routinely lose matches on the first or second wave. If we were attacking we'd get wiped out without touching a generator, or just get clobbered on counter attack. I was TRYING really hard, would routinely get 6-8 kills, and hit over 2k dmg, and our team would still lose. I was seeing majority of players with 100-500 dmg.

Then our contract expired and we switched to FRR. I won 9/10 matches when I was IS. Only ever lost to a 12-man Clan Drop([evil]) and we still managed to put up a fight. If we were even marginally organized then the IS team would always win, and we'd routinely stomp the clan teams.

The game is balanced around QP not invasions, and the clans can't compete with their super hot long range builds. The only clan builds that compete are the Ballistics brawlers, and they have their own problems. Nothing compared to a Black knight. The game is too much in favor of QP, and it makes invasions totally unbalanced. **** like the Oxide Generator rushes on vitric.

Clan Jade Falcon +66 planets
1.58 win/loss ratio

Both tops in Faction Warfare.
Conclusion I.S. OP

#108 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 01:13 AM

View PostFallingAce, on 06 June 2016 - 12:44 AM, said:

Clan Jade Falcon +66 planets
1.58 win/loss ratio

Both tops in Faction Warfare.
Conclusion I.S. OP

yep because unlike every other faction in the game, our pugs listen to commands. And we have a great coordination and units that don't just pick up and leave when the going gets tough

I kinda wish that JF votes to attack wolf and GB and Smoke Jag just to end the embarrassment that is the other clans

And I have no sympathy for other clans who for years have called us "green turkeys" and said we had "salmon" in our territory that was ripe for the taking and did everything to stop us by forming alliances with house steiner only to have it backfire in the end and we are the most powerful unstoppable force in the galaxy with major units AFRAID to sign on with house steiner cause they know our superior units will steamroll them. Darth Vader would be proud, darth vader would roll jade falcon if he played

make no mistake about it, jade falcon will push all the way to house marik and their will be a "bird war" before season one is over

Edited by Grimwill, 06 June 2016 - 01:49 AM.

#109 Joey Tankblaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 516 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 02:14 AM

OMG. It couldn't hear you over the sound how awesome you are.

Edited by Joey Tankblaster, 06 June 2016 - 02:14 AM.

#110 Daidachi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 461 posts
  • LocationThe Andromeda Initiative

Posted 06 June 2016 - 02:27 AM

View PostGrimwill, on 06 June 2016 - 01:13 AM, said:

yep because unlike every other faction in the game, our pugs listen to commands. And we have a great coordination and units that don't just pick up and leave when the going gets tough

I kinda wish that JF votes to attack wolf and GB and Smoke Jag just to end the embarrassment that is the other clans

And I have no sympathy for other clans who for years have called us "green turkeys" and said we had "salmon" in our territory that was ripe for the taking and did everything to stop us by forming alliances with house steiner only to have it backfire in the end and we are the most powerful unstoppable force in the galaxy with major units AFRAID to sign on with house steiner cause they know our superior units will steamroll them. Darth Vader would be proud, darth vader would roll jade falcon if he played

make no mistake about it, jade falcon will push all the way to house marik and their will be a "bird war" before season one is over

I'm not sure if you saw the map before the last reset.

Y'know, the one where all clans had been pushed back to their capitals, with the exception of clan ghost Bear, who had 228, DSx, and MS at the end (who'd gotten bored with being Rasalhague).

Jade Falcon pugs do generally listen to instructions better than a number of other clans, I'll grant you that. But at the end of the day the number of worlds the Falcons hold is due to a not insignificant amount of effort on the part of some very good merc units, loyalists who are willing to work together, and no small amount of good fortune as to where people were when phase 3 came out.

But to quote the speaker of the British parliament (out of context admittedly), It's a point so blindingly obvious, that only an extraordinarily clever and sophisticated person could fail to grasp it.

#111 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 06 June 2016 - 03:30 AM

View PostCentsOfFate, on 04 June 2016 - 04:25 PM, said:

Congratulations MWO Community. Your witch hunt of killing the large units of the game has finally seen the fruits of your labor. You won.

Thats like saying large units have killed FP...

#112 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 06 June 2016 - 08:49 AM

View PostJack Booted Thug, on 05 June 2016 - 08:53 PM, said:

This. Played a hell of a lot of matches, had fun for a good while, then became mind numbingly bored. The last event completely burned me out and haven't played mwo since. Maybe I'll feel like playing again after a good break.

Or if they add some serious content.

Just as soon as PGI realizes "Mechpacks" are not content. Mechpacks are basically expensive skins.

#113 Stormbringer13

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 07:02 PM

View PostChef Kerensky, on 05 June 2016 - 04:49 PM, said:

Uh, no I don't think so. There's some serious garbage out there in those trial mechs.

depends on the person willing to take leadership control. I played 2 matches with 12 PUGs where someone stepped up and gave good advice and tactics. we won both those matches.
I've also been involved in matches where there are 2 threes and a four and we still get routed by the enemy.

#114 Vagosei

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 07:43 PM

View PostRustyBolts, on 04 June 2016 - 04:14 PM, said:

Maybe a better idea Sader would be to screen shot our Unit tab in MWO so they can see how many are logged into the game. I have been in TS and seen 20 people logged in, but only 5 in game. Been trying to get some CW matches for two days. Said screw it and been working on my Oxide in Public matches instead.

Your right Rusty...Between hiding in private teamspeak most of the other ms players are online and won't get in TS to play as a unit. It was kinda sad.

#115 Kin3ticX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 06 June 2016 - 09:19 PM

this song reminds me of the hole in my life because of no more CW

#116 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 06 June 2016 - 09:41 PM

View PostGrimwill, on 05 June 2016 - 10:40 PM, said:

of course MS is mad. Their entire strategy from the first CW beta is to zerg planets with their 500 plus population and win via ghost drops. They were never really elite, which is why they have the lowest Win/Lose ratio out of the top five units with a 2.92...compared to a 9.0 of KCOM or the 3.47 of IBR or EVIL's 5.52.

So PGI takes away their two attack lanes and their chances to zerg and now they QQ cause they have to actually win a planet without mass ghost dropping,. LOL good move PGI

You are absolutely right!
All MS damn looooooooooooooves to waste time ghost dropping.
That was the sole reason we did CW a lot.

And now...yes.... what a boredom.... we must actually play piloting and shooting at robbotz; which is very boring....

oh, wait....

#117 Monodominant

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 113 posts
  • LocationWarsaw, Poland

Posted 07 June 2016 - 03:38 AM

View PostDavers, on 06 June 2016 - 12:41 AM, said:

I think you answered your own question.

Not if you read the whole post.

A one man unit or even a 10 man unit wont gain planets regardless of if MS is there or not. You need a much much bigger group to drop enough and drop consistently to do so. So the single player could claim that ANY unit, no matter how big is the issue.

#118 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 04:08 AM

Posted Image

#119 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 07 June 2016 - 05:47 AM

Large units were/are not the death of the game. The death of FW was the lack of balance between the defending pugs and attacking 12-man groups. The constant mantra of "FW is hard mode, get a group" as justification for alienating new/casual players is just stupid. EVERY competitive venture eventually organizes itself into play-groups based on skill because it is NOT fun to get stomped by a vastly more skilled group and NOT fun to constantly stomp unskilled opponents. End the end the "FW is hard mode, get a group" people end up destroying the game they like to play

Having said that, PGI's solution would be something childishly naive like queue splitting rather than something more responsive like real-time tonnage, AI and map modifications to assist inferior and hinder superior forces.

#120 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 07 June 2016 - 06:10 AM

View PostArmando, on 05 June 2016 - 02:11 PM, said:

If by "me" you mean: The Tournament has the vast majority of the Faction Warfare "drop callers" distracted, resulting a Faction Warfare "Leadership Vacuum" you are absolutely a (singular) reason / cause in a long list of many.

So accurate.

US West prime Thur-Sat time is now a ghost town across most TS servers... Most of the callers are busying with tournament commitments.

Gonna be quiet for the next 3 months. It's been quite noticeable.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users