All You Had To Do To Kill Large Units.

188 replies to this topic

#181 nehebkau

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 17 June 2016 - 08:46 AM

View PostSteamCharts Kerensky, on 17 June 2016 - 07:15 AM, said:

The only unit that ever brought any fun or interest to CW as a whole was none other than NKVA, the #1 unit in the Inner Sphere in both skill and modesty. Our unit creed: Honor. Glory. Honour.

It's not a coincidence that every time NKVA takes a break from laughing, slapping, and beating the piss out of role-players, interest in CW/FW/FP/Whatever it's being called now tanks to nothing.

That's great value, and it's only available at kurita.brazilgaming.net.

Its all NKVA's fault :)

#182 Darkblood

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 370 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 17 June 2016 - 11:35 AM

View PostCoordinator Toxic Kerensky, on 04 June 2016 - 05:46 PM, said:

Wow. Posted Image

Going down fast, and not just FW

#183 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 12:54 PM

View PostDarkblood, on 17 June 2016 - 11:35 AM, said:

Wow. Posted Image

Holy horse-pucky batman! Even assuming a 30/70 steam vs. dedicated that is still not fun.

Edited by nehebkau, 17 June 2016 - 12:55 PM.

#184 Jep Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 554 posts
  • LocationWest Chicago, IL

Posted 17 June 2016 - 01:25 PM

View PostPFC Carsten, on 05 June 2016 - 05:53 AM, said:

Just another PUG here, but after the most recent changes to FW, I haven't played a single match, not even during the event, IIRC - apart from a couple of scouting missions.

PGI thoroughly took a wrong turn at every decision-making point they ever passed over the last years wrt Faction Play.

Old news, my man. PGI is PGI. That, sadly, will most likely never change.

That said, I have noticed that many of my own unit members feel discouraged towards FW. Reason being, our faction is down to two planets and we cannot make any headway against the numerically superior FRR, especially with the rest of the vastly numerically superior IS helping them defend their planets. When we see the three planets that took us two weeks to take conquered in two days with many of the enemy drops being ghost drops, that is very discouraging. In the weeks since then, we have been trying to invade the same planet and have failed every single time.

I used to be able to field a full 12 from my unit to drop in FW on average and two full groups at our peak. Now, there are fewer and fewer even coming online, much less joining FW. Many do not even respond to my calls for FW anymore, and I am the unit leader! Clan morale for FW is overall shot. Even a fool will eventually figure out that smashing his head against a brick wall not do him any good and stop.

Even if Clan mechs and IS mechs are "balanced", the pilot populations will never be and PGI does not care about that since they have publicly stated that they will never do what is really needed to be done. Way to go PGI! You have given us the "balance" you always wanted! But hey, you are still making a fortune by selling more new mechs to play in a broken game, so why should you care?

Our only hope is that someone else will eventually buy the game and hopefully do it the justice it rightly deserves.

Edited by Jep, 17 June 2016 - 02:08 PM.

#185 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 17 June 2016 - 01:51 PM

Big teams are here to stay. We're not going anywhere.

We're not handicapping ourselves either.

And expecting PGI to do "something" about "it" is foolish.

What exactly is the problem here? That the solo individualistic pugs who come from different play styles and walks of life can't beat an organized drop team?

Why's that the big teams' fault? Because we don't have a back-and-forth winning and losing of planets across the map?

Check this out: If you didn't have Clans actually pushing into Inner Sphere territory, you would have no invasion...and no reason to resist them, or play Faction Warfare.

Edited by Commander A9, 17 June 2016 - 01:52 PM.

#186 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 01:54 PM

Its about time the FRR and Ghostbear merge and let the FRR/Ghostbear loyalists drop in both types of mech..

lolz
Couldn't resist the pull of the derp.

#187 Jack Booted Thug

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 549 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 19 June 2016 - 01:01 AM

View PostKin3ticX, on 16 June 2016 - 06:23 PM, said:

Any kind of end-user on end-user infighting is very misguided here

100% of everything wrong is on PGI

There is no community driven solution possible so the mercstar vs pug shoulda coulda argument is moot.

For me, my continued participation in the game rid on the very very delayed phase 3 being a masterpiece and now im just done. My crystal ball says its too late and the excitement from early-mid phase 2 is never again sustainable. This is more a product lifecycle issue at this point.

Fighting each other in forum warrior mode is literally an echo chamber of stupid

Right again. It's not a content rich, dynamic game mode with enough variety too keep many of us with 1000 plus matches interested.

Product life cycle, eventually we get bored without genuinly engaging new content.

Same boring funnel choke point maps that all feel like they play the same after a while. Same boring objective, same fire lines, same set ups.

It becomes monotonous and dull, painfully boring.

Was already getting bored towards mid phase 2 and 3 offered little to get me excited again.

Playing with a fun group of guys is the only thing that kept me playing as long as i did.

How many hours do we usually get out of a game anyway? This one made it further than most for me.

#188 Czarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 414 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 01:19 AM

View PostDarkblood, on 17 June 2016 - 11:35 AM, said:

Wow. Posted Image

I am given this game 6 months before it's over and the servers go down for good. I lost all confidence in PGI to make the game better. Hopefully harebrain's Battletech game will be out by then. I wasn't a fan of Mech Commander but the entire story and micromanaging a mercenary unit aspect of Battletech looks cool so I bought a founder packet.

Ohh well at least MWO isn't like The Division which lost 60% of their population in the last two months...what a huge Ubisoft failure that game was

Edited by Czarr, 19 June 2016 - 01:34 AM.

#189 Paitr aConn

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 11:39 AM

View PostSader325, on 15 June 2016 - 01:28 PM, said:

Once again you're asking players not to win.

If a game mode can only survive as long as a group is willing not to win, that is a poorly designed game mode.

Why would you think this is even a legitimate line of reasoning?

How many times have you ever fought a Mercstar 24 man? 36 man? 48 man? 60 man?

Oh wait... never? That's right. You only ever fight 12 mercstar pilots maximum, thats it twelve people.

Our numbers mean that we field multiple 12 man teams. You never fight more or less of us, our numbers advantage means nothing in the context of the game.

The problem here is you can't beat our groups of 12 organized players, and for some reason you think you should.

We organize, train, and deploy dozens of players coordinating and working together to win our matches, and you have the audacity to believe that without also dedicating the time and effort we do that you should be allowed to beat us?

You don't deserve to win, if you aren't willing to work as hard as we do to deploy competent players.

You'll notice I said mercs, not ms. Mercs. Mercs. As in all mercs. Read before replying and don't read into what I say.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users